Why doesn't he just go back in time?

Why doesn't he seriously just go back in time and kill the first white walker mid-transformation? He only needs a werewood tree, there is one at Winterfell.

The end.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_loop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a closed loop stupid

Except it is clearly not.

But what is physically stopping him from trying? It being a closed loop didn't prevent him from time-hopping five to six times.

>expecting anything short of hackery from got
You played yourself

>he clearly got the mad king mad
yes it is.

nobody is stopping you from making a no-plot holes best seller novel tho. go ahead nerd.

>yes it is.
I don't think you know what a closed loop is or means. There would be no way for him to go back in the first place if that were true, but he can literally just find a werewood tree, go back whenever and fuck around. There is NOTHING that indicates he can't do that.
>hurr durr, you a nerd
What are you, 13 faggot?

the closed loop was demonstrated with Hodor's death/young Hodor's seizure. His seizure/naming was always a part of history and there was nothing they could do to change it. That's how a closed loop works. Game of Thrones isn't going to end with a simple hop back in time.
Faggot.

>hurr durr you a faggot grrr!
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_loop

Please name me what mechanism is preventing Bran from becoming the focal paradox points ten times over? It is not a closed loop in the show.

>That's how a closed loop works
No, not really. If it was closed, he wouldn't be able to change time in the first place. Yet he can, and nothing stops him.

You are wrong, hothead.

>Game of Thrones isn't going to end with a simple hop back in time.
You take Game of Thrones talk pretty seriously, huh?

Here are some examples of a closed loop:

Terminator
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 5 "The Door"

Not really, I just like proving my point.

Again, what mechanism is preventing Bran from going back in time whenever he wants?

>Not really, I just like proving my point
So, is it autism? Because you seriously don't know what a closed loop means. None of those movies were closed loops either. You realize that, right? Your actions effecting the past, which change your future, do not make it closed...

This better be bait because I can't believe anyone is this retarded (Well except for me for falling for it, but I'll take it). Those were three were examples of time travel where things were _NOT_ changed. Which is what I'm trying to argue. Read the wikipedia article or fucking tv tropes. Holy shit.

What does asking that have to do with anything?

going to end with him starting the events of game of thrones (i.e him telling his younger self to climb like a shit head all over the castle)

But that isn't what a closed system means, and none of those films are examples. Harry becomes the change in the present, by changing the past...

That is literally NOT a closed system.

>What does asking that have to do with anything?
Answer it, faggot. What is preventing Bran from traveling back as many times as he wants? Tell me.

And again, Bran can still go back in time and be the reason for that change...no matter what point he fucks with, and becomes the point of that change.

I feel like I am talking to a child here. Are you a child?

They cant let Bran do anything because he's so ridiculously OP he could end this shitshow right now and then how would HBO get their shekels

by the way bran is the best character

Bran isn't CHANGING anything. He can be a effect in the past but he isn't CHANGING anything in the past. Hodor's seizure only happened because of what Bran did in the future, what Bran was always going to do in the future, because we saw its effect in the past. What I'm trying to say is never, EVER, going to change the past. Why is this so hard to understand?

he is never*

check these digits

holy shit he actually got trips

Because you aren't understanding this other dimension to it. The reason for Hodor's seizure is because of Bran, Bran is the actuating change in the past, which becomes and IS his present and future. Bran is the focal point of change, whether or not his perspective on his timeline is aware of that or not, there are no seizures without Bran, without Bran changing the past, it doesn't mold into his present.

This is not a closed system...

>What I'm trying to say is never, EVER, going to change the past
Then again, tell me what mechanism is in place to prevent Bran from changing the past.

I've heard this, what happens in Terminator with John Connor's parentage and what happens in Harry Potter with Hermione's time turner near the end of it all described as closed loops, i.e. loops with no beginning or end, so that's what I'm sticking with. And I understand it pretty simple as its not that hard to figure out. Is this the first work of fiction you've tried out that has time travel in it? It's been done a million times before.

Fate, Destiny, God, Determinism, D&D, George R. R. Martin, whatever you want to call it, I'm not writing the story.

I just rewatched the tower of joy scene to see if Ned still turned around the second time even though Bran didn't say anything (he did turn around for the record)

And then I realized... what if Ned only agreed to raise the bastard as his own son because he heard Bran shouting "father" at him and Ned mistook it as a message from the Gods? People are constantly misinterpreting "voices" in this story and what if all of them are Bran?

One off or godly ThoTh digits depending which way you look

>this the first work of fiction you've tried out that has time travel in it?
No, you are just extremely retarded about what makes something closed loop, and a conditionally changing loop, the latter of which, is most time travel films. Closed loops are characterized by absolutely no change regardless of tampering.

If Harry Potter had a closed loop: Buckbeak would have been executed. (The change being Harry saving him)

Terminator: the machines win no matter what. (Change being saving John)

Game of Thrones: Hodor never gets retarded. (Change being Bran)

None of these are closed systems because in each scenario, there is an actuator that changes their past to be their familiar future.

You're retarded.

How are you defining 'change'? Because nothing is changed in those examples. That's what the most common use of closed loop is: time travel without change, "whatever happened, happened", if you ever watched Lost.

But there is change...

Holy shit.

raven

>Because nothing is changed in those examples
Yes, there is. You dense fucking clod.

There is NO change occurring, whatsoever in those works.
Kyle was ALWAYS John's father.
Harry's future self ALWAYS saved his past self with the patronus (And Buckbeak was NEVER killed, why the fuck do you think Dumbledore was in on the know with everything?)
And Hodor ALWAYS had a seizure because of Bran's actions down the timeline.
Either I'm retarded for falling for this bait or you are for actually believing this nonsense.

i agree with this user

Or maybe, you don't understand what I am saying at all? I said it here Fucking kill yourself you stupid fag.

u r the stupid 1 m8

>Harry's future self ALWAYS saved his past self with the patronus
Because he is the actuating change that alters the past, that becomes his familiar present...

Summer really brings in the dummies here.

Right, it's clearly not an example of you being underage and not getting anything being told to you.

A closed loop means nothing changes despite interference, which means whatever Harry or Bran would have done, it wouldn't have altered their timelines. But OH WAIT! WHAT'S THIS? It looks like both of their timelines are altered by their own change, which to their perspective, doesn't seem different because it literally becomes their present as it is happening.

This is the easiest way I can explain this to you without charts.

m8 according to you this picture would not be a causal loop because the ball went back in time to hit itself.
you are wrong
this is a causal loop because the ball would never have gone back in time unless it had gone back in time to hit itself
even in the picture the balls path is altered by going back in time but it was always going to happen

There is pure, in-your-face evidence in each example that NOTHING is being changed, you fucking mong. I suppose the wind just swept those beans to hit Harry and his friends in the back in the heads in the """original timeline"""? jesus christ

Nothing is made or becomes different, you dumb fuck, they even say so in in this fucking children's film, "Bad things happen to wizards who mess with time". They don't change or alter ANY past

>m8 according to you this picture would not be a causal loop because the ball went back in time to hit itself.
Causal loops aren't "closed"...
>even in the picture the balls path is altered by going back in time but it was always going to happen
Yes, to the perspective of the ball, this is its present, it "always happens" because the ball went back in time to be where it is now.

Holy shit, you really don't get this do you? You aren't getting that their own perspective of their timeline is the same to them, because the PAST became their FUTURE. The PAST was changed.

And where is this evidence of Bran changing the past? The entire __POINT__ of the episode "The Door" was that he changed NOTHING, and that NOTHING he will ever do will change the past. He doesn't change the past, the past changes him.

m8 i cant find any information that distinguishes closed loops from loops like the one in the picture.
Could you give me an example?

>There is pure, in-your-face evidence in each example that NOTHING is being changed, you fucking mong. I suppose the wind just swept those beans to hit Harry and his friends in the back in the heads in the """original timeline"""? jesus christ
I think you are baiting me at this point, because it really seems like you are autistic. I will try my best to explain this a third time:

Harry (pre-time turning), experiences getting hit in the back of the head (an event we know that is caused by Harry traveling hours back in time). To his perspective, the resulting action is always the same, being saving Buckbeak. But it literally only is an eventuality due to Harry going back in time, altering what is his present, that BECOMES what he perceives to be his own present.
>They don't change or alter ANY past
Except they do, it just loops into what they perceive is their own sequence of familiar effects...that he actuated into happening, by interference. I.E, not a closed system.

Get fucked.

>And where is this evidence of Bran changing the past?
Hodor's seizure. His perception of his past is irrelevent to the fact that this is him changing it into the past he knows.
>He doesn't change the past, the past changes him.
Without Bran going back in time, there is no seizure.

A closed loop is Harry going back in time and Buckbeak dies because it doesn't matter. The end.

why are you so upset

*familiar events not effects

but bran would not have gone back in time unless hodor was how he was. it is a loop
m8 i honestly dont have a clue what your on about. it sounds to me like your idea of closed loop time travel is travelling back in time but not doing anything. Just sitting in the time machine or something

bro DRAGONS

DRAGOOOONS

>COCKMONGLER FACE 2.0

so why cant he just go back in time and change something and make it the reality forever?

This is the most asinine time travel "logic" I've ever read. The entire POINT of ideas of destiny and fate is that people have no CONTROL over what they do, ERGO, no CHANGE is being made. And you have no idea what a closed loop is, please get educated.

>but bran would not have gone back in time unless hodor was how he was. it is a loop
...but it is not closed. Since Bran is there, changing time.
>m8 i honestly dont have a clue what your on about.
Because you are stupid.
>it sounds to me like your idea of closed loop time travel is travelling back in time but not doing anything.
It is not literally doing nothing you fucking shit eating cunt, a closed loop literally means that no matter what someone tries to alter, nothing is changed. Which means Buckbeak would have died. Which means Hodor doesn't become retarded. Which makes Bran and Harry observers of a past and not agents of change.

because he doesn't actually change anything that he wasn't already destined to change. Hodor was already fucked up before he went back in time to fuck him up

but hodor was already retarded m8

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
WHATS GOING ON

>This is the most asinine time travel "logic" I've ever read
Because you have severe autism.
>muh destiny
There is none in ASOIAF, fuck off. It's a meme even George admits to. You can't wrap your head around what makes something a closed system.

...because Bran changed his own past, which to his perspective, was always his own history. Fucking christ. How is this difficult?

could you give an example from a story or a film or make one up?
m8

Hodor was fucked up by Bran.

that to me sounds like a loop m8

hodor was only fucked up because bran made him fucked up in the first place

you're acting as though the fact that you can already see the effects of bran's powers means he has no power, and its frankly insanely retarded

An example of what you braindead faggot?

exactly. even before bran knows anything about time travel hodor is already fucked up

A loop, that isn't closed, m8ty

he's fucked up but he's not saying Hodor yet, which is what Bran caused through the closed loop

of your idea of a closed loop m8

yes and bran is the reason why in the first place
i literally dont understand your point. what are you arguing? that bran isn't doing anything? bullshit you dumbass, the point of the hodor episode was to show that brans powers are literally limitless and the entire story could be caused by him for all we know

hodor says hodor before brans birth and throughout brans life. Without hodor-saying hodor carrying bran through the wall, bran would never have time travelled.
a fucking loop m8

>exactly. even before bran knows anything about time travel hodor is already fucked up
Right, now follow along buddy: to Bran, this is HIS perception of history, it isn't until Bran from the future goes to the past, does he understand that his own history was effected, by himself. To him, nothing seems like it changed retroactively, since we are moving backwards. But why would it? It BECAME HIS HISTORY, that he knew. The change was still the interference...otherwise nothing would have changed at all, and Hodor wouldn't be retarded, and that is how he would remember his past.

I have explained this four times to you now.

Prisoner of Azkaban, Buckbeak dies.

yeah the whole story could be caused by bran but he couldnt stop anything thats already happened could he m8. Its like hes in some sort of looooop

Yeah exactly. These dumb fucks are making things convoluted instead of taking the easiest (and obvious, and right) explanation in that time wasn't changed.

nah i want a real story. not an edited one.

Bran can go back in time, be the first bran in the time lineage to stop the children from stabbing the tree dude, and that will be his history and the story will start over with no white walkers

HE CHANGES TIME BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE CHANGED TIME TO HIM BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT BECOMES HIS HISTORY! HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Any movie where despite trying to change time, their actions have no consequences.

how do you know he hasnt already stopped something from happening by affecting the past in some way to make sure it never happens at all

m8, your idea of a closed loop can not exist, unless you travelled back in time but were invisible and saw nothing or something like that. explain yourself!
name fucking one

Meant for

You are seriously the dumbest piece of shit I have ever seen in months.

You'd have a point if we saw Hodor saying "Hodor" BEFORE Bran went back in time.

BUT
WE
DON'T

BECAUSE
Bran didn't change anything. user, I'd be willing to eat up your asinine garbage if we even SAW a change. BUT WE DIDN'T. Fuck, you are FUCKING retarded.

he doesnt change anything. if the past had been different before he time travelled, he may never have time travelled

Because that becomes Bran's past...

what if eye of macumber

i do not understand you m8. u r terrible at communicating your ideas

Again, fifth time now: no matter how he changes his past, it will still be his own past. It will be familiar to him no matter how he alters it.

that was always brans past. otherwise he might not have time travelled
m8

12 monkeys

>m8
>u
You're just really fucking stupid about this. You don't know what a closed system is.

Bran's experience in the past becomes HIS past, as in HIS memories. Hodor _ALWAYS_ remembered that happening EXACTLY as it did. NOTHING was changed, that is the entire POINT. Just think of this from a show-writing perspective. They are not fucking adding time-changing shenanigans to Game of Thrones! What's set in the past is done!

Fucking hell, he's ugly.

Never seen him pull any face other than that either.

AHA! AN EXAMPLE!
i will get back to u after a read m8

dude youre a fucking retard, the change was made by bran because he lived long enough to make the change. if bran died in the fall hodor would never have become hodor and who knows what else would be different because BRAN WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO CHANGE THE PAST

>Bran's experience in the past becomes HIS past, as in HIS memories.
Yes, and no matter what he alters retroactively, it becomes his new history.
>Hodor _ALWAYS_ remembered that happening EXACTLY as it did.
Because that is what Bran changed it to.
>NOTHING was changed, that is the entire POINT.
The point is that it was.
>They are not fucking adding time-changing shenanigans to Game of Thrones!
I don't know if you are new to this show, but that is literally the reason for Bran's character.
>What's set in the past is done!
Unless Bran changes it...then it becomes the new past.

go back to your containment general

You can add "ifs" to anything with time travel you know, that doesn't discount them from being closed loops. Yeah, fate/destiny don't belong in Game of Thrones, and it was shitty to include it, but that's what they did.