Cast it

Cast it

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/2/1/14468876/dune-reboot-denis-villeneuve-director-official
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idris elba

This, as Duncan Idaho

Racist. As Leto II.

p sure the family was white in the books.

what the F*CK was her problem?!?

That's problematic. Why not make them strong proud African royalty???

Her daughter (possibly even biologically) had doomed herself and her family by having a son. Don't forget she left that scene in tears.

Shai'Hulud

Reminder it already HAD the perfect cast

Sean Bean as Leto

this is literally like a kid making his super-duper-ultra-giga team of overpowered heroes for his imaginary defence force or smth

it would've never work out

>space mohammed
it is not gonna happen kids, stop dreaming

While that would be fitting, Let really shouldn't look that Anglo. The Atreides have been described as having very Greek features

All of Paul's life is just a buildup to Leto's reign though.

Regardless as to whether or not he could have handled them, you have to admit the casting was pretty spot on.

>it is not gonna happen kids

its literally happening, sperg

JenCon as Jessica
Margaret Qualley as Chani
Saoirse Ronan as Irulan (keep that based Lynch intro with Irulan explaining the situation into the camera too)
Liam Neeson as Shaddam IV
Ed Norton as Count Fenring

I'd like to see a Michael Pitt Feud Rautha Harkonnen but he's too old now.

>2017
>people still think it's space mohammad vs space jesus
>not realising it's about space Egypt vs space Rome

Really? more info?

theverge.com/2017/2/1/14468876/dune-reboot-denis-villeneuve-director-official

>keep that based Lynch intro with Irulan explaining the situation into the camera too
Lolno.

When you take the full series into consideration, all of those comparisons are stupid.

Eh, does not sound like much.

>The news was confirmed this morning by Brian Herbert, son of Frank Herbert, who wrote the original 1965 Dune novel

lol, I love how they completely ignore that Brian is writing later books in the series

yeah, im pretty hyped for the movie as long as that talantless hack Brian stays miles away from the screenplay

Im partly sad this was never made because even though it would have been a train wreck, it would have been a glorious to behold train wreck.
Im partly happy it was never made because the source material deserves better than to be "raped".
Im fully happy it was attempted because without it we wouldnt have gotten Alien.

>he didn't think the intro was absolutely based
What has happened to Sup Forums? This wasn't even debatable 3 years ago, it's just objectively a great scene.

I'm finishing up God Emperor. I want to keep reading but knowing that the next two don't get resolved until Brian's books come in are really making me think against it.

It's like a bad version of the Galadriel overview in Fellowship.

Not to mention Irulan is just the worst character in the first 3 books and deserves nothing but a minor role.

Depends on what you consider the full series to be. Anything after God-Emperor is non-cannon

There is no point desu. God Emperor is the best book. First two is also good but only create the base for the third

Irulan writes the intro quote for more than half of the chapters in Dune, it's absolutely fitting that she introduce the complex situation to the audience

The cripple boy from GOT as Paul

I'm considering just up to God Emperor. Leto uses Egyptian terminology but is unambiguous that his empire is dissimilar to any other empire in history. Like, he flat-out says it.

Maybe like 3 of the intro quotes add anything at all to the reading experience and most simply serve to break the flow of reading.

He's literally playing God Emperor Leto II as we speak so they might want to save him for that.

Duke Leto

How are Heretics and Chapterhouse non-cannon, exactly?

>Middle eastern Atreides
Pls no.

>Leto is an awkward Anglo child
This thread's choices are the worst I've ever seen.

but that's wrong, they have an immense contribution by giving an outside, semi-objective perspective on the philosophy surrounding the ascension of Paul.

I was implying that Leto II is the exact same character as Bran

There would be better ways to do that than the shitty opening quotes. God Emperor does it great by starting the book with chapters like that.

Because they both see the future? That's the only similarity I can see.

Already happened in videogames

Lena Dunham

He'd be better for Stilgar.

While I wouldn't be a fan of making the Fremen middle eastern, I guess it wouldn't be too upsetting given we'd have to insert minorities somehow.

>all the Dune dickriding

First half of the book is okay, once it gets to the Fremen, it gets obnoxious with the unabashed dicksucking of their fighting skills and way of life and shit.

Feyd-Rautha should've won.

Anything after the first book is non-canon. FTFY, kouhai.

>we want the A listers, some old farts that used to be big, some model and $500m loss: the cast

Lady Jessica - Blanchett
Shaddam IV - Titus Welliver
Thurif Hawt - Michael Cocaine
Gurney Halleck - Joe Pesci
Duncan Idaho - Eric Bana
Leto Atreides - Theroux
Paul Atreides - Dane DeHaan
Feyd - Hayden Christensen
Yueh - Adam Driver
Princess Irulan - Brieee
Baron Vlad - Lena Dunham
Rabban - Amy Schumer
Piter de Vries - Jim Carrey
Stilgar - Viggo
Chani - Sara Sampaio
Reverend Mother Mohiam - Melissa McCarthy

The fact that the final confrontation was with Feyd-Rautha was a bit anti-climactic since he amd Paul really had no connection throughout the rest of the story.

Also John Goodman as Baron Harkonnen when?

Your dumb opinions serve as slight amusement to your God. For this you will be spared.

Some of these are legitimately great. Like Yueh and Stilgar

>Paul Atreides - Dane DeHaan

isnt that the casting of the day?

I wouldn't have thought about that but it actually sounds really good.

Fuck off. Everything written by Frank is canon. Canon ends at chapterhouse. Everything after that is fanfiction by his talentless son and Kevin Anderson.

>Baron Vlad - Lena Dunham
Perfect.

>not amy schummer