>implying the plot matters

DUDE GOOD FILMS LMAO

>mulholland drive
>vague
>the first shot is the camera panning into a pillow

gee i wonder what that meant!

that doesn't make any sense

this movie sucked

There's a difference between a vague narrative and abstract narrative communication. Also there's nothing inherently wrong with vague narratives to begin with.

Is under the skin a vague narrative

if so I like movies like that. thumbs up.

DUDE DREAMLIKE SURREALISM LMAO

dunno about you guys but i love scenes that go absolutely nowhere, add little to nothing to the film (possibly even detracting from it)

Such as?

DUDE LESBIANS LMAO

>le film is le VISUAL medium nothing else le matters
It's a medium visual narration you fucking faggot. key word NARRATIVE. No one cares about meaningless visuals. Even security footage and videos of animals are narrative.

This is one of Lynch's most straightforward and conventional movies though.

the nightmare
most of justin theroux's scenes.

They're not meaningless visuals though

Lynch too often holds the shot for way too long. After the point has been made, it becomes meaningless.

No it doesn't. Lingering on a shot lingers on the point of the shot and can further the point. Also please be more specific

If Mulholland is vague you may just be retarded.

There's a difference between a vague narrative and a movie that doesn't scream exposition at you. The narrative of Under the Skin and Mulholland Drive is clear as day

How long you spend making a point is a part of the point you're trying to make, user.

we both know you didn't understand it without looking it up.

No your opinion sucks

You should think about things more before you decide they have no meaning. The "this is the girl" scenes with Justin are Betty's way of explaining why she couldn't make it as an actress. She imagines some dark and sinister plot against her is what kept her from gaining success. The scenes with Justin's wife cheating on him and his wife getting killed are her vindictive imaginings to make herself feel better. All you have to do is think about why Betty would dream those things and it becomes perfectly clear.

And does the latter part actually add anything to the film? Especially for the 10-15 minutes it spends on it, it can be taken out and we don't actually lose anything.

In Betty's eyes he stole her love and everything from her so she dreams that the same thing happens to him

DUDE BACK ALLEY HEART ATTACK LMAO

DUDE OVERUSED MEME LMAO

>tfw too dumb to understand this movie

>tfw too dumb to understand the film was meant to be a pilot for a tv show which wasn't picked up but Lynch got the $ to throw together an ending knowing he could release a chopped up or unfinished film and people would love it like he did with Blue Velvet and Fire Walk With Me.

It amazes me how a film that seemed so random and disjointed on the first viewing made so much sense on subsequent viewings. Pretty much everything in this movie has an explanation.