What the fuck was this about?

What the fuck was this about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8a9X57xv6vo?t=45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's up to your interpretation. I'll just say that Christian imagery is prevalent and at the end it zooms out so show a huge boat (ark) capsized.

The existential crisis one faces when they lose their faith in christianity and their subsequent world view collapses.

If you want to take away all of the religious undertones, you could just see it as a story of ghosts of a forgotten world trying to remember that they were forgotten But the director was a fervent believer of christianity and he was going though a dire situation that was making him question his faith while working on this movie, it would be silly to ignore the connections.

It's a criticism of the Japanese fishing industry.

truly patrician movie

what is it?

Tenshi no Toboggan

angel's egg 1985

Persona 4 "final" boss

Monsters vs Aliens

nobody knows, not even Oshii

fuck you guys

Angel egg

Would you crack her egg?

Of course the egg was empty and long since dead.

Why are the nips so good at capturing the horor and epic scope of christian mythology?
When we see the room with the fossils in the ark with the haunting choir it makes me piss my pants. Is this a result of a literal reading of the old testament from a non-european perspective where the rougher passages have not been softened by early schooling and reading children's book version of Noah's ark and shit?

youtu.be/8a9X57xv6vo?t=45s

Is he RIGHT?

yes

>masterpiece
yes

The hottest new meme show
Why is this making the rounds all of a sudden?
A friend of mine heard about it through her anime club in norpsville and a couple weeks later it starts popping up on Sup Forums
Anime only does that when it's fucking Princess Mononoke or Akira

I'm sure we're looking at primo material here but fuck me i thought i had been given something SPECIAL

>ANGEL EGGS ARE IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

>s this a result of a literal reading of the old testament from a non-european perspective where the rougher passages have not been softened by early schooling and reading children's book version of Noah's ark and shit?

Definitely
And the torturing and execution of early japanese christians
they've gotta be more cynical about it than anything

of fucking course
here we go

now it's going to go straight from "i never heard about it" to "THIS IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER" simply because it's rare

>EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME
>AN WE GON MAKE YOU LOSE YA MIND
>WE JUST WANNA SEE YOU
>HATCH THAT

I watched this over a year ago and I don't remember. I just remember it being really weird and bleak.

Also, I remember a lot of people had it in their 3x3s.