This thing will be Peter's dad in Guardians 2

>this thing will be Peter's dad in Guardians 2

Is this the dumbest "reveal" the MCU has pulled out of its ass so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
cinemablend.com/news/1537889/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-comic-con-footage-is-weird-and-hilarious?story_page=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he wasn't around for the great Mandarin shitfest of 2013

It could always be worse.

>SDCC 2017
>Geoff Johns takes to the stage at the DCEU panel
>he confidently strides out, deftly pulling at the latex mask that is his face
>beneath is Brian Michael Bendis
>the long con is revealed
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2 makes $2 billion
>Harley Quinn graphically rapes the Batman with dragon dildos in Justice League
>Darkseid is revealed to be Lex after he drank a jar of Faora's piss
>Guardians of the Galaxy 3 announced
>Aquaman revealed to need to breath air, suffer from decompression sickness
>Superman dies in the Flash to Joker
>Guardians of the Galaxy 3 makes $3 billion
>Guardians 4 announced
>Ben Affleck finally smiles as he makes a life-affirming decision to buy himself out of his contract
>broke and unable to find acting work he ends up as the couch goon on Matt Damon's ill-fated talkshow
>Gal Gadot wins Best Director for her debut "Fast and Furious 9: Jaffa Road"

What?

Only way it could be fucked up is if they make him good instead of a homicidal psycho. Yondu of all people thinks he's an asshole, so he'll probably wind up being one when Memelord needs him the most.

And yet, it still wouldn't be as dumb as having Peter Quill's dad go around calling himself "Mr. Knife".

>Brian Michael Bendis
Dear DC, take him.. PLEASE!!

So what, Petes dad is gonna be some space dude who fused his entire soul with a planet using the Soul stone, and the teams gotta...

I felt stupid just typing that...oh god that's actually gonna be the plot isn't it.

Who did you want Star-Lord's father to be, Sup Forums?

>people get triggered because Peter's dad in the comic is really boring and dumb
>they change it
>people get triggered anyway

It was fucked up the moment Gunn decided to use him instead of J'son or Starhawk just because he couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a planet-sized dick joke.

I was at SDCC and I saw the footage, and yeah, that stuff about Drax asking Kurt Russell about his dick is 100% true.

>Attempting to explain how it's even possible instead of just leaving it a silly gag
You're giving them too much credit

Here's the real question: will they play it low-key and have Ego just look like an ordinary planet, or will they slap a bad CGI Kurt Russell face on it to appease the comic crowd?

Will it be as bad as FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer!Galactus?

Would you have preferred Martha the living planet?

According to Gunn, there's no infinity stones involved. He was always a planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc

>Let superhero movies be funny
>Let them be silly
>There's room for improvement in the source material
Damn you, monkey's paw!

STOP TALKING ABOUT EGO THE LIVING PLANET

people like to be triggered. Its the only emotion their can get when reading comicbook

Starhawk would've been pretty cool.

Not even gonna pretend like I follow cosmic marvel, so would someone mind telling me how they explain ego being able to talk without killing people?

I mean the voice from something the size of a planet has to be loud enough to kill a normal human being.

telepathy

Doesn't DC have a living planet, too? A Green Lantern? I don't think it has a face, though. I like that more, the face is weird.

>Kurt Russell's character, who is identified as Ego by a title card, arrives on the scene explaining that he's spent years looking for his son, Peter, and also details a bit of how he came to get together with Peter's mom. Curious about humanity, he created his own version of biological life for himself down to the most minute details. Curious how a "glowing being" could make a baby with Peter's mom, Drax is prompted to ask if Ego made himself a penis, which makes Star-Lord all kinds of uncomfortable. But the strange alien assures the warrior, saying bluntly, "Yes, Drax, I've got a penis. It's not half bad!"

cinemablend.com/news/1537889/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-comic-con-footage-is-weird-and-hilarious?story_page=2

There you go. No idea if this is one of his powers in the comics.

Yeah, Mogo.

they better fuckin' slap a Kurt Russell face on that shit

Cringe

there was an issue where Ego tried to date planet Earth. He left when he realized she had a bunch of living things infesting her.

so did he look like 80s kurt russell ala snake plissken or jack burton when he came to earth to fuck star-lord's mom

is that what gave her cancer? i imagine having sex with a planet wouldn't be very healthy

they have Mogo, yes

also based on Sandman every star is sentient

I love how triggered Sup Forums is over this.

Gunn said GotG2 will have no connection to Avengers 3.

It was just really stupid, and Ego has no connection with these guys.

No.

It was a movie with a talking Racoon that made 800m.

>le penis joke meme
You're a fucking idiot.

Kek

Ego can manifest a human body and project his consciousness into it.

Yes, he can do this in the comics.

Would've prefered something like Starfox or even Warloc, but EGO is Not as shitty as J-son always was.

Knowhere was a celestial floating head in the first movie.

The same movie that had Rocket, Groot and Howard the Duck.

Do you really think they will shy away from giving Ego a face in the sequel?

it is a nightmare.

RUN, COWARD

>Ben Affleck finally smiles as he makes a life-affirming decision to buy himself out of his contract

>Quill's mom was such a slut, she fucked an entire planet.

>Is this the dumbest "reveal" the MCU has pulled out of its ass so far?

They most likely revealed to give casual time to look it up on internet as to not be confused.

Thank god they retcond that.

I'm just sick of Marvel revealing the contents of a story years/months before releasing the story. One of the many reasons I've dropped all their books, films, and other media. Learn to keep a fucking secret, already.

they already have their own

video?