Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jIp1I5Atr3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uxhB4wBTrVM
youtube.com/watch?v=4puUo4OYViE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's not even the best scene lad

the obvious one

Fuck you, Deliverance is one of the most beautifully-shot movies ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=jIp1I5Atr3Q

I watched this movie right after I moved out of my parents house, to a different city, while living alone in a 5 bedroom house, like three days after my former roommate attempted suicide and moved away. It really fucked with me.

This movie is cancer incarnate

>forrest gump

weird because that scene was hyped up so much but when i saw the movie i couldnt fucking wait for it to be over because it was a monumentally pointless scene.

the movie kinda loses steam in the second half when they basically just search for ronny cox' character in the river for what feels like an hour.
southern comfort is a similiar film but better in every way without the edgy man on man rape.

fun fact: the famous banjo playing kid couldn't even play banjo. they shot the scene with a professional banjo player hiding behind the kid and playing the banjo with his hands visible.
the "kid" works at a wal-mart now.

Is this a bait post or is OP just an ultra pleb?

Anyone ever experience an incesty, reclusive ass community/village like this before?

I agree. Sucks for me because the first two CA movies are completely kino and the only capeshit I like besides the first Iron Man.
Goddamn I could always rely on the Cap movies after seeing the rest of the stupid goofy shit from the rest of Marvel. At least in the first two the Cap fought REAL enemies and had a message and deeper messages.

Civil War was just Avengers 3 with some of them missing. Goddamn if you have a formula that works don't fuck with it, especially with goddamn CAPTAIN FUCKING AMERICA

>what kinda movie you want chaim?
>just fuck american culture up
Seriously, fuck this movie. Single handedly ruined southern american culture and gave northern liberal fags a reason to fear and despise their own heritage.

I was thinking this one was pretty boring until that one scene occurred

obvious one

*burps*

This desu

>the movie kinda loses steam in the second half when they basically just search for ronny cox' character in the river for what feels like an hour.
Yeah. And I noticed some shitty editing. Some shots where Reynolds is completely wet, then somehow dry, during the same supposed river run. The only reason it's famous is because of the rape scene, which was controversial for its time.

I liked the whole movie

Nah I think the higher murder rates and all the lynchings did that

Peter Stormare is the only memorable part of that movie

the south was considered a shit hole long before deliverance

The lynchings were to solve the higher murders.

wrong

what scene?

>edgy
There's nothing edgy about it.

and yet they solved nothing

Cause they stopped.

there were like 3 memorable scenes but for sure as soon as satan shows up the next like 5-6 minutes are incredible

The Tank v Tank battle out in the open field. Every other scene was a cliched as fuck and something I'd seen before and seen done better

glad i'm not the only one. 90% of people don't know anything about this movie past boot camp

t. rapey cletus who's parents were cousins.

kek, speak for yourself homo.
any normal person would feel uneasy during that scene.

Fun fact: My family makes fun of one of our cousins, because he kind looks like the banjo kid.

t. redneck

>Single handedly ruined southern american culture
If your culture gets ruined by a single movie, it wasn't much of a culture anyway.

are rednecks that self-aware that they even watch this movie and laugh about it?

I actually love the entire movie, but it really is like watching two different films in one.

Not considered good, but remembered

they didn't work to suppress anything for the 70 years they were accepted, they only scared off people who might otherwise have wanted to live in the american southeast

Oh, so anything that makes you feel uneasy is "edgy"? I thought "edgy" was used as a derogatory term for when a movie tried too hard. Deliverance certainly doesn't, and there's nothing wrong with a movie making you feel uneasy.

I lived in one sort of like that for a while when I was a kid.
Backwoods Mountain town in North Carolina close to the Tennessee border. Its pretty weird because i'm in a yuppie suburb now and its pretty much impossible for anyone i know to believe where i came from.

Yes. Not all rednecks are that fucked up. Most of us keep clean yards and have a good family life. We can laugh at the worst of ourselves, though.

5 boring snoozefests of pointless action and convoluted plots all riding on the one funny moment at the very beginning of the first one

literally fell asleep last time I saw one of these

The scene where he looks down his scope at the kid is great, shame about the rest of the movie.

bullshit. It's pretty much the perfect movie for TV because every scene has something memorable in it so it doesn't matter when you tune in to it

Only saw the first one. Thought it was good but nothing special.
Just a bunch of sword fights.

I hope pic isn't related. If there was a scene Deliverance is known for it's definitely not that one

Yeah, the filmmakers hate the South so much that the protagonists are all Southerners, as is the author who wrote the book that it's based on

it's just that the movie is only known because of the rape scene that broke a lot of taboos during the time it came out. a movie that's only known because of one scene like that is edgy for me, irreversible is a similiar example. that doesn't necessarily mean that i don't like the film though. it just feels that the director tried a bit too hard to shock the viewer while the rest of the film falls flat. i have the same problem with irreversible.
even midnight cowboy didn't show jon voight being raped that explicitly as it relied more on the narrative instead of shock factors...

the one mars movie with tom sizemore...red planet i think? anyway theres a part where carrie ann moss has to save this dude and she jumps out of the space station on a tether...that whole sequence was LEGIT.

Not only that, but the resentment the rednecks have for the city folk is because they're gonna flood the place where they live and hunt in order to make a dam to provide energy for the big cities. And then, the city folks exact revenge by killing somebody that they don't even know if it's actually the same guy that raped Beatty or not.

But that's the most important plot point of the movie (and the novel). The rape is what break the supposedly "civilised" city people. You need to feel repulsed by it, in order to sympathize with how the characters are feeling. And it isn't even that explicit or unnecessarily long as Irreversible. A lot of the scene was actually seeing the reactions on the other characters rather than the rape itself. It just seems more gruesome than it is because it's well done, and uncomfortable in the right way.
Irreversible is just shocking bait with little value.

Poor Ned Beatty. He can play Rudy's dad all he wants but when we look at him all we see is him getting rammed in the woods

My exact thoughts, shit just felt like an Avengers spinoff movie instead of a good CA movie like the other two.
It's a shame really, they should have just made that garbage it's own separate title instead of ruining the Captain America brand.

>not liking the Barbossa scenes
Pleb as fuck, that guy felt like the most real pirate ever.

They needed to one-up BvS. And Snyder made it too easy for them, so they think it was the right move. Prepare for more cluttered bullshit in every single "solo" film, as the Thor and Spider-Man movies show.

>plebeian: first half
>patrician: second half

M8 you ever meet one? Most of them are fine damn people, definitely weirdos out there, but most of them are great.

Well, the twist was what made the first one great, and why all other saw movies are crap, on what number they are now? 5-6?

The 8th comes out this year.

>plebeian: splitting the film
>patrician: appreciating both parts and the greater whole

The Cajuns did nothing wrong at all, they were entirely justified and the National Guard did everything they could have done wrong wrong.

Just because the last two alive didn't fuck up doesn't mean the Cajuns weren't in the right to try and kill them, because they would've ratted on the Cajuns defending themselves.

That said I did want those two to make it out.

literally every scene in this movie is one of those scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=uxhB4wBTrVM

sorry but the pest is pure kino

Kek

You could cut the tension with a burp once they dropped that on him.

good post

Bad post

It's true
I rewatched it recently and as amazing as the highway scene is, the rest of the movie is absurdly bad

you didn't even get the main scene right you faggot.

This. The majority of the movie was shit

Hey neat, I just had to look up a picture of this exact scene like 3 minutes ago for a completely unrelated thread on a different board.

What scene from this is classed as "good"? Is it Hawkeye's house scene?

>the rest of the movie is absurdly bad
Imagine actually being this wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=4puUo4OYViE

>considered good
By whom?
>because of one scene
Which one?

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

>implying any scene with Animal Mother wasn't memorable

>tfw this movie was so testosterone pumping that afterwards I won a teddy bear from the crane game just so I could rip its head off and mount it on my car's antennae.
High school was fun and stupid.

Read this, famodactyl.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge

Lefty media kikes made a coordinated effort to character-assassinate the south, starting in the 70s.

Fuck, that scene is pure Kino and so is the rest of the movie.

>tfw that scene is the only part of the movie I've seen, but know it word for word

Yeah these are all garbage

This movie could've literally lasted the first 10 minutes because everything after that is absolutely pointless and boring.

>Constructing the Crucifix-shotgun
>Smashing the vial on his chest to leave Hell
>The ritual he puts whatsherfuck through to show her Hell
>Not like this
>Gorb getting jealous of God accepting Constantine's soul so he cures his cancer
>Hobo Demon
This movie was pretty memorable. Like it or not. I liked it

Lol at whoever posted American Sniper. That movie along with Lone Survivor are full of shit and just MURICA spouting bullshit.

Chris Kyle was a stupid psychopath who bragged about shooting Iraqis and made up a lot of his kills.

Then there's Marcus from Lone Survivor. That movie is a complete cluster fuck and literally 90% of it never happened. He never even fired his weapon and tried to have Gulab deported because he wouldn't go with his bullshit story for the movie once Gulab called him out on it. The mission commander, villagers and even the Taliban have all confirmed not one single Taliban body was ever found on the mountain.

They were gunned down by a few Taliban on the mountain who tracked them through foot movements and from how fucking loud they were being.

> everything is said cryptically - the movie