Ready Player One trailer

why is no one talking about the RPO trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=LtybqHiMEGU

Other urls found in this thread:

theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_films50-1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cuz it looks dumb

how is there a trailer for this but not the movie he has coming out this year?

I mean it does but people still seem to be freaking out over it anyway

>"holy grail of pop culture"
>not directed by Edgar Wright
This is gonna blow and suck.

>Edgar Wright
>1/10th as good as Spielberg

grow up

Spielberg hasn't made a decent film since Jurassic Park

Literally laughing out loud

The best plebs are the ones who pick Spielberg's worst movies that are basically capeshit as his best

Name on good Spielberg film past Saving Private Ryan

Minority report
Catch me if you can
Saving private Ryan

Literally his best movie, A.I. Also his 2nd best movie War of the Worlds. Then you have great stuff like Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, Munich, and Bridge of Spies.

Saving Private Ryan is also one of his weakest

plebs are fucking hilarious

There are hundred reply threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums already.
You're just not bothering to check the catalog

>POP CULTURE LAMOOOOO XDXDXD

White civilization is doomed.

>Also his 2nd best movie War of the Worlds
You must really hate his films if you think that's his second best.

DUDE

EIGHTIES

LMAO

Cahiers Du Cinema put it in their top 10 of the 00s. Only patricians need apply.

It's one of the 3 best 9/11 films. A genuine masterpiece.

A.I. was 70% Kubrik, Spielberg just added the sappy ending.

>Best movie, A.I

Stopped reading there. I don't waste my time with speds like you.

lol this is the best pleb opinion

Kubrick is the one that decided Spielberg would be the best director for the material before his death

This is it guys. The motherland. The endgame. What we've all being waiting for.
For years upon years I've been reading comics, playing video games and watching television. All those hours I could used to make friends, get a job or a girlfriend. But I didn't, all because I was patiently waiting for something like this. This is going to be the film equivalent of a blowjob for nerds like me. Just two hours of pop culture references which will make all those years memorizing fictional works, characters and plots all worth it. Normalfags will never be able to appreciate this kino like I do, because they didn't put in the effort that I did. All the bullying, the Friday nights spent alone in my room while my school mates were out partying drinking are finally going to pay off. I truly feel sorry for normalfags, getting laid and having friends is nothing compared to this once-in-a-lifetime experience

Just like you mom LOL

Because it looks like shit? Tons of changes from the book. It won't contain anything worth while from the book, it'll just be a few action scenes that normies splutter out their popcorn at and point at the screen going MUH REFERENCES.

Not saying the book isn't 90% MUH REFERENCES, but it had some worth while other stuff, and you're laffing if you think the movie will have any of it. No White House, no Lair of the Necomancer, no Basement, no school.

Basically anything that isn't an action scene is out.

Oh and they made Aech (Who is black in real life) an orc, the niggers of the fantasy world.

Literally anyone who has any understanding of film knows AI is his best. Even patricians who don't like Spielberg still realize AI is a masterpiece. One of the best films of the 21st century.

Damn, it looks uninspired and copypasted as fuck. Definition of pop-art as is

This is the worst book I can remember reading.
It does honestly read like someone with autism wrote it.

This is a list polled from critics, directors, actors

theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_films50-1.htm

it's a widely held opinion you pleb bitch

>why is no one talking about the RPO trailer?
Because it's fucking cringe worthy on any level(no pun intended).

>Wade wishes he grew up in the 80's
>Plays a ton of arcade games in Oasis, in the book
>Trailer: "Dude I wish I grew up in the 80's"
>Film shows zero arcade cabinets, and challenges have turned into VR fueld action scenes.
>No Zork, no Joust, no War Games/Python, only action
>Its going to be a shitty action movie that uses the Oasis as an excuse to throw references everywhere
Of course Sup Forums doesn't like the book because its not high art and therefore its 'reddit', but if you thought the book was bad, the movie is going to be far worse.

Widely held by literal whos and cum guzzling tards, it seems.

Holy fr*ck! That looks *amazeballs* Epicness! Pure epicness.

/lit/ here, there was nothing redeeming about this abortion of a book. Name one thing.

You can't.

Indeed.

>“I wish someone had just told me the truth right up front, as soon as I was old enough to understand it. I wish someone had just said: “Here’s the deal, Wade. You’re something called a ‘human being.’ That’s a really smart kind of animal. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. This happened by a process called evolution, and you’ll learn more about it But trust me, that’s really how we all got here. There’s proof of it everywhere, buried in the rocks. That story you heard? About how we were all created by a super-powerful dude named God who lives up in the sky? Total bullshit. The whole God thing is actually an ancient fairy tale that people have been telling one another for thousands of years. We made it all up. Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. “Oh, and by the way … there’s no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Also bullshit. Sorry, kid Deal with it.”
― Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

Haha, yeah. I really miss how nuanced RPO was as a book. That time he went into Gary Gygax's Tomb of Horrors!?!?!

Absolutely fr*cken epic

It was delayed to avoid releasing next to Star wars

There's a 250 reply thread up doofus. Also the book was astoundingly bad and the movie looks to be about the same in quality

And then he proceeds to try and replace one mythology with another.
I applause the sentiment.
If they do the Black Tiger game in the movie I'll be sorta happy. To me Black Tiger was the unskilled version of Rygar, but it had nice 8 bit graphics.

Ready Player One is going to be a very important film.

This movie is the essential litmus test of bad taste. If anyone, ANYONE says that they enjoy it for any reason whatsoever, you will know that the person has irredeemable taste, and can be safely ignored.

Because it's Reddit incarnate and I knew this when I read the book a few years ago. I thought it was going to be a nice little nod to the '80s and '90s but instead it's page after page of references that would make Family Guy feel bloated.

Remember Growing Pains? Remember Coolio? Remember invisible cola?

Yes - I remember these things and they were all shit. Of course, this thing is now a film. It's the perfect totem of late capitalism to validate the tastes of narcissistic millennial fuckwits.

Don't worry - this film will be as bad as Scott Pilgrim.

>Literally his best movie, A.I. Also his 2nd best movie War of the Worlds.

Yikes, going for the hard sell.

10/10 pasta

so hyped for this, loved back to the future with that shakey guy and i always watched the iron giant at max volume when my mom was in her room with jamal. should be a fun popcorn flick since my self-worth is defined by past experiences instead of my (complete lack) of future aspirations

So a fun enjoyable romp?

Okay.

>cinematic game changer steven spielberg

Dude's 70 fucking years old. His last few movies were total borefests. And this scgi turd just looks more like after the first couple of days of shooting some vfx guys went: "It's ok Steven. Go take your nap, we will take care of your movie from here on out."

an R-Rated romp that gets litty and will have you pissing in the theater?

The DeLorean looked cool but it was a shit car to drive.

>So a fun enjoyable romp?

For people who unironically enjoy The Big Bang Theory and are subbed to Screen Junkies.

You know - normies.

How did they fucking get the rights to put so many IPs in 1 movie?

Jewberg made over 9000 gazillion dollars and can just buy them with his pocket cash. He also is the biggest Jew in Jewood and all the other Jews will suck his dick by command. Friends with Zemeckis = Free DeLorean i.e.

>0:50
that music

my dick

>someone being more successful than you'll ever be.
>Blame the jews for your own failures.
Give it up you fucking loser

THESE ARE THINGS I KNOW

Oy vey this user is right, stop blaming G*d's chosen people for your problems, goy.

It looks awful and I wish nostalgia pandering would stop.

I didn't blame the jews for anytjing. I just stated the simple fact that Spielberg is a Jew and that Hollywood is full of them. That's not racism nor is it antisemitism. That's just the truth and a fact, you total fucking fuckturd.

As long as 40 year olds continue to demand it, they will continue to produce it.

>being this self aware
Top lel

>Catch Me If You Can
Actor I hate
Other actor I hate
Director I hate
Movie I really enjoyed

Can't explain it.

>Remember Growing Pains? Remember Coolio? Remember invisible cola?
>Yes - I remember these things and they were all shit.
Thank you for putting it better than I could have. I can't think of something less sincere than nostalgia for a decade founded on its own 50s nostalgia.

This looked cool. But then I realized how boring this will be as a movie.

Seriously modern sci-fi sucks

>As long as 40 year olds continue to demand it, they will continue to produce it.
I'm 49 and this shit needs to stop. Huey Lewis was not our fucking decade's theme writer.

Will you guys pretend to love this if you think normies hate it?

Yes, but the fact is its Stephen Spielberg so the movie is made to pander to the broadest possible audience, so it will be hated.

Prepare for that cool CGI city to only be about 10% of the movie while the rest takes place in the real world and not the virtual game world.

Joust was there.
He killed the ostrich with his roboscorpion.

Hello there

googled it and surprised at how seeing it as a post 9/11 capturing film became a thing

it wasnt a bad movie. it wasnt memorable at all though.

But Kubrick did all the preproduction work

It's going to have any interesting references removed. Thinking replaced with action scenes.

it's glorifying not having a life

>it's glorifying not having a life
Every gamer's wet dream

does this count as cyberpunk?

Kinda, I mean it's about people literally playing a virtual cyberpunk videogame.

VISUAL ASMR

>if I'm contrarian I can fake being a patrician!!!!!!
Why are you even here

>removing anything japanese
For what purpose

Howaito piggu wouldn't understand the Evangelions running around in the final action sequence, so they'll get Michael Bay's Transformers instead.

>holy grail of pop culture
Does anyone else get really pissed off when they hear this sorta thing? That's so self fellatiating

Kaneda's bike?

Because it's a fucking terrible trailer.

I get that it's just for comic con - but look at the Stranger Things 2 comic con trailer.

Hopefully/Maybe they just don't have enough footage yet.

I'm actually LAUGHING at your trash opinion. The book was literal masturbation for """"nerds"""", the hottest new demographic. It was just endless references and shallow shallow escapism, down to the manic pixie dream girl. The visuals might actually make it entertaining.

>tons of changes from the book
Any departure from the book is a good thing, pleb

I'm pretty sure that's the tron bike

The mouse owns Tron, no way it's that

>"Wow this movie looks cool, one second"
>31k upboats on Leddit
>"Fucking trash bullshit pop culture shit worse than capeshit"

>Any departure from the book is a good thing, pleb
When I read the book I initially it was fun, then it became tiresome to me, and the payoff at the end was hollow.

Forgive my grammar, I'm high as fuck and then it all goes to shit.

>"Wow this movie looks cool, one second"
>31k upboats on Leddit

Point out where this step occurred, please.

how new are you retard
Sup Forums,all boards have always hated that shitty book

The book was basically exactly the same as Stranger Things - A giant compendium of pop culture references loosely assorted into a show/book.

It looks like Spielberg isn't really going with that though - He made a really bizarre comment saying he would remove all the meta stuff involving films he was personally involved with. It's fucking stupid - it's like making Stranger Things and saying "I want to drop all references to Stephen King".

>lying on the internet

So it's second life the movie but they won't show how sad and autistic the people play it are

i'd pay for a movie like that

>he would remove all the meta stuff involving films he was personally involved with
That's really curious. Perhaps its a case of not wanting to toot his own horn.

The characters are pretty sad and autistic in the book, there's a whole page about the main character masturbating in detail.

I assume so. But it's strange as hell. I think the DeLorean was in the trailer, so I guess it's only films he directed.

>Spielberg went on to confirm that while he has indeed "cut most of [his] movies" that were referenced in Cline's book out, there are a few nods to some of his work. "Except for the DeLorean and a couple of other things that I had something to do with, I cut a lot of my own references out of the '80s," he said. "I was very happy to see there was enough without me that made the '80s a great time to grow up."

BTFO

It's Kaneda's bike. Or at least WB's interpretation of Kaneda's bike. It has company badging and everything. No Tron bike looks like the one in the trailer.
Plus WB owns the rights to the Akira movie and considering how many of their assets they've already jammed in there (Mad Max car, Harley's model from Arkham, Iron Giant, Freddie's Mortal Kombat 9 model, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if it were a 3D model they had on hand from the movie.

>they think it's a compliment