SUICIDE SQUAD Now Ahead of BvS and CA: CW Home Media Sales

>According to reports, Suicide Squad has now surpassed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in terms of both Blu-Ray and DVD sales. The movie has now already sold 1.6 million Blu-Ray copies and 971,026 DVD copies, while Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has sold 1.5 million Blu-Ray copies and 619,096 DVD copies, and that has been out on home entertainment since last July.

>In terms of earnings, Suicide Squad has already made a whopping $49.6 million in Blu-Ray sales pulling in ahead of the $39.1 million made from Batman v Superman within the same timespan.

>Meanwhile, Suicide Squad is also ahead of fellow comic book movies Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in home media sales. In comparison, Captain America: Civil War made $46.4 million in Blu-Ray sales within the same time period and Deadpool made $46.8 million. Do keep in mind that all of these comparisons are only taking into account the first four weeks of home entertainment sales, so it looks like Suicide Squad will finish ahead of all of these comic book movies

current sales are Deadpool - $90.6 million
Captain America: Civil War - $73.1 million
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $72.7 million
Suicide Squad - $71.0 million
X-Men: Apocalyse - $29.1 million

Marvel BTFO yet again

nice

Ugh. This basically cements that the DC movies won't improve any. I hope it doesn't take a full damned decade until we see a proper Justice League movie, and not this shit they're about to release.

Why is this even happening?

As someone who actually liked Man of Steel and BvS quite a bit, Suicide Squad was a borderline incomprehensible mess

makes sense it would do well on home video

because fuck all saw it in the theater

Teenagers eat up shit like this. I wonder if this means that WB will have ad agencies do more cuts of their movies, with no input from the directors?

This is pretty annoying as a fan of the characters. WB is fucking all this shit up.

it made 700 mil plus (without china) in theaters. wtf are you talking about moron?

Guess what? I actually like the characters interpretations thus far and dont think wb is fucking up at all. cry more faggot cuz im happy as hell right now

Bad bait, nobody who actually gives a shit about these characters are that retarded.

Only people who don't care about the comics are able to enjoy these.

At least the animated movies are good (save for the retarded shit they did in Killing Joke).

Time to just consider the live action movies a lost cause for a decade or so.

>people cant like what I dont
>its impossible!

Christ you idiots are insufferable

Literally liked everyone in this film save croc. Sorry bud

The movie was actually enjoyable if you take it for what it is. A loud dumb summer blockbuster for children.

Only self indulgent retards start over analysing kids movies

>lost cause
>making bank
>killing in sales

You slow or what?

>mfw faggots cry about HQ looking "trashy"

No one buys Marvel blurays because no one remembers the movie by the time the bluray comes out

This was by far the worst comic book movie I've seen in a long time, don't get why so many people would buy it.

>The highest sales are likely to be Deadpool and Suicide Squad.

Without commenting on the quality of the films mentioned, this makes sense to me. I feel like both movies appeal more to a younger demographic that would want to have those movies in their collection just to throw on with friends.

>Alright, we need a couple of metahumans that could take on Superman if need be
>So far we got the dude who can control fire, some mayan witch spirit, some sort of crocodile mutant and a dude who shoots really good
>we should hire a dude who's good with ropes and a scrawny girl with a sledgehammer
>with that team, Superman has no chance!
What did they mean by this? And how come they didn't ask non-criminal metahumans?

>some mayan witch spirit,

She could defeat Superman and Diablo's fire is magic so it could also hurt him. Shit if you get some Kryptonite bullets Deadshot is also an option

Too bad Batman stole all Kryptonite to make a spear.
Also, why include Harley in the first place?

its not like they had an array of people to choose from, it was literally the only prisoners they had that even brushed up against being super (and then again, Enchantress and Diablo are pretty viable threats).

Hey I agree the team is mostly shit but they have at least two who can hurt Superman

From what I know of the comics the Suicide Squad is made of villians to carry out shady missions and nobody connects them to the US because they think it's just villians causing shit again. So it only works in a big universe, really.

Civil War is on Netflix in the US.
I seriously doubt many people will be buying the DVD for a while-- but it's funny that someone thought this was worth reporting.

I don't think they're fucking up, either. I just thought the story in SS was a little weak and could have used a bit more time devoted to establishing the dynamics between the characters.

Kek nice damage control fiege

Oh I definitely agree the movie could have been handled better. So much wasted potential cuz they really had all the pieces. Wish they went full spooky and dark shit like they teased with enchantress. Let boomer and and harley (joker) be the only comic relief to lighten the mood here and there and fully embrace the risky business the squad should be dealing with.

Waller and Lex were working together. Calling it now. Lex's job was going to be setting up the "upstanding citizen" metahuman group and framing Superman. Waller was going to push Task Force X through to put him and other criminal metas on a government leash.

Will the capeshit menace ever end, how do adults eat this shit up?

Damage control is trying to use home video sales as validation for a movie that's been out for almost a year.

>imagine being this blown out

Fuuuck

Fiege confirmed Suicide watch! Top kek

I dont buy them because they're not self-contained like preMCU stuff.

Came this close to buying Winter Soldier but fuck em.

I kind of thought that Waller got the rest because they had metahuman (Waller might think the bat is one since he's been operating for so long) contact and survived/ or could cause emotional hurt (Harley helped killing robin)

No point in asking, we all know Marvel will never recover from this

Waller turned Harley(or at least thinks she has), and is using her as an in-road to the Joker. She sees him as a potential foil against Bruce and she's right, because she's figured out who he is.