/who/ - Doctor Who General

Couldn't see the thread anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/865522432957849601
youtube.com/watch?v=hWkiQs8SxiU
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---third-doctor-and-unit-offers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

McGann's Tardis fell apart.

Do people really expect Bill and/or Nardole to stay beyond Series 10?

How does everyone feel about series 10 so far ?

I like it a lot. It feels like a compromise between RTD Who and Moffat Who.

Bill? No
Nardole? No but I hope so.

It's not the platinum age we were promised.

It won't happen.

I hope the explanation for how the Veritas makes people kill themselves is interesting. If it was just some kind of sci-fi hypnosis magic spell thing, that'd be lame, but I can't imagine how it could just be the actual content of the text. Whatever it is, it'll probably be disappointing.

Probably as you read the final words, a Monk appears or some shit.

So: a flashback, showing an unknown planet whereby Missy is hiding out as an executioner? And the Doctor is the prisoner she wasn't expecting to have to execute?

Or the reverse: Missy is the prisoner about to be executed, the Doctor shows up to save her, and then pledges to protect her and keeps her safe in the Vault.

How bad was it? I thought it was a rather good special.

It's greatest christmas special they ever made.

>tfw Ian McShane could have been the War Doctor.

Just like his hopes and dreams, I guess McGann is nobody's favorite doctor and being a doctor is his only relevant work.

I'll get the new thread, guys.

Have you guys seen the Doctor Who/Torchwood cross over?

youtube.com/watch?v=hWkiQs8SxiU
Missy returns!

Ugh

THIS IS SKARO

SHE'S BEING JUDGED FOR BEFRIENDING THE DALEKS

DOMESTIC BLISS ON DARILLIUM

you mean the last torchwood season? Children of the earth or something?

It was cool, i really liked torchwood, i'm sad it was cancelled.

I'm enjoying it so far. Last week's episode was bloody brilliant, and am hyped af for the monks trilogy.

Not very impressive, but not terrible either.

In interviews, Pearl isn't sure if she'll be back, so I'm assuming she won't be. Chinballs would've told her by now if he wanted her to stay for series 11.

Nardole, dunno.

1. The narrative travels to more locations than an average episode, with characters visiting England, Switzerland, the United States, Vatican City, an unnamed alien planet, and at least one other notable place that embargoes prevent me from identifying.
2. Bill utters an interesting profanity.
3. “Sorry. I’m sorry. I sent it. I sent it, yes.”
4. “Nardole, are you secretly a badass?”
5. “Honestly, shut up and get to the whale.”
6. Bill and Nardole reenact a scene from “Midnight.”
7. “Is that the President?” “It was.” “I take it he read the Veritas?” “I did, too.”
8. “I’m doing what everyone does, when the world is in danger: I’m calling the Doctor.”
9. Most gratifying moment: “It means I’m a scary, handsome genius from space, and I’m telling you no, she is not *** ** **** ******!”
10. That is a lot of clicks. At least 2.47 billion . . . .
“Without hope, without witness, without reward.”

Donald Trump insult in this episode?

Third Doctor and UNIT Special Offers!

In anticipation of the release later this month of UNIT - The New Series: Assembled, bringing together the new and old teams for an epic adventure against Silurians and Sea Devils, we've a very special special offer weekend:

bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---third-doctor-and-unit-offers

>Couldn't see the thread anywhere
I get it, because you were blind? haha

Reminder that two children were murdered and had their skin used as suits in a CBBC show.

Probably the latter

There was actually another season on Starz, it's called Miracle Day. There was a lot of filler because they wanted to stretch it out into a full series instead of a miniseries but was still very enjoyable.

Is Who becoming acceptable to normies again, /who/? Heard people talking about it at work today

If so it's not being reflected in the viewing figures.

That's because nobody watches TV anymore. We pirate and stream shows these days.

STOP WITH THIS FUCKING BLIND THING IT'S NOT FUNNY, CLEVER OR ORIGINAL. STOP BE ORIGINAL AND POST SOMETHING INTERESTING, MORE COLOUR AND VIBRANCY IN THE NEXT /WHO/ THREAD PLEASE. THIS IS A DEAD MEME AND YOU SHOULD ALL FEEL DREADFUL BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF SENSIBILITY AND ELEGANCE IN THE MATTER.

Yeaahhh, the average British family doesn't pirate or stream the latest Doctor Who episode.

>(you)

>Sorry. I’m sorry. I sent it. I sent it, yes

10 in vault confirmed

Same old shit. Episode 3 has been done before. Same with Episode 4 and 5. Can't wait for Chibnall, who will bring in new writers and stop relying on old enemies.

>mfw i thought it was shit taste then I got to the word 'Chibnall' and realised it was just bait

They cybermen and daleks have to be in every series

No, the cybermen don't. It's just the daleks that have to be in every series.

cybermen have been in every Moffat series

whatever

It's not a contractual obligation, though.

Why are Missy and River absolute trash characters ?

They are Moffat's ideal woman type. Same with that girl in the last Sherlock.

>Missy is in most of the series this year

Honestly, the only reason I'm continuing to watch is the curiosity I have about the classic cybermen returning

>Cybermen
implying they weren't ruined by Missy

Missy is a good character. You call her trash because she annoys you by behaving in a way you cannot accept

I'm holding out hope that these cybermen are completely autonomous and actually have a significant presence in the story. You know, like when DW used to have actual villains.

Doubt so.
Probably just a cameo, they are brought by a black hole.

I like Missy because evil bitches who have fun are entertaining. River, however, is a know-it-all smug bitch and that makes her terrible.

>reminder that Kate Winslet was offered the River Song role but turned it down

>Missy is a good character.
what a meme

They're both trash but River > Missy

Chibnall's written shit before
You won't be satisfied 'sperger

This is a fact.

So, can we all agree that Chibnall doubters should leave the thread after christmas spacial is broadcast? We wont need people hating the show 24/7 after that point.

Chibnall era is gonna be GOAT.
>"like RTD era, but with original ideas"

What did he mean by this?

His hair is crazy long now.

Where did you get this episode 8 leak?

In his newsletter, @Jamti explained that the man behind the murderous suits was fired and became the voice of GUS.

Have to say lads I actually hate Clara now. Rewatched series 8 and 9. She was a very cocky arrogant/smug character, who didn't appreciate the Doctor at all. It was all about her her her. And she was the direct cause of his torture for billions of years. She didn't even deserve a second chance. She deserved to die painfully and lets face it lads

MISSY WAS FUCKING RIGHT. Missy is the real MVP, she tried to save the Doctor from all of clara's shit, all he had to do was shoot her when he thought she was a Dalek.

>She was a very cocky arrogant/smug character, who didn't appreciate the Doctor at all.

That was the point. Missy had brought those two together because she knew Clara was a control freak. I agree she is shit though.Overstayed her welcome.

My niggas

I fail to see your point...

>32th time
>same joke
Ha ha, so funny cause you know, ha ha. So funny and new.

>can't wait to see Chibnall's VAMPIRE KINO

The average British family rarely sits together round the one TV in the house watching the same TV shows anymore.

Mum & Dad are sat downstairs binge watching multiple episodes of a favourite show. Offspring no.1 is watching some anime shit in his/her room. Offspring no.2 is playing the latest computer game in his/her room.

I don't know anybody under age 40 that regularly watches live TV. Unless it's a big sports event.

ayyyy

Can't believe the madman is gonna destroy Gallifrey again.

>And she was the direct cause of his torture for billions of years.
We've unlocked a new dimension of irrationally hating Clara now, gents. Was it the Time Lords who put him in there? Was it the Doctor for forcing himself not to give in? No it was Clara's fault for...being dead

He also said that 'gus' stands for "ganymede user systems" I think

Does anyone wish they'd never show the cybermen or daleks ever again?
Or at least not outside of anniversary episodes

I blame the gubbermint. It's always their fault.

>Bills sexuality won't be forced
>Every episode she reminds us she is gay

>Actually defending Clarashit.

Dubs confirm the Empress of Mars will be series 10's best episode.

To be fair, I'll never tire of seeing Davros in the show, and he's only used sparingly anyway.

And admit I can't stop myself looking forward to seeing the 60's version Cybermen again.

Was it actually referenced at all in Smile, Thin Ice, Knock Knock or Oxygen?

HEY MISSY YOU SO FINE YOU SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND

Trying to enforce the cult mentality about it does not do you any favours

You don't smell half as bad as you think you do.

Clara did become shit though. She should have left at the end of series 8. Coleman is annoying as an actress and has extremely limited almost deadpan range. And no that is not ''bait'' that is a fact she was like the female version of Danny Pink.

Apart from in The Pilot, in which her 'crush' was female, I haven't felt felt Bill's sexuality to be forced. Just a one line reference in Knock Knock, apart from that nothing else so far.

Really gets the neurons firing.

She has a new date in Extremis

Why the fuck did they cast Samuel Anderson in the role? There was literally zero on screen chemistry between him and Jenna Coleman.

Watch Victoria, even if you never watch anything with Jenna Coleman in it again, just to compare. The scenes with Rufus Sewell are dynamite, and she's great with Tom Hughes too.

Rufus Sewell would be great Doctor imo, but he's probably too near to Capaldi's age to be cast.

Yeah, have seen the clip.

I just was linked to Cats tumbr I dated her in highschool. Before she discovered she was gay. Decent enough girl.

define this "dating" you speak of

Does anyone else really fucking love that moment Missy says "I think he's trying to steal your motor"?

Tbh that bit where she starts yelling in an american accent is the only moment ever where Missy got too wacky for me.

I don't know why I like it so much. I guess mostly because of how ludicrously disrespectful to the Daleks it is? Gomez is quite good at accents- liked the "best helpline in the universe" bit too, though it's a pity we didn't get to see that scene properly.

I'm so tired of Moffat's garbage he's managed to make the prospect of Chibnall Who seem appealing.

YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF IN A BAD NEIGHBORHOOD