So exactly what claim did Aragorn have to the throne of Gondor?

So exactly what claim did Aragorn have to the throne of Gondor?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPkVl_aeOM
imgur.com/gallery/nYaj0
youtube.com/watch?v=chLZQtCold8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Faramir would make a billion times better king. Fuck Aragorn and fuck reddit people.

Bloodline.

Medieval whiteys cared more about lineage than ability
>this is still true

Excellent tax policy

Too busy almost being burned alive while Aragorn was on the front lines of Modor. So I Guess that's his right?

Literally better than all other men.

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT

no, he proved his worth when he lead hundreds of men to a suicide mission to please his daddy

I literally cry everytime...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPkVl_aeOM

boromir would make a better leader than either of those 2 cucks

aragorn pretty much spend his whole life being with the elves and chasing elves pussy

faramir is just a beta cuck with daddy issues

>someone who's now dead would be a better leader

>Crowned king
>Starts singing out of nowhere
Who thought this was a good idea?

Hello, sauron's useful idiot.

>cucks
>cuck

Are you ok? Are you a chicken, or what?

Gandalf

>3:25

I love that smug elf so much

Direct descendant of Elendil and Isildur.

And Anarion. one of Anarions decendents married one of isildurs', so he had multiple claims

Aragorn was some dirty hobo who had no prio political experience
Realistically speaking, he would be as bad as a Trump

>his king doesn't sing elvish songs of power
What kind of a cucked nation is that?

So not at all.

He saved them all by using the ghost army.

The entire city would have been destroyed if he didn't.

He found a loophole in the tax policy that allowed him to take the throne.

He was literally raised by the Elves, that makes him more knowledgeable about everything than any mere human.

It's literally the equivalent of if Trump started singing the Russian national anthem upon being elected
Or the Israeli one

That's not why he was made king you dumb ponce. He was the rightful heir.

I don't know why they crowned Aragorn king. He didn't even have a substantive tax policy to campaign on.

Why didn't aragorn just use the ghosts to defeat the orcs in mordor?

He promised to bring Gondor jobs back to Gondor citizens

It's the Oath of Elendil

From the wiki:
>Translation:
>Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come.
>In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'"

underrated, well done that user

holy shit, how cringy i hope none of you faggots like any of these films
the cut and paste of the hobbits was just icing on the shit cake

>Beta cunt who couldn't even stand up to Da-Da's tantrums would be a better king than the Dunedain-chad that rode in and wrecked Mordor's shit.

If you say so.

This. But seriously though we can't let Aragorn get the one ring codes.

>cringy
To reddit with you.

a sword with higher stats and a distant ancestor who got cucked by a ring

He had a sensible tax policy.

Absolute kino moment, niggas will say otherwise

is there any proof that he is actually related to isildur?
as far as we know he could be some random guys the elves use as a puppet to control gondor

Singing is close to divinity in LOTR, seeing as how the universe was literally sung into creation.

Are you memeing me or is this actually true?

There are stringent checks user, you can't just fake being royalty. Don't be ridiculous
imgur.com/gallery/nYaj0

It is true, read the Silmariliion

So if singing is divine then what about words themselves? Do they hold some sort of power considering Gandalf didn't wish to utter the black speech?

ARAGORN WASN'T EVEN BORN IN MIDDLE-EARTH, HE WAS BORN IN MORDOR. WHERE'S HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE? WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Mordor's in middle-earth you fucking retard

True. The Ainulindale, music of the Ainur it was called.
One of the greatest moments in the Silmarillion was the fight between Sauron and Finrod. Which was basically a rap battle.

Can any bookfags tell me what's beyond the borders of ME? The map clearly shows land beyond its borders. Are there any maps which show the total landmass of the world itself?

Can T_Donald shitposters please go? I get your trying to be funny but overuse of cuck and the like is just cringe.

>He become almost obsessed with wanting to masturbate celebrities back in the late 90's when he told me that Nick Nolte allowed him to be pleasured with his feet.

Nice.

>tfw we will never get a Seth Rogen directed story of that battle, depicted as a parody of 8 Mile with lord of the rings aesthetics

I've seen a few which show/showed where the elfs go at the age of men and so on sadly there just wasn't as much information about those areas.

Most are fan maps, like this. I think it's pretty accurate though.

Not much. To the south there's pirates(who were originally Numenoreans just like Aragon) and darkies. To the east there's a whole lot of uncivilized tribes.

In the real world sure. In Tolkien's fantasy he brings back Andor and slaps the shit out of everyone who helped Saron besiege Minas Tirinth

that's what makes lotr a bit shallow.
It has a great emotional appeal, but when you thing about it logically, things start to fall apart

Stop.
Valinor, the land where the elves go, is actually nor on Arda(earth) at all anymore. Before, when Arda was flat you could sail there, but then the Numenoreans fucked everything up causing Eru(God) to sink their homeland, make the world round and removing Valinor from it.
Only elves can reach it by taking the "straight path".

The same could be said about the Illiad

I wouldn't argue that Iliad is better than lotr.
It's more important historically because it came much much earlier

Why did they have to ruin Boromir in the film, lads?

What did the do to ruin him?

Because the first film would have lacked a specific, move-long antagonist if not for him. It was just for the purpose of making it more palatable for film audiences. I think it sucks but film studios assume that their viewers are morons and in many cases they're proven right.

Instead he sang that song by Linkin Park.

Nice "president" you have there, America.

They already made up that orc captain for that, though

They removed a lot of the depth he has in the books. They sort of made up for this in his increased characterization in the extended edition of Fellowship but in the theatrical version his entire character is just generic-guy-who's-obviously-going-to-take-the-ring-since-he-was-first-introduced.
Book Boromir was much more than that. He was a deeply moral, patriotic and compassionate man whose only flaw was loving his people enough that the ring turned that love against him and tempted him with it. Even then it was very much a spur of the moment thing and not something which had been hinted at the entire book. His folly represents the inherent weakness in men itself whereas in the film, while Sean Bean did a brilliant job of him, he was written as more of a generic not-Aragorn type guy who was pretty much like every other man.

Yes but he was more of a midway villain. What I mean is that Lurtz was only introduced as a character let alone a threat about halfway through the movie whereas Boromir was introduced as an eventual threat from his very first scene.

If you change the B with H and the first r with an m, his name will spell Homomir.

Regardless of this, Aragorn had claim through both bloodline and proving himself a worthy leader.

So, does Frodo end up living forever since he went to Valinor?

Being the least vaguely tied to the direct lineage of Isildur. Also, living for 200+ years lets you understand a few things for the benefit of your population.
Also leaves or some shit.

No, only the elves are immortal, the Valar can not change someone's mortality. Only Eru can, and has only made exceptions for one bloodline. Frodo will die, but in Valinor he can be healed of the lingering effects of the ring and live the rest of his life in peace.
Aragorn was only about 86 by the time of the movies though.

>theatrical cut Boromir is a dick
>Boromir dies like a champ
>seeing him die makes me like him
>now I wish he wouldn't die
>feel terrible watching his death scene

youtube.com/watch?v=chLZQtCold8

What does this make you feel?

You ever read the book? They start singing for literally anything.

And then Sam starts crying

wrong - Boromir was basically Denethor before he became insane, Boromir was a great noble man but if he saw Sauron's visions in the palantir he would break because of his love for Gondor and her people, Aragorn on the other hand never let doubt to discourage him from fighting despite the odds
Boromir's Parth Galen and Aragorn's decision to hunt for the uruk-hai in order to save Merry and Pippin prove those points, also Aragorn never pussied out in the books and reforged Narsil right away and carried it with pride

singing is of great importance in Middle-Earth and Tolkien lore in general, he sings in an ancient language and it is a hymn of his ancestors who had settled and setup the kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor after the fall of Numenor - this more than a good idea, it's a great storytelling usually overlooked by non-Tolkien autists, I'm willing to bet it was Mortensen's idea as well

Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn’ Ambar-metta.

Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come
In this place I will abide, and my heirs,
unto the ending of the world.

the lyrics fit perfectly for the moment of restoration of the great kings of Gondor

his knowledge of Middle Earth in all domains be it political of geographical, social, etc. was probably only outmatched by Gandalf's and the elves due to them living there from thousands of years, yet he did learn from the Dunedain and the elves so he cannot be too far behind them
but yeah, generally speaking you're kind of right, he did not have any prior political experience although he was highly regarded among the Dunedain circle and in Rivendell as well

Ea, the universe, was created through the Music of the Ainur, so that user is correct, and as I mentioned earlier singing is really important in Tolkien's world

>Bluffendor betrothed to Hermoine
>Figlet kills Greygone
>power vacuum leads to unrest in Tryflid palace
>Krongjon usurps Slymph

case closed

that's probably mostly just Tolkien's imagery, it's been a while since I've read any of the books but I am pretty sure certain words in certain languages have power themselves, although I would imagine that power has to come from within the speaker - Gandalf uttering the black speech would be very much different to Boromir, Gimli or Aragorn speaking it

other anons expained it but yes, they're mostly wild lands and Sauron's underlings, south is full of black Numenoreans (not to be mistaken with niggers) who were sort of like an evil counterpart of the Dunedain as they were corrupted by Sauron; The Mouth of Sauron is one of them
also, actual niggers
and more to the northeast there's those uncharted lands where the two blue wizards went and stopped Sauron's influence from expanding there, but unfortunately none of it is fleshed out enough to be worth a proper mention

actually, I'm not sure and might be making this up but Frodo might be immortal once in Valinor, cannot find the source for that info though so take the other's user answer as the most valid
one thing is certain, all of the ringbearers (alive ones) were granted permission to sail to Valinor

IIRC I don't know where I read it but Frodo wasn't given immortality in the undying lands he was simply able to find peace there until such time as his mortal life ended.

How long do Hobbits tend to live? The same, or longer than Men?

>Eomer refuses to swear fealty to me, says he is a king and is therefore my equal
>immediately begin my reign by declaring war on Rohan
>raise taxes to fund an army
>first army I send gets routed immediately
>crucify my disgraced general, raise taxes even higher to build a second army
>second army gets routed immediately
>throw a fit when Faramir tells me we can't raise taxes any higher
>send missives out to all of the nobles of the realm
>say that they can do whatever the fuck they want from now on until the end of time if they give me enough money to fund a third army
>peasants all over the realm are clubbed by tax collections and then conscripted for the next invasion
>third army is routed immediately
>Eomer offers to release the soldiers he captured for a ransom
>hand over the last of my treasury to the messenger
>tell him that I would rather pay Eomer to kill all of my piece of shit troops who refused to stand and die like men
>sit on my throne and wait for the inevitable end

This was Aragorn's tax policy.

Around 100 years, although their adulthood begins at 33

even if you just pasted that, it really wasn't worth typing out.

"Baggins?! Sure i know a Baggins!"

Why were the elves leaving middle earth

why didnt Aragorn craft his own Ring of Power to fight Sauron?

Fuck that game

Human mortality in Tolkiens works is a gift bestowed upon them by Eru. The gift of Eru. As such, no being other than Eru himself can take it away. During older times, men understood Mortality as the gift it is. They also lived much longer during these times. Back then, when a man felt their life was complete they would just lay down and die of their own accord. Aragorn was the first human in a very long time to do this.

imagine being like this

way longer although the max age of men varied across the ages, hard to compare
I think by the events of Lotr humans lived for around the same amount of years as they have in our middle ages
obviously the Dunedain as well as certain Gondorians wouldn't count as men due to being of Numenorean descent which granted them slightly prolonged lives (not sure if the prolonged life is correct for Gondorians, it is cetainly for the Dunedain but Gondorians were sort of lesser Dunedain and while they possessed greater strength or durability than a simple human they may not have had the long lives of the pure Dunedain)
Bilbo's 111 marked him as fairly old yet he managed to live for much longer than that, but that's because of the ring so it is difficult to come up with an exact comparison

I always enjoy lotr threads and never feel the need to contribute because the discussion is quality in itself, this particular one tickled my autism

I can assure you there are tens of bigger tolkien autists than me on this board itself much less the whole internet, I've only really read the books once, aside from The Hobbit and Children of Hurin

Because Aragorn was a good man and not evil

>So exactly what claim did Aragorn have to the throne of Gondor
He's a direct descendant of both Arvedui, last king of Athedain (one of Arnor, the senior Dunedain kingdom's, splinter kindgoms) and Firiel, the daughter of Gondor's last King from the House of Meneldil.

Thus Aragorn has a right to throne of Gondor through Firiel (whose ancestory goes back to Elendil's youngest son Anarion, and another (greater) claim to the High Kingship of both Dunedain kingdoms through Arvedui, going back to Isildur (Elendil's oldest son).

Long story short, Aragorn is the rightful king of all Dunedain and smelly stewards can go get wrecked

They could just lay down and die? Or did they commit suicide?

Do orcs rape?

The elves are part of the world, their essence is tied to it. Morgoth, Tolkien's version of the devil, poured much of his essence into Ea itself. Corrupting it. Sauron did the same when crafting the One ring, although at a much smaller level. As a result of this, the "magic" of the world fades more and more, and the Elves fade with it. Only Valinor is free of this corruption. hence their exodus.
The elven rings of power sort of countered this effect. Creating sanctuaries like Lorien and Rivendell. this is why Galadriel leaves at the end. The rings have lost their power and so finally Lorien will fade too.

How badly that game shits on the lore?

Aryankino.