What's a good argument against a balck man being Roland Gilead?

The Author likes it.

Normies like it.

It's a fantasy non-historical setting.

How do you argue against a black main character without being a butthurt cringe faggot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDBq-OU1rHo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fine. Roland's whiteness was not central to his character.

The author is a liberal cuck
The book hinges heavily on racial themes
Roland is a descendant of King Arthur, and belongs to the ruling class of a medieval society

What if King Arthur and the medieval nobility were black in this universe?

King Arthur's descendant fucked a black chick. Done. Problem explained.

Susannah's arc literally revolves around her being a black woman surrounded by FUCKING WHITE MALES

its a confirmed flop

nobody cares

I've never read the book but is he ever depicted as being white or is that something everyone assumed?

Because the original character is white. I don't understand why it is so confusing to people.

This. How is she supposed to call Roland a honk mahfah?

Yeah, but, midworld is a place of collapsed universes, they were in fucking oz of all places. Each restart is the death of a universe, so if theres sequel, its gonna be a different roland, cronenberg roland, pickle roland.

Well now Eddie's arc will be being a white boi surrounded by niggers from Blacked

>How do you argue against a black main character without being a butthurt cringe faggot
You can't really, you'll just get called Sup Forums. Also everyone loves Idris Elba for some reason so you're double fucked.

Reddit roland

Several characters remark that Roland looks like Clint Eastwood.

Its not a problem exactly...but when you have an author that screams in his books about the size and magical power of nigger dicks it feels forced

eastwood is a nigger

Idris Elba is the whitest nigger ever though. Don't see the problem.

WE WUZ GUNSLINGAZ N SHEET

>is he ever depicted as being white
>he's depicted as white on all the book covers

Karl Urban

Ever since the Wire I have the upmost respect for Idris Elba so it's whatever honestly. Hes the least offensive black man to play this role. And hes a great actor with a lot of range.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDBq-OU1rHo

and in the source material text

No one is going to see it

>What if King Arthur and the medieval nobility were black in this universe?
Then there wouldn't be a medieval nobility.

Too young. Roland is in his 50s. Even Elba looks too young

Is it gonna have shardik?

You can just age the actor by greying his hair.

fpbp
This guy fucking gets it

ralph finnes if you want the arthurian accent

viggo mortensen if you wan a goat film

The aesthetic is not nearly as striking. Roland is the classic gunslinger archetype. If he were younger it'd be Clint Eastwood in the role. Elba doesn't bring that vibe, he's lost the classic western gunslinger design and become a generic sci-fantasy young adult leather clad hero.

Also theres that black guy that hates his guts because hes white if i remember right.

>King Arthur's descendant raised his wife's black son

FTFY

You think this nig read the book? Like at least a chapter of the fucking book. Tfw he will speak in fucking Stinger Bell ebonics n shiet.

I think they should remake How Stella Got Her Groove Back, but make it an all white cast.

I grew up with The Dark Tower and I always pictured Roland as literally Clint Eastwood, not even a lookalike

If they want to shit on their fanbase by blackwashing him then that's their prerogative, whatever makes them the most money, but don't call me a racist for saying it's complete bullshit what they did

Did changing the character's race improve it?

>Eddie's arc will be being a white boi surrounded by niggers from Blacked

I hope oi is voiced by flavor flav and wears gold chains and says yeah boi

Lets not forget my boy oy, just whiped from existance.

Theres no eddie susanah or oy

They are not in the first book

First book was boring anyway

>a balck man
Typical inbred. Can't even spell a 5 letter word.

but based True Detective man is Randall Flagg

Or they make Eddie black and Susannah white. Detta is a Trump supporting white supremacist and Odetta wants to get BLACKED.

dude he's fucking british, he doesnt even talk that way in real life

its ok as long as they scrap detta's character entirely. it only pissed me off at first because i thought for sure they would include her as a nigger hating white woman when it was the other way around in the books.

i dont really care because it looks like theyre going the capeshit route so i wont see it anyway

roland never leaves midworld in book one - what's your point?

King often described Roland's 'blue bomber's eyes'. His whole image and the interactions between him and Detta hinge heavily on him being white. The book itself had a 'racism is bad, mkaay? message' and showed people of different races working together and even having what in the book's context was a blood bond. It even had interracial romance. This whole thing is unnecessary and a disgrace.