This is a masterpiece

This is a masterpiece

Another flick to meme about

>Drive for Generation Z faglings

Seems like total shit.

top kek
Drive is already for Gen Z faglings

It's legitimately a better musical than La La Land.

Thirty song soundtrack

only one good song

Is this the "Boss Baby" sequel?

torrent pls

>a guy drives a car therefore it's like Drive

It borrows more from Point Break and True Romance than Drive, my man.

Made by a manchild for manchildren

Don't give a fuck about this flick

Get real fagling lol

Drive came out in 2011. I bet you weren't even on Sup Forums at the time.

Yet here you are posting in a thread about it

>Jaime Foxx

no thanks

>Drive came out in 2011
Yeah and it's people who first saw it when they were 15 or 16 (Gen Z) are the ones obsessed with it. Edgar Wright appeals to the same audience.

This is literally Drive: Reddit Edition. The only people who like this are the same millennials who think that Scott Pilgrim is a masterpiece.

Edgar Wright has had a big fan base since Shaun of the Dead (2004) and before that he was big in the UK because of Spaced.

Fucking turbopleb.

Why do people suck Edgar Wright's dick so hard when he is just a poor man's James Gunn?

kill yourself faggot, Jamie Foxx is based as fuck

Because he makes better movies than Gunn

That's a numale response and you know it, fag

>2011: Drive
>2014: Nightcrawler
>2017: Baby Driver
>2020: ??????????
What will the autist driver kino of 2020 be about?

>came out yesterday by me
>out of theaters come Friday
What the fuck?
I wanted to see it but it's only out for three days.

nightcrawler doesn't belong in the company of these other films because
1. it's an inferior flick
2. the main is a sociopath, not an aspie

if you think this is exaggarated and bad acting you have never gone out with a woman before

Boss Baby 3

Starring a feminized white beta male.

He's actually not that big in the UK, it's actually pretty small

It's the only image I have of someone shrugging like "what the fuck?"

Drive is Reddit you fucking dope.

Despite being a full-on action movie, it felt 'slower' than Wright's other movies -- there was a lot of clever stuff, but it always kind of showed you everything twice to make sure you got it, which ended up stepping on the effect of some of the action/emotional beats. Like, the surprise gore or having the bad guys show up at the diner works once, but the next time they happened it didn't feel like an escalation.

Also spacey becoming a good guy out of nowhere was sort of dumb and I really didn't like that the final big car chase is them going 5mph in a dark cgi parking garage.

In general, I dunno if the slightly more serious tone suits Wright. I usually really enjoy his just-so compositions and timing, but here they felt unconfident, like the action and characters couldn't speak for themselves.

Drive, Baby Driver and Boss Baby all take place in the same cinematic universe.

thats still one more than a functioning sane person

At least Gunn knows that there are things other than MUH VISUALS in a movie.

>Drive: Reddit Edition
No thanks.

What makes the concept of an autistic driver so marketable?

>Drive isn't reddit

live action Wacky Races remake

too many people like it

Well put, I agree

>Alec Baldwin
>Jamie Foxx
No thanks

No.

This. Drive is Reddit as fuck.

He's right, user. This movie and Drive have almost nothing in common.

>No Fury Road
>But it doesn't count cuz muh feminism/sjw!

Furiousa and max were total autists and you guys know it.

Yeah everyone has heard of Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz but Edgar Wright means nothing to most people.

is this the era of babbykino?

Totally different aesthetic. Drive and Nightcrawler both have that seedy underbelly of Los Angeles thing going on.

Shills are in full force early for this one

They need more diversity on the cover. Looks suspiciously white for 2017.

>inferior
shit taste

I don't understand it. The film looks pedestrian and boring as hell. Is there anything unique or of merit in this film other than it being an Edgar Wright flick?

The poster has more style and verve than any trailer or footage seemed to

You're new here, I see

why does literally everything that gets released make you cry?

Pedestrian?

>I dont get it.
>A movie by a guy who has made only good movies
>that is widely regarded as the best comedy director currently working
>that has unanimous critical reception
>that has unanimous audience reception
>and that is a mid-budget flick about heists instead of a giant cgi dumpster fire.

What i don't understand are the shills against this movie. I'm looking forward to it because its an original IP that's not big budget and probably a good action comedy crime movie.

This is the chemo for transformers.

But there's way too much fucking cancer in this thread. Everything is reddit or its not or its newfag or its shilling etc etc

Jesus Christ, really?

>Pedestrian
Dull, or boring, pal.

what an upvote worthy flick!

Driveposting was a fun meme that shouldn't have died out. It was better than Baneposting by far. That said, Drive is extremely Reddit.

this wouldn't be as half as cringeworthy as it is if she actually said anything the second time she looks at him
nah
>autistic title
>smugly autistic main character
>kevin spacey again as the guy that sets up the crime
>the actor playing the protagonist

Get your thoughtful analysis out of here, fag

>>the actor playing the protagonist
I haven't seen it yet but from the trailers he looks pretty cute. I'd probably scramble his eggs if I was left alone in a room with him.

Pleb.

if it's autistic then it should be Sup Forums movie of the year

is nightcrawler any good?
not the same guy but what makes jamie foxx based?

Instant reddit core classic along with GoTG and Deadpool

>has only made good movies

Shaun of the Dead is good. Hot Fuzz is brilliant. Scott Pilgrim hasn't aged well and is cringy as fuck. The World's End is stupid. His Daft Punk music video is a mess

>best comedy director

Not a comedy

>unanimous critical reception

Who gives a fuck except internet faggots. Bad reviews dont stop movies from making a lot of money and good reviews dont mean a movie makes any money

>unanimous audience reception

Yeah so did Scott Pilgrim in Hall H and then it made no money theatrically

>Mid budget flick

Yeah it shows.

Why is it whenever someone asks a simple question about "whether or not I should see X" it triggers autists into screaming everyone is a shill? Why do you mold your fucking identity around the next tryhard "nothing personal kid" cool movie that comes out?

>Alec Baldwin
Get out

>Sup Forums thinks it'll succeed
>it made only $2millions yesterday
It's dead. Sup Forums is always wrong, stop doing this to movies you want to be big.

Why do people here hate Scott Pilgrim so much. It was really fun and refreshing. You have to be really stuck up to think it was too edgy or reddit or whatever your excuse it.

>2020: NIGHTBABY

Nightcrawler is better than Drive. You heard me.

>you've lived to see agelets have hipster feuds over things that came out in 2011 somehow being different from things out now

Drive was their 9/11

>2020: Drumpf driver(the tale of impeachment & how Drumpf tries to run from it)

It's going to blow out Transformers and be the #1 movie this weekend. That's impressive for a little non franchise movie opening right before 4th of July.

Wild at Heart remake

>This is a masterpiece

Sup Forums always loses.

EDIT: nevermind I didn't know more minions bullshit was opening up on Friday.

>It's going to blow out Transformers and be the #1 movie this weekend.
Kek. Sup Forums thought WW will bomb too

>Edgar Wrong

Not even once

>muh Cornetto xD

It'll be a solid #2 between DM3 and Transformers and become a sleeper hit with at least $100M box office. If Get Out and Split can do it, so can this kino.

...I don't get it, could you explain?

fidget spinners too while you're at it, I feel they're soem sort of autistic prank but on a global scale, what are they about?

I don't know what this is

just a stolen idea dumbed down for kids

this, nothing wrong with that and only box office autists would disagree

>muh hundred gorillions xD

Do they talk about the kid's car in this kino? I have the same car and want to know what mods he's running. Also is there a lot of vaping, because it will ruin my immersion if the driver isn't a vape aficionado

>eah and it's people who first saw it when they were 15 or 16 (Gen Z) are the ones obsessed with it
But Sup Forums was one of the oldest boards back in 2011

you know what this is, user

LMFAO frogs?

finally someone fucking said it

> everyone starts screaming shills

Look at the thread. More retards are screaming REDDIT!!!!!1 than anything else

Just got back from watching it (gonna post spoilers to prove). It might be the most forgettable edgar wright film by far. Baby honestly has like zero charasima even with him being forced on the audience with his shitty singalong parts. Literally could not give a single shit about him and most of the musical parts were just painful in general.

At least there are nice waifus in the movie.

Actual Spoilers: He goes to prison, she sends him pictures of her driving about. He hangs up a route 66 postcard

This board starts screaming "shills" is what he meant I think

Just got back from a Leicester Square viewing. Was pretty good all around, quality soundtrack synchronisation.
Obviously Baby was a bit dead as a character, but that's the entire point -that he's traumatised so much by both the childhood accident and his tinnitus that he's essentially mute. That makes it all the better when Debora comes in.

Won't deny it dropped the ball a little in the last act though.

Scott Pilgrim isn't a very good movie, man. It's a pretty vapid flick that coasts on its visuals

Saw it today, pretty solid though the last act is dumb as fuck and the situation that sparks it only happens because Baby is a true autist that can't stand Jamie Foxx.
8/10, can't wait to kill myself when a blu-ray rip gets leaked and redditfags slap Deja Vu on some scenes and upload them to youtube

wrong