I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does is send most of his guys to their deaths while Horvath...

I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does is send most of his guys to their deaths while Horvath criticizes him.

youtube.com/watch?v=8xPYTXmjInc&ab_channel=XROUND

This plus losing 94 men under his command, plus the attack on the MG nest where Wade dies means he's just supposed to be a bad leader, right? Nobody was betting on what he was in civilian life because he was some kind of mysterious warrior. They were just wondering what possible profession this guy could have had given that he's always fucking up.

"Flying Over OP's Head", the movie, starring OP.

"it was a tough assignment. that's why you got it"

????

i dont think thats what it was

Tough != important

A lot of men can die in combat regardless of the skill of the leadership
t. was in the Canadian Marines in Vietnam

>muh defilade

Was Vietnam like it was in the movies, sir?

It was a different time

Worse, course I can't tell you about it, classified and all that.

What did he mean by this?

>I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does is send most of his guys to their deaths while Horvath criticizes him.
The whole bunch of guys who storm the German fortifications are his men though, he's a captain, which means he commands a company, which is around 150 guys depending.

He wanted Parker to bust a move and get funky

Oh so you weren't there and are just an underage role player. kek and the other loser calling you sir.

The pathetic man animal's dome is about to be blown.

Both world wars were like that. Human lives were not as important as nowadays, in the sense that there wouldn't be so much political backlash if you sent thousands of men to a certain death.

In Europe, some cities were burned to the ground with 0 (zero) strategical advantage, but you didn't hear much protestations on the other side of the Atlantic.

The sergeant seemed to care

It was a sideshow. They wanted him out of the way.

Depends, lets say during D day his company was fighting against a company sized force that was well entrenched around their artillery (the objective). They have their sectors of fire, cover and time.

Miller's men ended up taking the objective so we can assume a 90%+ casualty rate for the Germans (around 500?). Which isn't to bad considering Miller was going off little Intel with no time to assault the position.

ohsome folks were born made to raise the flag
ooh the red white and blue

IT AINT ME

A lot of officers got canned following D-Day because of incompetence. If Tom Hanks made the cut he was probably worth something to military command.

Is France even real?

Hanks is steadily cracking up throughout the movie, and makes poorer and poorer decisions. His trembling hands are a visual clue, as are his attempts to justify himself in the church scene.