Justice League #1 Storytime

Anons, I have a dream. A dream that all the little black Sup Forumsmrades and all the little white Sup Forumsmrades and all the little Sup Forumsmrades inbetween would read the entire 2 years of Rebirth together. In storytimes. From Action Comics to Wonder Woman to everything in between. Let us continue on this journey/.

Other urls found in this thread:

www42.zippyshare.com/v/wG6TGb7T/file.html
www2.zippyshare.com/v/n9BB9sWe/file.html
www67.zippyshare.com/v/JhawWcSD/file.html
www56.zippyshare.com/v/NDIrfFup/file.htm
www80.zippyshare.com/v/irpGIgBX/file.html
www7.zippyshare.com/v/Lvb6G1XU/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HIIIIIIIIITCH

what a cunt
that goes against like every rule of warfare wtf
she has no respect for anything

Who is Cyborg talking to? Lanterns have clearly left the conversation.

What the fuck are you talking about?
The point is to avoid warfare.

FYI: The Kindred is originally from WildStorm

Heard this was shit. Lowering my expectations. Betting that once the hype ends this'll go down back to low 50-40K Orders.

Justice League 01 (2016) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www42.zippyshare.com/v/wG6TGb7T/file.html

Justice League Rebirth 01 (2016) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www2.zippyshare.com/v/n9BB9sWe/file.html

well... it wasn't shit but it's just another fucking set up issue where nothing happens. The League doesn't even meet. At least the art is good. We just met the Reapers and now we're immediately going to what? another fucking alien/mystic cult that mind controls people? What the fuck Hitch.

Well, for what it's worth, at least it is better than the Rebirth chapter.

So she carries two swords now and they strap on to her thigh (garters? thigh straps?) - I know spies, male and females carry knives in their boots and so forth - is this how she's being drawn in her ongoing?

This is nice two pager

See, this is why I don't like the shield.
It makes blocking bullets with her bracelets look ridiculous. And then Cap bullshit.

Presumably, he records everything - in older canon, they often would have their meetings and review stuff; it's not really shown anymore, too slow for today's kids who want POW, BAM, FISTS every second.

Presumably they are also all on coms, so he's essentially talking to whomever is listening, but not really, it's for the readers. You want Captain Marvel to hang around in Billy Batson form so he has a kid sidekick to talk to?

>You want Captain Marvel to hang around in Billy Batson form so he has a kid sidekick to talk to?
Yes. I want Captain Marvel to always be hanging out with Cyborg. Why wouldn't someone?

>"it ain't me" starts playing

Massively better, if only because Daniel and the other artists are bringing their A-game.

>Justice League went from being one of the most hyped and bumped storytimes under Johns to being almost completely ignored now

Oh how the once mighty fall.

I probably can't count the Starro ripoffs on one hand

They should've put Orlando on this desu.

well part of it is we're getting the same sort of story that has been done several dozen times in this book in the last decade, and it's gotten incredibly old, especially since like most Justice League arcs this will have no impact on any other book whatsoever despite the huge scale it's operating on which completely destroys ones suspension of disbelief

I feel they should have waited a bit for this storyline and do tie ins

This would work really well for tie ins because it's something that you don't need to have them have any affect on the main story just show each hero helping with the earthquakes while the justice league works to fix it.

Wait he kept the entiretyof bejing stable

That's a lot of power.

Ok having finished the issue I take that back.
I loved this issue the bits that are just the justice league saving people are great it's the sort of tone display that justice league rebirth fucked up trying to show.

On the other hand the antagonist is shaping up to be something really retarded.

I feel like they are nerfing flashes speed here.

Who thought giving the flagship title to Hitch was a good idea?

This is the worst book coming out of Rebirth, I can't believe it.

Lets be honest darkseid war certainly dident help.

I'm still annoyed they time skiped over starro.
I'm honestly surprised they never released any books covering that time period.

>can see her underwear
don't tell Rucka

This was much better than the Rebirth oneshot.

I didn't say I wouldn't - I'm wondering where he's supposed to be since we haven't seen him in these two issues so far.

I meant as BILLY - in other words, as a sidekick, like Jimmy was for Supes in the radio show, as was Bucky for Cap, Robin for Bats, etc.

>implying the Flash's speed has ever been consistent in literally any book ever

I'm gonna be honest. I'd rather have the Justice League be mediocre and have the other books be good than the other way around. The Superman Family hasn't been this solid in ages.

At least they're keeping Jessica not being able to make constructs consistent across the books.

>You want Captain Marvel to hang around in Billy Batson form so he has a kid sidekick to talk to?

Yes.

I don't read Green Lantern, so I don't know what the fuck is going on with these two new Green Lanterns.

But what the fuck is the point of a Green Lantern if she can't make green willpower constructs?!

Also, is it just weird casual sexism that the guy can make shit and the girl can't? What am I missing?

I don't know what they were expecting when they made the costume to be honest.

They came just short of implying that Superman as faster.
It's obvisuly more that he can save the day faster then the getting round the world but on first glance it looks like it.

She can't make constructs because she's new and unsure of herself.
I give it at most 3 issues before she works it out.
Also you should read it it's really really good.

I'd argue it's just because he can fly, while Flash is generally stuck the ground having to avoid buildings and mountains and shit

You should stop whatever you're doing now and read Green Lanterns since it's been fucking great.

Jessica has the potential to be a great Lantern but she also has alot of personal hang-ups that're currently preventing her from being a proper GL.
>is it just weird casual sexism that the guy can make shit and the girl can't?
Fucking stop. It's because of her character that she can't (she has pretty severe social anxiety and self esteem issues) it's got literally nothing to do with her sex.

I was asking if it was weird casual sexism. I don't know shit about the character except that she had Power Ring's ring at some point and is now a Green Lantern.

Maybe I should. I just really don't like Green Lantern that much. Actually let me rephrase that. I HATE Hal Jordan and am indifferent to pretty much the entire Green Lantern mythos except for when Kyle was the only Green Lantern.

Yah that makes sense

Your in luck hal fucked off to space after being in 2 pages of the first issue.
It's basically a buddy cop book.

Flash can phase through objects. He can always go straight to anything. That was literally one of the points made in their earlier races.

>It's basically a buddy cop book.

This is where my indifference steps in. I don't "hate" the concept of the Green Lantern Corp I just don't care about it one bit.

I'll read through it the next time someone story times it and see how it is because Hal not being in the book does make it more appealing.

It's shaping up to have some rather varied tone the upcoming solicits are a lot more light hearted then the new issue for one.
Issue 2 was the best so far.

Action is pure mediocrity but I agree. All books there look to be solid and New Super-Man looks like an early winner.

But Kyle is the worst part of the GL long story user...

I haven't been reading action but I really like what there doing with detective

Action is good. The most recent issue was really fucking ace!

Agreed. Really loving how detective is picking up the hypercrisis.

>Action is pure mediocrity
You're objectively wrong.

I should check it out.
I think my excitement over lex with a motherbox is starting to overtake my disappointment that we never got anything out of lex luthor ruller of apokalips.

I was talking more about the focus on batfamily members.

There's story times for the last three Actions in Desu (the Sup Forums archive) but here are the three since Rebirth:

Action Comics 957 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
www67.zippyshare.com/v/JhawWcSD/file.html

Action Comics 958 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
www56.zippyshare.com/v/NDIrfFup/file.htm

Action Comics 959 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
www80.zippyshare.com/v/irpGIgBX/file.html

You probably want the last (New 52) Justice League to understand a bit about Lex and, if so, read IT FIRST:

Justice League 052 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www7.zippyshare.com/v/Lvb6G1XU/file.html

>Aquaman has facial hair

Good, continue not shaving Arthur. Become GOAT Aquaman with long hair and a beard!

Mera doesn't like it senpai

I like that they dident forget Atlantis
Also glad they have already abandoned the rock texture on his costume

Holy shit, is someone at DC actually going to try and use Wildstorm properties again?

He looks good here, now that you've brought my attention to it, the stubble doesn't look good (although it usually doesn't on fair haired folk) - a full on beard would probably help.

So it's not a new villan I will have to check that out.

I have a pretty good idea of what they will be like though.

Hitch isn't a very exciting writer even when he's pleasant

I think the team roster barely changing made some people lose interest too

I really really hate how Zionist this piece of crap is.

Pure propaganda

It's terrible, if she were doing that to Israeli soldiers or americans ones there would be a huge controversy. I never get offended by anything in the media but this kind of bullshit is the ultimate goal of being PC. To use SJW crap to manipulate the opinions of retards, It's pure "us vs them" crap out of the early cold war.

It is, this looks nothing like the Wildstorm Kindred.

I really loved that. Excited to pick up the trade.
Has JLA got a trade yet?

I hope you realize the irony in your post

>>Justice League went from being one of the most hyped and bumped storytimes under Johns to being almost completely ignored now

With amazo it was already not longer "hyped", then Darkside war threads were smaller and smaller, the first 2 issues had more posts hating than "hype", by the end of it it was considered a Storytime of pain.

If you don't understand why is a huge deal that a non-american embassador is literally attacking the russian army it means you are the perfect target for this kind of book. It implies "is ok when Israel and his dog of war does it".

Isn't she still the god of war as far as she knows? Can't she make the rules?

She is bussy trying to start a war with Russia.

Pretty sure that's not the russian army. Also Wonder Woman isn't American or legally connected to America.

no I mean you turning your complaint about us vs them into an us vs them thing itself

that was fake. she wasn't a real god of war they just convinced her she was. it was in her rebirth book

Decent. Great art. If anything it's big dumb action with high stakes.

The Rebirth book didn't say it was fake. It said her origins are inconsistent and she doesn't know what's true yet.

This is going to suck. Every Supergirl series with Kara Zor-El has been garbage. It's like the character's fucking cursed.

I think you just don't like the character.