cometh the hour part 1

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

here we go

reminds me of the page from Flesh and Stone with Iosif in Russia

still wondering what they'll even do after hell on earth

Campbell's depiction of Hell isn't really living up to Mignola so far

Arcudi has been pretty insistent that the end of his run feels like an ending and not just a lead in to a new story so I don't know.

Things have really gone to shit.

brilliant sequence

what would Hellboy do

beat it with his giant fist, that's how he did it last time

Bump

The B.P.R.D. artist stable of honestly looking pretty weak.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to find out, since the demoness is walking directly towards pandemonium; where hellboy currently resides.

pandemonium is gone m8

The first half of the issue looks great

How long until the next one?

Somehow it really depressed me to know the US Military only had 9 working ICBMs left, that just throws in your face how fucked things are.

But not it's best.

campbell is all that's left isn't he
tyler crook to harrow county
davis is gone from comics entirely
harren to rumble
stenbeck is around sometimes
that just leaves snejbjerg and campbell

Bloody.Fucking.Hell.

That's expected. No one but the artist himself can do it right. But,in my opinion,Campbell does a proper enought work. The panel with Amdusias' skeleton really got into me.

Yeah, mostly just not a fan of how he's drawing the foresty stuff

So what is Varvara's plan? I don't think there are even enough demons in hell to scratch the Jahad, I think she's either planning to release Pluto, the Watcher trapped under Pandemonium and throw it against the thing or she might even be looking for Hellboy to somehow covvince him to transform once more into the beast like in Hellboy in Hell #10, he sure as shit looked strong enough to take on a single Ogdru Jahad in there, I'm pretty sure he could even use vril there.

i think she will try to convince hellboy to release the army, since the army's number matches the ogdru, Hellboy fighting alone would be like liz or johan

I think Varvara will try and make Hellboy rise the Army of Hell (the one made from the souls of the damned,not the demon one) and go back Earth to kick some cosmic dragon ass. Iosif's there just to remind Hellboy of mortality and how fucked up are his friends,in case he doesn't want to move from his confy retirement.

I just want Johann to make it "alive", he's my favorite character and I've had a bad feeling ever since I noticed he wasn't on the photo in Liz's vision and even with the Sledgehammer suit he's not doing too well.

good point, iosif been fighting with helboy's friends, so its really clever of varvara to bring someone who can tell hellboy about his buddies and convince him to do somre crazy shit for them

what happened to the crazy sword dude anyway?

He's alright, he's implied to be fighting monsters along with the other agents somewhere.

At this point the worst that can happen with him is becoming a Whatcher-like thing like the previous owners of the suit.

Unless the Ogdru Jahad eat his soul...

Did you noticed that we are getting more like the pic? Desmond is getting some muscles like he had there, Abe will probably go there to face the crazy Necromancer that is trying to reach the Ogdru Jahad, and there is a chance that Varvara will bring Hellboy.

Oh shit man.

>Did you noticed that we are getting more like the pic?
Yes, so far everything is going that way, hell you can even see some of the ogdru hem from Liz's vision in this issue.
>there is a chance that Varvara will bring Hellboy.
I don't think this will happen, at least not yet for the sole reason Mignola said there won't be any more Hellboy comics for two years and he'd have to leave whoever takes the helm for the final phase of B.P.R.D. to write him. At most I think he will bring out the army of hell to fight the jahad and then take it back with him once it's done.

Hellboy and the BPRD is still coming out though

I seem to have missed how Iosef got here.

Haven't been keeping up. Been planning to read the entire series in one go again after it finishes.

Anyone mind telling me what happened to Iosif?

Afraid to open thread since I'm only at Killing Ground at this point. Holy shit it's been a ride so far.

He released Vavara at the end of the last arc

Hahahahahhahahahaha you have NO IDEA.

In the case that you don't have all the issues so far

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179

He just showed up on Hell, Varvara took him there.

My theory, is that she took his soul, which finalized her contract with the Czar back them (she was suppused to take his soul and them go back to Hell, but decided to stay) and makes her instantly go to Hell.

ALSO, a ring of the order of the fly, like here is said to allow a demon to stay how long he want outside of Hellife, according to a Ashley Strode story and Hellboy fithing that demon on a bridge in Britain.

You wouldn't believe the things awaiting you user.

So I've heard. I've literally devoured them in a week or so up to this point. Hope to finish them by the time I get back to work

I read the entirety of the Mignolaverse in about two weeks more or less following pic related (and reading the uncollected stuff afterwards). It was an incredible ride and now waiting for monthly issues is pure torture.

Reread Hellboy after Mignola wrapped and now I'm gonna reread BPRD at the end of Arcudis run. It's like visiting an old friend

Bump

Oh fucksticks, "she's" loose.

And so pretty.

This sequence is thematically similar to Johanns dream in today's issue

so we're past the preset amount of Ogdru Hem?

no I think it was in abe sapien that they said there are 369 and the number never changes, so each they kill a new one pops out I guess

Either that or because their spirits can't be destroyed it's just rebirthing all the ones they've killed

yeah maybe, wasn't sure if the Ogdru Jahad could make more though because it's describing as birthing them and that's what they did last time.

Still they're proper fucked I guess.

not what I imagined it to really look like

havent we actually seen what she looks like a long time ago in their origin?
was that one of the other brothers then?

It was the last two pages of BRPD 1946, Issue 2.

I would have imagined that she'd keep her fine rainment, but who the hell knows how demon clothes work

given the art, i think i was actually thinking of another issue (it could have just been an art i guess, it was magnola iirc)
BUT i was definitely thinking of the left brother there, which given the "notgoat" eyes was just a presumption then that she was the goat brother

Appearances definitely changed. Varyara is obviously the right brother on , but neither of the other two have a cow-skully face. The Goat/Lion one has goat horns, while the second whose horns do match up look like Hellboy mixed with a gorilla.

The cow head is Amdusias, who appeared in Hellboy in Hell #2, I think, in the flashback sequence Sir Edward gives to Hellboy about how he got in Hell. The gorilla guy is Beleth, who appeared in BPRD, but I don't remember exactly on which issue. I remember in that issue Varvara was shown in its true form, trying to communicate with Beleth, just to reach a pair of imps that were devouring Beleth's carcass,and whom Varvara enthralled and sent to Earth .

The name of the one with goat horns I do not know,though. And,if I had to guess, Varvara's true name must be Barbatos. In fact, in demonology, Barbatos together with Aamon and Pruslas are the lieutenants of Astaroth...

damm, that head is so mignola-ish

Damn I really hope there is some victory for the end that is coming.

what exactly IS Pluto?

So how much longer do you think this continues on before the end. With 150 looming that seems like a really good place for something climatic.

It isn't anywhere near as good as it has been in the past, but the momentum and the desire to see it end is undeniable.

bump

A Watcher,one of the angels that were created by God in the first place, present during the creation of the Ogdru Jahad and responsable with all the other Watchers of Anum's murder (Anum was the Watcher who used the Vryl to make the Ogdru Jahad).
His supposed to be buried somewhere below Pandemonium, but now that Hell has sunk into the lake of fire I don't know what to think.