Why do you British audiences dislike John Oliver so much? Like...

Why do you British audiences dislike John Oliver so much? Like, literally EVERY British person talks shit about him here on Sup Forums.

Is it simply because he's British and reporting American news? Or maybe you are just to ignorant to see through his points.

In my opinion John Oliver is underrated and hilarious as FUCK as a Television personality.

>youtube.com/watch?v=BcR_Wg42dv8&t=886s

DUDE

WEED

HEHE

he's just a dickhead
it wouldn't matter if he was saying things I agreed with I still wouldn't like the smug little wankstain

He's an establishment hack who's incapable of criticizing the DNC where it's deserved. Most of John Stewart's flunkies are shit.

He bailed on his country to go tell the US how it is, same reasons aussies shit on Jim Jefferies.

Both have their good moments IMO

BEADY

john oliver is so fucking stupid I use him as a litmus test for retarded normie faggots I don't want to deal with.

>I have already cut off my own brother and his non-white wife

"sick ass leather jeckets with tigers on them"
LOL!

The fact that everyone is always talking about Oliver and I literally see nothing ever about Trevor and the Daily Show says alot

You sound like a huge faggot

Agreed op, it's current year for fuck's sakr

Johh Oliver is so X it makes Y look like Z. Get out of there Y, you don't look like a Z! I mean c'mon!

Imagine being paid real shekels to do nothing but post shit like this on an anonymous television and film discussion board

The new daily show isn't even mildly amusing. I don't know if its ratings are ok, but I assume they want to replace that guy as soon as they can get away with not being called racist for doing so

He sounds like a twat.

You take all our unwanted 'comedians' because you like their soft, babyish, spoonfeeding comedic style. We didn't want them because they were annoying people and too simplistic. We like our comedians to toe the line, take risks and not take the obvious low hanging fruit that James Cordon and this cunt do, although laughably they seem to take great effort in doing so.

>you sound like a huge faggot
do you like john oliver in any capacity?
because I am sure I can say the same for you

fuck you trevor noah is almost worse, I don't know they are both dumb liberal shitheads on a jew's tight leesh

He's a snivelling cunt.

kek

This cunt is next

underrated? he's very highly rated, just how much do you admire him?

Enough to listen to some very strong points he has about Marijuana in the video.

How highly do you rate him user?

It's the CURRENT YEAR and he's still not deported, WHY?

american here, he's a smug, condescending, low-rent john stewart, whose entire schtick is that his accent gives him a tone of authority here

Only the fucking social outcasts are here on this site, mate.
Are you fucking dumb?

>he hates the New York Yankees
Fucking pleb faggot
I hate him even more now

Sup Forums isn't a good sample for the general population of a country

>Why do you British audiences dislike John Oliver so much?
because he reminds them of themselves and they don't like what they see. every brit I've ever had the misfortune of meeting or even seeing on the internet act exactly the same as him

Underrated

I don't know who John Oliver is

He married some Air Cav whore so he's basically stuck in your country now.

>establishment hack
Do you mean someone who worked their way through the industry? There is a lot to criticize about him, but that's not it

speaking of cunts, when are finally you going to take him?

he isn't particularly well known in the uk, bar a few appearances on panel shows he hadn't really done anything popular to stand out before he jumped ship to america. which was the right move, if he stayed here his career wouldn't be close to where it is now.

the bugle podcast with andy zaltzman was and still is the best thing he's been a part of, but again not that well known.

I don't think marrying exempts you from facing punishment for breaking the law

Americans don't even like him

James Cordon is the true cunt. I remember him presenting the Brit awards or something of the like after Madonna had gotten out of a long term relationship. She had gone to the event to relax, but he went up to her to do one of his 'hilarious' moments about her being 'up for grabs' and it was dreadfully cringy and awkward. Can't stand him.

The only thing I've seen him in is a clip of him talking about Donald Trump standing for President. Came off as an arrogant, smug prick who's only marketable asset appears to be his 'british' accent, so he attracts the 'lol I love BRITISH people!' American audience.

he was on mock the week a few times, like the first or second series so over ten years ago, other than that I can't remember him on anything else british

I'm sure he's probably had small single episode parts on sitcoms or sketch shows around that time too, but nothing springs to mind

tldr he's nobody in the uk

No, he means he was paid by DNC to go pro Hillary. It was in the DNC leaks, google it.

John Oliver is the new Pierce Morgan. Some British douche who couldn't make it in his own country, so he came to the US to tell us how bad we are.

leash

no it wasn't, you retard. and it's ridiculous to suggest anyone would have needed to pay him off to support clinton, it's like saying he would have stumped for trump had the paycheck been right. john oliver may be a shitty comedian, but you'd have to be brain damaged to think he doesn't believe in the politics of his own show

>shitty comedian

lol

>he thinks these cunts have any convictions or beliefs

ITT: trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

what specifically makes you think that he doesn't?

It's because he's an unfunny posh twat.

When did liberals become so uncool? Whenever I hear "drumpf" I can only imagine the most repulsive person saying it and thinking they're being hilarious. It's just so cringy.

Imagine believing everyone who disagrees with you on the internet is being paid to do so

liberals aren't uncool, the half of the democratic party that voted for hillary in the primaries is. there's a demographic split, what you're describing is the mom vote. it's kind of like saying the entire republican voter base hangs out on Sup Forums.

no one can have a different worldview from me without being paid to by the puppeteers

No he's not. You guys meme that we take your unwanted trash, but as of now it's only Piers Morgan and John Oliver. John Oliver isn't even THAT bad. You still have worse comedians in Britain, you just ignore them to spread this stupid ass meme.

Why does someone like this hate globalism? These are the types of people who send their businesses overseas in order to save a quick buck. They're just saying shit like this in order to rile up ignorant rural people who don't know either way what's going on.

Look at the healthcare shit going on now. It's literally rich people trying to use their wealth and influence to convince poor people of one thing, while completely voting against anyone else's interests so that they can save some money. These people are scum, and the real reason America is going to turn to shit. Meanwhile all the Americans look at hyperbolized versions of the outside world, thinking that THOSE places are rotting from the outside in. The reality is that those places will be around much longer than us, so long as we continue to indulge selfish rich assholes, thinking they got where they are because they must have done SOMETHING right, instead of being narcissistic sociopaths.

When did Sup Forums become so uncool? Whenever I hear "cuck" I can only imagine the most repulsive person saying it and thinking they're being hilarious. It's just so cringy.

Oliver can be funny now and then but anybody who thinks he's informative is an idiot. He cites Vox for fucks sake

upvote

No way. Only Americans are human. The rest of the world is horrific and evil. We need to keep our doors shut.

>No way. Only Americans are human.
This desu senpai

reminder that Americans have their limbic systems irreversibly damaged during circumcision and are therefore incapable of rational thought

>every American is a circumcised man

It sounds like he hired teenagers to write his jokes, this is shit I would laugh at in middle school.

My mate Dave, right

Holy fuck my dick

As an American, I'm really tired of this shit. I didn't mind John Oliver when he was a correspondent, but now with him, Jim Jeffries, and Trevor Noah condescending to me in their fucking accents, I've had enough.

because he's a cunt

wew lad

After the 2012 election.

After EVERYTHING Republicans threw at Obama he still came out ahead. Retards thought that meant politics was over, because an entire generation came of age during 8 years of liberal politics winning the culture wars. The result was people that you see in the streets cosplaying as antifa faggots.

That projection....

>Britfags ITT trying to pin this flaming faggot on us
>implying John Oliver isn't the most quintissentially British person on the planet

it LITERALLY was, look it up, dumbass. John Oliver is a shit unfunny cuck. His format is presented as a "comedy" pseudo-news show, but here's what you have to get

REAL information can only be found through your own unbiased research, not through news channels and ESPECIALLY not through an HBO comedy show

he presents his team's "findings" as real information that he tries to make look presentable- often he puts a print of a document on the screen and highlights a few sentences, makes it sound super serious and then makes some shitty joke about it to "hypnotize" and distract the audience, thus sealing the validity of his claims without further scrutiny and moves on to the next topic. all of his findings are cherrypicked, as are his "attempts" at presenting an argument from "both sides".

if you think you know more about any topic than the average joe because you watch a fucking weekly comedy show you are a complete retard. however, a lot of people watch the show, which is the reason i do too, to know the full extent of their knowledge on the subject. i don't consider myself left or right, but in america if you're not super left, then you're a fucking extreme conservative, so i guess i want to know the enemy. what naive buffoons

But the MSM told me all the cool kids voted for Hillary!

this. youtube 'james corden patrick stewart'. whan an insufferable cunt

Because he's not funny.

OH
MY
GOD

I think pretty much everyone is aware that there a scummy rich people who do shady shit. The problem is the delusion that liberals and especially uber-nihilistic conspiratards have that if we just stop the rich then all of our problems will go away. There's not enough money in this country to pay for all of the shit you guys think you deserve. The math doesn't add up and copy/pasting policies from European welfare states isn't going to make everything okay.

There's enough money to do a lot of it. At least with healthcare, you could help states to expand medicaid and shit. Liberals and "conspiratards" don't believe in stopping the rich, which is why things are as fucked up as they are.

The US brings in a shit ton of money. There are a few people in this country who are insanely rich. Even if you took half their wealth, they would still have incredible amounts of money. It doesn't hurt them, despite their claims, and it helps so many who are dirt poor.

PLUMPF

Medicaid is trash you stupid fuck. If we tax the fuck out of the rich we need to be paying down the massive deficits we already run, not further expanding bankrupt social programs. The truth is that Medicare/aid, social security etc. need to die. Get rid of that shit by phasing it out over the next 20 years and fund some reasonable social programs, (hint: not universal healthcare). Find a way to fix our medical system that doesn't involve putting everyone either on the dole or on the hook for other people's shit decisions. It doesn't matter though because no billionaire is going to let you get your hands on half of his money.

>dude taxing people doesn't change their investment strategies and income behaviors! We can just assume that everything will stay exactly the same when we slap a 75% tax on them!!!!
I'm so tired of liberals. They're so fucking stupid.

>liberals aren't uncool
kek

>literally EVERY British person talks shit about him here on Sup Forums.
Every person in general talks shit about him, save for you
>2017
>not shittalking current year man

Realistically nobody is slapping a 75% tax on anybody. We have a lot of health related problems in this country that many other nations don't have. What should we do, just let people die because they can't afford shit? What's a realistic, better alternative to taxing rich people to pay for a system that supports poor people?

Medicaid helps a shit ton of people when they properly fund it. If you seriously think that anyone with health or money problems has them due to "shit decisions" you're insanely deluded.

You sound like one of those rich people who doesn't want to give back to society. Either that, or their brainwashing got to you.

Those countries can afford to give all their worthless trash """free""" healthcare because we pay for their defense. They don't have to spend billions on their military. We do. Soon, they will too and then their welfare state will collapse and maybe a couple percentage points of you brain dead slugs will understand handing out free shit doesn't work long term.

>helps a shit ton of people
Temporarily. Until next year. Until next month. Until the next time they burn off half their skin from huffing air duster cleaner. Every year dude free shit begets dude free shit. I want my tax money to build infrastructure, new roads, new water treatment plants, new information technology grids to enhance opportunities so that they can produce, they can contribute to society, and earn all that healthcare they sponge off of the tax payer. When they have to get up 5 days a week to earn that healthcare suddenly they don't abuse it so much. Imagine that.

Why do we have to spend trillions of dollars on our military?

You're right, it can only be one thing or the other. People don't support big infrastructure projects for the same reason they don't support raising taxes to subsidize poor people's healthcare: They don't want to pay for it. People aren't going to the doctor to get recreational heart transplants or surgeries just because they don't have to pay for it. How the fuck does someone "abuse" healthcare? You sound like a fucking moron.

>how the fuck does someone abuse healthcare
How about single mothers dragging their 8 kids to the ER every time one of them has the sniffles? Or the illegal aliens using our ERs every time they stab each other dealing drugs? ERs are mandated to treat anyone seeking care no matter what. All the lowlifes of society figure that out real quick and then disappear when the bill comes. You are incredibly naive. You've never worked in healthcare or in a place like a state prison where you can witness the day in and day out abuse of hundreds of millions of dollars wasted on people just fucking with the system because they can. You will feel stupid in 10 years when you finally have a big boy paycheck and see 28% of it sliced out every period and ask yourself how that benefits you.

Yeah ok. The assumption that we shouldn't support the lowest in our society because some people take advantage of it is insane. Let's just take away opportunities to get treatment and help because one mom takes her kid to the ER too much! The fact that you'd rather have those people cut off cold turkey disgusting, but a mindset that is all too common in this country. It's selfish and absurd.

what a false flag of a thread. everyone hates him if they don't suck cock

>it's a republicans defend for profit insurance companies that exist only to be an extortionist middleman between a patient and provider, raise cost, and rob people of money than a single payer system because of "muh taxes" thread
>it's a republicans don't realize they already pay other peoples ER bills at an overly exorbitant price thread
>it's a "muh free market" makes our healthcare system the best in the world thread

The British working class are inherently Socially Right Wing. They hate these cunts, most post-modernists are from London here in the UK, and they can afford to destroy things some may hold dear such as the family unit.

He's also an establishment shill, that doesn't help really.

The divide among BREXIT is a prime example of this.