Why popcorn?

Why popcorn?

chimichangas would be better

it was invented by a jew
i'm not even joking

Probably the cheapest food stuff they could possibly repackage and sell at an insane markup

It's free unlike netflix

Crab legs are too expensive.

This. Just like soda it has a huge margin.

small

it takes a long time to eat and its cheap

I want a bowl of fish crackers.

what wasn't...

Why are they so jewish with the prices of their snacks? It's bad enough they use attack dogs now to sniff out people trying to sneak in their own food.

>why popcorn
>why corn
>ask myself these questions
>watch Interstellar
>think about it
>get back to this thread
>respond in greentext

It's actually a pretty interesting story, Filmmaker IQ has a video about it.

generosity

You know what else is interesting

how many people have filtered you,
including me

It's just kernels of corn which is abundant as hell and cheap as hell. It's not something you have to manufacture like potato chips etc.

Nice!

WTF

>eating popcorn when popped corn is available in a collectable egg

Because concessions are the theater's primary source of income. A HUGE chunk of ticket sale revenue goes directly to the studios, so theaters have to make up that loss elsewhere.

I know the whole crab legs thing is a meme, but they really are the best theater food. The local cinemark is right next to pic related and they do all you can eat crabbers on wednesdays. Here's the thing tho, once they thaw the crabs they can't refreeze them so if its not particularly busy that night they end up throwing out a good amount of perfectly fine legs. Also, most of the idiots around here have no idea how to properly clean a crab so they end up throwing away half the meat too.

So what we do is hit up the dumpster around 4 am and see what kind of goodies we get. Then we usually come back to the theater and set up shop on the side. We resteam with a coleman portable stove and then use an old popcorn tub to sneak them in through the side door that we prop open. And no, we don't leave the scraps on the floor.

Most theaters show films at a loss. The snack bar is where the action is. Along with air conditioning and tv, the snack bar was one of the big reasons why Hollywood recovered from the 1950s slump.