Is Sup Forums looking forward to Stargate Discovery?

Is Sup Forums looking forward to Stargate Discovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9vHopyEtzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From the thumbnail guy in top looks like he's wearing a party hat

That really do look like a jaffa armor

a grimdark militaristic diverse series full of complaining women?
I cant wait

What in the actual fuck is this?

you mean star trek discovery, tripper?

WE

is this show going to be canon

>Blacks ruling Egypt
Pretty sure that is real life cannon, brah.

pretty sure it's not

Please tell me this is the sam person, how the fuck did you even get here

We are not the same person, but I think he was baiting and I got caught

What the fuck are those black cushions on the wall? They aren't even straight. Looks cheap as hell.

>triple-8
>number of death

is it a prophecy of the show's future?

Not going to watch. It's all women and expecting a chick show focusing on angsty relationship drama, bitchy backstabbing, soapie dialogue and "the ship's shield is not working because you're feeling angsty, keptin!" because in chick shows muh feelings somehow directly affects the physical universe like clark's ability to fly or supergirl's ability to stop a ship from falling.

>Black Egyptians in the series but not in the film
How come the series was so much more progressive than the film?

>because in chick shows muh feelings somehow directly affects the physical universe
Then according to this STTNG and DBZ are both chick flicks.

>It's all women and expecting a chick show focusing on angsty relationship drama, bitchy backstabbing, soapie dialogue
You might be right

>Star Trek: Discovery is shedding a creative restriction that's long frustrated top writers on previous shows in the franchise.
>Showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg working from a creative roadmap laid out by executive producer Bryan Fuller are delivering a Trek saga that gets rid of one the franchise's decades-old limitations in an effort to evolve the series.
>As part of Trek creator Gene Roddenberry's utopian vision of the future (and one that Trek franchise executive producer Rick Berman carried on after Roddenberry's death in 1991), writers on Trek shows were urged to avoid having Starfleet crew members in significant conflict with one another (unless a crew member is, say, possessed by an alien force), or from being shown in any seriously negative way.
>This guideline wasn't strictly followed across all 700 previous franchise episodes, of course (there are especially some notable exceptions in The Original Series). But in an aspirational effort to make the future more idyllic, Starfleet crew members typically weren't supposed to demonstrate baser human flaws. For writers on Trek shows, the restriction has been a point of behind-the-scenes contention (one TNG and Voyager writer, Michael Piller, famously dubbed it Roddenberry's Box). Drama is conflict, after all, and if all the conflict stems from non-Starfleet members on a show whose regular cast consists almost entirely of Starfleet officers, it hugely limits the types of stories that can be told.

>Sit Ubu, sit. Good dog.

So... they're shit writers is what they're saying?

Got it.

Fuck them.

>uses idyllic when he means ideal because idealic isn't a word

>it hugely limits the types of stories that can be told
So Trek writing teams in the 90s/00s were able to churn out 600+ stories for television out of pure luck?
These faggot hacks should just stay away from science fiction.

conflict in fiction writing is more than just people being ennemies or being cunts to each other

>The basic types of conflict in fiction have been commonly codified as "man against man", "man against nature", and "man against self."

Even man against man can be done without having the characters at each other's throat.
Ethical conflicts, cultural conflicts, etc. You know, just like TNG and DS9 had. The worst season of DS9 (season 1) was because "muh conflicts finally". Once they got rid of that shit it and made the crew a (disfunctional) family it became great.

and yet deep space 9 was the worst series in the franchise.

Exactly. Gay writers want devil-wears-prada-bitch style dialogue and soapie intrigues.

Discovery will not be about meeting new life and new civilizations. It will be bawwww-my-best-friend-slept-with-my-wife-i-want-revenge for 10 episodes and bawwwww-captain-does-not-know-i'm-in-love-with-her-i-hate-whoever-looks-at-her for the rest of the season.

What's DBZ?

When did an engine fail in TNG because the captain is in love and she won't say i love you to him? When in TNG did the ship's shield become stronger because the ex-o looked at captain and whispered "I believe in you"?

Bashir and O'Brien didn't become friends until season 2's Armageddon Game, and there is nothing wrong with season 1 of DS9.

>7 years

>it hugely limits the types of stories that can be told

it's their lack of talent that limits their ability to write sci-fi stories. what they want is that they're not limited/prevented from writing soap-opera stories.

totally correct. they should get sci-fi writers and not wannabe writers who want to copy scripts from daytime soaps.

DBZ is Dragonball Z.

I remember particularly in TNG when they went to the edge of the universe where it was still being formed and thought could become matter/energy. The traveller character was pretty much all about muh feels cun duh anytang.

Sorry, I confused ds9 with voyager. Now that was terrible.

Daytime soaps used to be pretty good not so long ago. They were like Twin Peaks on crack. Slasher killers, witches, vampires, evil dummies, spy shit. superhero shit, evil twin that is a serial masked killer and dating a witch who is sister to a slayer of vampire, etc.

Let's not get too full of ourselves. Much of sci-fi writing has been window dressing to push political/social agendas independent of science or technology.

It's almost as if it was the original theme of Star Trek. Weird, right?

I remember Talk Soup maybe making fun of that one with the lisping midget who played a magical doll quite often. I never watched it outside of that.

Whoa. It's as if daytime and primetime switched. Primetime shows now are mostly relationship drama that girls love like "what did she say to him" and "how did he react to what she said" and "did he say i love you back" and stuff like that.

Pol/Soc topics are not soapie topics. They're topics found in all genres. Soapie writing refers to relationship drama like one whole ep in SGU dedicated to guy chasing after bestie who slept with his wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9vHopyEtzs
Can't wait for more dumb shit like this.

The point was science fiction has many times not been about its namesake, but anything else to appeal to the lowest common denominator since the writers are only capable of writing for people like themselves.

>assumes anons talking about soap operas are talking about political/social agendas themes

You see political/social agenda pushing even when no one is talking about it because you're perpetually triggered due to the fact that you support a political/social agenda that you are incapable of defending and which you know deep down is wrong.

That's the point everyone's been making. Many so-called sci-fi shows are not sci-fi but are actually chick shows for women and gays.

You think that because you're one of the teengirls who grew up thinking the young adult novels like Divergent and Hunger Games are sci-fi. Expand your reading list, little girl.

Like someone else indicated Star Trek the original and TNG both were more about political and social agenda pushing than hard sci-fi, but they weren't chick flicks or whatever it is called in tvland.

Who /SoldiersOfTheEmpire/ here?

Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
Qoy puqbe'pu'.
yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.
maSuv manong 'ej maHoHchu'.
nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'.
batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv.
pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
mamevQo'. maSuvtaH. ma'ov!

I never read those. Only ever saw the first hunger games and not even all of it since unlike most of Sup Forums I prefer getting up and going to the restroom rather than using a catheter.

> Star Trek Discovery : "We fucking hate Star Trek, their obnoxious fans and everything related to SF, however, Star Wars is making mass money and we want it too".

Shoot the producers & the studios please!

On my first binge watch of Ds9.
just finished children of Time

Why did he do it, guys.
Why did he wipe out all those people

>obssessed about political and social agendas on tv shows

kek
Why are you so butthurt over political and social agendas? You keep popping up in different threads saying the same "pushing pol/social agenda" line.

>Like someone else indicated
lol spoken like a true samefag

Nintendo gave a big fuck you to their fanbase on multiple occasions during the Wii years yet their fanbase still eats up their shit to this day. Trekkies will do the same and like it.

What is the official trekkie opinion on the Nu-trek movies?

Utter shit, except Beyond.

2009 is good

Gowron literally did nothing wrong.

Star Trek: The Eugenics Crew is NOT a good Star Trek movie. It's a good sci-fi action flick though, if you don't mind a bunch of Mary Sue being better than everyone from birth with no training and doing shit that no one has ever been able to do before with no struggle.

Also, muh coincidences. Crash landing near old Spock AND Scotty, etc.

Childhood is idolizing Gul Dukat

Adulthood is realizing Gowron makes more sense

He did the right thing.

Changing the timeline doesn't kill people. If theyd stayed then more people would probably die in the future.

Q were right before Q and his hard on for Picardesque humans infected them and turned them into cucks.

This is why Higher Beings should not intervene in mortal affairs. It's not about the mortals, it's about the HB not reverting to petty physical beings bullshit politics and rivaleries.

He didn't completely wipe out the House of Duras

You sould alway leave someone to tell the tale of how awesome and brutal you are.

K'Assp Heray knew this.

> blocks your path

>blocks your boobs

>Sips tea.

>gulp prune juice and BRAAAAP at you

Nope, hated prequelshit when they did it with Archer, hate prequelshit now they try it with chink and the gang.

> prune juice
> Not ratkajino

It's RAKtajino you slimy irish FUCK

> no 2400s series with the long term effects of the Dominion war and borg invasions and the destruction of Romulus.

> tfw have to play STO to get that.

2bh they even fucked that up with all the future timecop bullshit they put in ENT.

Fuck STO.

> temporal cold war

How much did you spend on exclusive ship content?

Is that REALLY a Klingon? Are they just fucking with us and that's some other...spider-creature race? Also, I hope they don't turn the bass up too high on those speakers, it'll mess up their hair and probably blow 'em out.

Post more ST reaction images, i like your taste.

> play Starfleet storyline
> boring as shit, Torres and Paris's kid is boring shit
> tuvok is also boring

> play klingon storyline
> Martok is dead
> Alexander dies like a bitch.

Not a single dime. I was only playing it because my friend was and he finally broke down and spent real money to get a Jem'Hadar carrier. I was saving up the super-currency (Dilithium? Gold Pressed Latinum? Hell I dunno.) for a Galor but I quit playing before I had the scratch.

Is there anything actually good about it lore wise? I've heard some turbonerds gush and i'd willingly read a wiki or some huge block text about what happens, but i aint playin that shit.

Goddamn that whole Tuvok thing was annoying. We were playing just as they were introducing the Dyson Spheres and Iconian bullshit, we played as part of the Klingon Empire as Cardassian mercenaries (at least, I did--he was a Gorn) looking for something resembling the old Cardy way of life. It was shite.

Iconian war, the Tal Shiar and the dominion fleet coming through the wormhole and taking over DS9 30 years late because Sisko banished them to the shadow realm was pretty good

Jem hadar AI is dumb as dog shit

>ywn have a busty tsundere half-klingon warrior waifu to snu snu with

just end my life now

At the end of the day, if the stories are good, fuck the inconsistencies and politics that shouldn't be in star trek.
But it probably won't be good.

I hit level 51 on my starfleet admiral and started doing my klingon raider.

Haven't touched romulan republic guy yet though

This. I'll give it 1 season because all the treks are rocky their first season, but i honestly don't think it will be that good. I hope. But i doubt.

Not him but fuck you.

> bajoran slaves, please report to me your sequel organs
Jesus how terrifying

An all female cast I can tolerate

Those fucked up Klingon designs though...have they even explained themselves?

Genetic manipulation and viruses of course

Alexander becomes fucking augment asshole.

The new TOS option Daniels becomes the villain.

Picard is never mentioned or seen. The E isn't either.

It's not an all female cast. Anthony Rapp and Jason Isaacs are in the main crew, and probably Doug Jones too if his character doesn't die in the pilot.

Half of the complaints about this show is just bullshit made up by Sup Forums tourists. Don't automatically believe everything you see them day.

At least the klingons look cool.

>The E isn't either.
Dont they have this ugly fanmade F now?

>crew drama
Fuck

This is Sgu all over again

I'm just guessing but the black chick commander might *might* be Cassidy and Ben's unborn child at the the end of DS9 and she's a temporal agent.

I like how the aliens finally look alien, not just humans in alien costumes

didnt necessary have to have this gritty look though, the graphics around this show are pretty shitty... especially the logo

but it has Fuller's handwriting, so im in

Odyssey is less ugly than any ship in the JJ verse at least.

> and it's captianed by an andorian

What do you call a bar so low it's literally resting gently on the ground?

Shon's a pretty cool guy. Full spread of quantum torpedoes isn't afraid of anything.

t. Midnight's Edge

I'm really hoping the aliens look less and less human with every reboot. Hopefully Klingons look like overgrown fucking scarabs by the next one. Enough with thinking Trek needs abide by shit that was really just because of budget limitations at the time.

SGU was okay in parts.