I tip

>I tip

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9zyp8RF-Fyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he volunteers to subsidize failing businesses

I will never not laugh about American tipping culture, what a bunch of corporate cucks.

>Kill''
What did they mean by this?

Service in the United States is unlike anywhere else in the world where tipping is frowned upon. European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you, fill your cups, make sure everything's alright like in the states.

It's worth the tip in my opinion. Unless food's late, they haven't refilled your water etc.

And as for Buscemi's character, Mr. Pink?, what he said about mcdonalds... There's been a few times where I felt like tipping. Food's always good, on time, people are friendly. They definitely deserve it just as much as waiters/waitresses sometimes.

>McDonald's
>food's always good

>Americans need their waiters to babysit them

The restaurant owners who don't pay their workers

yeah mate.

Ah, go fuck yourself. I'll admit it's inherently inefficient system, but unless you're actually paying more at the end of the bill, you don't have a good reason to complain.

Buscemi was in the wrong.

Only jews or poor people don't tip at least 20%.

t. good goy

Maybe if we were talking about In N Out Burger.

I might be a socially retarded autistic, but I'm American and I think you're full of shit. Pretty much for no meal I've ever had was any hospitality of the service beyond bringing the food out and taking orders worth 20% of the meal, which is what I'm expected to pay. What basically happens is that for any restaurant, waiters are paid peanuts and their paycheck is almost entirely tip, so much so that businesses can legally pay them less than minimum wage if it's balanced out by tipping, (but only to a certain extent). Also, cooks take a portion of that tip too. It really just supplants lower wages that are lower because tipping exists, but then you have this whole absurd problem where you have to take into account that somebody might not pay tip, or that somebody might pay much more than tip.
So it's really just an inherently inefficient payment system. Automatic tipping should not exist and should be much lower with cooks and servers being paid much more.

t. schlomo

>be from civilised country with minimum wage
>go to america
>restaurants expect me to tip
>literally start laughing at the waiting staff

land of the free eh?

I love how threads about this scene always result in the most epic discussions.

>americans need to pay extra to receive basic service

top kek

By that logic, America is much better than Europe because if you are a cheap scumbag, you get to pay much less at a restaurant than you otherwise would, because tip is usually 20%.

>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you
Then how are they going to keep their customers?
Fuck off retard.

15% is the expectation.

also, you don't know about tipping pools.

>reddit spacing
(you)

Tipping is common practice all over the western world, most of Asia too, minimum wage or not.

no it isn't

t. american

Try travelling when you're a bit older.

I travel extensively for both business and pleasure, nowhere else in the world has a section for tips at the bottom of their receipts, accept that your country is cucked and get over it

Oh, really? Well, either it's higher in my area, or my friends make me pay more. I actually had a big fight with them recently because up until now, they've shamed me for not splitting the check equally, which I always thought was unfair because I'm unemployed, usually order less expensive food, and don't drink.

Anyway, what's there to know? There was change as recent as 2016, which applied to the ninth circuit, which doesn't actually include my state which stated businesses can't force servers to share their tipping pool with cooks. Again, what I don't I know, and even if it just applies to servers, how does that change my point?

tipping isn't even allowed in a lot of countries fuck off

>I travel extensively for both business and pleasure
>uses the word "cucked"
Yeah, not buying it.

>no argument

I accept your concession

Again, how is it cucked? Unless you're paying more for the actual bill than you otherwise would without tipping, it's not really a problem. Again, the American system is actually superior, at least for cheap scumbags because you can avoid tipping if you want to, meaning other people are subsidizing the wage of the servers and sometimes cooks.

Concession not granted.

Incorrect.

>Unless you're paying more for the actual bill than you otherwise would without tipping

This is exactly what's happening, how stupid are you? You're literally paying someones wages so their boss doesn't have to. It's good for scummy business owners and bad for consumers, your country is cucked and everybody laughs at you for it. Your new president is only going to make things worse for you too

>be british
>go to america
>out with gf but barely have enough money
>go into cafe
>eat cheap bread
>leave whatever money we have as a tip (around 60 cents)
>go to leave
>waiter chases after us
>"'SCUSE ME SIR YA CAN HAVE THIS BACK"

What did he mean by this?

>how stupid are you?
Not an argument :D
>You're literally paying someones wages so their boss doesn't have to
Again, how fucking stupid are- oh wait, it would be hypocritical to ask that. Anyway, obviously, you're paying for the wages indirectly any time you pay for any meal, even with tip because minimum wage is being paid. With tip than without, servers are demonstrably paid less with a base rate than they would without tip. Again, you would have to be a retard to think that in every case, because you're paying tip, you're being more. I know that's no an argument, just thought I would point that out.
Again, the American system is superior because the lower wages the servers accept with a tipping system actually makes the base cost of the food superior, so if you really want to save money, you can legally not pay it, unlike in the shitty Europoor system, where you have to pay it every time. I pretty much get away with never paying tip and find consistently that the cost of my meals is cheap than when I travel abroad, though certainly with your declining shitty currencies, this cost has lowered.

Sort of skimmed the rest, where you're giving some poor b8 attempting to give your asinine, irrelevant political opinion, which has nothing to do with the discussion.

Good on you for sticking to your guns on the splitting the check thing. I know there can be some social pressures to conform to splitting it because its "easier". I only split when I guess there's an occasion or someone has spotted me before and im just reciprocating a kindness.

I want AMERIKEKS to LEAVE
REEeEEEEEEEEEeEEe

>base cost of the food superior
prove it
>shitty Europoor system, where you have to pay it every time
blatantly false

take your BTFO and leave cuccboi

is hospitality the only industry where you can demand extra money to have pride in your job?

you should strive to be the best at what you do and if that means being exceptional at serving people then thats what you need to do.

Id agree with Mr Pink. They already have paychecks. Why not tip a cook? He's the one that made you the meal. Also, any place with required tipping should be closed down.

Well, you got me Europoor. I did a fairly thorough search and I couldn't find a source that indicated base food prices where higher in Europe. But I'm only speaking from experience, but again, the declining Euro partially makes this more moot.
And my point was that, of course, you are indirectly paying the entire servers' tips when you don't pay tip, while almost the entirely of it is paid in America, which you basically decline not to pay if you're cheap enough, as tipping isn't legally required.

Tipping is a scam used by various industries to dramatically reduce labor costs, QOS stopped having anything to do with it years ago, you can tip 20 dollars to a waitress who will still spit in your food the next time you visit.

Very relevant and will probably show it to them soon.

youtu.be/9zyp8RF-Fyw

>not responding "RADICAL, DUDE! ROCK ON!"

>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you
In other words, you went abroad and acted like the loud obnoxious overweight yank that you are, and people treated you appropriately.

What you don't seem to understand is that 'europoors' have wages that they can actually live on. They don't need the tips to survive, unlike in your rich land of the free. Europoors get tips as an extra, if the customer thinks they deserve one. (or if she's hot, let's be real here)

There is literally argument. In America it is legal for employers to pay service workers below minimum wage because it is implied that you will be tipping them.

If you have an issue with that then get into labor rights and find out what needs to happen to end that practice. Until then not tipping does nothing but exploit a shitty loophole in what is essentially an honor system.

>There is literally argument.
Yes, that is the gist of this thread.

>In America it is legal for employers to pay service workers below minimum wage because it is implied that you will be tipping them.
No, if a server doesn't make minimum wage from tips, they're paid up to that point by their employer.

They all make well above minimum wage though, thanks to retards like you giving them handouts for doing their incredibly trivial job.

>undertale skeleton
>shit opinion
imagine my shock

its not idiot

reminder many of these restaurants who pay grossly below minimim wage and expect their customers to pick up the tag also staff their kitchens with illegals to also pay them grossly below minimum wage

The japs literally only tip for the novelty of it. The idea of tipping is so foreign to them that they think it's cute.

>"McDonald's is terrible" is actually considered a shit opinion
Americans, everyone.

Don't assume my nationality Eurostani

I'm not American, but I eat McDonalds maybe three or four times a year. What's so bad about it? I've always found the Big Mac to be pretty damn tasty. The only issue I have with McDonalds is the facility and class of people who go there.

One time my father went to Japan and one of his friends forgot their wallet on the table of a restaurant and when they went back to get it it had been left there untouched. That's how little they care about free money.

I still appreciate the American right to skip out on tip, and thus pocket what would otherwise go to servers. Filthy Europoors have to actually and indirectly pay servers a "living wage" whether they like it or not. Disgusting.

McDonald's is pretty low tier even amongst fast food. I would take literally any other fast food joint over it. Burger King, Wendy's, Church's Chicken, etc.

Not him, but I would say I've developed a liking for the McDonald's taste, but undoubtedly, it's a better value for the money than those places.

Anyone who actually tips is a fucking idiot.

>Burger King

Are these dying out in the UK? I haven't seen one in ages and I live in London.

Wienerschnitzel's combos give you WAY more for the money. Only reason to go to McD's is if you want a Happy Meal toy.

>Wienerschnitzel
I have no fucking idea what that is, so I'll have to take your word for it.

I don't know, I'm American.

It's THE place to go if you like chili, and even if you don't.

Is this the most divisive topic on, dare I say it, all of Sup Forums?

No, Donald Trump is more divisive. But it's okay, because as you know, he will not divide us.

>Filthy Europoors have to actually and indirectly pay servers a "living wage" whether they like it or not.
Indirectly? The employer is responsible for its employees, not the customers. And yes, 'europoors' have to pay employees a living wage, it's crazy I know, so poor.

>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you, fill your cups, make sure everything's alright like in the states.

Unfuckingtrue. Maybe next time don't go screaming and throwing your diapers because they didn't serve chicken tendies. Then again you sound like one of those generic fat retard tourists who rarely stray away from tourist traps so no wonder you got treated like fat retard tourist.

Tarantipo is truly one of the greatest directors of our time for this reason.

Well, the in our case, the employers are still responsible, and they're still paid minimum wage, and more than that depending on their tip, which Americans can legally skip out on. Europoors have no such luxury and can't partially not pay servers. Exceptions to this are when there's actually tipping involved in Europoor restaurants, but this is usually at a much lower rate, leaving other Europoors who don't want to be cucked by Kike restaurant owners less of an option to pay servers less. This privileged is enshrined in our culture.

>they're still paid minimum wage
Which isn't a living wage, oh the luxury.

Waiters in California received a tipped wage of $10.50/h, which is the minimum wage of California

There is literally no reason to give tips to waiters in California since they are receiving their minimum wage by base (not even just as compensation if their tips don't add up)
Since Reservoir Dogs takes place in LA, Mr. Pink is in the right

>I tip if effort is put in
>effort isn't put in
Pinkie boy did nothing wrong.

Can't you fucking read? They're paid that, and more depending on the tip, which I never pay to save money? Can Eurocucks say the same? Usually not.

>Can Eurocucks say the same?
'eurocucks' can say that, land of the free can not. Your minimum wage is not enough to live off, you can lie and claim otherwise if you want, but that is why tipping is considered mandatory. In the land of the free employers make their customers pay for their employees, in europooria they don't have to. Not sure why you're getting so upset over this, it's common knowledge.

I prefer to be in a position where I can pay less at meals and have the servers make less. I don't see why you fail to allow this. Unless you're server yourself or have a reason why I should if they make less money if I can keep more of it.

>be American
>be so wealthy that I can afford to give extra money for quality service
Rest of the world BTFO

There's one in Euston. It is stupidly expensive and underwhelming.

You still don't understand that the customer doesn't pay more, it's the employer that makes less, because he has to pay more. I'm not sure why 'europoors' are so 'cucked' that they think minimum wage should be a living wage. Land of the free has the freedom to be starving and homeless. europoors BTFO.

Again, I can say from experience that I paid more in Europe because their base prices paid for a higher minimum wage, which only makes sense, as tip plus the menu item costs equal the menu item cost in Europe. Don't pay the tip and you make that much more.

Wew it's almost as if 'europoors'....are... not poor...?

Then the Europoors Europoorer who pay slightly more for their meals because they don't have the option to not pay tip.

>they don't have the option to not pay tip
sigh....

I meant to say, they don't have the option to not pay that portion of the server's wage. Even if it goes to owner, I care more about decor anyway.

Cost of meal dictated by restaurant head = [(money to cover base wage of waiter)+(other wages and costs)+(profit margin)]
In America: (money to cover base wage of waiter) = (base wage) - (waiter's tips)
Therefore, in America: Cost of meal = [(everything listed in first line) - (tips)]

Cost of meal can be anything and jews exist globally but cost must meet a certain minimum for the restaurant not to lose money and fail. The point is the american can skip on tip and end up paying less than if the cost of meal had to pay for the full waiter's base wage. If all americans stopped tipping unanimously then owners would have to raise cost of meal if they wanted to maintain their profit margins. Euros don't have this option.

Customer is always paying for all wages, wages and all other costs are paid with revenue and revenue only comes from customers.

I was going to say you were a sport, but you sort of an insistent asshole. But, I'll fess up. Of course, I don't skip out paying tips: only total assholes do that. I actually considering "mandatory" tipping to be a highly inefficient system. I also don't know if meals in America and Europe cost the same, but I appreciate the simplicity of seeing prices on a menu and just having to compute tax, which is usually so low, it's not an important consideration. Ultimately, I don't mind as long as my bill is lower, but the system is still inefficient.
Service is actually my least valued aspect of a meal, so I wouldn't mind if servers were actually paid less in our system. Unfortunately, the notion that we're somehow paying servers' wages to make up for minimum wage really only applies on the low end, and severs on the high end, because of the tipping system, can be some of the most overpaid people on earth, when considering the necessary skill sets for even the most opulent restaurants. I would actually much prefer that that money went to pay the chefs, the cost of the decor, and the owner himself, as that would actually reward the aspects which actually make an fine restaurant, which is rarely the service itself. One would think there would be far more restaurants, especially on the high-end, would just start eliminating "mandatory" tip in order to keep some of that money considering that it makes the servers so immensely overpaid, but strangely that isn't the case.
To reiterate, I actually prefer tipping to be purely optional and even unexpected, but you really characterize it, as it's not some Jew system designed to cuck or overcharge Americans or even bilk servers, (when because of tipping, the exact opposite is true), but just a custom that was created for whatever reason in America which results in an inefficient means of compensation.

DUDE!! COME ON!!! JUST SHUT UP MAN!!!!

I was just being a sophist because I dislike seeing asshole Yuropoors shitting up the board by whining about Americans, not because I'm triggered, but because I really despise this mentality of ragging on America all the fucking time when it's not clever, it's not original, and no Americans in anyway think less of their country, but just think that Europeans are fixated on hating America because of some inferiority complex, which or may not be true, but that's always the impression that's given. We are never going to think you people overall have it better unless we're self-hating Americans who are already disposed to think that. It's not even certain that you don't live in one of those really shitty European countries where they're practically developing, or even in a really shithole country.
You can conclude I'm mad because I wrote all this, but I'm not, and would just make the same assumption everyone else would.

I should say, the same assumption every American would.

As opposed to what? Going behind the bar and making a drink yourself? Going into the kitchen and fixing your messed up order?

The entire point of going out to eat is that they do all the work for you.

lmfao is this the same person? u avin a breakdown m8?

underrated

How am I having a breakdown? I just explained that this entire time, I was only sophistically defending tipping and then explained its actual drawbacks, concluding that the European system is better.

American tipping isn't tipping, thats the thing that annoys me most. Don't fucking call it tipping if youre going to crack the shits at a customer who doesn't tip. Call it a compulsory service charge or something

Waiting is an easy job, managing them is far harder

what are you talking about?

You have never been to Europe right?