twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you retarded or just shit taste?

>Black L Matters
What did they mean by this?

>liking weebshit
>talking about taste
Embarrassing.

>implying Death Note can get any worse

New L looking like a typical ANTIFA member.

This time Light will be the good guy.

why do muricans always have to put murican flags in their movies?

i want Asuka to be my wife

There are already three live action movies from Death Note and all pretty recent. Are western writers really that desperate for ideas?

The premise of Death Note sounds like a ripoff of a Twilight Zone episode.

Wait this is a movie? I thought it was a series.

>"What exactly can I do with This Death Note™ (exclusively on Netflix®)"

As someone who hasn't seen the anime, this looks really good. Why is the trailer getting so much hate?

Death Note will always be a 10/10 because the edgy guy ends up dying. It wasn't some bullshit social critique. Will the Netflix version be edgy to appeal to liberals who were wronged by society?

>kick and scream for this trash to be made into live action by the west for years
>WHY ISN'T IT JUST LIKE HOW I WANT IT REE
This and ghost in the shell has made be realize why Sup Forums, /m/ and /jp/ hate Sup Forums cancer

Weebs want this film to be a shot-for-shot remake.

because it looks shit and you're only saying it looks good to be contrarian
t. also never seen the anime

It looks okay.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk

you're objectively wrong or underaged. i probably would have enjoyed this when i was an angsty 15 year old too.

It looks okay and reminds me a bit of Wingard's earlier movie The Guest.

>why do muricans always have to put murican flags in their movies?

Honestly feels like Inferiority complex

>There are already three live action movies from Death Note and all pretty recent. Are western writers really that desperate for ideas?

SJWs from Netflix are finally starting to corrupt Japanese products

>corrupt Japanese products
The only shows being sold to US producers are bottom of the barrel shit that stopped generating a profit 10 years ago.

Are we talking about...CULTURAL APPROPRIATION?

Everybody needs to take a chill pill.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8Ingn8w24

Also, why are Japs so fucking chill?

AYOOOOOOO HOL UP u be sayin this cracka kira be doin sum racist shit killin mah homies in prisonz and shiet s m h this whiteboi aint know he dealing with KINGZ we gonna cap you ass

>chill

Man you know nothing about Japan. Notice how those two guys never contradicted to what the hat guy said and always basically followed his judgements? Because it's what you have to do in Japan to not make your elder or your peer lose their face.
Their society is stuck up and horrific man, where do you think all their rape and monster fetishes come from?

I thought it look alright.

Not so sure about Willem Dafoe playing the green goblin again though.

Why do Japanese people have plastic surgery to make their eyes more rounded like western people?

>L , a pale white gothic european/japanese mix, NEETish antisocial insomniac autistic ultragenious

>turned into an African-American Watchdog Ninja looking badass who speaks in a "cool" and menacing tone while perching on a chair with 10 inch stylish wedge boots

What's wrong with that?

why are anime characters always white anyway

>set in America
>one of Light's plans hinged on the fact that guns are rare
>implying people would even care when someone dies of a heart attack in America
Why?

Who in the fuck OK'd that L costume
Why did nobody see how terrible it is

>What's wrong with that?
Are you fucking retarded?

Not only they completely butchered the original characters - Kira was a motherfucker, the smartest ass in Japan, no one could bully him and make him a fucking emo crybaby.
L was extremely anti-social genius and not a wild nigger ape running wild and making statements for the crowd.

Hopefully the music will be better.

youtube.com/watch?v=wbqGqSkPG_o

Basically making him into a super confident shoe-wearing healthy-looking badass while Light looks like a loner school killer. They switched the shit up just to make Light seem more antagonistic while L is made too look better better than Light.

It's a different story with different characters based on the same premise.

Stop being retarded. It's actually good that this Death Note will be so different.

im assuming there are cameras at the press conference, whats the point of the mask? you think they need your mouth to identify or some shit? L hello ?

Based Nippon.

Light looks more sympathetic in the trailer than L or the anime Light. He seems to be genuinely in love with that girl and having doubts about his goal.

The iron cooled off almost 10 years ago. Why make a movie now?

Isn't it a movie meaning it will be a two-hour action-drama flick? Might as well be the OVA where another Shinigami tries to copy Ryuk and drops a DN at a Kira Tryhard.

Because everyone wants to be white or at least have white features, the asians are obsessed with having pale-white skin and would probably want to get rid of their egg-eyes if they could.

When Hollywood loses ideas, they turn to successful foreign films and westernize it.

Worst part is that they get light because of SJWs pulling the same old "MUH WHITEWASHING" only to white actors.

Yes, it's a film. The director said it won't be a faithful adaptation.

That just means it loses half its steam as a loose adaptation. If it were a series it would probably be better but as a two hour movie featuring the titular characters, I fear that it will just be passive-aggressive political/virtue signaling.

*americans

So do I have to watch the manga now?

I recommend reading the anime first.

>The iron cooled off almost 10 years ago. Why make a movie now?

Because Hollywood scenarists are talentless hacks who can't make a single good scenario anymore.

That's why we have Marvel stinky garbage all over the place.

Hell, look at trusted directors like Scott with cult movies from the past. His Prometheus and Covenant are DOGSHIT and if people like him can't even make a good movie anymore, what can we expect from less trusted and less respected directors who can't find a single good scenario anymore?

Yeah go read the show. It's a fun ride but it's a long one.

anime is gay

Man the soundtrack was pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=CxGPqQYhdjw

Looks less like a kike and more like a nigger to me user. Could be one of those nigger kikes like Obongo though.

made me kek, so many weebs will be steaming from this post

You can literally show them a man calling Japan the best and wanting to move to Japan with his body pillows in full view and they will just nod and say "That's okay"

Japan is too polite to talk shit about anything, their whole culture is based on NOT TALKING ABOUT NEGATIVE SHIT and making someone feel bad about it.

They realize how dumb he looks with that mask right? Especially as some "official" giving a press conference speech

>Western pigs make everything worse.
You just now figured that out?

all anime and weeb shit is trash doe

>They realize how dumb he looks with that mask right? Especially as some "official" giving a press conference speech

Nigga looks COOL like he hides his identity 'n' shiet.
Like a real watch doggo.

Original L was an awkward autistic person who was nothing alike that shitty nigger.

This.
The movie looks fine.

Then why not make something else altogether than rape the brand and anger the fans?

Give me one (1) reason straight white males can't be cast in every single TV or movie role.
protip: you can't

Go to bed, William.

The only people that should be cast are white males and white/asian females (male).

What I hate most about this is that it ruins any chance of tension or surprise that would have come with a Lind L. Tailor reveal.

Looks okay, though I've always thought the story in Deathnote was dumb as hell.
In real life, there'd literally be no way in a thousand years to tell who was doing it. It'd be the perfect crime.

Kira was a fucking asshole, but he wasn't really wrong about his views of justice and that would trigger the shit out of SJW scum.

And on top of that he's white. White villain with superiority complex who does the justice.

Oh boy, of course they have to change him, make him a sore loser, an emo faggot who's taking his revenge on the world.

And of fucking course a nigger is here to save the world against a sore white loser.

Have you watched the first episode?

youtu.be/koLA6IPA1nw

Seems plausible to me.

>there'd literally be no way in a thousand years to tell who was doing it. It'd be the perfect crime
Oh no, their was a way, but it seems the netflix adaption will completely ignore how it happened going by the trailer.

Ironically L looks like the only good thing about this whole mess

The character always came off as a pompous faggot but I'm impressed you managed to find a way to whine about "SJW scum" somehow

this is so sad

>He's a person
>Like you and me

Bloody L.
That sounds nothing like him.

Niggers can make anything worse

>L goes from genius autismlord to Watchdogs
>Kira goes from god-complex psychopath to emo bully victim
If you're gonna piss on the source material why not make a new fucking story in the established universe?

You can even do the fucking "Big bad corporation" that burgers love so much.

He's a jap, nigger. He just looks like one of idol prettyboys.

>cartoon

it's called anime you dip

He was already the good guy

>rape fetishes
I think you are confusing Japan with America here.

They don't.

They aren't.

Asia is not a country.

>They don't.

blog.gaijinpot.com/japanese-double-eyelid-surgery/

And you thought your "Waifu" was so pure and perfect.

>Light's a beta bully victim
Of course he is. Thanks Netflix.

B-BUT MUH WEEBFAGGOTRY

Obviously plastic surgery occurs in Japan, but it also occurs everywhere else in the world. And this whole plastic surgery meme is entirely based on South Korea.

>And you thought your "Waifu" was so pure and perfect.
I don't have one, but a waifu is an anime/2D character, not a real person.

SJWs would be 100% on board with Kira though. As long as he killed "the right people."

Absolutely not, his design is pur watch-dog 2 tier cringe

>SJWs would be 100% on board with Kira though. As long as he killed "the right people."

American Kira would kill niggers and muslims though, not Trump.

>that fucking flag

Don't be in so much denial, all hot Japanese models have had eye surgery only a true connosure of the pussy would like a true slit eyed model

Because we are actually proud of our country you filthy foreigner. Flags are everywhere in real life so they are everywhere in film too.

>Because we are actually proud of our country you filthy foreigner. Flags are everywhere in real life so they are everywhere in film too.

Embarrassing

Again, this meme comes from South Korea. Since most people don't have even a basic grasp of the geography and culture of Asia, they just assume what is true (or believed to be true) in one part of it has to be equally true in any other part.

>implying kira wasn't a sore loser in the original

It looks like a semi-decent teen action romance thriller with cool setpieces and interesting visuals, but literally nothing of what I just said is what Death Note is about. Death Note is about two extremely intelligent people engaged in a long and trying battle of wits in order to outdo the other, each believing he is the personification of justice. There are no exploding ferris wheels or "hur we might not be the good guys after all". And L would never be stupid enough to make a public appearance.

The best example I can think of for an apt comparison to this movie was said by another user: it's like if you made a Calvin and Hobbes movie and gave Calvin the personality of Charlie Brown. And Hobbes was mentally handicapped.

Doesnt matter where it comes from, all the Japs are doing it because they're ashamed of their slity eyes.

He was an apex fucking predator and alpha male, you retarded normie.