Babsgirl and the Birds of Purgatory: Rebirth #1 Lettered Preview

All those noses...

Variant

FIN

This the comic written by the woman who's never written a comic before and used to work on The 100 right?

See, the writing definitely makes it sound like there should be more than two people.

I can already tell this comic will be a reaction image goldmine.

Two women writers, and sisters at that.

How was the 100, I've never seen a single episode.

reaction from Sup Forums?

Attractive young adults stand around and talk about their predicament in a dull, unimaginative dystopian setting with minimal budget.

>never written a comic before
Not really sure why that's a bad thing.
>used to work
Just searched through their Twitters. I think still they still do work on it.

I'm only about a third of the way through the first season and it's been ok, nothing great.

Very interesting that they're going the way of the New52's Action Comics/Superman, by having this set ahead of Batgirl. (in fact, this might be ahead of Green Arrow as well)

I think user means the faces in the comic

Funny, remember how Stewart wanted to push the idea that The Killing Joke wasn't canon anymore? It seems that it's back into canon and by female writers' hands as well.

The Stewart issue you're talking about suggested that TKJ *might* be non-canon or eventually non-canon.

If anything, this Oracle plot in BoP might be what unravels its canonization.

Nothing against the writing, but this kind of just highlights how more interesting the Oracle thing was than Barbara being Batgirl again.

>loli Canary

Yeah Batgirl happens during summer vacation for her I think.

Not awful so far so I guess it has surpassed my expectations a bit. I'm worried about how they'll treat Helena though.

What he did was leave it ambiguous for those who wanted to pretend it was non-canon but he never actually retconned it.

Screen writers and play writers are usually good at comics, depending on their talents. Non fantasy prose writers are more likely to be bad.

Why does DC even push Rebirth variants like these. All of them are pure shit.

I liked this one and the Green Lanterns one. Most of them were bad though.

I think it's canon.

Fuck him and those people.

Oracle and Dinah Lance are quietly back in canon.

Probably easier to make and it shows of their new logo

Honestly it was almost second-hand ambiguity. The scene showed real and fake memories mixed together and when questioned he didn't debunk the idea that he was saying TKJ was a fake one. But I don't know what the real intention was, almost seemed like fan-appeasement rather than authorial intent.

The real intention was to make it so fans who don't like TKJ can say it's not canon while people who do can say it is canon. He said this on twitter.
So yes it was fan appeasement.

God forbid a character have a defining tragic encounter with a vicious enemy she overcomes through internal strength and hard work.

Selfie!

Yes, it was fan appeasement because of the cover controversy and Tumblr people still thinking that Barbara was raped by the Joker.

Ok then TKJ is canon since you seem to like it
No need to get the triggered

The thing is user is that camstew didn't want Tragedy to define Batgirl.

The art for this shit is horrible

I wonder which one will end up being worse?

The killing joke didn't have babs overcome through internal strength and hard work.

And it shouldn't, but that's also why it was a bad idea to regress her back to Batgirl in the first place instead of just using another girl.

This is true. Ostrander did the heavy lifting. Moore didn't do shit.

SHE'S A MAN, BABY, YEAH!

Why is Babs going for a free throw?

The problem was that the killing joke doesn't have any of that, Batgirl is literally just a victim, and the biggest punchline is that in the end bats and Joker just laugh it off. There's not closure for Batgirl in that story, that's why the animated movie will have a Batgirl section showing her importance to gotham and the batman Mythos

so no one is going to talk about dinah also being retconned?

But Ostrander took that and built something great.

Because the clock is running out and the score is tied.

How? Dinah was established as an older friend of Babsgirl since the beginning of Nu52.

Yeah I know, but those SJW Tumblr feminists won't read any of that crap and will just say "we wuz victims", with that they can have their cake but not ate it. Same for us

>"the past is prologue"
Oh wow, got legitimately triggered there.

That's a bad sign.

No, we read comics so we knew they already retconned her back to Lance in Green Arrow. Maybe even in the DCU Rebirth issue, I can't remember.

Wasn't she supposed to be Dinah Drake? Now she's a Lance again and Drake is a relative.

brah i also read comics, i'm pretty sure it was vague in both times.

Both Gordon and the Batgirl are victims in The Killing Joke. But nobody gives a fuck when an old man gets tortured.

Oh yeah, forgot the owner of the amusement park entirely. I guess we should have an outrage about him too being a helpless victim who even goes as far as to DIE in the story.

Oh, yeah. She's supposed to be Lance because for all intents and purpose she's a widow.

Yup

Yeah, but TKJ fandom mostly ignores that and doesn't care about it. Or they try to steal the praises that belong to Ostrander and put them on Moore. I hope they make some movies with oracle after TKJ movie, Ostrander deserves to get the credit for his work to big audiences.

The Cheek and Chin plates are horrible, the nose is pretty bad, cover artist didn't even bother with the red outsoles.

She looks like she's eighty

That's a man's body...

But Tarr's art is shit.

Maybe generally (I have more of a problem with her storytelling than her pinups), but that cover is good to me. Probably helps that the logo uses the same shade of blue.

>never written a comic before
>Not really sure why that's a bad thing.

You don't see why having no experience in the medium is a bad thing?

I AM STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN I CAN SMASH DNDUS GREG KEKKKA SAYS SO

Oracle is explicitly back in continuity now. Interesting.

A that the fucking merchant? In the middle panel Jesus tappdancing Christ, she's a hunchback with a fucking schooner for a nose.

I like this artist's independent work and really don't like their art here. I wonder if it's the coloring or it being to a quicker pace.

I mean outright their art isn't bad:

instagram.com/pretendanimator/

But a lot of this doesn't look good.

But everybody who ever written a comic before was someone who has never written a comic before before.

i like pretending they care Dick and Babs are supposed to be 21/22

Not really, everyone in every medium has their first time, some are good, some are bad.

Experience is generally better but they might be fine. The preview here doesn't seem too unusual at least.

Why does she have the nose of a severely jewsh or italian old man?

Here's a picture of the artist.

Jesus christ it's only a picture on my screen but I can smell the crusty pussy-funk from here.

She's better when she does the manga nose. Also while that supes doodle of her looks constipated she draws him with trunks so I respect the hell out of that.

I saw a she-hulk of hers once that was arguably more hideous than Pulido or Wimberly's