American Psycho

So barring all the memes and all that, what's the unironic, genuine Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VQ440xOiyho
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

9/10

I would prefer to talk about these repeating digits desu

The verdict is that im sitting at my desk doing dick all and getting paid. Still cant get an 8:30 rez at dorsia, why is this?

>He presents himself as some harmless old codger but inside... but inside...
>Inside? Yes, inside? Believe it or not Bryce we're actually listening to you.

What did Bryce mean by that?

Yeah, pretty good.

Like seriously. Probably one of the few films we unanimously like, memes aside.

Good movie. Especially if you don't know the plot. Though don't mistake it for a film that tells a plot, it in fact is a character study of Bateman.

>get a reservation at Dorsia
>3 hours later they call back
>sorry sir, we accidentally double booked and will have to cancel your reservation
>know deep inside that somebody more important called and stole your table.
>hookers and blow to wipe away the shame

Mid tier yuppie life is suffering.

It's a genuinely great movie.

I'd recommend watching it at least twice because you get a different viewing experience on additional viewings when you know what's going to happen.

I don't really get how it ties to the sequel.
For instance: In the original, not once was he referred to be a furry that he was revealed to be in the sequel.
Yeah, I get it, Bat(e)man. Really original.

We all know where this thread is going,right?

Not with your post it isn't.

yes
YES

OH MY GOD!!!!

HOLY FUCK

You are not in charge of this thread.

if its been a while since you've rewatched it, i'd highly recommend reading the book and then rewatching the film after you've read it.

I HAVE TO RETURN SOME VIDEO TAPES

duplicates

This joke would work except there really is an American Psycho 2 and it's not very good and remembering it makes me not laugh it just kind of makes me feel bad.

Damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQ440xOiyho

>You're inhuman
>(upset) I'm in touch with reality

funniest scene imo

fuck
in touch with humanity*

It's full of plot holes. Unfaithful to original. Poorly acted. Boring. Feminist.

>singles
>contrarian
Get the fuck out

Contrarion as hell.
It's a good movie.

The acting and cinematography are great, but it's nothing more than "yuppies are vain and evil" repeated non-stop for 90 minutes.

5/5

How the fuck is it feminist? A male serial killer, because that's a strawman and has never happened before?
I'm as anti-feminist as they come and I genuinely do not understand that comparison

One of my favorite characters is Paul Allen.
In my mind, Bateman never killed him.

jesus, i will stab your face with a thin serrated blade repeatedly you absolute fucking failure of a human being. You disgust me, you stink. you fucking REEK you fucking faggot.

those are trips. but hey, impressive!

if dubs i an hero

the book doesnt have a fucking plot, and it doesnt really concern itself with ''continuity''. and it's not precisely feminist, but Bret Easton Ellis himself says the book is a criticism of male behavior (specifically wall-street juppie brokers) that much is pretty crystal fucking clear

its as faithful as it gets, but its another fucking medium you nitwit, things you can do in film u cant do with prose, vice-versa. Bret Easton Ellis liked the film.

It's really great up to an including the scene where he murders Paul. After that it really loses me. Being so enraged by missing a dinner reservation that you kill someone is hilarious satire. Chasing women around with chainsaws and beating them during sex isn't.

Quads

If dubs ill watch it, if not you guys will have to convince me

oh you poor thing

7/10 movie.

Oh yeah

Did Paul Allen get Dubs?

dubs check em

It's still going

All psychopaths engage in homosexual behaviour, but keep quiet about it. The movie didn't really address that. Mr Robot was brave enough to have a corporate homo butt-fucking scene.

7/10

a lot of the most subtle and important points from the book are completely lost in translation or simply under-emphasized. It makes the movie make less sense as a result.

As a standalone movie it's alright, but it could have been so much better.