Do networks just make shows they know they will cancel?

Do networks just make shows they know they will cancel?

The pilot lineup for this fall looks awful.

Fox has a reputation for doing this. I'm not sure of their purpose.

Also, Orville will last for 8+ seasons, quote this post in the future

I think it looks hilarious and has a lot of potential.

Didn't they learn from Voyager? You need prime eye candy to get viewers to turn in.

>James Cameron can't manage to finish Avatar 2
>Star Trek films barely make profit
>Guardians Of The Galaxy will only get one more movie
Seth is the only one who can save Space kino

bikini elf girl alien will be added mid season

They'd need someone Ensign Ro level to get people to tune in.

Most television shows don't make a profit. Hits pay for misses, just like with movies

Is that black bitch Siskos LI from DS9? Jesus McFarlane is a hack.

Seth Macfarlane is terrible as a comic actor he needs to just stick to voice acting.

The jokes were obvious and they do that irritating thing you see in lots of improv heavy films where they make a joke then keep expanding on/explaining it.

Make a joke, move on.

>it's another early Trek series

This is what turned me off Enterprise. I want to see something from the TNG/DS9/Voyager era, not backwards shit from 100 years earlier.

Archiving this thread because I can already tell that this show is going to be amazing and I want to throw all of your stupid hatred back in your stupid faces once it succeeds.

Have a (you)

I have hope.

As heavily Mcfarlain'd as this show obviously is, it feels more like Trek than anything actually Trek in the last decade or more.

Take it back, i'm not memeing or baiting, I genuinely think it looks like a fun comedy show I can easily get into.

I think it'll use all its jokes in the first episodes and by season 2 50% of the episodes will be "scifi parallel to event/fad going on in the real world at the time of writing"

That's fine. That would be extremely funny and satisfying. Also, that's not what's going to happen and you're wrong.

At least it's not Star Trek Discovery.

Star Trek: Discovery is on track to be the most popular and long-lasting Star Trek show ever. Not sure why it's attracting such hatred here on Sup Forums.

You almost had me twice in this post.

You know how i know you're gay?

>10 minutes later

You know how i know YOU'RE gay???