How do you go from this...

to this

...to this?

to this

>rewatching Fires of Pompeii
>see Twelve married to Klein while Amy watches

youtube.com/watch?v=-LVrggKALnQ
>it's a "peter capaldi tries to hide his scottish accent" episode

New DWM out soon. Wonder if the issue following this one will have the 13th Doctor on

They'll be idiots to announce 13 before S10 has finished. It's only a month and a week to go, they can wait that long instead of undermining capaldi's last stories

wig

Is Immigrant still here?

Probably asleep, timezones yo

Do you want to proofread my Clara/Ashildr fic then? I don't know if it's the kind of thing that would arouse you though.

Go for it user, I'm not much of a writer myself though, Immigrant is a lot more qualified than I am

justpaste dot it slash 17bp8

no pancake references/10

Christ, this reminded me that I'm incredibly sad Jack never showed up in Moffat's era.

The only thing that stood out to me was the formatting choice of having the dialogue bolded, but I have no complaints otherwise, it's cute user

"Ashildr could recall at least 30 full days of scissoring" made me kek, that sounds like it would be incredibly painful and tiresome without hilarious amounts of lube wew

Can someone please post the latest Blind Wave patron-only reaction, thank you.

literally nobody on /who/ would give those fuckers money

Who cares about Immigrant, Where the fuck is my boy Chicky at?

doctor poo

u no poo in loo pajeet

oh, an intellectual

Empress of Mars is played by Adele Lynch.
Therefore ... are you hype for 13th?
Spiro said she's in series 10. It's unknown role and she's joked behind-the-scenes about being new Doctor. Maybe not joked.
She's better be 13th and not another war- metacrisis- 5-minutes-only-teaser alternate reality Doctor, that would be just silly to do right before proper regen, no?

Seems like she'd actually be a tolerable if she was the Thirteenth Doctor, unlike someone like Michaela Coel or PWB.

Thread was on page 8, had to bump.

I'd be ok with an older woman being the Doctor and this is coming from a person who doesn't want a female Doctor.

Riveting stuff, user.

Tom Marshall spill the beans. He usually right with shit.

- "currently the BBC WW plan want a 5 year plan/cycle for the programme and that's been on the go since before production began in 2005, but traditionally that's been scuppered by BBC Drama only ever commissioning a year in advance. However, the BBC Studios changeover (and the formalised BBC America co-production) potentially make a big difference"
- "Chris Chibnall wants to put Who back on the agenda the way RTD/JG did back in 2005-9" (as reported last time)
- BBC WorldWide want extra Who spin-off material to keep the brand 'alive' during the time when the main show is off air. Suggestion of spin-offs and/or web series. ''Class'' is seen as a failure of promotion and also placement in the domestic market, so it sounds v unlikely indeed that any future spin-off would be iPlayer-centric, or based around a location rather than a character.
- "Moffat has some sort of plan for the Paternoster Gang as he has the rights to them. Weird, but that's what I've heard and it does appear that at least preliminary costings have been done for 6, 8 or 10 blocks"
- "It does seem that while Chibnall was always the number 1 choice for permanent show runner, BBCWW absolutely did NOT want the ''break'' in production of 2015 and TX in 2016 and that someone would appear to have been definitely sounded out to run the show for a production slate of 9 episodes plus a Christmas special (perhaps this is where the rumours' ideas of 10 episodes have come from?)... the plans would have been to have had a completely new direction and tone for series 10, seemingly no regeneration (I'm afraid Capaldi would have had his ''happy'' ending with River Song on Darillium and a big name star for the Doctor was intended to take over"
(1)

- the big name star? None other than Tilda Swinton, who "was (apparently) contacted through her agent via one of the BBC Governors - the Governor of Scotland as she already knows him well - and she [was] extremely interested but only for a maximum of 8 months contracted work (which would just about allow for a Christmas special 2016 and a regeneration which WASN't to be at Christmas, so I'm assuming it may have been used as an explosive hook for series 11/1 in 2017)"
- "you may feel this all sounds a bit 'wish fulfilment', but I have had separate people whom I trust very highly tell variations of the same story. To get someone of her calibre [even for only one series of 9 episodes] I feel would have been stunning, extremely good for the programme itself and a superb way to drum up interest - the fact that Swinton is also an excellent actor should not be sniffed at either. Her ethereal, ''odd'' (no disrespect intended) look would have been the absolute icing on the cake"
- "3 years [for Chris] if he's putting his foot down would make sense... I'd imagine he wants to keep the ball in his court if he were to renegotiate after 3 years. But a shorter term showrunner is probably the right thing to have post-SM. The BBC are however to have a 3 year initial contract (which have already all been preliminary costed and done very expertly by all accounts) but with a further 2 year option on their side alone [i.e. not necessarily with Chibnall, is how I understand that part]"
(2)

I wasn't paying attention when I wrote this, forgive.

- "as for Chris...everyone I know who's worked with him LOVES him. Which sadly isn't the case with SM. I think CC will get people to go above and beyond for the show because of their commitment to him. I have no doubt he's going to make a success of this revamp because a) he's clever, b) he knows how to treat people and c) he knows how to position a show in this new TV landscape."
- "No idea about the Julie Gardner rumour (she's apparently furious about how the series is being treated at the moment by the BBC and has a lot of suggestions about how to repair the damage), but it'd be great if she was involved. Not sure how she would be, although Bad Wolf is based in Cardiff!"
(3)

>tilda swinton

time to top myself

Tom Marshall is a fucking pretentious dickwad

>Tom Marshall is a fucking pretentious dickwad
who's he?

Cheers, Jon Blum

>Currently the BBC WW plan want a 5 year plan/cycle for the programme and that's been on the go since before production began in 2005, but traditionally that's been scuppered by BBC Drama only ever commissioning a year in advance. However, the BBC Studios changeover (and the formalised BBC America co-production) potentially make a big difference.

>Chris Chibnall wants to put Who back on the agenda the way RTD/JG did back in 2005-9" (as reported last time)
- BBC WorldWide want extra Who spin-off material to keep the brand 'alive' during the time when the main show is off air. Suggestion of spin-offs and/or web series. ''Class'' is seen as a failure of promotion and also placement in the domestic market, so it sounds v unlikely indeed that any future spin-off would be iPlayer-centric, or based around a location rather than a character.

>Moffat has some sort of plan for the Paternoster Gang as he has the rights to them. Weird, but that's what I've heard and it does appear that at least preliminary costings have been done for 6, 8 or 10 blocks.

>It does seem that while Chibnall was always the number 1 choice for permanent show runner, BBCWW absolutely did NOT want the ''break'' in production of 2015 and TX in 2016 and that someone would appear to have been definitely sounded out to run the show for a production slate of 9 episodes plus a Christmas special. The plans would have been to have had a completely new direction and tone for series 10, seemingly no regeneration (I'm afraid Capaldi would have had his ''happy'' ending with River Song on Darillium and a big name star for the Doctor was intended to take over.

>he big name star? None other than Tilda Swinton, who "was (apparently) contacted through her agent via one of the BBC Governors - the Governor of Scotland as she already knows him well - and she [was] extremely interested but only for a maximum of 8 months contracted work (which would just about allow for a Christmas special 2016)

Am I reading this right? They were going to have a short intermediate season between Moffat and Chibnall's eras starring Tilda Swinton? Why and who would have showran it?

The Julie thing sounds interesting. That could be great for Doctor Who. And even though this is probably all fake, I do honestly have faith in Chibnall to revamp the show. I don't like his writing but he seems competent

SWINTON FOR ROMANA IV PLEASE

Moffat took the piss out of Tom but Tom's Aspergers quoted it literally.

In theory, Moffat could sell the Weeping Angels to a Hollywood movie studio because he has the rights to.

Weird.

Surely that's not right. I thought the BBC learnt their lesson over author rights after the Nation Estate's fuckery.

How will you feel when I convince Ecclescunt to come back for the 75th lads

How will you feel when I erase him and the rest of your era from Doctor Who for the 80th?

screencap this and hang it on a wall

How will you feel when I decanonise your entire era after my army of chav fans force the BBC to bring me back

So they wanted to Colin Baker'ed Capaldi with off-screen regen and only two seasons? Huh

WAKE UP /WHO/ IT'S 11:29 AM

>and how will you do that.................... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE?!!??!?!?1/1//!/1?! [stops just short of literal muahahas and moustache twirling]

post your favourite unintentionally hilarious moments

Chan why u mad to?

>le pretending to be cats meme

Gay wedding confirmed

I wrote the Clara/Ashildr fic from earlier. Give me some dirty pairings pls

has anyone invented a drinking game for the rtd era?

every time the cold open is just someone getting offed by motw
every time a character says 'it can't be' or 'but that's impossible!'
every time exposition is done via clips of news broadcasts

I mean fic suggestions by this if it wasn't obvious

A big dog and your three sisters.

My dead grandma and Pertwee. Make sure she's dead.

I should've specified: no dead/underage/animal characters. Other than that, all /d/-tier stuff is fine as long as there's consent.

All the Claras from that minosode in the Tardis

SENTREAL X CELATION

this is sentreal

>as long as there's consent
FUCK OFF THEN

Ace/Peri

and this is celation

>no dead/underage/animal characters
literally no point in doing this if you have such constricting rules

Ace and Benny

Sure.

Are these even from Doctor Who?

>Are these even from Doctor Who?

Where are you from, faggot?

>or based around a location rather than a character
come to think of it it's actually really weird that they did that

sponge bob meme: ArE tHesE eVen frOm dOcTor wHo???

yes they are. they are from the galactic council in the daleks' master plan by JOHN WILES. very disappointed in u for not knowing this

>Are these even from Doctor Who?
What a pleb

oh shit what
where's this from

Okay okay okay. Consider it done.

Sorry user, I've already got three requests. I'll try and do yours too, if I have time.

We all know that Doctor Who is fantasy about space Santa Claus, and that "doctor who is science fiction show" is a meme

But which season/series resembled science fiction the most? I'd say it's series 1. Slitheen are the closest you can get to "big-eyed humanoid government-taking aliens" from conspiracy theories, Daleks actually had some science behind them, some rules were established (like reapers and fixed points or whatever) (reminder there are LITERALLY no rules whatsoever now) and we've got old-school space stations from 30s science fiction books.

fuck off please monk

>still 1 day till DWM with previews of the finale

just detonate the reality bomb desu

Season 24

>"Chris Chibnall wants to put Who back on the agenda the way RTD/JG did back in 2005-9"

Is that even possible? I'm being serious. Doctor Who has atrocious reputation among normies these days. People unironically MAKE FUN of it. How do you erase last 5 years from the minds?

Clayton Hickman and his Doctor Who m8s getting a dig in on Moffat

twitter.com/claytonhickman

this, I wonder if that's just all talk or there is actually a plan in mind as to how they will attempt it

Has /who/ seen and discussed this?

"Wednesday midnight: an announcement is coming, some kind of discovery to do with 1960s Doctor Who. NOT missing episodes, something else."

It's not at 3pm then?

On Facebook, somebody has said it's a prop. Must be something important to warrant the kind of press attention that it's presumably getting.

There have been stirrings for a little while. But now I've heard we're actually going to discover what's been found.

No, there is definitely a discovery (and as I said, it it *not* ME-related). And there will definitely be an announcement tomorrow night.

>mfw it's a huge stash of rare colour pics

more likely it's an Evil of the Daleks animation. i told you guys i've got a good source on that. where's this from anyway?

it's unlikely without another decade long break. we're essentially in the 80s now, series 6 killed who as a viable 'flagship' saturday night normie show and it's been on life support ever since, hanging on by the combined threads of autists like us and normies who picked it up with RTD's run and couldn't quite let go. of course the BBC can't let go yet either as the brand is too strong, they have to hold out until they absolutely cannot support it anymore

however further 'wilderness years' are actually unlikely to happen in today's climate. although the BBC will probably end up cancelling the show some time in the next decade as ratings continue to dwindle - but the internet, newfound international audience etc (and I this is something that did explode during Moff's era, dunno how much of that you can attribute to him tho as it may just be the timing and would've happened anyway) mean the show is likely to survive indefinitely on the strength of its core fanbase. whether that be netflix, crowdfunding or whatever.

I think who will continue to be met with indifference from the mainstream, but it could become very interesting over the next few years when it has to find other ways to survive

twitter.com/JR_Southall/with_replies

>a prop

what could it be?

my guesses
>60s TARDIS console
>60s dalek

what else would warrant an announcement?
either way i'm excited.

"Thursday 1st June is our big reveal of our 1960's Original Screen Used Doctor Who Prop, we can tell you now that it is a 60's Monster Head, thought to be the only classic one left in existence that is screen used."

Facebook: TheToyBoxTreasures

Capaldi Doctor doesn't have any spectacular moments that define his Doctor and his Doctor is bland and forgettable. There is nothing like Eccleston Doctor saying NO to the Daleks or Tennant Doctor declaring himself Time Lord Victorious. All that will be remembered about Capaldi Doctor is he wouldn't shut up about his eyebrows and he kept embarrassing himself by looking like a mid-life crisis tryhard by playing the guitar.

Everyone who really, really wanted Capaldi as the Doctor before he became the Doctor got their wish and it was the most disappointing lot of rubbish yet.

Breaking. The. Wall.