Absolutely disgusting

>When he was arrested, Martin gave Greek police officers full access to his material. "I'm not proud, I apologize to the families I disappointed," he says today (file photo).

>He was alone in one of the taverns of the harbor gazing at the Aegean when an unknown man approached him as "Mehmet". "Hey Martin," he told him, pretending to have met earlier in Turkey. "He knew I was a photographer and asked me some pictures of tourist interest," Martin remembers. "I considered it flattering."

>Three days later they met again, this time in Smyrna, where Mehmet reiterated his proposal: "We want pictures with windmills, old preserved houses and other sights." He was accompanied by five men, who did not speak to Martin. They wore gray suits and blue shirts. "Next time bring your laptop" Mehmet urged him at the end of their conversation and agreed to return to a restaurant in Smyrna a week later. "At that meeting he revealed to me that he was not interested in the tourist track and that they wanted to photograph the movements of military vehicles. He threatened me that if I did not agree to cooperate, they had other methods to persuade me to do it. "

>Martin was arrested to photograph military installations on a frontier island and was sentenced to imprisonment for treasonous espionage at the expense of Greece. He was recruited by Turkish MIT agents at the beginning of the decade, who at that time had developed the so-called "retired network": A group of spies with seniors from northern Europe who had chosen to settle in the Aegean, away from the "toxic" Cold north.

>"They knew everything"

>A few weeks ago, his case was tried in second instance, and the court imposed an imprisonment with the option of bail (he was recognized as a mitigator of honest remorse). He was temporarily in prison and eventually released a few days later, thanks to his lawyer's assistance. He then gave an interview to the "K" on the condition that his / her identity and certain critical information might be compromised that could jeopardize him / her.

>"When they approached me to recruit me, they knew everything about me. The families with whom I have friendly relations, my colleagues as a photographer, but especially that I am gay and I have had a sexual bond with a young Turk, Bilal, "explains Martin and continues:" In our third meeting, Mehmet hit hard his hand on the table and threatened to tell me "we know you are a sick man Martin. You will obey what we say to you, otherwise we will do harm to Bilal's family or to you, "he explains in a shaky voice.

>At the age of 50, Martin lived in a town in the European North, but due to serious health problems he faced, his doctors recommended to move to a warmer climate. He first settled in Antalya and then in Smyrna where he had a quiet life. Nine years later, his insurance fund informed him that in order to maintain his pension he would have to return to a member state of the EU. "I visited Greece regularly and knew most of the Aegean islands. It was an easy decision to settle in one of them, "he says in his interview, the first of a former MIT spy in Greek media.

>With Bilal's family he developed friendly relations during the time he lived in Smyrna and maintained communication with them after he moved to Greece. "Every time I visit them in Turkey, the police are coming under the pretext that orgies are taking place in the house," he said before the court (the court minutes are available to the newspaper).

>MIT's agents installed a software on his laptop and explained that he needed to use it to communicate with them. If the Greek authorities found him, they would say they did not know him. "They told me that every day I will open the computer and find instructions. "You will read what we ask for and you will go to that or to the camp." They were not interested in the military infrastructure at the forefront. They already knew about it. They wanted detailed information about the second lines of defense. What means of transport exist in each facility, their type, how many of them were covered with hoods, how many did not, who was coming and who was coming out of each camp? "

>The information gathered was incorporated into a digital image file (jpg) using a special software (fotolabor). "They told me that you would take some photos unrelated and stick the text behind them. The program they installed on the computer was just that, "he explains and continues:" Once I sent one, I needed to delete them. "

>For a few years until his arrest he recorded almost daily military installations and anything else that the Turkish agents, such as the island's airport, the electricity plant, an irrigation reservoir, shafts, wells and so on. He had to send the answers during the night and had three days to complete each mission. "If something went away from my attention or as many times as I tried sending out wrong or incomplete information, it corrected me by telling me that" the photographer of the service saw something different. " It was obvious that I was not only working for them on the island. "

>In the first, trial period he worked unpaid. Later he began to collect 400 euros and then 700 euros per month for his services. In the last year, when he had learned the "job" well, his fee went up to 1,250 euros. The money was deposited in his account, although he never gave them the number, while an unknown woman appeared as a principal.

>He was arrested five years after his recruitment, when police officers saw him drive a small blue sports car - as they described it - on a rural road near a military establishment on the island. "We found the accused on a dirt road. The road was not central and the car had made us suspicious, "the police officer argued. In the past, army officers had seen him strolling around camps and noting this car's license plate. He immediately confessed and described his action in detail, giving police officers full access to the messages stored on his computer. Indicatively: "Here are five Unimog Mercedes". "The passage ends in front of a two-storey stone barrack. From a non-practiced eye, this camp can not be identified. " "Here are six armored military armored hoods." "There leads a narrow path to a military reservoir, after a stone's throw 50 meters with a peripheral view of painted olive oil." "On 15/4 with a ship 30 armored Leopard".

>The above is included in an expert report, which was included in the case file together with 13 camp photos found in the Martin's camera. "I'm not proud of what I've done. I apologize for the disappointed families. I am ashamed to look at many people in the eyes, "he said, completing his apology before the court. Today, he has begun a new life in a country in the European North. He maintains ties with Greece and hopes to live peacefully in his remaining years.

i don't get it

tl;dr - Retired European photographer is recruited as a spy by Turkish authorities, who used his sexual relations with a young Turk against him.

yea but it's greece, there is nothing to spy

Which part of it? It's so clearly written.

it is cold war tactics in the information age, literally a show

Just do us a favour and stay quiet.

Not just gay, especially filthy kind of gay. A 50 year old man with a young turkish "boy". Probably 18-20.
I think he made up the threats to reduce his jail time. We should have hanged him desu.

the turkey is in the nato, this is literally non issue

According to German press, the guy was German.

Is 18-20 not legal in Greece or something?

Autism

>the turkey is in the nato
That immigrant grammar.

Dunno, but it shouldn't been. Faggots like him should be hanged.

Really can't blame him for wanting a little boipucci though

Can't believe he was released so quickly. I suppose he is an old fart and he was doing it under duress but still, espionage is no small offense. Hiring an EU national was very clever on Turkey's behalf though, as it creates a diplomatic issue between a third country rather than themselves if the person is caught.

I hope you get stoned. Too bad Trump's userbase is full of faggots like Sup Forums so he won't dare to strike any of the faggot rights activists.

Yep, they routinely hire tourists. It's a known issue to the Greek Intelligence Service.
Some of the tourists are dumb, but many if not most of them know what they're doing.

Another one:

>A German retiree living in Greece, who admitted in court that he was part of a network of German and other Western European residents of Greece recruited as spies by Turkish intelligence, has been jailed for 14 years. The 65-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested two years ago in the southeastern Aegean island of Kos. He was born in Cold-War-era East Germany and worked as a locksmith before serving for 15 years in the East German National People’s Army. From 2009 to 2012, he lived in Turkey before moving permanently to Greece.

>On the morning of October 15, 2014, the German national was arrested by Greek police, who said they spotted him taking pictures of a Greek military outpost while sitting in his parked car. The police officers confiscated his camera and searched his vehicle, finding a pair of binoculars, various camera lenses and several memory sticks. His camera contained photographs of Greek military installations and government buildings on the island, which is located less than 3 miles off the Turkish coast. More photographs of Greek defense installations, military vehicles and communications facilities were found in the man’s house on the island. Police also found there documents in the Turkish language and notepads bearing coordinates of Greek military bases, public buildings and bridges located on Kos. The prosecution claimed that the German man was also monitoring the activities of Frontex, the European Border and Coast Guard Agency that maintains a base on the Greek island.

>During the trial, the accused said he was recruited by Turkey’s intelligence service, known as MİT, in 2011, when he was living in Turkey. He also told the court that he was one of many German and other Western European retirees living in Greece, who have been recruited by Turkish intelligence to spy on Greek military and civilian government facilities. He added that, in return for his services, his Turkish handlers deposited €2,000 every month to his bank account in Germany. He had also been instructed to meet his handlers in Germany, not in Greece or Turkey. A court in the Greek island of Rhodes convicted the German man to 14 years in prison, one year less than the 15-year sentence requested by the prosecution.

Who cares?

>but many if not most of them know what they're doing.
Unless you're completely senile, it's impossible not to think that a foreigner asking you to photograph military installations of another country is suspicious.

Braindead bigots like you should face the noose. Mind your own fucking business, human garbage.

CHI

What makes you think you are the moral police for adults?

>tl;dr - Retired European photographer is recruited as a spy by Turkish authorities, who used his sexual relations with a young Turk against him.

Remember Sup Forums: If you don't fuck questionably-legal twinks, foreign intelligence services won't have less blackmail material to manipulate you towards their ends

1000 hours in photoshop

t. gay pedophile. Kill yourself you fucking piece of trash.

Spotted the undercover spies

I remember a few years ago (maybe before Sup Forums?) some retards on Sup Forums were all butthurt about Greece arresting western tourists "accidentally" taking pictures of military facilities. I guess people are more aware of the situation now that Turkey has gone full on Erdoganistan.

Those were the Czech developers for Arma. They may not have intended to sell the information to Turkey but they knew full-well that what they were doing was illegal as military installations and areas are covered in "No Photography" signs in multiple languages.

saved

Shall I change it to "fucking hohol?"

If he didn't think it was "bad" they'd have no material to black male the old man.

I don't think this Greek fella cares much for the gays.

wtf

Apparently it's not even an uncommon thing.