/who/ - Doctor Who General - Moffat Is The Worst Thing To Happen To Lore Edition

Last time:

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0208qdt
dailymotion.com/video/x21zeqi
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE

Moffat is literally the best thing to happen to nuwho.

fuck u buddy

That seen was honestly fucking terrifying for me when it aired...

literally nightmare-tier along with Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Ware-Rabbit, poor 8 year old me

holy shit

this is the full photo

Caro Skinner literally was ERASED

PROOF

Utterly terrifying then for some reason, laughable now.

Just fucking reveal 13 or cancel the show already

lane kteuzt

Reminder Moffat has written the best episode of every series of NuWho.

>Series 1: Empty Child/Doctor Dances
>Series 2: Girl In The Fireplace
>Series 3: Blink
>Series 4: Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead
>Series 5: The Pandorica Opens
>Series 6: A Christmas Carol
>Series 7: Name Of The Doctor
>Series 8: Listen
>Series 9: Heaven Sent
>Series 10: The Doctor Falls

moff genius

Your point still stands, but

>Series 10: Doctor Falls

Nah mate. It's World Enough and Time.

World Enough and Time is better than The Doctor Falls
your point still stands but this correction needs to change

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0208qdt
The commentary for this episode is so fucking comfy. They just chat about taking over from RTD and Yartek, leader of the alien Voord instead of the actual episode.

Series 1: The Empty Child
Series 2: The Impossible Planet
Series 3: Gridlock
Series 4: The Stolen Earth
Series 5: The Pandorica Opens
Series 6: The Impossible Astronaut
Series 7: The Bells of Saint John
Series 8: Mummy on the Orient Express
Series 9: Heaven Sent
Series 10: Thin Ice

No he hasn't

>Series 10: Thin Ice

>Series 3: Gridlock
haha
>Series 4: The Stolen Earth
HAHAHAHAHA fucking kill yourself
>Series 10: Thin Ice
literally jump of a bridge right now

World Enough And Time was good but The Doctor Falls was better. 12 was barely in WEAT and it relied to much on the reveal of Simm.

Woah user, imagine people having different opinions

>>Series 4: The Stolen Earth

>>Series 4: Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead
But Silence is literally just 5 irritating fucks stood around in a Library set talking at each other while some shadows appear and then a scooby doo skeleton appears

90+ AI score
9.1/10 IMDB score
8.78m

Looks like im not the only one to seriously fucking enjoy it

It sets a tone, and provides a lot of exposition. The benefit of a two parter is that you have more time to do this.

Maybe ratings have been low because they decided to take a whole fucking year off without making up for it with quarterly specials like they fucking should have

It's still shit though. Bland direction, annoying characters, River at her most irritating, 10 also quite irritating, a boring as fuck plot

The best bits are Dr Moon and Donna's simulation life

And yet Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead has a higher IMDb score and the second part isn't a total shitfest.
The only reason the AI is so high is all the god damn fanservice and the viewing figure is so high because it's the finale and all the Rose baiting.

And? Pyramids of Mars is basically just running back and forth between two boring locations while being chased by some top-heavy mummy robots. Both are top-tier, classic Dr Who.

Nah, ratings were dropping before the 2016 break

>AI
>IMDB
kek

>Silence in the Library
>classic Dr Who
kek

thinking Silence in the Library is better than Stolen Earth, keeeek

And yet series 9 c.uckolds use IMDB as a defence that it's anything above garbage tier

>It's still shit though.

Nice defence

The Doctor Falls was not better. It was good, but had the ending with Starfu knocks it down a few points for lazy writing.

Why does it matter that 12 was barely in WEAT? 10 was barely in Blink. WEAT works for the horror aspect, bringing a form of Spare Parts to TV. It dabbled with interesting sci-fi concepts and was thought-provoking. I don't think it relied on the Simm reveal, and knowing he was in it (and knowing Cybermen were in it) didn't detract from it's quality. Call me retarded but it took me till he entered the room where Missy was hacking the computer to realise he was Razor.

Don't go pretending your argument was any better for saying 'its bland its annoying its shit' pal. I can't refute what you're saying if you aren't saying jack shit, so I'll just laugh.

IMDB is good enough for Series 9 fans to use as a defence tho, hmm, double standards

>Library River is more irritating than River circa Series 6
Defend this opinion

thinking Stolen Earth is better than Silence in the Library, keeeek

ye but silence in the library is shit-tier user

Yeah. No idea why they didn't do a few episodes with the Doctor and Nardole alone. Would've warmed everyone to Nardole and allowed for some good interactions, as well as making 2016 not boring.

It is tho.

It's one of 10's worst episodes.

Since when did IMDB scores mattered in anything?

You might as well be citing wikipedia

So he is a great episode writer.
But a shitty showrunner

If someone else takes over I will definitely look forward to his episodes in which he has to tell a whole story and not just set up shit without payoff.

Don't tell the others, they'll only laugh.

they're always needed when series 9 cucks need to defend that shitfest of a series

>thinking Stolen Earth is better than Silence in the Library
In retrospect it kinda is

They set up the doctor's name and River
Both of which had shitty payoff.

Me on the right.

The ending was fine though. Also all the stuff with Bill realizing she's a Cybermen and coming to terms with that was far better than any of the Cybermen stuff in WEAT.

Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming. Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming. Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming. Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming. Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming. Reminder. The library has been breached. Others are coming.

Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved. Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved. Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved. Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved. Donna Noble has left the library. Donna Noble has been saved.

Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights? Hey, who turned out the lights?

>not annoying

Defend this

But it really isn't. Stop this meme.

will ratings be better next season? should the beeb do a real proper viral marketing campaign with cybermen in the streets and shit?

>reminder that adam is growing out his hair to be like capaldi

when did pcaps wear that in S10?

Lucy Crewe a qt.
>hair

No it wasn't. She was set up to be able to travel through space and time, and her appearing through Bill's tears was fine, but being able to pluck the mashed-up remains of bill from inside the Cyberman and restoring her to life, then being able to go back to the TARDIS (which the Pilot implied she couldn't do) is not fine at all. My Dad is a classic Doctor Who fan, as well as a NuWho one, and he seems to have good taste in episodes. When this bit happened he just said "What is going on..?"

The stuff with Bill is pretty good yes, but why do you think it's better than any of that sort of stuff in WEAT?

I know, it's pretty bad. I mean, Doctor Who villains have literally NEVER shouted repetitive, memorable phrases for dramatic effect before in the past. What was he thinking?

>no tracksuit-fu

KILL ME LADS

why did marthas entire character arc revolve around rose? she could have been a fantastic companion but she was always in the shadow of rose. literally every episode they had to mention her and then she fucking left because 10 didn't care about her. wow, great fucking arc RTD. fuck you!

that wasnt intentional. RTD was just sad rose was gone and pissed off that they got some animal to replace her

Silence in the Library takes the fucking biscuit tho

dailymotion.com/video/x21zeqi

39:12 onwards

>literally every episode they had to mention her
Not literally every episode.

And in the third episode, Martha even brought it up. "Ever heard of the word rebound?"

will the next doctor be fun? Or will the whole show be more edgy tryhard shit?

I miss when this show was fun

40:00 to the cliffhanger is literally unbearable

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

Midnight > Turn Left > Library > Finale

Fucking retard.

Dubs confirm.

donnanobulhazleftthulibrary donnanobulhazbinsayvhd donnanobulhazleftthulibrary donnanobulhazbinsayvhd donnanobulhazleftthulibrary donnanobulhazbinsayvhd donnanobulhazleftthulibrary donnanobulhazbinsayvhd donnanobulhazleftthulibrary donnanobulhazbinsayvhd

Why even bother watching moffat pleb tier when you can literally dive into a Doctor Who goldmine of good writing?

>listening to things without visual

This isnt the 1940's, I need visual stimulation

>I miss when this show was fun
2005-2010 was ultimate funkino

>repetition is annoying
>midnight is a great episode

I give you a few seconds to think about that one.

You're annoying.

>but being able to pluck the mashed-up remains of bill from inside the Cyberman and restoring her to life, then being able to go back to the TARDIS (which the Pilot implied she couldn't do) is not fine at all. \
Why? It's not any crazier than stuff we've seen in other finales. Rose became a literal god in S1. And the tardis thing was before they saved her in the pilot tbf.

>but why do you think it's better than any of that sort of stuff in WEAT?
The best part of the Cybermen is the human element which basically all of the previous NuWho Cybermen besides Death In Heaven were missing. But nobody cared about Danny so it was shit. The horror is nice too but imo the human element is better so I enjoyed WEAT more.

>>Series 4: Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead
>>Series 5: The Pandorica Opens
>>Series 6: A Christmas Carol
>>Series 7: Name Of The Doctor
>>Series 8: Listen
Except for these.

the next showrunner wrote torchwood so take that for what you will

>the next showrunner wrote torchwood
Yes, 10 years ago.

and it's only gotten worse with age

>I miss when this show was fun
Dinos on a Spaceship was Moffat's brief, but Chibnall made it funkino. 42 was average but had some fun ideas. Power of Three was GOAT until the ending. Chibnall will be good.

>That's it. Rose is in love with him, and looks up to him, which isn't the same thing.

rose literally fought the laws of time to come back and try and travel with him again. she definitely worshipped him m8.

Like Torchwood means anything. Moffat wrote Empty Child in 2005, then shit like Wedding of River Song in 2012 and dogshit like Death in Heaven in 2014

>rose literally fought the laws of time to come back and try and travel with him again. she definitely worshipped him m8.
Because Pete's World saw the effects of the reality bomb, meaning she had to try and contact the Doctor somehow. It isn't like she just dimension hopped just to shag him again.

They're both shit, actually, for those exact reasons. If you have to spend an entire episode explaining the next episode, you've made a bad episode.

I've never used imdb as a defence.

chibshills pls go

we all know he's going to be bad, no amount of shilling for his mediocre doctor who output will change that.

it's okay user

When they announced Moffat in 2008, I thought his Doctor Who would be GOAT. It was, for SERIES 5. Then he wrote absolute fucking dogshit and ran a shambles of a show for way too long.

I think the ending of series 1 is a bit pants too. Being no worse than other finales doesn't make it good.

The exploration of Bill's humanity only goes so far. Most of the time it's just normal Bill, with an occasional shot of the Cyberman. It's not exploring the human element really. I feel WEAT explores this a lot better anyway - we see how they have to be quietened and their emotions repressed - you see they're normal people like Bill but slowly get "tamed" .

The rest of the Cybermen in the Doctor Falls are your generic cannon-fodder anyway.

I assume you're the guy saying TDF is better than WEAT?

Tom Spilsbury, the editor of Doctor Who Magazine for twenty years, is leaving the job.

Why should we care? Because DWM is the main "official" connection between the show and the fans.

he'll be bad, but not any worse than moffat and RTD. it'll just be a new sort of bad, which is exciting

Clayton Hickman was editor before Tom, successfully keeping the magazine and brand alive throughout some of the wilderness and then the RTD revival. I'm sure Marcus Hearn will make DWM as good as Hickman and Spilsbury have done in the past. It's good to change things up.

>Series 1: Empty Child/Doctor Dances
>Series 2: The Impossible Planet/ The Satan Pit
>Series 3: Human Nature/ Family of Blood
>Series 4: Midnight
>Series 5: Amy's Choice
>Series 6: The God Complex
>Series 7: Almost universally mediocre, so, fuck it, The Power of Three for Brian.
>Series 8: The Mummy on the Orient Express
>Series 9: Heaven Sent
>Series 10: The Pilot, for being a pretty good homage to Asian horror and having some authentic feels in it.

>twenty years
jesus christ, that's a long time

>Why should we care? Because DWM is the main "official" connection between the show and the fans.
I feel like that doesn't really answer your question though. why should we care? it's not like the magazine is getting cancelled.

Another sign of cancellation incoming

Could Gareth take up the reigns?

>he'll be bad
I love the anons who have seen Series 11 already, before it's even started production. Holy kek.

And don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who YouTube channel.

I'm pro-chibnall though, user. take your keks some place else