Thanks, Michael Bay

Thanks, Michael Bay...

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Transformers-Animated-Movie-Coming-May-Actually-About-Transformers-83307.html
hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-acquires-irish-animation-studio-910909
go90.com/profiles/va_0a41e9fb10434ab4a483fc2c60e07885
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oc do not steal, buy chevy camaro zl1

Damn, looks better than G1 Rod

Looks good to me

It's a repaint kek.

Why is it bait? It's legit better designed.

I fail to see the problem here

That looks worse than Lockdown. Needs more kibble. Did they lose Josh Nizzi or something

Not really a repaint but he has fatter limbs than Bee.

Honest question: does anyone really give a shit about the Bayformers series? Critics despise them for being terrible, I assume Transformers fans despise them for completely shitting on the franchise, and it seems like the vast majority of its audience is only there for a two hour distraction explosion filled distraction in an air conditioned theater.

Foreign countries do. There's not much competition in the "giant robots fisting each other" genre, and the last one being Pacific Rim still doesn't have a sequel in the works.

Also there's a following for the first trilogy's scrapmetal aesthetic which up until now riles up angry debates in traditional vs present.

man that design is cringe worthy

I respecting enough as business model to provide a good enough return to keep people employed

It doesn't really shit up a franchise but rather, it's just one of the franchise's shit series.

The older ones, dirty as they were, looked better.

yeah, other than Bayformers there's literally nothing else in the Live Action Transforming Combiner Robots Genre.

>cinemablend.com/new/Transformers-Animated-Movie-Coming-May-Actually-About-Transformers-83307.html
>hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-acquires-irish-animation-studio-910909

Th-there's still hope right anons? R-right?

...Remember when Barricade was so cool in the first movie and you thought he would be a big part and then be in the second movie with back story and get into shouting matches with Starscream. Yeah...me too.

The animated movie's connected to Bayformers lore, and apparently the new writers and the signs in the shootings hinting on flashbacks along with Barricade's return are going to actually try and retcon/rebuild the lore.

Don't know how but they'll just do. Paramount doesn't want to let the current series reboot.

I don't remember jack shit from any of the movies.

Well it took four movies but they finally are going to give him the spotlight. In the filming there have been more sightings of Barricade, most of which had him strolling the roads with the other Decepticon cars, and no explosions whatsoever.

>opinions I don't like are bait!

Any reason why Transformers don't look like in cartoons and such? Only Optimus looks similar.

>and no explosions whatsoever.

Until post cause Bay will think it's too boring to have some cons just talking.

Rreeeaally now? Hmm, well I'm interested now. Barricade was the my ultimate "wasted" pet peeve back during the first movie, when my hopes for the second one was through the fucking roof.

He's a practical user of pyrotechnics, not Zack Snyder. For whatever reason there's three sightings of Barricade and the cons without any action set pieces (so far for the two, Barricade had his first action set piece with Bumblebee and a couple of other London police cars).

He was in Dark of the Moon but died there. Guess they didn't kill him good enough. Wonder what he looks like now.

>>It's been almost 10 years
>>Transfags STILL buthurt about Bay.
>>MFW

Another thing was that they hid the "Punish and Enslave" decal in the london police chase, which adds curiosity as to whether he was hiding in London.

Bay likes to detract from the established for some reason. Closest would be Ratchet still being a medic, Bee being yellow and Brawl being a tank.

Getting laughs at the forum speculation that he was just blinded and crawled away after his legs were blown, making him the Kenny of the movies where his running gag is dying in odd-numbered movies.

Hell he even died in the IDW comics, and he had a good character in it.

I remember back in 2007 when people cared way more about taking a property in a different direction. I still like the 07 one and the last one wasn't the worst thing ever.

I can't help it. Transformers taught me and my brother English. It was what bounded us at 6 am before school because it was the only thing playing that early besides the news or a Spanish drama. I can't stand that Bay made Prime into a murdering monster. Still not over it yet.

>He actually kept Hot Rod
Even as far as Transformers names go, I always thought that one was especially shitty. It's equivalent to calling Optimus "Semi" or Ratchet "Fleet Vehicle".

I still think the opening of the 07 one was incredible. Blackout's transformation and decimation of the military base was perfect.

>This bayformer looks worse than that bayformer

They all look the same, that's one of the major problems.

Meh, I preferred the third one as more exciting than the second while pretending than an hour-half of Cade's family wasn't in it for the fourth movie.

While I don't really trust Bay anymore, there's new writers in it ( some of which wrote Antman) and the Benghazi film wasn't too bad. Also, Bay has been going all out in social media promotions. He's been taking videos of the set, talking on stream at facebook and even said Barricade when passing by the police car.

Not really, Hot Rod just seemed like being Lockdown and Bumblebee's lovechild, or like a protoform who decided to put on SOME car kibble.

I'm still hoping that it's just unfinished concept art because even as an apologist for Bayformers designs, that's still pretty ugly.

>Transformers: The Last Knight
>Transformers: She Said
>Transformers: Oh Baby I Feel So Down
>Transformers: Oh It Turns Me Off
>Transformers: When I Feel Left Out

It's a different incarnation. There's a lot of Optimus Primes in different cartoons with his personality being one of Superman or Captain America.

They haven't been self aware of Prime's murderous actions until the fourth where he goes full angst against the humans and being tired of war and backstabbers in general.

Megatron's death though was the highlight of the Bayformers series.

You could just take OP's image and switch out the name of any other bayformer and it wouldn't matter because they all look like the same messy shit.

Blackout and Barricade had pretty good intro scenes of themselves.

I haven't watched 4. So he's no longer a crazy murdering sociopath? Cause, as shitty as Bayformers is, I love me some Murder Prime.

>trying to defend Bayshit

Well at least you can differentiate all of the autobots because they're the only ones with defining colors and designs. I'm more for "Are they sure that this isn't some of the genericons that would just be on screen for a few seconds?"

Nah, I can defend Optimus Prime but not the film series as a whole.

The original set of Decepticons deserved better. I wish these movies had better writing. Would have been funny if Barricade and Blackout were more interesting than Soundwave or Starscream right about now.

Is it bad that I kind of like Murder Prime?Hell, I'm glad IDW is making Optimus a little more ruthless as well though not quite to Bays extent.

He's more emotional in the fourth. Basically he
-when he was woken up the first thing on his mind was going out to find and help the other hunted Autobots
-mourned about Ratchet's death and punched the ground in frustration against the humans
-Had a cool banter with Galvatron
-Talked with Cade about losing faith in the future of himself and the humans
-Killed his first human to save Cade from getting shot point blanked, only to get stabbed by Lockdown in the process.
-He does stab Lockdown in the back and literally sliced him open while saying HONOR

Are there any transformers shows airing right now? The last I remember is that CGI Prime series.

You know, for whatever I'm cool with it in the comics cause they've built it up. For some reason I don't like it in the movies cause it just comes out of nowhere.

Well here's to stockholm, hoping that Barricade does indeed get better development.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH!

It's okay user, we all acknowledged your shitposting.

Robots in Disguise and the recently released Combiner Wars (the latter is based on but not a direct adaptation of the IDW combiner wars)

Blackout's scene was an amazing way to start the movie.

That's not even that bad, Transformers-wise...
Can someone get a close of the face?

Shame he never got a leader class toy.

Wow. Actual car parts on the robot. That's a step up from AoE

I AM THE HARBINGER OF DEATh

I'm torn. Like the fourth movie had really good looking robots for the Autobots side, but they hardly had any robot kibble to the point where they all transform from either a distance or offscreen.

He actually died twice in the IDW comics, first at Optimus' hands, then Bumblebee

Funny, he's had more resurrections than Megatron and Optimus Prime.

He definitely needed one.
His voyager toy was nice, except for that long backpack he has.

I guess the face is a little bad.

It's the face and the entirety of his back that's bad.

At least it is a step up from AoE's near-kibbleless designs.

I'm actually surprised they even released something like this. AoE and DOTM never had anything to promote about the robots (besides Optimus and Bee) in mid-production.

This "heroes shouldn't kill" meme needs to die.

Those DS games were better than they had any right to be.

As robots they work fine bit as Transformers most of them are garbage designs. Especially Optimus and all of Galvatron's Decepticons(?) as a toyfag I was disappoint.
Dinobots were cool though.

Now all marketing will be about Hot Rod.
Say hello to the new face of the franchise and your new favourite character!

I prefer buying DMK model kits of them rather than convertible toys. Dinobots translated into toys very well.

>Tfw no Lockdown model kit

Nah. The next movie is literally a lower budget Bumblebee movie. Don't know why they even went with Bee this late into the series.

Only shitposting is you with the bait images.

If he's not a Dome Zero with a Winnebago camper then what's the point.

>post shitty opinion on Sup Forums
>not expect to get called bait

>it's bait because I don't like it

Whatever you say, kiddo.

But that's not his final form. What will he look like when he takes the matrix of leadership and becomes Rodimus Prime?

Well, since we are on the subject of Transformers, opinions on the 5 min Combiners animation?
go90.com/profiles/va_0a41e9fb10434ab4a483fc2c60e07885

This looks like absolute shit

I haven't cared about this shit since Bumbleboo one shotted Soundwave.

Animation isn't too bad in some spots, but others it feels clunky and almost stuttered. The voices are definitely leaving a lot to be desired, either sounding too emotional for usual TF characters, or just not quite fitting the characters (the Con who gets killed sounded really weird like some gangster than a Con), and the dialogue is meh ("Nerd" just doesn't many any sense as an insult, or the whole "You're a killer for beating me!" bullshit).

The whole premise seems interesting, but I can't see this quite being as well done as the other shows.

You're really gonna tell me a Bayformer looks better than this sexy mofo?

This one looks sexier

>Kinda agree..
I'm thinking of giving this the three episode try, Menasor was too smart and Wind Blade able to kill a combiner that easily made me face palm, but I love TF to give this a chance...loosely.

Well, it is machinima, so it isn't something to expect high quality from.

>tfw they're the reason Freeman's Mind took like 20 years to finish

Both are better than OP.

It reminds me of those terrible JP CG TF cartoons, if they were made today.

It's not quite that bad. This at least takes something that has been a thing since G1 (combining Transformers) and just makes it political/civil issue for the story instead of a Pokémon knockoff with an oc donut steel race of fucking glorified powerups.

Plus, the CGI with cel-shaded elements isn't nearly as obvious in this as it was with Energon and Cybertron where the characters felt superimposed.

Whatever floats your boat, contrarian child.

True, but when you have a Decepticon crying in tears after a human child kicks it in the foot.

>It's time to click off.

>contrarian

Nice misuse of words there, champ.

Is that a thing in Combiner Wars? I thought it was all about the bots and no humans.

Wait they're making a FIFTH movie? I havent even seen the fourth one yet..

Well they take two-three years before making the next.

Well one thing I will say about Bay is that his Transformers do look alien when they're not in disguise.

No, we were discussing about the JP Energon and Cybertron toons.

And I pretty much said those were kind of bad because of the wonky way the characters were animated into the scenes.

exactly, being a hero doesn't mean being a white knight