twitter.com/nickelodeontv/status/756198198817857537

Hey Arnold The Jungle Movie production art revealed

Abner got fat

"As you can see, Abner put in a little weight" - Craig Bartlett

Arnold in the new movie

>Grandpa is 11 feet tall
Wow, really makes u think huh?

Better view of Arnold

Do we know what animation style is going to be used?
Is it gonna be traditional hand-drawn like the original show, or is it gonna use Flash/Toon Boom?

"FOBEY!
"ELLGA!"

Football head looking sexier than ever...

>Gerald didn't shave the back
DROPPED

OMG can't wait

This looks good so far

That Helga

Twelve years later, and Arnold is still fly as fuck--the jacket and the Chucks adds to it.

Gerald is the only one who seems the most changed, but overall the character style of the show seems almost intact

Muh calarts

looks better than that shitty nuppg reboot

So Phoebe has attained main character status

neat

This is godsend over the crappy cartoons we've been receiving of the past years with SJW pandering like Steven Universe Sanjay and Craig Breadwinners and NuPPG

>Sanjay and Craig
>Breadwinners
>SJW pandering

Could you elaborate?

>Grandpa is eleven feet tall

You expect a manlet to knock Hitler's dick into the dirt?

Phoebe

>phoebe wearing a skirt
>helga is now wearing the 'just a long shirt' phoebe used to wear
the fuck

It's perfect, thank you god

mai waifu

I loving this year more and more

This looks promising. I am cautiously optimistic.

WHERE THE FUCK IS RHONDA

might just be my eyes seeing things that aren't there, but I think Helga's started to get affected by puberty(which doesn't surprise me, I can totally buy Helga being an early bloomer due to both her mom and Olga's physiques)

also these designs give me the impression that there might be a slight timeskip between the end of the show and the beginning of TJM(not a huge one, just possibly a year or so)

2016 is overall a pretty crappy year, but I won't deny that what good things have happened have been pretty great

she'll probably be shown off with the rest of the school kids, she's not exactly a main character after all

they're all being drawn with, like, proper legs now, so they all look taller
they used to just draw them down to the waist then add in teeny legs

Not that user, but how is this year crappy? What's bad about it for you?

well Helga seems to have a slight curve to her chest that could indicate her beginning to get boobs for one thing

well besides all the celebrity deaths, global crises, mass shootings, terrorism, and America's political system becoming even more of a joke than usual, had a death in the family recently which I think is enough to mark a year as crappy

he never left the 90's

woooo slight boobs!

dude, if you let it get to you, the political joke system wins. also the terrorists. as for the global crises, remember they have all turned out to be fake every time, so don't worry about that.
just get a gun, and carry on

well it helps that the original creator's behind it

>When will the short man ever learn

Anyone else hope that this is still set in the late 90s or maybe like 2001 at the latest? I mean, the primary demographic of people who are going to see this are in their mid 20s-early 30s who watched the show when they were kids.

Are they older or are they still 9?

it's not as if their timeframe ever made sense in the first place

We don't know yet but going off these pics it seems reasonable to assume there's a slight timeskip.

This looks great.

Well, it's not gonna be traditional cel-based animation, I'm not even sure that exists anymore, but probably digital hand-drawn.

oh I'm not letting it get to me(even if this election is the textbook definition of having to choose between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich)

hard to say, wouldn't be surprised if they skipped ahead a year or two though(although at their ages even a couple months can make a huge difference)

I'm assuming they're going to continue to try and hit the sort of timeless vibe the original show had(which the show was a master at achieving, Ed, Edd, n Eddy is pretty much the only real rival in that area it has)

Oh well, now she doesn't run around bottomless anymore.

user was probably referring to Steven Universe, he just said that those other cartoons were crappy.

She could still be going commando.

not really. the natural political processes give us douches.
this was literally the news media saying "if you won't play dancing monkey in our media circus, you aren't allowed to participate in the debates which decide the candidates"
it's extremely illegal and something needs to be done about it

Sure, but now she wears a skirt. I always wondered what was wrong with Phoebe just wearing a shirt.

nothing at all.
goes without saying.

>just get a gun, and carry on
/k/, what are you doing here?

well until the other day I was of the "guns are great but they're too heavy and expensive to carry around with you, and if you don't have a car you have nowhere to put it while you're not wearing it" camp
but now that my mom nearly got overrun by a mob of angry cop killers, I'm starting to think it's time to invest

Hey Arnold! stopped being animated with cels for the past several years of it's run.

I can see that in the later seasons, digital always looks more clean.

Steven Universe is animated on paper, so it's still possible.

>They didn't fuck up his design

So, God exists after all

Its still a dress for Helga

Craig Bartlett himself would make no such fuck-ups.

Craig Bartlett is pretty based, right?

uhh no, it's drawn on cintiqs. no animation studio still keeps paper around. and even if it was, it would just be traced from that paper on cintiqs.

eh.. i miss the faux kilt.
also now he's wearing THREE shirts, which is kind of excessive.

Oh, he is based incarnate.

It's 90s as all hell tho, which is awesome.

true. i have always wanted to wear a tanktop over a t-shirt, so i could be like dbz.
but that's too many layers. and i'm too fat to tie a belt over it

If he actually looks like this and doesn't move like a Wakfu character...

I'm still having trouble accepting this reality. Even when the movie was confirmed it didn't really sink in until just now. Dear God, it's actually happening isn't it?

that much falseflagging from that one weird TMS guy, it didn't feel real to any of us

This art preview is getting me fucking pumped.

Still a bit cautious until I see it in motion, though. I'm really hoping they keep the same overall style.

I recall some of the most powerful moments from Hey Arnold were those very slow framerate moody bits, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Always had that soft jazz in the background.

Fuck I need to re-watch this show. How well does it hold up?

Look closely user. He's still rockin' the flannel, the contrast just isn't as sharp.

I didn't mean the shirt itself, i meant the way it was closed, under the shirt. (why would you wear an OPEN shirt under another shirt?)
they obviously changed it so it no longer looked like a skirt.

Arnold's last name is Shortman

>TJM happening

I don't regularly browse this board and was here looking for a Loud House thread. When the shit did this all happen?

The dynamic action poses are definitely reassuring. Helga's even doing her droopy Rick & Morty face at top left.

Casual lurker here. I believe it's been going on for a few months now or something. Maybe even a year.

Though if you wanna get technical, it's been going on since after the release of the first movie.

A few months ago. There were some articles about it but this has been the biggest development so far.

I know man, it's fucking crazy.

>Helga is no longer a chestlet
>Arnold is still a manlet

Wha? Why would they grow taller if this takes place right after the last episode?

Steven Universe is not SJW pandering, it's literally Rebecca being given free reign, and she has a girlboner for lesbians and FEELINGS.

The show is the way it is because she wants to make it that way.

i wish more people understood this
by all means, worry about its unsettlingly problematic content, but don't see a conspiracy where there isn't one. it'll only distract you from the real conspiracy which is like, right over there.. behind that thing.

Anything can happen in a day

That thing is simply the worst.

most of us are assuming that there's probably at least a couple months in universe between The Journal and TJM(it's not like Arnold can immediately drop everything to go running off to South America, show tends to be a bit more realistic in that regard), possibly even a year or two(would be a good way to explain any VA differences with the kids for one thing)

girls develop earlier, Arnold is going to be a really lucky guy, cause going off Miriam and Olga(not to mention Helga's "Cecile" look), Helga is going to be quite the stunner by the time puberty is done with her

They use paper mostly for pencil tests and short animatics. Actual animation is made in Toonz on Cintiqs, digital ink all the way from model sheets to final cut.

It doesn't, at least not in cartoons. The last toon to be traditionally animated was EEnE, and only until season 4 - S4 used cel outlines and digital colour.

Gonna be weird for all the kids to have new VA. Arnold was always getting changed, but for the other kids it'd gonna be weird.

and storyboarding too right.

aside from arnold didnt all their voices already change? so they wont have to replace anyone else

>another reboot
"""""""""""""""""""""""""yay""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Never thought this would happen. Nice.

nope Helga was always one VA, and she's returning for this

No, their storyboards are made in Photoshop.
Though with a show that has as many different boarders as SU may have some traditional pencil and paper storyboards around. Most behind-the-scenes show their storyboards being made in PS tho.

>nothing since 2004
>all hope had gone

For once, the obsession with sequels and reboots pay off.

A skirt huh, so there's a chance of a pantyshot, right?

>reboot
Was your brain made in China?

Could HA! exist as a show today? Like hypothetically if TJM did well and Nick wanted to bring it back, would kids even watch it? It's not really energetic or wacky like all kid shows today seem to be.

In fact it was!

It's not any less wacky or energetic as, say, Steven Universe.

I can't believe this is happening and shaping up to be as perfect as possible...