Admittedly, the last one I watch was Tokyo Drift. Is this series still about racing fast cars in the street for cash?

Admittedly, the last one I watch was Tokyo Drift. Is this series still about racing fast cars in the street for cash?

Need for speed was better than the last five Fast Furious movies.

>watching tokyo drift ever

those movies have cars in them

>Is this series still about racing fast cars in the street for cash?

You know the answer to this. You know you know the answer to this. I have not seen a single one, nor watched a trailer, and I know the answer to this. You are playing naive for (You)s. It worked.

Honestly they're basically superhero movies now
>a team of friends, who sometimes have rocky dynamics between them
>forced to team up with an old foe
>superpowers (driving ability) enhanced by special equipment (cars)
>cars have special powers (can break the fall of a person, or shield them from explosions, etc)
>shady government handler
>secret high-tech base
>literally save the world from nuclear annihilation by a super-hacker villain

That doesn't sound like racing fast cars for cash, not at all. Maybe I dodged a bullet.

Not true in the slightest. But thanks for the (You) :)

this
the picture he uploaded for the thread even answers his question for him

also this is the ultimate brainlet franchise, no redeemable qualities what so ever

It's still fucking good. IIRC in 6, they go to London and there is a short scene where they race up and down Embankment. But desu if you thought the franchise was *ever* only about racing fast cars for cash, give up

>tfw to smart to have fun

This was the first one I've seen since the 2nd, they street race for like the first 10 minutes and that's all

There's a 5 minute race at the begining of the film!

Also F&F > Marvelshit & DCucks
This is what flicks are meant to be. Borderline kino.

Niggers, the first one was about an undercover cop infiltrating and befriending a group of underground street racers in LA who were knocking off truck shipments and stealing dvd players in their spare time.

Well, the new one is about the CIA protected racing family having fun until they get called by US government to drift in Russia's arctic circle to stop an international hacker from highjacking nukes aboard a nuclear submarine.

its actually ridiculous that the series had this much of a thematic departure from its original

the fast and furious movies are basically just the expendables at this point, least its still entertaining I guess

Honestly my favourite current franchise, on account of it being so hilariously retarded
>When the villains hacks into half the cars in NY to control them
>Starts with new 300Cs and other relatively plausible shit
>Then they're somehow hacking shit like a '91 BMW 325, early 2000s Elantra, late '90s VW Transporter, etc.

>expendables
Expendables wish they were this fun.

>Is this series still about racing fast cars in the street for cash?
>racing fast cars
>fast

There is no "fast" in the title anymore, go figure.

>they didn't make any sequels for the need for speed movie which was at least decent
>they keep making this garbage

Need for Speed was garbage unlike F&F

>t. Vin
go away bald manlet

t. Jesse Pinkman

Mad about your nonexistant career senpai?

This. I'm a huge opponent of the "just turn your brain off dude" dipshits but if anything this is the closest to being that. They are so over the top and crazy while never taking itself seriously(outside of the Paul walker tribute of course).

From 5 on, I'd say it is kino. Though the first and Tokyo drift have their charms as well.

I've only seen Tokyo Drift and it was actually pretty good. Watch that one. It's the mid-2000s in the form of a movie.

Not sure why they cast such a horrible actor as the lead, especially since he looks about 30 and plays a highschooler in the film.

It was never about the cash. It was about family.

is cuban girl best race starter?

Given everything said in this thread about what the series has become, are the new movies at least entertaining? Are they good (given what they)?

And corona

after riding the buzz of tvs latest suggestions I watched bvs ultimate edition which was kino, and then I watched pain & gain which was kino. LastnightI started watching fast 5 and it was just so bad I turned it off. Im gonna try transformers 3 4 5 etc next.