Dark Horse Announces New Hellboy Graphic Novel, Into the Silent Sea, for 2017

>Hellboy will storm the seas again on May 2, 2017, when Dark Horse publishes the first original graphic novel starring the wayward paranormal investigator in six years.

>Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea is co-written by the character’s creator, Mike Mignola, and Gary Gianni, who’s also providing the immaculately detailed art. Longtime HB colorist Dave Stewart returns to the property to slather Gianni’s gothic, maritime visions in haunting grays and blacks.

>The story will see Hellboyreturn to the atmospheric events following 2005’s classic story arc “The Island,” which was penned and illustrated Mignola. In the new graphic novel, Hellboy is abducted aboard a ghost ship as the captain and crew set sail to defeat a mysterious and powerful sea creature.

>“I imagine if Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea were a movie, the Hollywood hyperbole would describe it as Hellboy’s greatest adventure,” said Gianni in a press release. “Yes … it’s Hellboy as you’ve never seen him before, laughing, loving and battling his way across the stormy seas! You’ll be thrilled as he faces cosmic forces terrorizing a haunted shipped manned by a desperate crew!”

>As Mignola recently wrapped his solo effort on the character, Hellboy in Hell, we’re ecstatic to see Big Red continue to flourish under new creative voices. Check out the graphic novel’s cover and two exclusive pages below.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/08/dark-horse-will-publish-a-new-hellboy-graphic-nove.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/08/dark-horse-will-publish-a-new-hellboy-graphic-nove.html

Who here hyped?

Looks fucking stupid

I'm pretty damn jazzed.

makes me moist

great we just hop from one boat to another.

Okay, this surprises the hell out of me

Oh fuck yeah.

>mignola not on art
>not even really writing it
M E H
E
H

This.

It always amazes me how Sup Forums claims that Hellboy is the greatest comic ever even though it has the most simplistic, easy to replicate art ever and storytelling on par with a children's bedtime story.

But then I remember that no Hellboy thread on Sup Forums ever gets more than like 15 posters. And they'll go on for days, just jacking each other off about how good they think Hellboy is.

>b-but muh world building!

ME
Just started getting into the mignolaverse and im always hungry for more

Memesters

You should read some Hellboy some day.

>he's saying things I don't agree with!
>fucking memesters

There are 17 SU threads out there
Sup Forums opinion doesn't matter for jack shot since most of them have shit taste

>thinks he's above everyone else
>uses a reaction pic from a children's cartoon
Yeah OK.

Good point. Better use an anime.

Somewhat surprised to see Gary Gianni on art. He's probably the most high-profile current artist who still works in the "interwar style" popular in the adventure comics of the 1930s. He's sort of the "anti-Mignola" in terms of his rendering, and it will be interesting to see his take on Mignola's signature property.

Yeah, that's so much better

Sounds good. I wonder how much input Mignola will actually have, though?
>those contrarian faggots shit-talking Hellboy
>one's even a failed namefag

The namefag's defending Hellboy, you idiot. Learn to read.

>Sup Forums opinion doesn't matter for jack shot since most of them have shit taste
In response to a post about Sup Forums having shit taste with reference to Hellboy.

>can't understand the greatness behind Mignola's minimalism, his great control of shape, crisp unique silhouettes, nor his masterful use of solid shading to create form
>can't follow any of Hellboy's overlapping plot, nor digest its intricate mix of folklore and biblical tales with history and fantasy to the point he degrades it by comparing it to fucking children bedtime stories in terms of simplicity
>it has little followers on Sup Forums, so therefore it's bad!
It's ok. Hellboy is not for the average Sup Forums user. You have cartoons like Steven Universe, round easy to digest visual style and simple to follow stories with one dimensional characters. Stick to that. We're not really expecting people like you to understand or be able to follow Hellboy.

he was talking about SU

That was fast. Still hype though.

Cute.

>minimalism is high art

get off his dick already

We can't have nice things literally because people like you.

>confusing form minimalism with content minimalism
Typical Sup Forums user.
His pages are full of material.

You have plenty of nice things. Like nice comics. You just choose not to read them.

>You just choose not to read them
Where did you get that from?

But I do read Hellboy.

The fact that you're obviously one of the 10 people on Sup Forums that actually reads Hellboy.

>it's another retard that thinks that minimalism means having nothing on the page episode
Man they rerun this one a lot on Sup Forums

>reading a certain title excludes you from reading and enjoying other quality stuff

Flawless logic.

Am I a bad person for passing on Hellboy comics that aren't penciled by Mignola?

I understand why, but some of them have very nice stories.

Nah. You just have your personal preferences. Missing out on a lot of good shit, though.

Can't tell what the fuck is happening in this page
This page looks nice though. Hoping to get some previews in the coming months with some color because that first page needs some fucking effort to figure out what's happening with just the line work. hoping this ends up being good though. I like sea stories.
You both read like giant fucking faggots.

I mean you miss the entire finale of regular Hellboy that way, but everything you do get is pure gold so I think it evens out.

>the first original graphic novel starring the wayward paranormal investigator in six years.
> first in six years
Midnight Circus was three years ago

> it has the most simplistic, easy to replicate art ever
> the pages aren't littered with lines so the art is bad

I bet you're a fan of capeshit, aren't you?

so show us your replication of Mignola's art if you're so great

>implying Hellboy isn't capeshit

Honestly yes, some of the best HB stories were drawn by Corben for example. But you would be very very right to be wary of stories that aren't 100% written by Mignola, those aren't very good to be honest, like the recent Hellboy & The B.P.R.D. series, you can tell which ones were actually written by Mignola and which ones were made by the other guy trying to imitate him, those just come off as cheap and often try too hard.

Fuck you and your family all the way back to the horse your great grandfather rode on.

Midnight Circus was a mistake, except for that one panel with Gamori behind the veil that cured my erectile dysfunction.

>Graphic Novel
>edgy

the word edgy wasnt in the entire post you quoted are you retarded?

>implying Hellboy is even in the general vicinity of capeshit
>Has nothing to do with DC or Marvel
>Hellboy is not a superhero
>The setting is mostly supernatural with a dash of sci-fi
>The tone of individual comics within the franchise differs drastically
Hell, the closest anything in the Mignolaverse comes to being capeshit is Lobster Johnson which is purely intentional since he's supposed to be a pastiche of pulp-era heroes.

Dont forget hes taking that "temporary retirement". The fact that hes doing even this with hellboy himself is a good sign

>>The setting is mostly supernatural with a dash of sci-fi
>>The tone of individual comics within the franchise differs drastically

Sounds like Constantine, which IS capeshit.

>Gianni
Pass. Fuck that talentless hack.