youtube.com/watch?v=W0vgw-PeSFc
youtube.com/watch?v=rLxnfllkGYI
youtube.com/watch?v=-Nus8PGZzVw
youtube.com/watch?v=tx3VpW8x5-w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_duFresne
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you want this show to be entertaining but it's the opposite

>you want to be patrician, but you're pleb

the security guard wanted marlo's name not to be his name but he reminded him that his name is in fact his name

dats sum spiderman shit

how does a young man like himself rise so quickly through the ranks??

>I want some of dat peppah stake

what did Cool Lester Smooth mean by this?

This quote stuck with me too, actually thought a lot about it.
I guess Marlo taught the security guard a tough lesson about life. Even if you think you are in the right and have good intentions, things in life aren't always the way you want them because you might cross paths with a greater force that doesn't have the least amount of concern about neither your life, nor any kind of conventional morality and there's nothing you can do. This greater force cannot be stopped or negotiated with and if you stand in it's way, it tears you apart like a tornado without remorse or regret. From the security guard's perspective Marlo is such a force, someone who operates on a completely different level of existence, therefore disregards the everyday rules and morals of society and only acts according his own rules.

Fooking this. Marlo was a next level character. I don't know if villain is a fitting term. A force is much better

roofless, like the coupe, but he comes with more features

that sherlock holmes nigga had the best ending of them all.

>making a ho a housewife

nigga that ending is more tragic than marlo becoming a nobody

name a comfier show

youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U

Are you saying that his name is his name?

ain't no ho no mo.

I ain't disrespecting you, son.

The man wanted it to be one way, but it was in fact not the way he wanted it to be.

slike a nigga can't... yo FUCK marlo, and anybody think its ok to do people this way!

bodie and marlo in a room alone, no weapons, just will. who wins?

Marlo

Should I watch season 4? I just finished season 3

Of all the scenes in The Wire this one really stuck with me, and whenever I see something in this world I just cannot believe is happening I think of it. It works so well to describe almost anything. And the futility of it all.

I've been thinking about it a lot recently. A lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=409Pjtq7jzY

There's a lot of stuff I found completely cartoonish about Marlo (dual wielding handguns with perfect accuracy) and more than a few times he came off as just some malevolent force of power and greed rather than a human being but the little lines he did have that showed off his ethos were always so captivating.

I still remember when he shot that hooker in the mouth goddamn.

I assume every black person is like Marlo, but with the intelligence of a rock.

Around blacks, never relax senpai

You guys are making Marlo out to be some higher level thinker but he's just another drug dealing fuccboi from the projects. Avon was a tougher and cooler character than Marlo by a long shot. And I'd even say stringer was smarter than Marlo albeit a bitch nigga that ultimately for himself killed by a couple hard, junk yard bow tie wearing negroes.

Marlo meant that the security guard was a low level citizen and even tho he may thought he had some sense of authority in the community , Marlo and his gang/wealth run the show. The guard is used to younger men bowing down but marlo is too dangerous.

It's not deep it's just some straight up, mad niggerish banter.

no

bodie

marlo is a twink, his intimidation comes from the fact that 100 other people will kill you if you fuck with him. never threw hands in his life

youtube.com/watch?v=jCaBYEEFTKE

What did he mean by this?

Don't make me play it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WGXhmz1bEfg

Dr. Dre is on the board of Apple Inc.

Most entertaining season of the show desu

Did you not watch the fucking show?

>Avon and Stringer were smarter than Marlo

youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

well he grew up in a group home so chances are he did.

>his intimidation comes from the fact that 100 other people will kill you if you fuck with him.

And how exactly do you think Marlo got 100 killers working for him?

best scene in the show youtube.com/watch?v=iaA0nmn8_fk

by being willing to break all the rules and common decency codes that the other drug kingpins had so he was seen as more ruthless and intimidating

he would never fight you mano y mano he would just have some other punk kill and kill your whole family

Again did you not watch the show?

He literally leaves the party in his suit and gets in a fight.

seriously just about every black character on the wire seems to be about a hundred times more intelligent than their real life counterparts

>he would never fight you mano y mano

I'm not sure you watched the show.

And everyone remember. Marlo outsmarted Prop Joe, who was the smartest nigga in the game. And people are saying Avon was smarter gtfoh.

Is Frank the most sympathetic character ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=-NmUsG9eQKg

Great scene user.

who /propjoe/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=OyewqmAKHto

He was a stupid corrupt Union President and people like him are the reasons why Unions are dying out in America.

Seriously Union President is literally one of the most corrupt jobs you can have, regardless of what union you are running. And no, MUH FAMILY MUH BOYS WE USED TAH MAKE SHIT IN THIS CUNTRY is not an excuse for his absolute failings and criminal activities. His fate was sad, but only because he should have been in prison after testifying, not killed.

Also every American actor on this show either came from Harvard or Yale, why are those colleges so elite?

Tell me about his name, why does he wear the name?

He meant "They don't think it be like it is, but it do".

that dude was a real nigga

>tfw you're about to get wacked

youtube.com/watch?v=ga8MJsFtsmM

In the "my name is my name" scene where he's pissed off at everyone, it becomes clear he is prepared to step up to anyone to protect his reputation. Part of the reason he's so angry in that scene is because he knows people are going to call him out for being thrown in jail while Omar continues to trash his rep after the failed attempt at killing him. Also have to remember that he was the one who initiated the war with Avon by making the first move.

Avon is lowkey a top 5 character.

before the tech sector took off schools like harvard and yale were the only place you could go to become a 1%'er. They were extremely hard to get into, you had to know somebody, not like it is now where you just have to be born some oppressed minority

What show?

you don't think it be like it is, but it do

Good post, thanks.

the acting in this show is so damn good

Official real robert hours character power rankings
For another pulled pork sandwich and some more tater salad I could go a few more tier
>slim charles
>prop joe
>stringer
>jay landsman
>wee bey
>rawls
GOT DAT WMD GOT DAT WMD tier
>marlo
>bodie
>herc
>cutty
>fruit
>marlo
>clay davis
>burrell
>bunk
>frank sobatka
>the greek
shit bird baby jail tier
>omar
>lester
>kima
>cheese
>kima
>bubbles
>daniels
>D'angelo

This scene is amazing.

The Cable

youtube.com/watch?v=W0vgw-PeSFc

Cold as fuck

What is it with black people and aquariums?

Ever see the chess scene?

White people love them too

>season 3 of the wire aired in fucking 2004 (which means it was probably written in 2003)
>plotline features police using cell phone inteceptors provided for CT uses in a routine drug investigation
>takes the media LITERALLY a decade to start reporting on this

I know Simon and Burns had some damn good connections in the BPD to get these kinds of details, but damn if that isn't an insane time difference.

Pit sandwich.

What was Chris's endgame?

youtube.com/watch?v=rLxnfllkGYI

Black people are on another level with it though. I knew a couple black dudes that spent more money on their aquarium setups than they did on anything else.

>tfw eating a chicken and horseradish sauce sandwich with some mac and cheese right now because of this thread

The last episode begs to differ - Marlo handily deals with 2 guys at the same time, one with a gun and one with a knife, even after antagonizing them into initiating the fight (so no sucker punch). The whole point of the scene is to show that Marlo is an OP brawler and legitimately extremely tough despite his calm demeanor. This further contextualizes why he was so angry that Omar was slinging his name in the streets and no one told him.

upvoted

Avon very clearly demonstrated how much better he was than Marlo during the prison exchanges.

Avon was imprisoned with no known release date and even when removed from any real authority carried enough respect that he was able to negotiate deals while incarcerated that Marlo couldn't despite being a free man with limitless resources at his disposal.

Avon is just waiting for his term to be up however long it may be and he'll get out and be back in top bet it 2 years or 20.

Marlo could never hope to reach that level and was doomed from the start by his own methods to fade into obscurity.

he didnt rise through the ranks at all

he created his own ranks. his own pharmacutical company, real niggaz Lt. Inc.

on a more serious note. marlo as a character was supposed to represent a remarkable yet somehow anonymous part of american ghetto history in the 90s

at a certain point in the drug war, politicians and law enforcement came to the incorrect conclusion that in order to halt the drug trade they would need to arrest the men behind the scenes as opposed to just arresting junkies

in the show, this is represented by avon barksdale, who, as the captain put it, is some ghetto nigger hes never heard of, and one of the very first scenes in the show is him informing mcnulty of how much of an idiot he is for informing the judge about him

when avon barksdale gets arrested, it creates a vacuum, a hole in the ghetto nigger economy. marlo sees an opportunity to fill this hole and absorb avon barksdale clients

these young niggers are brought up on inflated stories of glory and riches and have always wanted to take barksdales place, and now they have the perfect opportunity to do so since avon is forced to stay off the radar to avoid the cops

marlo is what happens when you upset the established order in the nigger ghetto economy. wild, ambitious and reckless individuals who all have to fight for their right to exist in the nigger ghetto economy, or NGE for short. the most ruthless ones rise to the top

this is not just some fucking hypothetical unrealistic scenario in a kike tv show. this actually happened in the 90s, but you shitkids are too young to remember that. the wire shares this paradox with generation kill. both shows are so accurate in depiction reality that the viewer sees it as unrealistic, because of how unrealistic american tv shows usually are

I shoplifted because I was inspired by Marlo.

no sergei? did he have teeth? or hands? then it wasnt us.

this. Reminds me of that upper middle class urban white lady who got held up by some ghetto nigga and she kind of smirked and dared him to shoot her so he blew her fucking brains out on the spot.

no, black people fucking love them

>you want there to be justice and the world to make sense, but it doesn't

bravo simon

marlo's character is actually based on an actual drug kingpin. oddly enough the basis of his character was active a decade earlier in the '80s.

Did Slim Charles win "the game"?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Nus8PGZzVw

Is that in the show or something that happened? Clip?

>Compassion for human hurt, a humble sense of our impermanence, an absolute valuation of justice—all our so-called virtues only trouble us and serve to bolster, not assuage, horror. In addition, these qualities are our least vital, the least in line with life. More often than not, they stand in the way of one’s rise in the welter of this world, which found its pace long ago and has not deviated from it since.

>hehe goy! play by the unfair rules and go fuck yourselves while we rob the country blind and just get your cucked representatives to tax you to death to pay us for any money we lost!

Anyone?

it didn't happen in the show I know that for sure, I've seen The Wire 5 times and that never happened

no, it was in real life. some rich hipster bitch in jew york didnt understand people like that operate on a totally different mental level and that daring him to do something is basically like forcing a normie to suck your dick

Ah. Thanks, men.

why do plebs hate season 2

youtube.com/watch?v=tx3VpW8x5-w

i think it's because if you're marathoning the show it's such a jarring break from season 1

you expect it to pick up with the characters you've grown to give a shit about, and all of a sudden it's "white trash on the docks" out of the blue

is there a news article on this somewhere?

FUCKING ZIGGY

White people fucking love aquariums. Who the fuck are yall trying to fool?

which way would you guys prefer it? one way? or the other?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_duFresne

They're either plebs who thought it was only gonna be a show about cops vs. gangsters or they're white-hating liberals who wanted it to be a show with mostly black cast every season

Season 2 is every bit as good as seasons 3 and 4 and better than 1 or 5

kima did literally nothing wrong

Why did McNulty blow his life up?

reading that made me somehow hate niggers just a bit more

because they dont understand local politics or union corruption, they only understand niggers selling drugs and people killing eachother

>You got what you wanted. What are you going to do now, shoot us?

kinda sounds like her fault after challenging the guy holding a gun in front of his degenerate friends

She wanted to be a big shot and mouth off. Sure there was alcohol in her system and she was speaking out of hurt and concern but, fuck, pick your battles.

She was frustrated and she reacted poorly but that doesn't give the nigger who had already robbed her any more leeway in shooting her in the skull

>the prison exchanges

That scene is so great to rewatch after you learn that all Marlo cares about is respect, Avon made him look like an idiot and he probably got really mad

>let me help you find your tongue