Are driving exams extremely difficult to pass in your country too?

Are driving exams extremely difficult to pass in your country too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q097a7VQ7yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently not since many stupid people get their licences. But I still managed to fail.

I got it on the first try because I practiced for months and picked a more lenient DMV. But I failed the written exam lik 4 times

>sign up for driving exam prep
>do everything perfectly
>softly bump the curm while parallel parking
>starts sobbing in the instructor's car
How do I stop this?

nope only if you get nervous you would fail here

Girl?

i fucking hate your guts tbqh

you always steal my op pictures

it is so hard and expensive here that many people decide to do it in Czech Republic instead
Czech Republic even have hired special translators for polish people willing to learn or pass exam there

whole learning(theory and 30h of driving with instructor) costs like 1500 PLN which is average monthly wage of most young people
each try on passing the exam costs 150 PLN

i did it on my 3rd try

oh and forgot to mention that examinators are so busy that you have to wait average 2-4 weeks between each try and the waiting stresses you even more
it was one of the worst experiences in my life, this whole thing
wouldnt do that again

I've never taken one so idk

Easiest shit ever.

Muhahahahahahahaha

Nah, mostly up to luck here.

>being so autistic you cant fucking drive
lmao

>

here is the exam i took
youtube.com/watch?v=Q097a7VQ7yg
easy as fuck , you don't even need to get into actual traffic.

in my state:
>show you know where all the important stuff is in the car (turn on the windshield wipers, honk the horn, etc)
>drive around on the road near the Department of Motor Vehicles office for fifteen minutes with an instructor in the car
>go back
>park in a parking space
>license

It depends a lot on the place. Driving tests are hard in cities and stupidly easy in the countryside.

It's hard when you sucks like me, and expensive no matter what

No, they are really easy(but I still managed to fuck up and only pass on second try)

Is it true euros have to wait until their 18 and then pay thousands of dollars to get a licence?

Europe is one country with the same laws everywhere so obviously yes

nah, the licence itself is not that expensive in Europe but unlike here where you can learn driving from your father legally , in Europe you have to go to a driving school and those just like here are expensive

My parents forced me to take the driving courses.
The learning process itself wasn't too bad. Got the theory exam passed on the first try. The practice one is where I completely flopped. I had to take the driving exam seven times before I got it right.
The very first time I tried to drive out of a garage I smashed a headlight. Drove to the nearest body shop and replaced it. When I was putting the car back into the garage I smashed the bloody headlight. Drove to another car shop because I was ashamed of shoving up to the same guys with the exact same problem on the same day. Successfully managed to put it back into the garage very very carefully.
The next week my mum asked me to drive her to her parents in the village. When I was pulling out of the garage I smashed the motherfucking headlight once again. Called a taxi so mum would get to a bus station and then drove to yet another body shop to fix the headlight. On the way back home I nearly crashed into some dude on a big black jeep. I got lucky that he was a good driver and that he managed to avoid the collision.
After a week or so I decided to practice a little and drive around at late evening. Pulled out of the garage with great caution. When I was driving around I nearly ran over some woman which was crossing the road on a crosswalk on the green light - I just didn't see her up until the moment she slammed her hand against the bonnet.
Got scared shitless. Haven't touched the car in about a month. Decided to try again. When I was driving out of the garage I crashed into a tree, smashed both rear lights and tore away the bumper.
Decided that I've had enough. Asked the neighbour to put the car back into the garage, threw the keys into a drawer. I don't go near the car for four years now.

Haha.

Not really. I failed my exam twice. One was because I pretty much ahdn't driven for half a year, second was because of a stupid mistake. Drive with your parents or whatever and you'll git gud.

Driving lessons are pretty expensive here, though.
Do you use manual or automatic for exams like the yanks?

you can start learning and driving with instructor when you're 17 but you can't undertake the exam if youre below 18

>Americans
>manual

No they are really easy. I passed my first try at 17

>Do you use manual or automatic for exams like the yanks?
in america , you can choose whatever you want , same for canada.

>thousands of dollars
If you do it by yourself it can cost you up to 500 euros if you fuck up a lot and get more expensive lessons. Or you can take lessons while in school and do it all for less than 200.

18 years thing is true.

idk about other Euro countries but you can learn to drive from your father and don't have to go to a driving school here. I know at least two people who have done that.

If you pass with an automatic are you legally allowed to drive a manual?

They're not so much difficult to pass as easy to fail. One examiner will fail you for something while another will just leave it as minor fault with no effect on the result. A lot of it is down to luck.

yeah i was generalizing but i know that learning driving from your parents isn't common in Europe,

We don't even have them in my city lmao

yes

no and it is the same in your country too probably
if you pass manual exam = you can drive both manual and auto
if you pass automatic exam = you are only allowed to drive automatic

mostly older people 60+ do it here, because they are stupid and cannot get it how to use the manual stick

It's easy especially outside of Istanbul

>no
but you can here, US states don't have separate licenses for manual and automatic.

very

Interesting.

If you pass with an automatic here you get a special auto-only license. Probably with pic related on it.

meant for

yeah i know same in uk but in america it's like this user saidYou see in driving tests here they don't give a fuck if you have an automatic or manual car , its the same test. You can bring any car you want from a shitty ford pick up to a manual racing car

I passed in my first test

>tfw failed G2 twice and going in again this week

Fuck, I better get it right this time. Last test I had some hardass British tester who was openly berating me for every mistake, and it irked me.

Extremely easy to fail, repeated attempts are the norm, not the exception. Horrendously expensive too, the exam centers are one of the few administrative institutions to routinely end up with huge yearly profit.
Supposedly it's gotten even worse now, since the written test portion, which used to be piss easy, was turned into the stuff of nightmares with absolutely inane questions.

Most Brazilians are dumb, but I'm doying relatively nice.
Tolerable score (7.0+)
>History
>Geography
>Arts
>English
>Literature
>P.E
>Science
>Chemics
>Geometry
Around 8.5
>Physics
>Spainish
>Portuguese
>Math

I think it's one of the hardest in Europe

the written test here is 50 questions , if you make 11 mistakes or more you are out. I was too lazy to read the whole driving rules book so i just bought a question and answer bank for 10 bucks , read them once a day and passed the test 45/50. Even today , i don't know most driving rules.

Failed first exam with 7 mistakes (5 mistakes max out of 25 total answers). Was pretty depressed desu, so fucking stupid to pay another fee to get a license, only because you suck at noticing the smallest fucking details on the picture they show you at the exam. Some shit can even be photoshopped into the picture, like a light on a car, and it doesn't look like there's any light at all sometimes.

Anyway, took another test and passed with 4 mistakes. Passed final driving test on first try, ez.

Total cost ~2100$/1800€. License lasts until 2063, so I'm pretty happy with that.

fug
I hope you live in some big city where you can commute everywhere user

>tfw 24 (twenty fucking four) years old and can't drive
>Costs a thousand dollars to take the (essentially obligatory) lessons
>Have no car to drive anyways
>Whenever I go to The States people give me shit because "hurr I learned to drive when I was fourteen"

At least I live in a dense city with a subway, light rail transit, and an excellent bus system, so cars are optional.

>it costed money
>it costed four figures of money

theory: 0 mistakes and passed the driving test on the first try.

Yeah it's pretty expensive. First time I heard about the price back in the day, I was like: "Wow really.. Why's it so expensive?".

I feel you.

>Even today , i don't know most driving rules.
and how do you drive around?
good luck and intention?

Welcome to yurop

This is absolutely true. On my first try, I nailed it but the examiner failed me because he felt I hadn't waited long enough at a stop sign. On my second try, with a different examiner, I passed the exam but I shouldn't have. I turned the wheel violently at a turn, but that examiner believed that my driving was overall good enough to leave that as an honest mistake. In cities, the driving test depends mostly on luck.

Let me guess, a truck license too?

I'm pretty much in the exact same situation. 24 and can't drive, no car, will likely have to take lessons. I should've fucking done it when I was 16 and had tons of free time and parents would've paid for my driving lessons for me. but no, I was too busy shitposting and masturbating to anime. then when I lived in downtown Toronto I didn't feel the need to get my license cuz of public transportation. kicking myself now for not getting it earlier. going in to get mt G1 again next week (since it expired), then gonna tyr for my G2 after

no. I'd like to have a motorcycle license, too

>Total cost ~2100$/1800€.
Lmao this is a joke right?

i don't remember how many questions is there exactly in written test but you can get total of 74 points, an you have to get at least 69
questions are worth 1,2 or 3 points depends how hard or important they are

how can you consider things like university education and healthcare human rights which should be subsidized by the state but then charge you thousands of euros for a card which allows you to do something 98% of adults do?

98% adults don't do that here. Kek

The state doesn't charge you a fortune, (((driving schools))) do.

Are you underage or what?

are you required to do them? A Finn poster above said that he just did it with his dad.

nah im talking about the specific meme rules like when exactly you should turn on your lights or the alcohol drinking rules

because europe isn't one country so you know
yes you have to pass at least 30 hours of driving with instructor to qualify for the exam
30h of driving with instructor is worth around 1500 PLN here

>europe isn't one country
lol

excellent baitpost my friend

I didn't imply it is

We are required to do them, that's right. Most driving schools convince you to pay a few extra lessons because "you're not ready to take the exam yet user, trust (((us)))". I've heard that it's the case in most of Europe.

I never drive anyway, I live in Madrid, where public transport is among the best in the world. I only took my test because I was a NEET at the time.

I failed it 12 times

I really don't get why driving courses aren't mandatory for teenagers. Would've loved to be forced to get a license as a teen because I, like you, spent my adolescence shit posting and vidya game playing.

I unironically don't know them. I forgot about the alcohol percentage rule and i also forgot about those distances when you should start braking or turning your lights. It's all about instinct

>"License and registration please"
>*drives away in panic*

Why? I have a license

>It's all about instinct

Seemed pretty retarded desu. Gotta remember the rules.

Why should i remember that i have to stay x feet from the car in front of me in y speed. When i can i do that with my instinct. The only important rules are priority rules.

>Unironically compares driver licenses to healthcare

Is manual such a big problem for the rest of the country? Most people from my town know how to drive manual cars and even in the nearby city they're still very common. Is this a Caliphornia/ East coast thing?

The Chosen People aren't chosen to be drivers

>doesn't understand what a comparison is

Kinda the same here, only its 45 questions with 7 mistakes allowed

It takes on average 40 hours of practice and a cost of £1000, most people pass on their second attempt.

PFFFT, in Sweden it's 70 questions with 7 mistakes allowed

>Come to Eastyuropistan
>Take exam
>take trip back home
>save money

>tfw got my permit before they introduced mandatory lessons and saved myself a few hundred euro
fun fact: test pass rates have continued to fall since it was introduced

Here you can apply for a learner permit at 17 but you need to be driving at least 6 months to get a test. The whole thing has become a bit of racket:
>Book Theory Test: €45
>Apply for Learner Permit after passing Theory Test: €35
>Mandatory Driving Lessons: ~€420
>Driving Test: €85
>Apply for License after passing Driving Test: €55
That's ignoring the other associated costs like car insurance of course.

No not really yet many fucked up mindless morons cannot pass them and have to buy DL

No, but the cost of getting a drivers license is completely ridiculous. Expect to pay around 2200€.

Is this even possible though?

I've checked and the law says you can only get your license in a country where you've spend 180 days at a minimum, while working full time, and iirc you need to prove this with paychecks from that country.

Here the license costs like 800 euros which is almost 2 minimum wages.
It takes several weeks to get to the exams and the license is mailed at you MONTHS after passing the final test.

I'd be super interested to learn about that Czech Republic loophole. Is this specific to Poland or do others go there too?

It's not really hard,depends on your luck as far as traffic goes.My examiner was always bantering me throughout the whole exam asking me what my fav team was and then in the end saying he would fail me because I was a fan of a rival team(joke)

Mine cost me 1500€, for 25hours. I managed to drive about 15 hours with my uncle, so it kinda helped.

Driving schools here are a fucking mafia.

I failed mine twice and gave up. Fuck driving. Shit's boring anyway.