twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Metroid
>Donkey Kong Country
>Metroid 2
>Super Mario
>Legend of Zelda
>Super Smash Bros

OH FUCK

This is exactly the sort of shit that I want to see.

>Splatoon
>The Wonderful 101

>within the next 2-3 years
wow that's like, NX end of life material

so, this is what dread feels like

I feel like it would be impossible to get some of them right. You can't do Mario, and not be willing to commit to the fantasy world. You can't do Zelda in a way that uses the plot of any of the games, but you can't ignore the canon that the games created, and nothing you make will have as many hours of plot as any of the games had.

>Cinematic Universe
I wish this concept would just fucking die.

Animated Mario movie by Phil Lord and Chris Miller or bust

So how many movies do they need to set up the first Smash Bros billion dollar crossover event?

And do they go with the Original Smash Bros lineup or do they update it for the modern audience? If they release the Smash Bros movie in 2024 they can sync up the movie with the 25 year Smash Bros anniversary.

I'm a lot more for this if these movies are all animated, even if it's the overdone CGI animation of today like Disney and Dreamworks has been doing. Hell, get Charles Martinet to actually be Mario. Whenever he actually gets to give Mario a personality, it's a blast, but it never actually happens in any of the games.

this, it needs to be CGI
a live action Mario can't happen again

It is 3D animated
gonintendo.com/stories/257697-more-talk-of-nintendo-working-on-feature-films

The Pikmin shorts a while back were pretty cute

If a Mario movie does happen expect it's plot to be as simple as NSMB and with little drama as possible.

>I just feel that the Mario games are something that should be a much more bright and active experience. With the Mario games, you don’t need to have such a complicated setting where you have these particular characters with complicated backstories that can weigh down the bright and fun feel of the game.
>Mr. Koizumi is the type of person who, whenever we’re working on a new Mario game, he always wants to bring more story elements into it, as he did with Super Mario Galaxy. But in talking with him this time, he agrees and feels that with Galaxy 2, there won’t be a need for as deep of a story.
>“Well, I put a stop to that at the beginning, this time,” Miyamoto said, and for emphasis punched the air with his fist.
>They always want to have these dramatic scenes where Princess Peach gets kidnapped, but I always tell them, no, it’s fine — Princess Peach likes cake, so you can just have them use cake as bait to kidnap Princess Peach, and that’s enough. [...] I was thinking they could have these big ships come in, and they’ve got these big chains all over them, and they drop a plate down with cake on it.
nintendolife.com/news/2009/06/miyamoto_borking_super_mario_galaxy_2s_story

Prepare to see a mute Bowser and Peach doing literally nothing

>Bowser talks in the Mario movies
>He's voiced by Danny Trejo

>Implying this won't boost NX sales

>Nintendo is continuing to move away from quality games

They are video game equivalent of Marvel

Most games these days are turning into movies anyway, hell Nintendo are one of the few ones actually still making GAMES

Go the fuck back to Sup Forums, retard

Honestly fuck Marvel and DC, A Nintendo cinematic universe needs to happen

I can imagine Pikmin, Mario and Splatoon being CG Animated films while Metroid and Legend of Zelda can be live action.

Dude, imagine Ron Perlman as fucking Ganondorf.

how about PAPER MARIO THE MOVIE!
Miyamoto would shut it down, fuck this gook cunt.

I don't feel like an hour and a half is enough time to give Mario both a good origin story and an interesting adventure.

Nintenfag here, hes right

star fox zero proved this, and the fans eat it like lavage

>Dude, imagine Ron Perlman as fucking Ganondorf.

>not Kenny James

I honestly feel Miyamoto needs to retire, right now.

He's done plenty for the industry in the past, but now he's just fucking over good Nintendo series for his archaic and old ways. Paper Mario is now pretty much dead because of him and the new Star Fox, which I honestly liked, sucked in comparison to the previous games.

I feel if Miyamoto would leave, Nintendo can make GOAT games again.

Also fire the entire Treehouse staff please thank you

Base them in the universe, but don't try to copy any of the plots already established. They need to be their own standalone stories.

Video game plots do not transition well into movies. If you make a movie plot fit for a movie, there's no problem.

But the fans gave that game polarizing mixed reviews.

Splatoon the movie, entirely in Squidtalk with subtitles

Platformers, shovelware, dungeon crawlers, and rehashes
Amazing

Except for Kirby games. The god awful anime demonstrated that the Dark Matter trilogy with faithful characterizations should be made, not looney tunes pokemon bullshit.

All Nintendo games these days can just be called "above average".
Nothing really groundbreaking except for Smash and Zelda.

The origin would be the adventure, though. Just don't do any of that faggoty ass "I'm actually from Brooklyn in the real world" shit that the Western media liked to do during the 80s and 90s, because it just needlessly complicates things. If they stay away from that shit and just keep Mario as being from the Mushroom Kingdom with no references to some parallel "real world", it works a lot better.

>Yoshi movie
>Kirby movie
>a new Animal Crossing movie
>maybe a new non-Ash Pokémon movie

Prepare for comfiness

user, are you implying Nintendo is going to make Live Action shows?

>Shovelware
>Rehashes
Go back to your cancer board

Nigga when was the last time they made a quality game?
Luigi's mansion?

>god awful anime
Surely you jestin

Call them what you will, but they're still games. :^)

>Luigi's mansion

>Also fire the entire Treehouse staff please thank you

Literally the only web stuff I watch from Nintendo is the Nintendo Direct, what the fuck is Treehouse?

Dunno what you mean senpai :^)

Wonderful 101? DK Tropical Freeze? Kirby Robobot? Pocket Jockey?

Fire Emblem Fates was sweet tho, and it came out this year

Not that user, but fuck you, it was a fun piss-take of Resident Evil.

Treehouse translates games in a very interesting way.

why would they want one after R&C showed that video game movies cannot sell

It's Nintendo's American localization team, they've been getting a lot of bullshit for the past year for going into 4Kids territory of censoring shit that doesn't need to be censored

.....I imagined this shot as a kid....now it's coming true...YES

The people in charge of localization and marketing

Can't wait for the english versions of them having the characters talking about shit clearly not happening on screen, while all women have been replaced by black bars.

Unlike R&C, Nintendo has IPs that kids and families will actually give a shit about

Remember Pokemania? Pokemon the First Movie? I sure do.

Looks like a great phone game.
DK Tropical Freeze and W101 were pretty good. Made like three years ago, but pretty good.

How long until the NCU starts making the same 3 movies over and over again?

R&C was a bust for reasons unrelated to being based on a video game.

>Remember Pokemania? Pokemon the First Movie? I sure do.
That was almost 20 years ago, can they do it now?

They've been doing that since '93

How much you want to bet that they'll just be shitty Japan-only animated movies that nobody will watch like the Animal Crossing movie?

People look at this news and expect big Hollywood blockbusters but I doubt Nintendo would do anything for the Western audience.

>The Mario Bros
>The New Super Mario Bros
>The New Super Mario Bros 2
And it's the same shit over and over again

Because is a playable game, but is also the safest shit i ever see, likepaper mario sticker star.

They just remade the fox 64 levels and moved some gimmicks. which is pathetic since they already remade the game for the 3ds. Nintendo is now just: "Make it playable!Recycle as much as you can! Story is cancer!"

But the sales are high, there's people in forums even sayng: "We need to boy more! So they can make a sequel". Nintendo will live forever, eating of their own mediocrity and hd remakes, and never will get shit for this

>Implying Treehouse will have anything to do with this

That gif is horrific.

>Dude, imagine Ron Perlman as fucking Ganondorf.
I...didn't know I wanted this?

These games have always been for kids, so it's not like adults should be expecting anything deep or complex.

Netflix Eternal Darkness
oh who am I kidding

And it sells over and over again.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

if you don't think Disney is gonna take up the rights to this you're deluded

I'm sure Disney will do at least ok

It also suffered for being a mediocre piece of trash too.

They used to be for everyone.

Well Disney has been streaming some of Nintendo's events on XD.

They streamed the Nintendo World Championships and some Mario Kart tournament last year

>kirby with the clay render of the wiiU game
>yarn yoshi movie
maximum comfy

Speaking of Ratchet and Clank it got a tie-in game for the movie.
Will that apply for Nintendo as well?
If they want to use all their IPs at their best potential for this new film business might as well make tie-ins.
Hopefully this won't be a monkey's paw and it's not all rehashes and mobile games

They still are, E for everyone. 3DS is super popular and the games are good time-wasters.

This justifie mass recycling? No one wants a complex story, we want a "new story"! Which is justified when we have new levels!

Lew levels for god sake! You can't even call it a new game if you don't have this

Hey dumbasses, why do you think the Japanese President of Nintendo announcing this news to a Japanese magazine means that these are going to be American movies? They probably won't even get official dubs.

Speaking of video game movies are you excited for Assassin's Creed?

youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y

>this post
>on a japanese message board

Post the real trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=jpO8BO6GWSM

There is an inherent flaw with video game movies and believe it or not it's not a flaw coming from the video game side.

In a video game, a story is told through gameplay. It is an active experience. Whether it's Mario saving the princess or it's Franklin, Trevor and Michael doing a heist, you aren't just watching it happen, you're making it happen. The events of the story are happening partially to you!

A movie is a passive experience. you're watching event happening to *other* people. You can connect with those people to be sure, but it's not the same as when events happen to you. Making a game into a movie removes the games greatest storytelling tool, the gameplay.

Super Mario Galaxy.

Splatoon

Wii Sports.

That's all I got.

That doesn't have Yeezus in it.

That's kind of a shaky argument when shit like The Witcher 3 and The Wolf Among Us are some of the most popular games ever.

Not a fan of Nintendo, but Xenoblade, Smash, DK, and Zelda have been consistently quality titles.

And they partially tell their stories through gameplay.

Post your faces when we can talk about metroid on Sup Forums

MAJORA'S MASK MOVIE

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Funny enough the guy responsible for it went to film school before working at Nintendo

It just says games, nothing about movies which are another issue entirely.

Go back to Sup Forums with this bullshit.

>tfw it's Other M

Advance Wars animated series when?

Certainly better than Sup Forums

>it's Federation Force

after the next game
aka never

That's the point, Sup Forums Metroid threads are always super comfy. I just straight up don't go to Sup Forums after my first visit there a couple of years ago, I don't want to know what it's like now.

Is that out yet, I was meaning to buy that

What I'm wondering is in sure once they realize they can capitalize on the movies, they'll churn out both films and games at the same time, so which will he based off of which? Will we get LoZ 7: The Search for More Money? Or will the 4th Smash Bros game get is essentially Shrek Team Action but with Kirby and Link?

August

>Super Mario movie
>Luigi isn't in it

super mario bros

I just want to see the Squid Kids get a movie.