Doug creator who based the show on his life, revels his real life reunion with the real Patti

Doug creator who based the show on his life, revels his real life reunion with the real Patti

>It’s my ten-year reunion, and I didn’t go. I was in New York working like crazy as a freelancer and just trying to make it there. And I got a phone call in New York and it’s Patti. The real Patti. And my heart’s beating fast. She’s like, ‘I was at the reunion! You weren’t!’ and I was like, ‘Yeah…sorry…I had to work.’ And she goes, ‘I found out you live in New York. Guess what—I do, too!’ And she told me where she lives. We lived across Central Park from each other. And she says, ‘Why don’t you come over for dinner?’
>So now we’re in a Doug show. I’m like, what do I wear? What will she look like!? All that’s happening as I’m walking across Central Park to her apartment, just wondering and just hoping, all those things. I was, at the time, very available.
>I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?
>So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’
>And I don’t even remember the rest of the evening.

ew.com/article/2016/08/09/doug-patti-ending?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JxzhZZ0cF38?t=5m28s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’
>>And I don’t even remember the rest of the evening.
Story of my life

I knew it was coming and it still got me.

I didn't need to read this.

>So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’
Relatable as Hell.

ISN'T IT IRONIC, DON'T YA THINK

Every time.

ah jeez, man

Doug has had a hard life.

>not looking for a wedding ring before getting roped into a cucking

he deserved it tbqh

> And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.
oh.

Ouch.

I saw this coming, I KNEW this was coming, the most virtuous souls must have the vulnerable part of themselves destroyed so that they can be reborn even stronger

Wizardry is the answer

>Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’

This is hits way to close to home, like god damn.

>>So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’
>>And I don’t even remember the rest of the evening.

Reminds me on how Schulz forever lost his little red haired girl because someone else proposed to her first.

>She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!

Throws her tits right in his face to. Brutal

Always hated Doug and his self righteousness. I can only be glad his real life took the turn it deserved.
Take that.

I met Jenkins once.
He's a hack, sadly. He doesn't understand what made Doug work at all.

>skeeter kinda hot

wait....

>skeeter
>honk honk

...You sick bastards.

You can almost read the entire 4 years of high school as the 'safe friend' in that couple of sentences. You can call it 'friend zoning' if you want, but the truth is, it was a cage of his own making. He wanted to get close to her by being a friend and a confidant, and tada...he succeeded.

No wonder Doug was so beta

Oh grow the fuck up

At least he didn't pull a Bojack.

>‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’
>'Well whattya know! If it isn't my old pal Funnie!'
>HA ha ha ha
>HAAAAAAAAAAA
>ha ha!!

You delete this post right now

i think we all saw this coming a mile away

lmao

The levels of anger I would have if that was actually the case.

>>And then he's like "ohhh."

youtu.be/JxzhZZ0cF38?t=5m28s Jim talking about it in the podcast from a while back, laughed then and I'm laughing now.

We all know Patti loved the bad boy and he was rich

oh my sides have cleared orbit! you fucking beutiful bastard i love you

Doug deserves to be a cuck

You people are all mad at this, but no one should date, let alone marry an autistic fuck like Doug.

>oh jimmy I want you to meet my husband

HONKA HONKA

Alright Sup Forums confession time.

Is your first love married? Who was she/he?

Mine is.

Holy Shit. Get over it, you fucking pussy.

Im not mad at Doug, but its like watching an episode of Bojack Horseman and having that moment when you pause the episode and fill an entire solo cup with jack daniles and patrone

>‘ I want you to meet my husband.Mr.Dink

>Hello Douglas see you met my dime piece, Very Expensive.

No idea. I broke up with her when I got depressed and started falling behind at class. Never heard from her again.

>have crush
>5 foot 3"
>cute ass
>graduate highschool
>check facebook
>shes in a relationship with a black dude
>months later
>"hey guys im pregnant"

I just kinda stopped beliving in that moment

>Double
>Income
>No
>Kids

Fucking brilliant name

She is. But I don't mind. I got a good job, a good gf and a little one coming.

I meet her a couple of days at a bar. We talked about everything, i told her she was a good woman and would make a good mom in the future. She said that I was going to be a good dad, but that I should marry my girl.

It was a good experience overall.

Oh fuck that sucks

But I can't help but laugh

>but that I should marry my girl
Hold off on that until you see what color skin "your" baby has.

God bless you, you beautiful man you.

>cute ass
>with a black dude
>pregnant
>I just kinda stopped beliving in that moment
Dude, you should have known what was going to happen at "black dude", you lost right there.

Maybe mocha. I'm dating a black girl. But I still might do a DNA test.

What if Pablo has light skin too, user?

No idea. I haven't been back to my hometown in over 18 years and I haven't seen her since I was 7.

DNA test

>I'm dating a black girl.
>might do a DNA test.
>might

I take that as "Do it, anyway".

My first love went off to college in another state, then came back to cheat on her then-boyfriend with me.

I mean she's totally a slut, but doesn't matter, had sex.

I didn't need that in my life OP.

Dead, overdose. Yeah.

I dont think anyones mad persay. I see people as reacting more to the overall situation than the lack of doug/patty being real.

>cucked into dating a nigress
Never change, shitchan Sup Forums

>be dumpy, socially awkward grill in high school
>not fat or ugly but not terribly attractive
>crush on guy in Spanish class
>smart and eccentric
>a little autistic
>good sense of humor
>looks: 5/10, but A+ personality
>awkwardly get his AIM screenname at end of school year
>talk to him over the summer
>ask if he likes anyone
>tells me he's crushing on the beautiful, talented, rich girl
>feel absolutely worthless and stupid
>cry for days in school
>go home early a few days from being too depressed
>don't eat
>cry myself to sleep every night

Good times.

Get mad, cracker. Keep fucking that puss.

>Oh I want you to meet my husband

Holy Shit. This place is full of r9k that I can actually see the cum crust on the webpage itself.

Grow the fuck up, you bunch of pathetic losers.

should've tried to get in her pants anyway

So wait, which part am I supposed to be shocked at?

shoulda put out

It's funny because we're imagining it happening to the cartoon character. No one seriously expects a childhood crush you haven't met for 10 years to suddenly call you up and invite you over to fuck.

I assume so. She stopped logging into facebook, and I mistakenly proved how much of a creepbot I was before she stopped. I deleted my Facebook myself recently.

Really I know I wouldnt be good for her anyway, and I prefer not to emabrass myself any further with her.

Honestly it means more to me than anything else that she was nice to me, and didnt treat me like the "that kid" like everyone else in elementary school did.

Thats probably the biggest reason I fell in love with her in the first place.

Cucked or not, I hope she has a wonderful rest of her life with an amazing partner. I supoose I can take some solace in the fact that ill never know now.

I was a good Christian woman, senpai

Can't handle the bantz? It's okay. There's this nice website full of safe spaces you should go to called goatse.

>bantz

If that is banter, you guys are fucking terrible at it.

Well now you know asking someone who they like inherantly removes you from the list of possible answers.
Should ask: Do you like me?

>was
mmm mmm mmmm

There's always that one fucker who thinks he's better than everyone else in the thread. Newsflash you're still on Sup Forums, chancers you're a huge piece of shit.

Shh shh baby, wipe away your tears and go to the nice website.

>have female childhood friend who lives in my neighborhood
>she's a big tomboy and we spend a lot of time playing video games, watching videos, wrestling, and playing pretend games
>sit next to her on the bus every day
>my dad's job makes me move 900 miles away when I'm 10
>correspondence with best friend is touch and go
>sometimes we visit for family vacations and I get to see her again for at least a day or two during Christmas or summer
>she starts shedding the tomboy look and develops big boobs and starts dressing more feminine
>be horny as hell teen and don't know how to react to non-tomboy friend
>sexually harass her because I don't know what to do with my libido
>this was the last time I saw her
>fast forward 12 years
>sign up for Facebook to keep in touch with brother
>find childhood friend
>she's living in the same state, but farther north than before
>she has a boyfriend and they live together
>she still looks good and has the plain girl-next-door look I fell in love with
>figure I can at least send a friend request just to catch up and maybe apologize for my behavior 12 years earlier
>she wants absolutely nothing to do with me and blocks me almost instantly

Not a day goes by that I don't regret being a horny socially dysfunctional fuckwit. I probably never had a chance with her, but at least I could've retained the friendship we once had -- then I would actually still have a single person I could legitimately call a friend...

I am on the nice website.

May I ask which Schulz?

Fucking shit

Dead in a car crash at 17 because she didn't restrain her dog properly and wasn't wearing a seat belt. Flew 7 yards and skinned her face clean on the asphalt, closed casket funeral.

Dog was fine.

>hack
How so?

Was a cute, smart and likable A+ student.

Now she got pregnant, fat and ugly, got a job on a train station and started posting retarded shit on Facebook. I hate my luck usually, but here I dodged a fucking bullet.

I'm fully aware of how shallow I sound, but that doesn't bother me.

I don't know, but I lost him when another girl cucked me.