How would you have done it?

How would you have done it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5n6cc0_ci_tv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Devil always wins.

Jack ain't Jesus.

I would have requested more episodes from CN.

kms for being a retarded anime watching manchild

we get to see jack's penis

Given it 15 episodes

No.

The previous thee episodes were boring tbqh pham.

Jack dies

Take out Ashi. Have good pacing.

Only real answers.

All of the biggest problems with this season boils down to Genndy having to consense entire seasons' worth of character development, plot twists, and emotional connections between characters and audience, into the space of just a few minutes. "Okay here's Ashi she's a bad guy. Okay now Jack showed her some stuff so she's good now. Okay now they're in love. Okay now Ashi realizes she has Aku's powers so she casts Time Warp".

When the writers of NCIS wanted to write DiNozzo out of the show (jesus fuck I can't believe I'm referencing NCIS as a positive example) they built up his departure over an entire season of character development. A season that was 24 episodes long (compare to SJ5's 10 episodes) that were 45 minutes apiece (compare to SJ's 22 minutes). And that was just to write one single character out of the show, not just to wrap up every single thing that had happened in the entire series. And it worked. Audiences loved the NCIS Season 13 finale, even if they were sad to see a beloved character go.

I thought the first 3 episodes of this season were great because the pacing was perfect. The Scaramouche fight, establishing the Daughters of Aku, the frantic battle in the crypt, Jack recovering from his stab wound, everything was given plenty of time. After that though things started going downhill. I'm not sure who's to blame.

I wouldn't have wasted my time bringing back a lame 20 year old show for children.

Have the Aku blood connect to Aku directly so anytime it is hurt Aku is hurt.

Jack absorbs the goo and commits suicide killing Aku and freeing Ashi.

Ashi becomes Empress of the modern era.

>theres 2 or more different timelines now because of time travel fuckery

>one of those timelines is Scotsman with his daughters and army of friends desperatley trying to fight back AKu with no Jack or Ashi

I stopped around episode 6 because the quality was on a steady decline

let me guess, the first 3 episodes are the only good ones?

fuck off to

Jack defeats Aku in the future becomes king and marries Ashi.

With no way back he stays.

6 years later

Jack and Ashi sit under that same tree Aku left but now a forest surrounds it. They are dozing but jack opens his eyes and sees a lady bug fly past as the camera follows focus as it flies to a new sunrise.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Colbert, the shapeshifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish President, wielding two ice cream scoops, stepped forth to oppose me...

This. The second half is rushed because it had to be crammed into 5 episodes. It needed a complete deal, like 16 or so.

>Alternate versions of aku's future visiting old jack' statue in the distant future
>so ashi with her 6 sisters and the scotsman, etc.
>old jack creeping in the background
>turns to the woods to face the guardian and either embrace him or draw his sword to return to the future
>enter paradox paradox
there. Didnt even have to change the pacing. Just a 5 minute segment after credits.

Either keep the season dark and remove all the cheesy episodes(keeping the bummer ending), or keep the season how it was and remove the last 2 minutes.
The ending really felt like genndy last second decided "you know while this is nice, it's too happy, it needs a sad thing to happen".
There is no build up, no referencing the possibility of disappearance, no addressing all the other future people.

The very last scene takes place entirely in Jack's mind.

Flip back to present, army is still fighting Aku. Ashi prepares to intervene, but Jack stops her at the last minute. Big fight across spacetime, Jack lands the final blow on Aku.

Hours later, the fighting subsides. Ashi's powers are gone and Jack's mortality restored. Jack is made king and marries Ashi, they settle down under the lone tree from E5 and the view pans out revealing Jack's village, restored and modernized

>last scene is in Jack's mind

never write

Wait..... How could jack get back if ashi never existed?

that's why the ending is shit, if you're going to use the cliche fucking "power of love" trope and already have a shit ton of plotholes, then stick with the happy ending.

Someone spoil me on the ending.

literally a shot for shot remake of gurren laggans ending

Extend the season by at least five episodes allowing for the daughters, ghost samurai, Aku priestess, and Jack's inner journey to fucking breath.
Don't turn Ashi into prissy good girl, have her brood like someone who lost her family and realized their entire life is a lie would.
Remove Ashi + Jack romance (at least until the end)
Make the final episode a lengthened special.
Have Aku confront Jack with the fact that destroying Aku in the past will erase all the good he has done and the innocent people who love him in the future, including Ashi. Giving him a hard choice to make (I don't care which one he chooses just fucking acknowledge the consequences of each choice for god's sake).

and get rid of Ashi's fucking monkey face

yes

>Tfw you kill all the people you inspired and saved for the past 50+ years by going back in time and killing the cause of everything
>Even if going back caused a second timeline to appear, everyone in that universe is now dead without Jack and Ashi to kill future Aku
>Tfw you lose the girl who brought you out of total despair the moment you're about to marry her
>Tfw Jack has nothing, not even a happy ending for everything he did
>Tfw an "it was just a dream" ending would have been less of a slap in the face.

That was fucking awful. Way to rip off fucking Gurren Laggan too. What a fucking hack.

>only watch the first two episodes
>it was fantastic
>get sidelined and decide to wait to watch it all in one go when its finished
>apparently outside of the first couple episodes it sucked big time
What happened?
It seemed like the second coming of christ at first. Worth finishing now or not?

How can they be dead if they never existed?

>Dude it was all a moment in time lol like your whole adventure was like for nothing because its gone in an instant lol like everything and everyone you saved is like wiped away lol and oh yeah your girlfriend like lasts until the minute youre about to be married and dies lol well thanks for everything I guess Jack haha

make ashi sacrifice herself by making a portal
more time with jack seeing his parents

I don't know how I feel about it. I tried to force myself to feel emotions and almost succeeded.

I was so fucking excited at that final battle. It was all the nostalgia pandering I could have asked for. Jack and Ashi was great, I bought it. Everything was going so fucking well, all that was meant to finish fucking finished.

And then Ashi fucking died.

It's poignant, sure, and it tries as hard as it can to make that a devastating payoff. It just...doesn't hit me like I hoped. Final shot is great, I was so glad about the season overall, but now I'm a little depressed about it.

The ending, with him riding into the woods, that felt like it should have been a segue into the Black Rider at the beginning somehow.

This would have been good also.

I'm in the same boat maybe people are mad over some shipping or something?

I didn't have a problem with Ashi dying, but I hate how it was so sudden. When he kills Aku I thought she was gonna vanish right then and there, but she sticks around long enough for all of Jack's mentors to arrive in Japan with no warning signs and then "oh oops, I cant exist with you".

If there was some buildup to it, that wouldve been much better

It ends with him coming home with Ashi. Returning, meeting the family, and it ends on Jack's face as Ashi walks down the altar, music crescendos, then cut to black. That would have been the most satisfying.

This

>mfw Jack was about to marry a girl named Foot when she vanished

>muh deep cartoons
Fucking manchildren.

Jack defeats Aku in the future and finds a way to get back, realizing that it would mean the end of Ashi and the entire world he has helped save he decides to stay and strive to building a better future. He visits his old village and makes peace with the ghosts of his parents and ancestors.

Jack and Ashi rebuild a small village open to all who want to learn the way of the warrior.

No Ashi, bitch jammed the gears up. If she was really needed, then get more episodes

>jack has to kill ashi, none of that "tru luv konkers all

>more episodes

Yeah no, 10 episodes is more than enough to tell this story

how is there no torrent after two fucking hours

>he has nothing

he has the thing he spent 50 years trying to get, for one. also, his entire family is alive again.

You realize thats always what was gonna happen? BACK TO THE PAST SAMURAI JACK, right in the theme song

dailymotion.com/video/x5n6cc0_ci_tv

Here u go cuckboi

sounds like you want your cartoons to be dumb and have shitty storylines that you don't have to think about, its ok to be a manchild just admit it

generic baddie of the week until he kills Aku at the end. The Ashi stuff could have been pushed down to a couple episodes

what a shit way to fucking end this show

giving gendy only 10 eps to finish the show was a fucking mistake. FUCK

>Jack doesnt go back in time because those monks were going to die, even though killing Aku would kill them anyway
>Does it anyway in the last episode

Should have ended there, what a colossal waste of time.

Wanted a legitimate final battle Jack vs Aku. Mano y mano.

If there were a second timeline existing parallel to that one, Ashi would not have vanished. They all vanished to nothingness just as Ashi had.

>nobody here noticed ashi went back in time with the aku outfit

nah it was our fault for thinking gendy could write a show for adults

they dont fucking cease to exist for gods sake

they just never experience living under aku and have no memory of jack.

and ashi will never exist still because aku is her dad.

>people are mad samurai jack stayed true to itself and didnt become some melodramatic anime

Time only goes one way, no matter how much try. He should have never been able to go back.

You do realize that any shift in time, even if it was just two parents banging a fraction of a second later an concieving, would result in a completely different outcome right? Aku not being around changes literally everything. Everyone of those characters likely wouldnt be born, since circumstances are 100% different. Jack paved the way for a totally different future by sacrificing the one tainted by Aku. Characters like the Scotsman wont exist at all in the Akuless future.

are you really fucking getting this deep into it. please.

>Jack stayed true to itself
>By ripping off literally the most melodramatic anime ending of all time and becoming incredibly melodramatic as a result

You're a moron

Do Big O season 3 instead
Who am I kidding

this
The ending should have had Jack realize that going back to the past would destroy everything he fought to protect in the future.

Well he is right, he could end his journy in that episode.

Thanks to fucking Genndy, i'm also spoiled Gurren Lagan's ending too.

Fuck Genndy, piece of shit hack.

>the portal was made by ashi and jack was sent back in the past by ashi
ashi really ruined the series

Bravo Genndy

literally every thread its BAWWW WE NEED 20 MORE EPISODES OF EXPLANATION IM NOT SATISFIED I CANT BELIEVE THIS

>"Dude can I copy your homework?"
>"Yeah just change it up a little so it doesnt look obvious you copied"
>"Sure thing"

why did they bring it to adult swim if it stayed a kids show? barring a few moments it wouldn't look weird at all there.

>when the fanfiction comic has a better and more thoughtful ending than the canon cartoon.
He shouldn't have ever gone to the past because we can't go to the past either to fix our lives. It also destroys the impact of the whole series, in just one minute the series creator destroyed years of work, none of it matters because the canon ending is "nothing happened , the end".

Everyone goes Lucas tier one way or another, no way to help it.

False. The outrage is directed at how fucking logically dumb the ending was. Jack going back is no better than "it was all a dream" and on top of it he copy and pasted TTGLs ending shamelessly. Jack was cucked out of a happy ending.

this
What the fuck were they thinking? Weebs wouldn't have recognized a scene from the an iconic series made by an iconic studio?

...and jack wouldn't have killed aku, meaning aku would still be alive and made all that happen. But that means jack WOULD kill aku, but that's impossible, because if he killed aku, aku wouldn't be alive to make jack's life crap. But that'd mean aku WOULD still be alive... etc...

would've made more sense to have the timeline be past > aku future > past > aku-less future. so that it did happen, but it wont happen again.

say it with me now

BACK TO THE PAST

SAMURAI JACK

It's been 11 years since it aired, your fault for keeping it on you backlog for too long

What a fucking hack job. Holy shit.

>broadcast jack's execution
>jacko's buds suddenly appear a minute later when aku's fortress is in the middle of nowhere and only the scotsman's managed to find it
>having to include them when all of them watching in horror as aku killing jack/cheering as jack beats aku would have been better
>power of love
>jack's parents very receptive that their son is marrying the spawn of aku

Jack should have killed aku in the future, Jack says his farewells to his friends and ashi and beat aku in the past. Keep the ending shot but with king jack looking over his kingdom

Say what you want atleast ourboy is already in home

Having him go back in time ruined it. He should have stayed in the future.

this

this is another batman is in gotham situation

did they take a taxi to get there?

The real ending.

Going back in time would have been fine if he did it after defeating Aku in the future first, then the past.

Not rushed the ending

Also
>Jack gets back to his timeline but is still immortal. Waits centuries as a guardian of peace and hope
The Guardian is seen chilling at his time portal far into the future. King jack approaches
>"I've been waiting many years for this rematch"
>Guardian: rematch? I don't know you fool

>Time portal talks to Guardian and shows him the alternate timeline
>Guardian: I see...aight, lets do this
>Both draw swords and charge at each other
>WACHAAAAAA

Jack would make it back to the past and undo the future that is Aku like he said he would do throughout the series.

For starters I wouldn't have even had Ashi. Also, the first 3 episodes were great in my book.

I think this is dumb considering the entire point of the series is that he wanted to go back. It should have gone that way but the fight was lame.

Jack going back to the past is retarded for the fact that he was given the exact same circumstance with the monks, only to realize leaving them would kill them in some way. The future hes fighting to protect would be gone, more people would be hurt, however you want to think Jack was internalizing it, it was shown that he wouldn't sacrifice the future to save the past. Fast forward to now, Ashi gives him no fucking choice, and on top of it how the FUCK would she know where to go back to anyway? She was literally a dues ex machina with tits, and in 10 seconds managed to fly in the face of everything Jack stood for. Why would he continue to fight and protect his future friends if going back would erase them and everything he ever did? Why not jist hck Aku to pieces right there with Ashis help? It was so disappointing because the time portal shit was wholly unnecessary, him killing Aku right there would have had the same result and he'd have kept in tact what he was standing up for during that monk episode. It was shit through and through, and the Gurren Lagann ripoff was shit icing on a turd cake.

Ashi was a mistake

everybody is very aware how stupid and obnoxious weebs are

>gurren lagaan invented time travel

He should have faced a moral dilemma of sparing and saving Ashi or killing Aku and Ashi by extension.

Jack fucks mama dog and raises his wife's daughters and lives a humble life while pumping his simmering samurai jack juices into her vagina every other night

*sparing Aku

Gurren Lagann has nothing to do with time travel though. Like at all. Which makes Jack ripping it off even more retarded. Why wouldnt she vanish the instant Aku was killed? Because they wanted to emulate the TTGL ending for forces emotion off of retards like you

>that TTGL ending
Fucking hell.

>DON'T ST-

>Jack and Aku get married
>cut to when they are older, sitting in the garden
>she is holding a baby
>baby turns to the camera
>GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS

Nigger can't you imagine how self aware the series would be if it ended in the future? Imagine a cartoon that you have waited for so long to tell you that's it's okay to leave the past behind, that it's better to look forward than backwards. People are so fucking obsessed with the past nowadays, be it the manchildren being milked for their nostalgia or folks obsessed with shit that happened over 60 years ago and the values of old. Everyone wants to go back to the past but you can't and Jack should have told us that.

That's a real mature ending, no anime bullshit.