Just admit it

Just admit it

This is objectively the best Star Wars movie

More like objectively the best Star Wars prequel, but it's still worse than Episodes IV - VII.

Oh, and nice bait.

I admit its starkino

>calling others on bait
>thinks VII is better than anything
Shiggy

Fuck off reddit, ever since reddit found out about Sup Forums's prequel posting, reddit thinks it's super funny right now and they are over doing it.

>MUH OT

Take the nostalgia goggles off Gramps

That's not TFA

Actually Phantom is the best

Prove me wrong

I hate all Star Wars movies EXCEPT this one because it's just a good movie in general

Sort your opinions out.

constant action, good music, shitty lines, cool scenes.
It would be better if they cut order 66

FACT: George Lucas directed the best films in the series!

Top tier
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV

They tried tier
Episode I
Episode V
Episode VI

Disneytier
Han Solo
Rogue One
Episode VII

i've never heard a single compelling argument as to why the prequels aren't complete shit, so i just have to assume that people somehow enjoy the terrible action and even worse acting and dialogue, not to mention the ponderous, hackneyed plotting. they look good sometimes, for example the Coruscant scenes in Attack of the Clones or the space battle at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, but for the most part the effects have aged incredibly poorly, and Lucas's inert direction doesn't help visual matters whatsoever.

can someone please make an attempt to explain to me why you like these films?

>Empire
>A New Hope
>ROTJ
>Rogue One
Gap
>ROTS
>TFA
Gap
>TPM
Great Gap of Disappointment and Sand
>Diarrhoea from a man dying of dysentery
>AOTC

Attack of the clones is at least funny in its stupidity and overal feels most like a star wars movie. It had the best pacing, varied locations, a mostly coherent story and had the most engaging finale.

1 and 3 are boring and gay, and boring and gay and edgy, respectively.

They're anti-prophecy. 10. They're Anti-Prophecy

Star Wars Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan KenobiLucasfilm
One of the worst trends in modern moviemaking is the constant falling back on the crutch of a prophecy. Saying your hero is destined to save the day means less time needs to be spent seeing them become someone capable of actually saving the day on their own merits. The Matrix did it, Harry Potter did it, heck Frozen almost did it. But the worst, most prominent example has to be Star Wars, right?

When we're introduced to Anakin he comes along with the old baggage of midichlorians; the concentration of Force-giving microbes is so high in his body that Qui-Gon and eventually the rest of the Jedi believe he was a long-ago prophesied Chosen One destined to "bring balance to the Force".

It's painfully by the numbers. That is, until Episode III delivers a massive curve ball. Not that Anakin turns evil, we knew that all along, but that the reason his midichlorian count is so high has nothing to do with the prophecy; because Palpatine created Anakin using the Force of course his Force prowess is going to be through the roof.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––
The Jedi incorrectly believe Anakin is the key to the prophecy against all better judgement and it directly ties into their eventually destruction. By the time the Yoda begins to question the potency of their foresight in Episode III, it's too late; Anakin has already began his spiral towards Vader. So the prequels aren't about an overarching destiny to the saga at all; they're showing how destructive reliance on it can be.

Honestly, when I sat down and watched episodes IV, V, VI, and then II and III in that order, III did a really great job of ending the series.

It's fucking Faust, in space, and it's all the more poignant that it's the last Lucas-written and -directed Star Wars. There's a way he writes dialog that lends itself to that parallel being sincere – you can easily imagine the core script of Episode III in some old book of plays. For all the gloss and theatrics and CGI, all Episode III really is is Lucas using the aesthetics and characters of the universe he created to do a 'cover' of an old Goethe novel. You can easily anticipate a point where Lucas was bored of the series and increasingly annoyed with the poor response the prequels were getting, and that's probably what liberated him to just do whatever the fuck he wanted.

It's sincerely my favourite Star Wars movie.

John Williams score is great

this is academic nerdy bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with the actual content of the film. also, you've clearly copy-pasted it from some website. just post a link next time.

Shit/10 pasta

There's at least a hint of moral ambiguity. "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." Obi-Wan's final line to Anakin before entering their confrontation on lava planet Mustafar seems like one of the worst lines of dialogue in the whole saga. But couple it with Anakin's later "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" and it appears that Lucas is aiming for something more complex than it initially seems.

There's always been a moral balance with the Jedi - in Empire Luke has to choose between saving his friends and completing his training, while Clones makes it clear they're hiding their inability to see the future for their own sake - and in the last film it gets weighed on a bit more. Through the course of Episode III the Jedi manipulate Anakin to spy on Palpatine and although the Chancellor is feeding many lies to his future apprentice, he is skirting very close to the truth in saying the Jedi will attempt to take over. All pretty questionable stuff. From a certain point of view

The film is, after all, called Revenge Of The Sith, implying there's some form of justification to the diabolical events on show. It's not all out villanising of the Jedi, but it does try to show there's some rationale to the Sith plight. It was out of Lucas' creative reach to fully make this comparison, but that it's there being attempted in the film speaks volumes.

Patton Oswalt is mad

>this is nerdy bullshit
>talking about Star Wars
Whew bud

okay, fair point, but i think i got my point across. nothing in that pasta has anything to do with the actual meat and potatoes of the film. it just overanalyzes the plot to the degree of stupidity. i unironically feel bad for people who spend that much time thinking about a shitty blockbuster franchise.

I don't spend time thinking about Star Wars. I do catch myself day dreaming and thinking about films like Road to Perdition or Lawrence of Arabia. I'll be in my office staring at a spreadsheet just trying to imagine the perfect desert cinematography in Lawrence, or I'll be at the pisser and think "fuck, the scene is so perfect when Sullivan kills Rooney in the rain in silence". Things like that. I certainly don't even think about fucking Star Wars.

Star Wars is shit so... probably? idgaf

mark hamill is a talentless nice guy

that's wrong tho, its still follows the prophecy

I admit it.