Isn't it amazing that Bart was considered such an outrageous character in the early '90s?

Isn't it amazing that Bart was considered such an outrageous character in the early '90s?

There were so many concerned parents that were worried that his rebellious personality would corrupt the minds of children everywhere.

In retrospect, it's so quaint and cute.

Only Christ fag moms cried about it.

My mom wouldn't let me watch The Simpsons because of Bart's graffiti

Only briefly. Beavis and Butthead took the mantle from him pretty quickly when the show was blamed for encouraging a 5-yr-old to set his own house on fire because Beavis likes fire.

The use of child abuse for comedy was extremely fucked up.

Times changed and people realize kids are much, much worse than anything Bart could be.

It would be way more fucked up if the simpsons started today though.

Especially compared to modern characters like Cartman and Stewie who kill people without remorse.

That's always extremely silly and tongue-in-cheek, though, while Bart at least feels kind of genuine.

I think back then, it wasn't as usual to have child characters act out like him.
They were all cookie cutter cute, and goody two shoes characters.

Bart caused Columbine.

Not really, we have some next level child abuse for humor on Family Guy now. I used to love the show until I realized it influenced how my friends parent their kids now. They straight up rip into them constantly now just like Peter and it's honestly terrifying that grown ass adults can think that imitating a cartoon is a good idea.

>modern characters like Cartman

That's fucked up

Fuck, South Park is nearly 20 years old now. That's insane.

I remember in one episode where Bart taught Lisa how to be a boy. Could the opposite happen someday?

It really is. I never bought into the idea that cartoons and tv influence people beyond maybe kids, and really only temporarily, until I witnessed this. It's honestly... depressing. Are people really this stupid? Are they this fucked up? My friends seemed like such good people when we were younger, but maybe they were predisposed to this? I don't know anymore.

What do you mean? Like in what way do they imitate him? It's been awhile since I've seen the show but do you mean like farther in their face and all the shit he does to Meg?

Seriously? Who the hell would want to imitate Peter?

I once saw an episode where Peter was against beating women, and I wanted to punch every broad I see just to be less like Peter.

I know someone who grew up watching South Park as a kid and came an honest-to-god, unironic anti-semite because he learned from Cartman. I know people on Sup Forums talk bad about Jews all the time but for the most part I can tell it's facetious - this guy actually treated Cartman as a role model and thought he was right.

It's very naive. Sure, we would claim it's not the case so moralfags won't take away our vidya and violent cartoons but let's be real - corporations spend billions on influencing us through media. How can you think it doesn't work?

Sounds like someone who wasn't supposed to watch the show to begin with

That's fucked up. There's nothing wrong with beating up females.

The way he treats Meg, constantly berating her and calling her worthless and telling her to shut up. They do all of that shit and laugh about it like it's the funniest shit ever.
I KNOW RIGHT? I don't fucking know why ANYONE would want to! He was funny because of how absurdly fucked up he is. Although I hope you don't just beat up any woman, man or whoever in your life just because they annoy you.

I guess I am pretty naive. I just wanted to believe people were smarter than this I guess. I really don't want people to take away our vidya and cartoons either but... God damn. I think I finally understand why governments want more control over their people. The people are fucking morons.

>The way he treats Meg, constantly berating her and calling her worthless and telling her to shut up. They do all of that shit and laugh about it like it's the funniest shit ever.
I hope their kids brutally murder them one day. 'Cause that'd be Family Guy as fuck.

I'm honestly considering calling child protective services. I've tried confronting him about it but he thinks I'm a pussy for not thinking it's funny. His kids are so timid and sweet, I'm terrified he's beating them too.

Your friend is verbally abusing his children under the guise of thinking it's "funny". That is beyond sociopathic and disgusting.

I'd say you should absolutely call child protective services.

I'm definitely going to do that, then. Part of me was hoping I could talk some sense into him, but I've tried and I think he's beyond any help now. Thanks for listening and helping me feel less guilty about all of this.

You're really brave. These kids are worth at least being looking into. Thank you for doing what's right

Remember the "moral majority"? Republicans are still trying to ride that ticket to the national election.

And that, children, is how Sup Forums was made!

I thought they ride "troll everyone with walls and shit" ticket this days.

>friends
>s

Why do stupid people breed the most? Those kids are gonna grow up to be repressed, anxiety ridden NEETs.

I had nice parents and grew up anxiety ridden NEET anyway. It's internal problem, not external.

Yeah I guess I was projecting there

Isn't it amazing that he also became the most boring part of the Simpsons as time went on?

I mean, fuck, as bad as Lisa can be, at least she makes me react. Bart does nothing for me these days.

I don't think The Simpsons have characters anymore.

"cried" about it, yes.

But even I remember being a bit shocked to hear a kid cartoon character saying hell over nad over again on national tv from the "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment" episode when it first aired.

Maybe you grew up with the boundaries pushed by South Park but this was something a bit out there for 1991.

What the dumbass whiners at the time didn't get was that the Simpsons was one of the most religion-friendly show on the air. How many other shows had families going to church? Had cast members praying? Going to their preacher asking for advice? Discussions of morality?

They mostly got flanderized and they sometimes change to fit in whatever plot the shitty writers put together

Maybe try to get some collaborating evidence so he can't pretend to be sn angel and get off scot free

+1

Yeah, I remember. I also remember when a guy like this was considered shocking.

90s parents were a bizarre anomaly that will never be explained
and yet i still hear a lot of their kind of thinking in parents today. it's fucking warped, dude

>corporations spend billions on influencing us through media. How can you think it doesn't work?
because they're idiots? and most of their problem is how much money they waste on dumbass shit because the worst people are at the top and hold all the power.
that said, for the first time in history, advertising actually DOES kind of speak to normal people, instead of being the equivalent of TOTALLY RADICAL and missing the point of all the cultures it tries to appeal to

The governments MADE people stupid, using public school as their tool, to make them more controllable AND to make people like you ALLOW them to take control.
remember how that is and was always the liberals, and now they're just using different labels?

>and yet i still hear a lot of their kind of thinking in parents today. it's fucking warped, dude

You hear the same shit in every generation. I remember when Pokemon Cards were satanic, Mortal Kombat was turning kids into murderers, and Ren and Stimpy was shit you weren't allowed to watch.

People were pussies before the internet. You couldn't show anything.

Well, they did try to up his outrageousness at the beginning of the 2010s. Like the time he tried to tear down his school.

>Sup Forums convinced a guy to call Child Protective Services
Sup Forums really is love after all.

Not really. Roseanne was already a hit when the Simpsons hit its stride.

While it didn't influence me any other way, as a kid the Simpsons pushed me towards using choking as my go-to fight move when I got into scuffles.

Ren and Stimpy was actually pretty fucked up, though, on multiple levels. I won't argue whether or not kids should watch it if they want to, but it's definitely belongs in a different category as compared to harmless shit like Pokemon or DnD.

Mom wouldn't let me watch because of him.

That explains so much. Still, shut the fuck up.

Oh, I ended up watching anyway. First episode was Who Shot Mr Burns Part 2.

Eventually she just stopped trying.

Remember how big of a deal it was that South Park said "shit" 162 times back in 2001?

Now shit is said on virtually every cable show. Hell, there's been a few uncensored fucks on basic cable in the past year. I was watching American Crime Story on FX and one of the characters said "MOTHERFUCKER!". I'm pretty sure it's the first time that's ever happened on non-premium cable show.

I'm not sure what to think of it. On the one hand, censorship is bullshit. On the other hand, censorship and limitations seems to have always inspired creators to be more creative with how they get past the censors.

The most boring thing in comedy for me is when there's constant cursing. It's just lazy and easy. I hope this doesn't start a new trend.

Who is this semen demon?

>First episode was Who Shot Mr Burns Part 2

HAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT

Why do you make friends with literal retards?

>remember how that is and was always the liberals, and now they're just using different labels?

i dont know if i would consider bush senior "liberal".

Really? Fuck's finally slipping out of Premium Television?
Man, there's not going to be anything left for TV to censor aside from nudity and snuff.

Pic related is the first thing I ever jacked off to as a kid. It's Maude Flanders' cleavage from a Season 2 episode. I would load up the DVD, pause this moment, and rub my dick with my pants still on, being somewhat confused as to why I was doing it.

The Simpsons DID corrupt my little innocent mind.

This. While the Simpsons got some flak for making fun of Christians and the church, MTV was getting far more even before Beavis and Butthead arrived.

>remember how that is and was always the liberals

Maybe take a second to look up the definition of "liberal".