what movies best capture loneliness and isolation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgQfXXVolwE
youtube.com/watch?v=FAa8L_-hsEw
youtube.com/watch?v=fAPNYXVlcUs
youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE
youtube.com/watch?v=SPNke7g20js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was gonna say "your home videos" but that would imply somebody actually cared enough about you to make any

The guy was a chad and a fucking normie. Fuck him

this movie was pure kino

Damn...

nigga my parents got loads of VHS tapes of me stop projecting yourself onto others

dunno whats this movie about, but pretty sure he fucked bitches all the time and was a turbonormie.

Thanks I won't watch this garbage

The Hunt, in a weird way

Seconded, though the main character wasn't lonely at all before the accusation.

Lost in Translation

There was this movie that I thought it might, this awkward guy going to work in a Luna Park, turns out that his biggest problem his choosing between which of these 2 hot ladies he should fuck.

Manchester by the Sea is nice.

>BAAAW IM RICH AND I DONT HAVE PROBLEMS SO I HAVE TO INVENT THEM OUT OF BOREDOM. OH AND ILL GIVE BLUE BALLS TO THIS OLD FELLOW JUST BECAUSE LOL
fuck that movie.

Her, Mary and Max, and Taxi Driver were the first that came to mind.

Taxi Driver

>You made a mistake, Lee. We're not gonna crucify you for it.

is there a movie with a realistic depiction of loneliness? i mean not some chad that fucks 10/10 and then cries himself into depression (like all the "loner" meme from hollywood), but about some that has no contact with humanity and faps compulsively and has retarded hobbies. is there anything like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=mgQfXXVolwE

Under the Skin
3-Iron
Big Fan

>i have no idea what i'm talking about but i'll post anyway
he was a heroin addict

You can tell by the syntax that this post was made by a homosexual or woman.

>wow the addiction of rockstars! truly someone i can relate.
heroin addicts have lots of sex, not an isolated loner by any chance.

Is hating Lost in Translation the most pathetic opinion in existence? It's overrated sure but it seems like people hate it because they automatically despise people in better situations than them out of jealousy and decide they can't have feelings. God tier atmosphere and soundtrack

>it's impossible to be lonely or sad if you have money and sex
i wonder what it's like to be this disassociated from reality

true. they are only ones insensitive enough to joke with such matters just for a couple (you)s.

I doubt it. A movie about your typical 4channer would be either too boring or too depressing to the average viewer

There's a reason why even characters like Elliot in Mr Robot get their dick wet to cute girls. Sex sells. Charming friends sell. We don't

Une homme qui dort

>WAAAAH TOO MUCH MONEY WAAAH DEPRESSION HERE WE GO, BUT WITH A COOL VISTA FROM A 150 STORY SKYCRAPPER OK ;)

I Stand Alone
The Man Who Sleeps
The Tenant
Repulsion

it's almost as if that user knows what true isolation and loneliness is, to the point where he HAS become disassociated from reality. Now fuck off you normie faggot. Being a mysterious loner with faux problems is only fashionable to you and your kind, to others it's life destroying.

>WAHH TOO MUCH SEX

>it's almost as if that user knows what true isolation and loneliness is, to the point where he HAS become disassociated from reality.
Circular logic. Try again, you retarded cocksucker.

I think you're joking, but on off chance you're serious then that's a pretty juvenile and needlessly contrarian way of thinking about LiT and melancholy in general

How is that circular logic you fucking idiot? Kill yourself.

but there are heaps of movies, im not talking only hollywood here. there must be some sort of movie like that somewhere.

This

nah, you're just some over privileged normie faggot who so desperately wants to have a complex personality that includes woe is me bullshit but you can't actually relate on a real level to what that's like because as I said, you're an over privileged normie faggot. Maybe tumblr is more your speed.

Manchester

Paris, Texas

anyone that felt related to the story and characters in lost in translation is a massive and vapid aspirational faggot, because these werent people with better luck or a bit more money than the rest of the world, they were fucking millionaires with no problems besides having too much money.

Happiness
youtube.com/watch?v=FAa8L_-hsEw

I stand alone:
youtube.com/watch?v=fAPNYXVlcUs

This one right here.

Good argument point. Can I use it against my professor during the next lecture?

the amount of projection coming from you is pathetic. you didn't get the movie, just move on and stop making an ass of yourself.

My biopic t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE

"The Mummy" the original. All he wanted was to get his woman back.

Moon. youtube.com/watch?v=SPNke7g20js

Just watch the original lad

literally me: the character

delete this

Be my guest.

ER kino when?!

excellent movie

Absolutely not. What a hamfisted piece of shit that goes nowhere. i can't believe I wasted 2+ hours on this pice of shit. It's as if the writer said "hey let's just make a really sad movie - like really sad....but let's not write a decent script for it..."

detachment