Is there anything out there with a similar story to GTA 4?

Is there anything out there with a similar story to GTA 4?

Traumatized immigrant searching for a better life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJT3xZ9C5Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=eSdj2sdDZwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PM_C4VXSh0s
youtube.com/watch?v=s98UgBSNoL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah

you might like taxi driver but it does not have much to do with "Traumatized immigrant searching for a better life"

The Godfather 2

ey nigo u wanna go bolling

Odessa

Scarface

Once upon a time in America

He said traumatized not traumatizing

Coming to America

>I'M SOARRY
>I'M SOARRY
>OK? I'M AN IDJIOT

> tfw no GTA 4 film starring Vicent Cassel

You might like boardwalk empire

youtube.com/watch?v=DJT3xZ9C5Ew

This

>WHY ARE PEOPLE DYING
>slaughters a bunch of policemen

GTA4 has the worst story in any video game.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSdj2sdDZwQ

I got just the thing for you senpai

2nd only to GTAV

Nico remind me of nicos the mc of a serbian movie.

Milos*

This is true for San Andreas as well, unfortunately. The protagonists after Tommy has been terrible and made little sense in context of literally murdering several dozen of citizens and cops.

I like SA though.

God V is so bad

>contrarians
Nope. It's literally one of the best games ever made.

my life, I guess...

technically. yeah its good
story / plot. no she is bad

The world is great, but only 1/3 of the story was

>Traumatized immigrant searching for a better life

He wasn't traumatized or searching for a better life.

Are you 16?

>Boring tropes of a characters
>Shit motivation
>Twists you can see coming miles away

Gay tony was the best gta

This is now a favorite GTAIV music thread
this one is mine:
youtube.com/watch?v=PM_C4VXSh0s

kino
>kino
kino
>kino

Ha!
No.

Fucking reddit kiddies and their jetpack memes. "HA IT'S SO EPIC I CAN FLY A TANK OUT OF AN AEROPLANE XD"

Why would you even think that the twists are an integral part of the plot? Knowing that Michael isn't telling the whole truth is a big part of what generates the tension. Anticipating the twist is essential to the narrative, it's not meant to shock or surprise.

Evil Woman by ELO
youtube.com/watch?v=s98UgBSNoL4
>that piano

Only if you actually make him slaughter a bunch of policemen.The body count's still high regardless, but if you play Niko as peaceful outside of "jobs" it makes more sense. Video games require your active participation in the story as director of the protagonist to create meaning and sustain themes. If you don't invest in the narrative and go around blowing up trucks for shits and giggles, that's not the game's fault.

There was a definite tone shift after San Andreas where the writers actually started taking themselves and the story seriously. You would be surprised how many people hold up GTA V as some super deep social commentary/satire on American life.

Fun fact: That actor was originally approached to voice act Niko, but Michael Hollic got it instead because the original guy didn't know what the script would develop into and passed on it.

What if you spent hours pushing jews down the subway steps in the diamond district station?

Watch Eastern Promises, pause halfway through to watch the heist scene from Heat, then resume