>basically 100% silent

Why do they still do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7c6W1uP04iw
youtube.com/watch?v=BD2FG9-U-CA
youtube.com/watch?v=zR8-6ZzI4fc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look up subsonic ammunition.

Because most of Hollywood is liberal and has never fired a silenced gun in their lives, so on the off chance that no one consults an expert on the matter they just think a silencer gets rid of all the noise.

Suppressed weapons with subsonic ammunition don't even sound like suppressed weapons in movies.

It's still not completely silent ya moron

>action movie
>person uses gun without hearing protection
>doesn't complain about the ensuing tinnitus
>doesn't show life slowly deteriorating because of debilitating tinnitus
>doesn't show contemplating suicide because constant tinnitus

youtube.com/watch?v=7c6W1uP04iw

i don't know but it's fucking annoying and i wish they would stop

because it lets writers use guns in a different scenario and only autistic people are bothered by this

also there's no sound in space, dinosaurs had plumes etc.

Because James Bond made mouse fart silencers popular.

It's not anymore autistic than if they made car engines sound like jet engines. It's just wrong. And considering so many of these movies are made primarily for American markets, which is literally the biggest gun owning market on the planet, you'd think they'd try to introduce more accuracy since so many of the viewers know it's unrealistic nonsense.

they're not so loud, and even then I think the most important thing is that it doesnt sound like a gunshot, so people could hear it but think it's something else

Kek

>Jews
>Mas media deception
What's else is new?

This is actually a very accurate scene.

What are some movies that failed in the American market specifically because the depiction of guns was inaccurate?

they also don't make humans behave like humans and they have them endure damages and injury that would cripple real ones but they don't seem to care about human bodies not working that way

>Silencers actually silent
>Nobody smells the smoke
>Nobody hears the shell casings hitting the floor
>Nobody walking in the opposite direction sees him clearly pull out a gun and fire it several times

Really makes gets my noggin joggin

Still pretty loud my man

subsonic plus suppression is still near the line for hearing damage on all but the smaller calibers though.

It's still not the super laser bloop silent sound. Even then .22 would still probably be the best you could do to make it sound like a louder pellet gun. And most action guys in films use guns that are 9mm or 40.

>guy sticks a water bottle on tip of the gun
>whisper quiet

hahahahaha

It's a joke about the new York subway

Only Archer deals with this reality

Silencers are illegal in the US

What? that shit is really loud you idiot. This makes that one scene from John Wick 2 seem even more stupid.

>This is actually a very accurate scene.

Just like how everyone shoots shit without ear plugs

forget any realism in hollywood

this is up there with

>knock someone out for convenient length of time

like nigga if you dont start to come to almost instantly you are braindead or realdead

It's more fun
fucking insufferable /k/ autists every time

would you like to guess what the purpose of silencers is in real life?

Wrong.

anyone saying this isn't realistic hasn't been to New York or grand central station.

>Vincent Cassel
>character reacting properly to close-up gunfire
PICKED UP

name ONE good movie that is also realistic

it's not realistic because the people right next to them would for sure notice, be like WTF and start running

John wick realism posting is the best meme of 2017

I reply every time

Glengarry Glen Ross

fucking checkm8ed

Nogunz confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=BD2FG9-U-CA

nigga what, subsonic + suppression is one hundred percent safe without ear protection

usually the click of the trigger and hammer is louder than the bullet

That's a dumb comparison because everybody knows what car engines sound like. Few people have fired a gun with a suppressor.

But because more people are becoming aware that guns with suppressors don't sound how Hollywood depicts them, the writers should catch up and realise that it interferes with people's suspension of disbelief and stop doing it.

imagine looking next door form your kids window and seeing this shit

fuck edgy people

there are some silencers that can boast ~70db but that's about the quietest they get

in a crowed area, its feasible people won't hear a 70db gunshot

What's wrong with that? The guy lives in Florida. I do the same shit on my inland property in Florida. Kids have a blast literally.

Black hawk dawn did this pretty well.

>surreal russian war movie
>main character is bombed by artillery
next 30 minutes of the film's audio is exclusively tinnitus noise

This action movie/tv meme is my biggest pet peeve.

I'm so sick of this fucking meme.
Obviously John Wick was doing this tongue in cheek. How do you autists see the rest of the movies as being consciously campy and not see it for this scene?

As someone with tinnitus, not after shooting without hearing protection but just in general, it's not that bad. The more you think about it the worse it is but if you don't think about it it's like how you don't even notice your nose permanently in your field of vision.

wtf now I can't unsee my nose you ass hole

wtf I hate my nose now

>Any movie
>Knife or sword gets drawn
>"Shhheee-kling"

>Space movie
>Sound in space

Why do they do this? Simple. They think their audience are fucking imbeciles.

FUCK YOU, TINNITUS user, NOW I CAN'T UNSEE IT.

>character unsheathes a sword
>he doesn't make a "SCHWING" sound with his mouth

>
agreed.
the only hard part is when the house is quiet, trying to sleep.
meniere'sfag here

Usually because the narrative needs someone to get shot from a few feet away without anyone else noticing.
I'm sure most writers/directors don't actually know the name "silencer" was meant to be ironic.

You are now breathing manually

>Why do they still do this?
because it sounds cool and has a pretty solid association with stealth?

i could name literally dozens

FOR THE PLOT dummy

>another excuse for /k/ dudes to flex
oh right, nvm, i'll just leave

This,
Also pic related is a little trick I learned over at /k/. Blew my fucking mind first time I tried it.

I legit loved this scene.

>its the moron who is so disillusioned towards reality he hasnt bothered to look up a youtube video showing that yes, fucking things get whisper quiet and some guns you can only hear the shell ejections

Because it's a silencer, so it becomes silent. Who the fuck cares, riflefucker?

Black leather gloves are a must
Should have used a .22 and dark glasses

surely there are guns specializing in being as silent as possible? like half the noise comes from the action anyway, no shit a bunch of metal going back and forth and hitting another piece of metal in a split second will make a shit ton of noise, doesn't even have to be the bullet

I didn't know Michael J. Fox was a cameraman nowadays

Reply to this post if you actually own a gun

Because it's cooler that way you autist. Most people never fired a gun and they don't give a fuck about movies being realistic about guns or not. Only a minority of gunfags and spergs will be buttflustered for this kind of shit

Especially when you're manually breathing

youtube.com/watch?v=zR8-6ZzI4fc

Sig Sauer p220, H&K HK45, Glock 21sf, Winchester 308, Winchester 30-30, Sig Sauer SIGM400 elite

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dry firing

>muh guns

I lost all mine while hunting fish

this. gun lovers are cringey and full of spooks

WASR AK with yugo style underfolder
Springfield 1911A1
Walther P22
Savage 99 (muh favorite of the bunch)
Remington model 8
Browning Auto-5
Winchester 1897
A couple .22lr rifles

is that right?

It's just a film bro

Also have a bunch of melee shit

are any of those actual antiques

if not, why would you buy them

Made in China

What a random fucking scenario you've created lmao. He probably knows his neighbors.

Libtards are so strange and paranoid..

do you have a moonlight greatsword

The kirpan and cane may be, don't know for sure. Got them gifted to me from a friend of mine who travels a lot. I own all of them (including my guns) because I love weapons. I love using them, learning how to use them, the history behind them, as well as the symbology. Been swordfighting/fencing/whatever you wanna call it my whole life, and have been shooting for about a decade now. Weapons are life, weapons are love.

Dark Souls sucks

It's unbelievable how many retards out there think silencers actually make the gun go "pew pew" like the real world is a fucking bond video game. I tried to explain to my nogunz friends that it still sounds like a sledgehammer hitting a railroad spike and they just straight up didn't believe it. Calling it a silencer is just completely misleading.

subsonic 22 with a silencer is basically silent

CZ P-09 chambered in .40. Carries 15+1 and it's more reliable than any other gun I've seen used. Just to test I ran about 1200 rounds through it without cleaning or maintaining it in any way and it still fired perfectly. I think I've found the one.

>Weapons are life, weapons are love.

They are tools, tools that can't be used to build or to craft. If you aren't in the occupation of soldiering, engineering or archiving then you are immature and/or a coward who's full of laughable phony bravado and afraid of everything

Hence all those weapons
pic related was the tool of my trade for years, I never loved it and I'm glad I don't have to lug it around anymore

Why would they even put a silencer on the gun if it isn't going to be quiet?

this is intensely pathetic

You are an utter retard. That's still like 100 decibels. You can look this shit up so easily, there's no reason for you to be so misinformed.

Yes, sir

All that projecting. I like and own weapons because they are fun to use and collect.

>Stop enjoying hobbies I don't like
Wew