Will capeshit ever get a Best Picture nomination?

IMO, I think The Dark Knight was the best shot superhero movies had and will ever have. Especially with all this cinematic universe stuff, truly inspired CBM won't be made due to studio mandates and director puppeteering.

We'll see this year.

>I think The Dark Knight was the best shot superhero movies had
With a mouthbreathing cancer Batman and The Crow Tom Waits Joker?

Take issues with Bale's voice (I personally do not), but I think Ledger's performance was indisputably, at minimum, good.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight

Is contrarianism still cool here?

>superhero
Nolan's Batman is literally a police thriller with a guy who dresses as a bat, theres nothing super about them, not even for Batman standars of superhero.

You're right.

Ever since TDK, I never felt another capeshit flick had any chance. Sup Forums will pretend it was nothing special at the time to be contrarian but I remember the entire campus at the time was buzzing about the movie. Nowadays it's just throwaway flick after throwaway flick. Like even on here Marvel movies are forgotten like a week after coming out. DC is turning into Marvel now with their flicks.

Maybe that's the only reason it's of excellent quality

Guardians of the Galaxy sequel will get nominated. Screencap this.

Which one? Two are coming out in the same year.

>Memey superhero sequel will get nom
I think this is a shitpost but I can't be sure these days

Seriously?

Am I missing the joke here?

Cinematic universes were a mistake

Guess your the two people on the planet who didn't watch the silly scifi dadrock romp Thor 3 trailer.

Oh I get it. Yeah, I was a little disappointed by the trailer. I'm even more perplexed why people on this board like it

>Ragnarok, an great concept that could make Thor a respectable character and have great dramatic tension
>"Let's just have him fight the Hulk, and then they'll be Led Zeppelin!!! Maybe even a cameo in one of the 13 credits scenes!!"
Marvel Studios was a mistake

TDK is a meme reddit movie

my biggest beef with this movie is showing a planet hulk concept without beta ray bill

Yeah, but the minute you start comparing it to police thrillers you realise how meh it is compared to other better films of the genre such as Heat, LA Confidential, To Live and Die in LA, The French Connection, Manhunter, The Driver, Lethal Weapon, etc. The movie's great for capeshit, but the minute you compare it to actual movies, it loses a lot of its charm

have you seen the pretentious shit that wins oscars lately? why the fuck would you expect a batman film to even make the list?

if a normal person has heard of it, it won't win shit but best makeup.

This. TDK is like a MtF wrestling in the girls league.

interesting analogy

Probably not. Logan is the last chance. The bigger and more culturally pervasive it gets, the more the academy will feel an obligation to vote against it (not to mention that most of them are actually shit anyway).

With Oscars ratings declining, i think Logan may have a chance just to get nerds watching the awards

nominating shit just to get views would be the end of what little credibility the academy has left.

>credibility the academy has left
They gave Suicide Squad an Oscar. They've got 0 credibility or shame.

Hugh Jackman sang about the Dark Knight snub during his opening number, and the Academy literally changed the number of Best Picture nominees so that a movie like Dark Knight would get nominated. I wouldn't close the book on it.

suicide squad is far from the first shitty movie to get a technical award.

Yeah TDK was the closest it will ever come.

It was just too well made for capeshit standards.

Man, I watched this again last night.
>Terrible dialogue
>Poor direction
It had great action and is a well made film but overall, not as good as you might think.

>It had great action
It did?

when someone adapts the All Star Superman comic into a movie trilogy.