American suburbs

How would you fix them?
>inb4 bomb them, etc.

fix what ?They are pretty comfy.

yeah, they even have a lagoon

I am just wondering what Europeans have against them since the only negative I can think of is that there's no shops or anything nearby so you need a car to get anywhere.
Also some say all the houses are the same, or cardboard too but I've only noticed that in the rich McMansion areas, where I lived a few years ago most houses were different and even on the insides non looked the same, all of good quality too.

There's nothing to fix, don't live there if you don't want to.

There is no fix for that nightmare...

city planning is my passion >;-]

Yanks are the single greatest threat there has ever been to virtuous human society. Thousands of years of intellectual and moral progress are being undone in a matter of decades.

There's literally nothing there. Just house, house, house, house and more houses. Feels completely dead.

Suburb here where I live is like little villages with shops, parks and nature.
You can walk to everything, you actually have some space between houses.

My town was great, everyone's home was unique but not over the top, and the area was built in a way so that there was a big park, golf course, and other ball courts in the middle and shops right next to that, I lived on the far end and it was only a 6 minute bike ride to get to the store

Why is it so empty though? So.. .soulless.
>pic related, my area

this is what normies want. its commie eu shit to tell people how to live

bourgeois cunt

>apartments

not him, but the house type in the first pic was mainly built in the 50's and 60's, and was meant for working class people. most of these neighbourhoods are middle class today, though.

allowing some small tradeshops like bakeries, butcheries, drugstores, etc... would be a fucking huge improvement

God, my dream is to have my own American suburb house with a backyard I can use for plinking with an airgun. And a dog running around in the background. Fuck you and your comfy 80s movies.

>ordinary people running small businesses that aren't parts of huge franchises
>fucking up the petrolium industry by having stuff within walking distance from your home
what are you, a fucking commie?

america, why u do dis?

pic looks like a wannabe european city. i love your straight streets and blocks. cmon pls. dont do it. read a little why we have these fucked up small streets.

hint: medieval
pro hint: no cars, no horses, only feet for the poor bastards

nuke them

it has nothing to do with trying to look medival european

bomb the shit out of the entire muttnation

needs a Wal-Mart, a McDonald's, and a county jail

no they arent. They are awful to live in. I guess for autistics who never leave the house they might be comfy but let's face your average channer is going to make the place disgusting real fast.

europeans tend to like them. It is americans who hate them, specifically americans who grew up in those shitholes. Id rather live in haiti.

australia is full of shitty suburbs too

they do suck

those blocks of carbon copy houses made by developers in big blocks 20 mins away from anything that isn't a place to hold incredibly slightly upper middle class people are fucking hellish

>price out niggers from urban areas with gentrification and no public housing
>urban areas are now safe and a lot better
>people without families are moving in
>put $$ into making schools in urban areas better (which would be already done but kicking out niggers)
>people with families are moving in
>suburb is now obsolete and people now live in urban areas and they consider living in condo or apartment, rather than single family homes or townhouses, normal

Anything not comfy like European cities, towns, and villages should be removed from earth and start over

>turning a suburb into a city with apartments, which defeats the entire purpose of living in a surburb (having a big house)
This will just spawn suburbs on the edge

this is happening.

not true either. Plenty of suburbs have apartments and higher density. Not every suburb is giant houses most arent. They are small houses and apartments

Improve the quality of life in cities while reducing the cost of living such that living in a city becomes less expensive yet provides for amenities like public transportation and good public schooling. Also, move blacks out into the suburbs. Reverse white flight will happen.

>tfw the ghetto neighboring city gentrified and shit thuggery all over your comfy town
please think of your neighbors

Tbqh, the only reason people live in suburbs is niggers in downtown. Without niggers, people won't have any reason to live farther from downtown to send kids to decent schools and be safe from crimes

who says an apartment has to be small? it's just to save land

part of it was white flight a lot of it was boomers were retarded.

Where I am people live in black neighborhoods because they are cheaper. I live in one that is gentrifying and I liked it better when it was blacker. the yuppies are making the neighborhood hella lame

>hella
greetings my bay area brother

we're basically suburbs: the country so it probably would have happend anyway

Apartments are apartments and not detached houses
Size doesn't matter

I live in the city and am therefore better than both of you
If you don't live on the peninsula you might as well be living in the valley

I actually live in opposite coast. I dont think SF ever had many black neighborhoods that was Oakland. And they have been gentrified. I live in a city way blacker

I live in a city...

im way too cool not to live in a city

Los Angeles?

>not knowing what the city is
>thinking it means any city
Transplant fuck off

Civilisations are based on cities and of course America has always had them, from there education, economy, and innovation flow. Each large city has its own atmosphere, food, architecture, and personality, this reflects the people who live and work within it.
In 1890 the United States geographic survey came to the conclusion that there was no more frontier left in the country. Everywhere had been mapped and traversed. This sent the nation into a panic as it was believed, and rightly so, that frontier wilderness and a rural lifestyle were the cornerstones of American culture and identity. It catalyzed the national monuments and parks program in a desperate bid to keep America wild.
So, historically American identity is found only in the cites and in rural living along the frontier. Suburbs provide neither, they are the worst of both worlds. They lack the unique culture that grows in a city and they lack the wide open spaces and rough lifestyle that makes a true American. Suburbia is quite literally the death if American culture and it's no accident that it's often portrayed as such. The people within them start to become like the suburb itself, souless, cramped, cookie-cutter, and vapid.

>fix what ?They are pretty comfy.

Live in low density suburbia here. They're fucking awful to live in.
Absolutely zero life, awful aesthetics, food deserts, no walkability, no easy access to shops, cafes, nightlife etc, absolutely no sense of community as everyone is completely alienated in their own homes and drive everywhere.
Honestly Suburbia will fix itself as it becomes abandoned for more high density living as resources become a larger issue.

golly maybe becuase they're too entirely different climates, ie one having almost no trees. fucking Sw*de

Why have suburbs degenerated so much over the past few decades?

>How would you fix them?
Have more grocery and daily needs stores spread throughout and implement some sort of persistent light rail/buses to make it less dependant upon car ownership.
Most people will likely disagree but I reckon "commieblocks" would be perfect for situations like this. It would cut out all of that sprawl, excess plumbing, electricity and telecommunication infrastructure.
All of that greenery you see there could be arranged into a large park and more sports field facilities instead of relatively tiny patches of grass people water but don't get any real use out of.

>all of those flat turf lawns and missing trees
Shit like this really pisses me off.

not the sme picture. Each one is progressively newer. Newer suburbs are much worse since they are built to maximize profits and are already far out

Where is this?

You can't fix it, shit like this is why traffic is so bad in big American cities. America should do more mixed zoning.

Looks professionally planned. Much better than our chaotics.

thanks for the post leaf

>flat landscape
>pawed roads
>comfy dead ends
>pre-build houses with all communications
>garages at default
>no random rusty stuff and other garbage lying
>still not satisfied
ridiculous!

Lmao bruh you're calling other people autistic?

Wtf? Shit like this is why traffic is so bad in a big city? This is a symptom of bad traffic not a cause of it

Shit like this makes me glad I grew up on 10 acres, just within city limits.

>This is a symptom of bad traffic not a cause of it
Having to fucking drive everywhere because you live in the suburbs is a major cause for traffic.

You live in a god damn jungle m8
This is ssssimple shit. Traffic sucks fucking ass in a big city traffic is ezpz in the suburbs. Hmm hmm its like the limiting reagent is space to accommodate all the motherfuckers in cars. Swear to god some people are convicted on shit they dont know and never experienced on the opposite side of the earth

Do most non-American user's not know that the burbs have shops, and bakeries and grocery stores, and little businesses scattered throughout them?

It's not like a 30 minute drive any time you want to buy something, get some kind of service or get food or whatnot.

>You live in a god damn jungle m8
>american education
Also making bigger roads doesn't really decrease traffic, retard, more people just use the road in question.

Lmao I'm not even making this shit up guys. He's simultaneously criticizing suburbs for making traffic worse but thinks population density is the root issue. Some people will scream before they think i swear

>allowing
What's stopping them?

How is this hard to understand?
>people driving from the suburbs to/from work in the cities or wherever the fuck they are going causes traffic
>if everything were fucking closer to each other, other modes of transportation would be more feasible (walking or public transportation such as trolleys, subways, and such)
The density itself isn't the issue but rather how people move about.

Zoning laws.

>>You live in a god damn jungle m8
>>american education

but

He literally thinks there's more inbound than outbound traffic....

Like think on it 1 second retard. How? How can it be the way you describe? Were talking one thing its density. Its a hard problem to fix but its easy to understand. And suburbs help they don't hurt. Shit gets so packed suburbs become a necessity. You thought about the alternative for a hot second? Everyone in a suburb never leaves the city? And traffic gets.... better?

>this is your brain on american zoning
The amount of people using cars is the problem, not the density of the population.
Less cars = less traffic.

>the entire country is a jungle with no infrastructure or cities
If only.

this

Oh. I noticed there is no any kind of stores, shops, kindergardens, post, fastfood, car service etc. Is that is what you want to fix?

population density is not the main factor for traffic in the united states.
when you have a high density in one area you can build profitable public transport like busses, metro and other trains. by spreading out miles and miles from the city center, stores and workplace it increases the traffic whereas if it instead were a high density city then distances wouldn't be as far away and you could just hop on the metro and be there in no time.
+ it eliminates the need of a car resulting in saving a lot of cash

A cheap and easy way to improve them is to simply change your zoning codes to allow small businesses in the area, change your building codes to allow secondary dwelling units (also known as granny flats) on the properties, such as in the back connected to the alley or in converted garages, and route bus lines into them as well as convert some of the god-awfully large road estate into bicycle lanes.

Good post, Denmarkbro.

Google "suburban strip mall".

Of course there are no businesses IN the neighborhood. They still close and far outside the city.

The notion that there is nothing in suburbia is a mistake.

Bro you ever seen how big America is? There's a reason there's a lot of cars. You can't say one thing that isn't ass backwards stupid. You think you were gonna blow somebody's tits off saying cars cause traffic? This site is a sandbox for stupidity

Lmao he talks all day long on shit that's retarded then all he can offer after weak shit is called out is 'no u'

The reason there are a lot of cars in America isn't that there are large distances between cities, everyone uses planes across the country anyway, it's that people frequently live five miles away from any shops and services and thirty miles away from work. That's not a large country, it's just bad metro layouts.

So, I have to drive a car to buy every piece of small crap like small bottle of coke and bakery?

Accidentally posted before I was done. Anyway, of course America is a big place, what I've been trying to tell you is population density isn't the problem, it's your shit public transport, which is caused by how spread out your cities are.
See

America's infrastructure needs to be torn up and replaced entirely for it to have any future. (((General Motors))) paid off all the developments around the country to be as ridiculously sprawled as humanly possible and to prohibit public transportation so that nobody can survive without buying a car.

McDonald'sization of society.

This. Maybe then Americans would learn to walk for once.

>it's that people frequently live five miles away from any shops and services

Someone just said this. Swear to god. Saw it myself. I want everyone to think on it

Used to live in a neighborhood like this. It was a three minute drive to get to the nearest gas station/convenience store

Mexicans move in
Blackbois don't wrap up
People move out. Its literally that easily understood

No, you can bike down and pick up vodka and a whole wheat loaf

suburbs are awesome and i wished i still lived in one

First, what's exactly "wrong" with them that needs fixing?

It looks like a soulless shithole to be honest with you.

Every city in the US, at least the ones I've been to, have had their own character. Their own atmosphere. Their own ethos.
But if we keep building more of these suburban shitholes, all the things that define the different parts of America will be gone.

Not to mention suburbs are immensely wasteful. In America, 40 percent of potable water is used to water useless lawns (a staple of the American suburb. This isn't even counting all the electricity and inefficiencies of the suburban life. Truly wasteful.

How about killing all h*Mans?

anyone ITT who is from a middle class family and hating on suburbs is a goddamn retard. Suburbs are the greatest invention ever in city planning. IF you really hate suburbs so much try finding an apartment bigger than a shoebox that doesn't cost a million bucks in your nearest city, failing that, try living in the wild with no internet and hot running water.

Do you have 100 metric tons of cobalt and two or three thermonuclear weapons?

this is what swedish neighbourhoods look like in general

De-invent air conditioning

Suburbs everywhere are like that. You wouldn't belive the absolute state of "people" growing up in the suburbs here.

no one is hating on suburbs in general you mong
problem is with _american_ suburbs
>have to drive to do anything
>houses are too close to each other
>they look like shit

My dude, low-density suburbs suck for public transportation and therefore put everyone living there in a total dependance of cars. That's why traffic always sucks.

Damn it would be pretty awful if I had to take the car everytime I have to do the groceries.

This is a relatively new development. They used to be a lot more spacious, and if you want them to look better, look at upper middle class neighborhoods.

As far as things being too far away, thats just an exaggeration. I've already explained why, there are shops, strip malls, stores, grocery stores etc, all within close proximity of the burbs.