twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who here actually waited the 25 years?

Who killed Leland Palmer?

afterparty is happening
welcometotwinpeaks.com/event/twin-peaks-world-premiere/

me

The same guy that killed Laura.

I've waited about 25 weeks

right now? I only see the replay of the red carpet.

I didn't get his death, he just bumped his head. Same with Ben

inb4 someone whiteknights the bloated Q2 fanedit with all the shit David Lynch himself chose to take out of his movie before the final cut and did not put back in even when given the chance decades later

No it's not just one poster who is tired of nerds telling newbs to watch the Special Boy fanfic version of Fire Walk with Me instead of the actual fucking movie

scroll down below and check out the instagram feed updating

>madchen shows up with her daughter for the premiere
>some whitebois still in denial
lol

could you be anymore autistic?
> David Lynch himself chose to take out of his movie before the final cut
He only chose to take them out because he had to. He admits he wished he could of released the full thing in the Between Two Worlds bonus features. And I ain't even trying to argue it's better. It's not because a fanedit is a tricky thing. But it is closer to Lynch's original vision, and people who keep denying this are full of shit.

Just seen the Premiere.

>
also to add
>and did not put back in even when given the chance decades later
Do you not realize it was most likely cheaper to do an edit like The Missing Pieces rather than going back to the original film and having the edit scenes back in? Even The Missing Pieces feels unfinished because there are scenes without music that clearly should have had it, like the Harry Truman scene with Andy and Hawk.

How was it?

>Hurr Durr Art
>Hurr Durr Symbolism
>Hurr Durr Metaphors

Thanks for recommending me this garbage Sup Forums now I have to watch Season 3. Fuck.

I look it as FWWM is perfect as it is for a Lynchian movie about the final days of Laura Palmer.
Then the Q2 edit is great as a look closer to the shooting script/thematically closer to the TV series, and a great watch. Though you could just watch The Missing Pieces after watching the movie too.

Definitely watch FWWM as Lynch released it no matter what else you do, but there's nothing wrong with watching the fanedit

Me, old fag here. Saw FWWM three times in the theater. Even have a signed WIP by frank silva

LYNChed

>Do you not realize it was most likely cheaper to do an edit like The Missing Pieces rather than going back to the original film and having the edit scenes back in? Even The Missing Pieces feels unfinished because there are scenes without music that clearly should have had it

LOLLLLLL Lynch remastered and reedited those scenes personally dude.

I get it: fans love to take ownership of their property and pretend like they are a part of it. 'I'm helping!' But you're not. Lynch might've wanted to put it all in when he first wrote the script, but both he and his co-writer have said in intvs *many times* that he decided none of it was relevant to the main story of Laura Palmer. So he took it all out.

muh double r, muh townsfolk!! nobody gives a fuck. Lynch doesn't. He didn't not put it all back in because he didn't have money. They did a red carpet premiere for those fucking deleted scenes! Given that commitment do you think Showtime/CBS would not have backed a longer cut hitting theaters like when they reedited Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate which is even longer than FWWM+Missing Pieces?

You like the scenes- I like the scenes- Lynch likes the scenes. That's why he reedited them together. But he kept them out of the movie because they are not what he wants in FWWM.

Stop living in the spergnerd mindset that all deleted material must be reedited back in to be "complete". That is not how Lynch works. He deliberately denied you. if you like the q2 cut that's cool. But stop telling people to watch an inferior version of his film first before his own cut.

Are Naomi Watts and Laura Dern going to have a lesbian sex scene? Better yet is there going to be an orgy?

this picture is why i get out of bed in the morning. God Bless David Lynch o7

i hope so

>Who here actually waited the 25 years?

err, we didn't have a choice, what are you talking about?

t. average trump voter

He means did anyone actually watch the show in 1991 and has been waiting for more for that time. If you were born in 1991 for instance you haven't been waiting all this time for new TP.

Generals are shit all you faggots need to fuck back off to reddit. What's sad is you'll shit up Sup Forums with generals and the second someone makes a Logan or Rick and Morty thread you guys will scream REDDDIT not knowing you guys are literally fucking reddit. Kys get the fuck off my Sup Forums

Just let us have our hype until Sunday at least.

Proofs?

>my Sup Forums
4chan isn't yours

There better be log lady intros this time too

If it sucks I'll probably have to an hero. I always kept season 3 in the back of my head as a reason to keep going...

>tfw France gets to see new Twin Peaks premiere 3 hours before the U.S. audience

Log Lady's dead, though they apparently did get scenes with her.

>LOLLLLLL Lynch remastered and reedited those scenes personally dude.
Nice job putting words in my mouth. I never said otherwise. I said it felt unfinished. A good portion of the way through, it loses that flow his deleted scene film usually have. Have you not seen Blue Velvet deleted scenes or Inland Empire deleted scenes (More Things That Happened)? The Missing Pieces feels like those at first, but then it starts to feel like he was rushed.

>He deliberately denied you.
David Lynch fought for YEARS to be able to release the deleted scenes. He didn't "deliberately deny" anything.

>But stop telling people to watch an inferior version of his film first before his own cut.
I've never done this, but I'm going to start doing this just to piss your off because you are incredibly autistic about this. Every thread, you rage about this, even when no one even brings it up. FWWM is my favorite David Lynch movie in its original form, but I'm just gonna start recommending the extended cut? Why? Because I hope you have a stroke with all your autistic rage.

no like 8 years

But what if I've already seen them movie countless times? Why should I not watch the Q2 edit at least once?

Don't post in generals you faggot

Bump

watch this

Can someone explain the scene in this pic? Does Bob answer to Mike? Why are Mike and his arm together if they were apparently severed from one another?

>Nice job putting words in my mouth. I never said otherwise. I said it felt unfinished. A good portion of the way through, it

That's nice but it's not up to you. Lynch likes awkward silence and pauses in his work. Fans are not going to improve on it just because they're bright boys on da Innernet

>David Lynch fought for YEARS to be able to release the deleted scenes. He didn't "deliberately deny" anything.

He did when he didn't put 'em back into the movie for you even when given a choice

>I've never done this, but I'm going to start doing this just to piss your off because you are incredibly autistic about this. Every thread, you rage about this, even when no one even brings it up.

lol I def wasn't the one talking about it in here earlier but ok it must all be one person who finds this arrogant blindness sad. Ask yourself who's coming off autistic when you complain about David Lynch's choice of editing and sound design and claim the fanboy version is the TRUE vision

very nice, you hold a dead mans signature

Bob apparently stole some of Mike's garmonbozia so with Leland he's repaying what he stole from him.

>Why are Mike and his arm together if they were apparently severed from one another?
Well Mike's waiting for Bob to get him his garmonbozia and his arm is in the Black Lodge too so it's not like he can avoid him.

> but both he and his co-writer have said in intvs *many times* that he decided none of it was relevant to the main story of Laura Palmer.
I find it funny how you care what Bob Engels says since you've stated in the past he's a notorious liar, especially when I brought up how he said they were going to release the extended cut on Laserdisc, but the studio denied them. You must be the same crazy who has called Harry Goaz a notorious liar without supplying any evidence. My god, you are a loser.

If you've seen Lynch's own cut first then go for it senpai

(but personally I would watch Missing Pieces solo first bc that's how he intended them)

Literally no idea what you're talking about with Goaz but going by Bob Engels' memory is not always the best since his stories have shifted over the years. Def not calling him a liar just that he freely admits he doesn't remember all the particulars.

Once again you're going by any source you can other than Lynch's own choices to justify muh fanboy improvements

Back in 90, our record store made a window display to promote Peaks.

Can someone please explain what the fuck the Bowie scene was about in FWWM? Why does he disappear? How? What was he even trying to say?

>Ask yourself who's coming off autistic when you complain about David Lynch's choice of editing and sound design and claim the fanboy version is the TRUE vision

>I'm autistic for critical of film related things
Gee, most of the world must be autistic than by your logic

also
>claim the fanboy version is the TRUE vision
I never said this you fucking idiot. I said it was ORIGINAL vision. There's a difference. You keep putting your own meaning in my words.

The original vision was his final cut

Your version is just a fanboy edit

Cool to like it but stop calling it the True Lynch and telling people to watch it first

Would you like a tissue

We don't know. He was on an assignment in Argentina and just disappeared in the hotel, then reappeared 2 years later in the FBI office. He was saying that he found something at Judy's (we have no idea who Judy is) and that he had been to the Black Lodge. Then he disappears again, apparently back to the hotel, but nobody knows where he is after he disappears, so I don't know if he's just stuck in the same time or he is just somewhere where nobody can find him.

Judy?

WHO DO YOU THINK THIS IS THERE
for real tho, i'm predicting the jeffries incident plays a big part in the new season, w/ or w/o bowie

basically he's an FBI agent who got unstuck in time as a result of entering the lodge

>but going by Bob Engels' memory is not always the best since his stories have shifted over the years. Def not calling him a liar just that he freely admits he doesn't remember all the particulars.
You acknowledge these things, yet you'll source him for your own argument, yet when I source something he's said, you go "oh, well he has a bad memory"

Dana Ashbrook (that's Bobby, you fucking casual) still looks great. He's in the top few male characters for me.

Knowing Lynch there will be tons of prolonged, gratuitous, nearly exploitative nudity

That whole scene was a dream Coop had that he was describing to Cole.

Only the first 4 episodes are listed as having nudity on Showtime's site.

>The original vision was his final cut
You do not understand what "original" vision means. You're talking about his final vision. Original vision is how he originally saw it. If he originally saw it as the final cut, then all these deleted scenes wouldn't exist. Now you're just arguing against fact. I never claimed it was his final or true vision.

Yeah, which he admits himself lol. He mixes up his own stories about what would've been in S3, what was in the original 200+ pg script they cut down, what might've been in other TP movies. Then he says oh we never planned to do any of that. It was a long time ago and he admits a lot of it is lost to time

Fact: Lynch had final cut
Fact: Lynch has spoken repeatedly about choosing to remove material he liked in order to focus on Laura Palmer
Fact: Given the chance 20 years later he painstakingly reedited and remixed the deleted scenes but did not put them back in for the same reason

If you like being a completionist fine. Don't pretend you can outvote David Lynch.

K I N O
I
N
O

>basically he's an FBI agent who got unstuck in time as a result of entering the lodge

Yeah, that's what threw me off, I dunno' if they ever explained that can happen, I do like that he tries to out Cooper as a fake even though the switcheroo hasn't happened in their timeline yet, pretty spooky.

Wait so Cooper knew supernatural shit and about the Black Lodge before going to TP yet conveniently forgets it in the series?

its lit

What did he mean by this?

>implying someone who is named Price is credible at all

The deleted scenes kind of break the flow of the movie. There are a bunch of non-sequiturs with characters from the tv show.

JUST

Pretty sure this is what people said about BvS.

the fuck does this mean

He knew about blue rose cases. That's it.

What makes you think that?

When you post telling newbs the fan edit is 'Lynch's original vision' you know exactly what you're saying, don't be cute and try to squirm out of it

FWWM is the movie Lynch wanted to release and still loves
Q2 is a fanedit throwing everything and the kitchen sink back in

I didn't even have an issue with q2 until people like you kept turning up telling clueless newbs to watch it instead of Lynch's own movie. You can watch both but if people want Lynch's *actual* vision they need to watch the *actual* movie first

Well he knows that supernatural stuff exists, and that Cole sends people on cases that are supernatural (blue rose cases) but I don't remember if he knows specifically about the black lodge or not.
He's saying "difficult" so I guess at least he thinks it's pleb-proof.

there is nothing just about him you meme-loving fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1bbjXCfyY

p good

youtube.com/watch?v=mgwtjVJmHtI

I love that FWWM gave Laura a 'happy' ending, she got her guardian angel at last while Cooper comforts her.

Difficult sounds good. Lynch doesn't give out free rides.

You're just saying that because you think it makes him your "recessed hairline buddy".

That's cool user. I saved the picture hope you don't mind. ;)

This ending was GOAT man. Made me choke up a little the first time I watched the movie.

>When you post telling newbs the fan edit is 'Lynch's original vision'
When they actually change the definition of the word "Original" because you are using it incorrectly. If it was his original, none of these scenes would have been in the original script. Q2 is an edit based on his Original vision. These are facts you can't change by playing dumb. Nowhere did I say it was his final or true vision.

>yfw it's a shot for shot remake of season 1 just with everyone 25 years older

He hasn't worked since 2010 and he is bald now that's pretty just

How much did the people at the premiere see? First two episodes or just one?

I was actually thinking of something similar. Where the beginning of the first episode is the scene with Cooper in the bathroom shot for shot but with everyone older and then it goes from there.

He was bald during twin peaks, he was wearing a wig.

>tfw harry won't be there

Don't know if I'll be able to handle weekly viewings after getting FOUR episodes on the premiere date

I would love a new season of Twin Peaks, but I would honestly prefer to cum deep inside Laura Palmer.

So did Cooper still manage to protect this smile or not?

I prefer blondes but...I'd buy Maddy a bottle of Cherry Cola any time.

>tfw you're the only one that didn't.

t. Roger Ebert

>Ebert said Blue Velvet was a comedy

>the most interesting stuff has happened during those missing 25 years
>characters are going to be referencing it constantly but never fully explaining it leaving viewers guessing

She never even finished that cherry coke that shit's been dogging me every time I see that episode for years (did she even drink it at all??)

t. James Hurley