Season finale tonight, and last episode with Erlich...

Season finale tonight, and last episode with Erlich, so basically this will be the episode in the future we'll be able to pinpoint the show definitevly going to shit.

What seemingly disastrous, series-changing event will happen tonight, only to again get resolved by the end of the episode as always? Who will want to make Richard rich in this episode only to have Richard again turn more funding down?

Will we get to hear the asian guy talk with a funny asian accent?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tj-miller-says-leaving-silicon-valley-was-like-a-breakup-1016573?utm_source=twitter
youtube.com/watch?v=W_DSOnOQnuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I got wait to see them experience short-lived success before it's snatched away in another awesome cliffhanger!
Too bad Erlich is leaving and not that faggot Richard

Also, with Monica and Laurie finally french kiss and press their breasts together?

it had better have a better scene than pic related

Some Asian what I assumed was her boyfriend told me I looked like the main character of this show. Did she want me to cuck him?

Asian girl*

Some Asian girl that you assumed was her own boyfriend?

it's finally the smug liberals time to shine

I'm drunk and tired sorry. I mean she said it to me while at a store and she was with a guy I assume was her boyfriend.

Is this season any good? I stopped watching after last season.

This season has only had about 2 good episodes. The quality has taken a nosedive and with Erlich leaving the future of the show doesn't look too bright.

I binged this show until I caught up to the latest season and immediately dropped it, stopped giving a shit when TJ Miller was leaving because by season 3 he was the only reason I was still watching.
I haven't watched since Erlich tried to burn himself alive and I don't give a shit about this show now. What happened to Mike Judge?

ahhahaha hahahahah

I think the problem is people came into the show thinking there would be some level of progression before the series finale

WHERE IS YOUR GROWN UP?

ARE YOU ALONE?

ARE YOU SOME KIND OF TINY BUSINESSMAN, SIR?

>What happened to Mike Judge?
He should have stuck to anime. It's all he knows.

Tonight's episode was a much needed reprieve to comfy-town after I was Lynched.

>You little hottie
directed at a child

What did he mean by this?

Awful season. Mike Judge plateauing after 1 season continues. I miss SNF, nothing but shit on on Sunday nights

I hope IRL Middleditch kills himself, and Kumail's career is skyrocketed into the cosmos to be among the Hollywood stars.

But mostly, I hope Richard kills himself.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tj-miller-says-leaving-silicon-valley-was-like-a-breakup-1016573?utm_source=twitter

seems like tj miller didn't get along with alec berg

TJ is that fat class clown that can't stand to not be the center of attention. He thought that that automatically granted him alpha status over everyone else. But then gets BTFO and turns into a crybaby when he realizes the laughs he was getting was just polite reciprocation and not actual adulation and that he's not seen as the leader.

>"I’m making comedy for people to laugh because their life is essentially tragic."

just imagine when TJ Miller's coke binge ends...

well this was fun

pirates where the fuck is my episode

WHY IS ROBERT'S FOREARM SO LONG?

wait is erlich really going or is this a fake out to set up a future peter Gregory vs gavin type rivalry that was hinted at in the first season

There were multiple copies of WEB before actual episode ended and there are even more now. Even a couple 1080
Stop being clinically retarded

Gavin paid for 5 years of Erlich being an opium addict, so I think that's a hint that he'll reappear in season 9.

he has announced he is leaving the show (see this post for a detailed interview ) and this is actually how they wrote off his character

>erlich is smoking opium for the next 5 years in tibet

he's leaving the show brah, he was written off in a shitty way and won't be returning heh

>episodes 7-10
barfingknight.jpg

seriously this season gave me such hope as a return to form that they had finally freed themselves of the gavin/peter saga that got fucked up by an untimely death.

shoulda known I was gonna get cucked

I got the impression that they thought they were so big they were definitely going to get many more seasons, and put 0 effort, and ultimately fucked themselves over with this weak ass shit

Richard is a meek, lanky awkward-fag. Go to sleep richard you're drunk.

still upset.

Why are they so good at hypothetically jerking guys off?

What was the point of Gilfoyle's eyes?

It was funny.

u don't no comedy sweetie

lrn sum funny then we'll talk

anybody catch veep after?

TJ Miller was never funny nor was he ever the center of this show. His departure is not a huge loss.

I do feel bad for him though. They basically just threw his ass off the show in an almost insulting manner. Jin Yang chucking his bags on the curb at the air port was almost symbolic of the writers and producers saying "get the fuck out of here." And then they added insult to injury by making him a worthless opium addict.

Someone really wanted him off this show

lol who the fuck even watches veep . that's just a money laundering job, nobody watches it

>Richard & co get saved by another last minute asspull
>Gavin back as Hooli CEO
>he is going to compete against PP again
Jesus, other than Erlich getting written out of the show they might as well be in the same spot at the end of S1

youtube.com/watch?v=W_DSOnOQnuk
idk i chuckled at this

soooooo.....
Pied Piper is now a botnet?

>What seemingly disastrous, series-changing event will happen tonight, only to again get resolved by the end of the episode as always? Who will want to make Richard rich in this episode only to have Richard again turn more funding down?
Just finished the episode and both of these things happened, good job!

i don't get how people would be okay with their smart fridge not functioning and just saying 'SUCK IT JIN YANG' with the mime doing a cocksuck gesture

especially the scene in the store with all the fridges showing the same thing, wouldn't they reset the fridges or contact whoever makes the software for it?

they acted like melcher's data is totally fine but if it's on a bunch of smart fridges, the data can be patched out in no time

IOT botnets are a regular star on the podcast Security Now.
The amazing thing about IOT devices, is that for the most part, people just dont fucking care.
Granted, a mime doing a cocksuck with SUCK IT JIN YANG would bother people, that being well over the top. But im sure the Asspull for next season will be

>maker of smart fridge patches out the software
>Gilfoyle by then has inserted the code into every IOT device imaginable.
>Light bulbs, watches, thermostats, electrical outlets, fans, cars, alarm systems, UPS backup arrays, garage door openers, CCTV systems, door bells, mail boxes, car tires, etc.

the suck in jin yang software only being a macguffin to buy them more time to write the code to be a botnet.

How much free storage does a smart fridge has? I think it's less than 1GB, so that's what a few terabyte of data combined?
Also when the manufacturer sees the video they will purge it.

Same problem, most IOT devices have a few megabyte of storage and most of it is used already.

>most of it is used already

doubt it.

Since storage is beyond stupid levels of cheap, im pretty sure most manufactures put in 8-64 GB of flash memory just to account for the occasional memory leak or random bullshit the device might encounter.

A common complain already is that firmware is not even being updated after a year meaning that the initial code written is total garbage which would require more space to apologize for the shit code.

Really meh finale

and don't know who picked this for TJ Miller's sendoff

remember he has a revolutionary compression algorithm is suppose to minimize storage demand so 1 GB isn't that small i think

>Veep will probably end with Jonah becoming president

>the podcast Security Now
Subscribed.
What are the best episodes to listen to first?

you guys made me interested in finding out what specs smart fridges have, but am i correct in assessing they don't release specs for smart fridges the way they do for tablets/phones/PCs?

the samsung family hub smart fridge (costs like $5k) doesnt have any specs i could easily/quickly find on google, but it basically has a tablet integrated into the fridge
it has so much useless shit for a fridge, so i don't find it hard to believe they have a ton of storage and maybe many of it unused

IOT devices generate data but they don't store it.
Also for a 10$ device 10$ storage is unnecessary. Yeah sure there are a few expensive ones out, but people don't buy them in large quantities. The cheap arduino/esp based ones are the popular

>Just finished the episode and both of these things happened, good job!
I mean, it wasn't hard to predict. That's the format.

>that Gilfoyle laugh when he realize his fridge hack saved the data

it was funny because he is satanist and non-Christians are stereotypically not happy

LOL BRAVO JUDGE

>What are the best episodes to listen to first?
literally, all of them.

but for the most recent of OMG THE INTERNET IS SCARY shows, i'd start around 580

>$10 storage

pretty sure when you buy in bulk along the magnitute of hundreds of thousands 8GB chips, the price is probably along the lines of

Gilfoyle has been lost in the background lately but he was really good in this episode

Noob here, which season should I stop at?

Whenever you stop liking the show.

lol 4-eyes sitcom trope

he's not a 4-eyes, he's a contact-eyes lol

comedy right prove me wrong

>And then the people that don’t are like stupid f—king websites like TV Over Mind or something, and they’re putting forth very reasonable, well-written logic for why this is so dumb and the only thing I’ll ever be good at was this part in Silicon Valley.” Yet none of them have seen Yogi Bear 3D, so they’re all talking and chit-chattering and squawk, squawk, squawk — but none of them have seen Yogi Bear 3D. So they don’t know that I’ve already done the best thing that I’ll ever do. And because of that, there is no fear about any move in Hollywood for me. I’m just on the downslope. This is all a downward spiral, career-wise.

>Yogi Bear 3D is the best thing T.J. Miller has ever done and ever will do

I'm sorry I don't understand, could you rephrase that?

that's obviously a joke

No shit. No wonder he mentions it every fucking time he's in front of a camera.

Yeah, but still why would they put storage in IOT?
It's function is to send sensor data to the server and receive instructions from the server.

laughed harder at this than i have at anything in veep

disgusted they are shitting on the greatness that was the thick of it with that americanized trash

How does this season compare with previous ones?

2 > 1 > 3 > 4

because with the consumer's increasing appitite for all things connected, manufacterers dont care about being efficient or putting out devicers that have been properly engineered. as someone already pointed out, smart fridges basically have a tablet glued onto the door. and with tablets being able to be picked up for under $100, i dont see the incentive for a fridge maker to request a special made, proprietary tablet that would cost them thousands in R&D when they can just write some garbage program in a week.
its not that they are putting storage on them, its that they cant be bothered to remove the storage already on it.

its like missiles. There is a running gag at Raytheon that they just double the RAM instead of fixing the memory leak because the missile will be destroyed before the leak becomes an issue. and to re-write the program to fix the leak would cost more than it is to just double the RAM

Don't care if TJ Miller stays or goes he's always been at best mediocre in whatever he does. Show is garbage.Only reason to even think about the show is that there might be nothing else airing on a Sunday night.

he does a better seth rogen stoner cunt character

I do hate seth rogen much more than I hate miller. can't argue with that.

They probably literally throw AT LEAST 64GB in those things, maybe 128. Samsung can literally shit out 64GB SD cards for pennies, there is no reason not to leave a lot of extra space for future adware.

DUDE WEED LMAO

This dude thinks he's greater than he really is. Jesus Christ.

I don't buy it. From a manufacturing perspective it's so easy to put an android tablet together from parts why wouldn't they be able to control the amount of ram. It's like your imagining their buying them boxed of off shelves in a pc-world. They don't, they probably call up some company and have them throw together the parts straight from the manufacturer, and I'll bet they do it as cheaply as possible since they're real businesses and the difference really just comes down to a phonecall where you tell the guy to get 1gb of ram and he goes and buys it.

>they’re putting forth very reasonable, well-written logic for why this is so dumb and the only thing I’ll ever be good at was this part in Silicon Valley

holy shit TJ read my posts here

why did dinish leave his gf again?
>like 2 episodes centured around him being roney
>finally get one
>put her in jail

i dont think he was implying they are going to best buy and buying up cases of galaxies.

its just that flash storage is so cheap that the savings from using 1GB of flash over 32GB of flash is so small that even over the sale of 500,000 units, that saving would never even be realized.

also, what fab is going to dedicate resources to manufacturing 1GB chips anymore? it probably costs the same to make 1GB chip as it does a 32GB chip, so why go out of their way on purpose to take up resources and make a chip that would likely cost more in the long run due to productivity lost?

like most things in computing, at some point it costs MORE to make the older stuff because the fab is not tooled for it.

>want gf
>get gf
>realize having gf is pain in the ass
>no longer want gf
>time passes
>want gf
>repeat cycle

it happens user

>so basically this will be the episode in the future we'll be able to pinpoint the show definitevly going to shit.
Elrich did next to nothing the entire season. He barely showed up in the last 5 eps.

And honestly, this season went downhill fast after episode 3, where richard starts to work with Gavin, a great idea that they almost immediately got rid of. Episode 6, where Richard literally cucks Melchur, is the first episode in the entire show I actually considered bad. Then with the Patient Troll and VR follow up immediately after, it was really obvious season 4 was going to be poor at best.

Miller leaving has nothing to do with quality decline, the writing just went to shit.

she was saying YOU look like a cuck, you retard

I read that all

That's as close as you're gonna get to a manic episode

You can say all of it is pretty close to being logical, but that much long winded scattered thinking is so characteristic of a manic episode

he caught her pooing in the loo

>The last time Richard saw Gavin he was saying goodbye old friend, and enjoy my patent
>The next time Richard sees Gavin he refuses his offer because he just thinks fuck you

Richards becoming Zuckerburg right? Like it started with the hoodies but now hes gone full evil autism?

We're gonna see Richard sitting with that old cunt and that old cuntess infront of a bunch of nerds next season like when Mark sweated through his baby boy clothes.

Miller's incredibly bizarre interview confirms that he was fired from the show for being a tremendous asshole. My dad actually works for Nintendo; he cost the production literal millions by showing up too high to act or failing to show up at all.

fuck this show. and fuck this terrorist.

Gavin was fucking Richard again and again.
There is nothing that would suggest Gavin changed in that regard, so is absolutely right to refuse it.

On the Season as a whole, I'd say it started of stronger than season 3 but the last 3 or 4 episodes where quite weak.
It still gets a few good laughs out of me so I still consider it good show.

>There is nothing that would suggest Gavin changed in that regard, so is absolutely right to refuse it.

THE PART WHERE HE GAVE HIM, FOR FREE, A PATENT THAT IS INVALUABLE AND NECESSARY FOR RICHARD TO SUCCEED

ITS LIKE GIVING YOU 100 BILLION DOLLARS

him giving it was a mistake he made under the delusion that he was giving up status and material wealth in pursuit of attaining higher consciousness. when the monk gives him the choice of "enlightenment or ignorance" he chose ignorance. he was then, with richard, trying to take back his gesture of giving the patent, to fix his mistake. he didn't change, that's the whole point. idiot.

yeah youre a real fucking idiot

no. all richard saw in gavin was an unstable man siphoned blood out of youth who was not entirely dependable. he had already worked with gavin in multiple capacities and it never worked out well. even if gavin HAD changed, which we know he hasn't as I've already laid out, richard is STILL best served going with someone else, and letting gavin suffer and learn his lesson from it, or crash and burn trying to take him down.

>you're drinking in the club when these girls slap your arse and say 'Haway, pet, yeez propa lush. Wor fannies is well clarty at the sight of ye, man. Do yaz wanna tek uz doon t'netty an shag?"

Bear in mind that she's 5'3", 120lbs, and only fucks footballers. How do you respond?