So Bismuth can't shatter gems for the sake of saving the world but Rose can?

So Bismuth can't shatter gems for the sake of saving the world but Rose can?

Just how awful was Rose?

I'm sick of this stupid conversation.

Then don't post in it dummy.

If you are too stupid to see the difference between shattering an army of hapless mooks and shattering a powerful god-queen, then you are too stupid to be in a conversation about it.

>helpless mooks
>that have weapons and will kill your comrades without a second thought

That's like saying killing Bin Laden was fine but killing foot soldiers is not. You're an idiot if you think that's how that works.

aw
poor baby
saint mommy rose wasn't such a good person after all huh?
shhh it's okay...

At least she's dead now.

Can gems be dead if their gem is still intact?

She learned her lesson. Imagine the rush she felt after killing for the first time. Killing a Diamond!

She must have taken a Pearl right there and then.

>She must have taken a Pearl right there and then
>taken a Pearl right there and then
>taken Pearl right there and then

Muh dick. She probably fucked Pearl into obedience on top of Pink Diamond's shards.

It's almost as if we are missing important information about the circumstances.

G E M
O F
M U R D E R

I don't even watch the show, I just know someone who never shuts the fuck up about it and is driving me nuts.

Anyway, from what he tells me I'm guessing that it's all a misconception. Diamond probably asked to be killed for the sake of the greater good or something like that.

Well I'm wondering what exactly that could be. The gems knew about it and they don't seem to be making excuses for it. Sounds like it was a straight up murder for the greater good like what Bismuth was trying to do.

Not the same user, it's just everything there is to say about this has been said in the generals a thousand times over.

>Sounds like it was a straight up murder for the greater good like what Bismuth was trying to do.
That wasn't what Bismuth was trying to do.

>Pink Diamond asked to be killed

Based on what evidence?

>It had to be done

Not

>She had to be stopped

Their cryptic answers still leave enough to be revealed later.

No it's more like saying executing the ringleaders of the nazis at the Nuremberg trials was justified while executing nazi conscripts isn't.

Willing to bet all my Yellow Pearl points that there is more to this thing then is currently revealed.

Especially since when the Rubies mentioned Rose shattering Pink Diamond Garnet and Pearl were shaken suggesting that it was a fucked situation that still carries a lot of bad feelings.

And did it ever occur to you that Rose was faced with a choice between death and survival (of both her and Earth), much the way Steven was faced with expelling the Ruby out of his bubble or die at its hands?

But keep judging based on incomplete facts.

>So Bismuth can't shatter gems for the sake of saving the world but Rose can?
It's not alright for Rose to do it but she legitimately had no choice.

Bismuth just wanted to shatter the upper class, she was going too far.

I'm just guessing based on cliche plot twists. As I said, I don't even watch the show.

Rose
>Willing to shatter for earth
>Everything she did was for earth
>CGs have a rep of ONLY caring about the earth, not gems (According to what Lapis said)

Bismuth
>Willing to shatter for her comrades
>Willing to shatter to not only win the war on earth but over throw the Diamond authority on HW, saving ALL gems from their BS rules.
>Likely had enough common sense to not shatter EVER fucking gem they came across. Most likely would save it for elites threats like Jasper and the Diamonds seeing how Jasper shows how damn tanky a Gem can be.

Who do YOU side with?

>the entire court room in total shock
>Rubies, pearls and quartzes frozen
>Rose fucking Pearl on top of PD's shards
>Yelling about being the new Diamond and for all to bow before her

I wonder why they never told Steven about it?

So she can be The Boss with Rose inheriting the Boss' will.

>"Wouldn't that [shattering gems] make us the same as home world?"

>"We'd be shattering them for the sake of our cause. To protect our allies, our friends, to free all gems from home world's tyranny."

>Likely had enough common sense to not shatter EVER fucking gem they came across.
Bismuth just punched Lapis half to death just because she looked upper crust.

>Likely had enough common sense to not shatter EVER fucking gem they came across.
Nah. Bismuth was rolling scorched earth. No quarter, no survivors.

First off, Steven didn't kill Ruby

Secondly, Rose was most likely justified in her killing of Pink Diamond but her condemnation of Bismuth seems misplaced now seeing as it was for a very similar reason despite it being a necessary evil that Rose herself has seen to be effective.

But go ahead and keep telling yourself Rose wasn't a hypocrite.

That's why absolutes are damn stupid. Rose realized that she might have to bend or break her own wishful moral code to save the earth and everyone when she shattered PD.

But that begs the question of how many of her friends, her comrades could she have saved if she wasn't as stuck on that code earlier.

IDK what happened with PD but Steven got a first hand look at how sometimes, even if you REALLY wanna help someone, you gotta let them go cause you'll lose too much otherwise.

It's ok to not shatter unless you HAVE to.

I like the theory based on that mural that PD's gem was shattered when Rose used it fighting White Diamond. Makes it still fucked up since she was using a diamond against her own but also not a coldblooded execution.

She wanted to win the war and save the lives of her friends. She knew they were outnumbered and they need a more effective way to fight. Home world would have shattered them all anyway. It's a fucked up situation but you can't say it's any different.

Why not call it a character arc? Rose refused to kill, something bad happened that forced her to kill, she learned her lesson that it is ok to kill.

She did that cause she wasn't a CG and that was a war zone.

It's not like she just rolled up on Lapis dicking around in a poodle on a nice sunny day and decided to poof her then and there.

Its because there was no chance of redemption for pink diamond its completly difrent.

>First off, Steven didn't kill Ruby
He left all the Rubies to endlessly drift in the viod of space until something shatters them like it nearly did Eyeball in the episode.

Fucking how is it different? Diamonds just cant be redeemed? That's pretty presumptuous of you...

S T E V E N
O F
M U R D E R

Because bismuths plan was retarded it was more effort to use the breaker then to just poof and bubble.

It's fucked up but it's still not killing. It's like Batman throwing some fuck off a roof only to have him break his spine and be crippled for life.

He made every attempt to reason with her first and she condemned herself. Is it any different than poofing someone and then keeping them in a bubble forever?

Poofing and bubbling sounds great when it isn't war time but on a battlefield I'm sure it's much harder to poof and bubble everyone while they're trying to kill you.

>there are still people that think that was the same bismuth

Drawfag when

that doesn't make any sense because it's easier to poof a gem than to shatter one.

> I'm sure it's much harder to poof and bubble everyone while they're trying to kill you.

explain how using a bulky weapon and targeting one small specific spot is somehow easier than just hitting a gem until they poof.

>people still think Garnet is a fusion
>people still think the monsters are corrupted gems
>people still think Rose shattered Pink Diamond

I just love how thoughly the only a few gems can bubble theory has been btfo the last few episodes

Damit stop wff5ectivly refuting my arguments with humorous comparisons.

Having your back broken makes you useless and is very expensive. Does Mr Wayne pay for you after that? No he doesnt. He goes off to be a crazydeco elite with a warped sense of justice around the city. Hell he even screwed one of his sidekicks girlfriends and impregnated her (batgirl). Batman is not the man who has the right to judge anyone Rose is no different.

Actually, he kinda lied to her to make her feel better not knowing that the "closure" she wanted was to take Rose's gem to HW. Sure, he wanted to help her but if he hadn't gone on and on about being Rose she wouldn't have cared enuff to try to murder him for HW.

But yeah, no. Space is a scary, hostel place and with any reasoning skills we can assume most all the Rubies are dead. It's also BS in BM does it but Steven chose to open the door instead of letting Garnet and Pearl handle it.

If every gem can teleport the bubble to the its "home", why didn't Jasper write a message on a rock, bubble it and teleport it home?

*stop effectively refuting

The twist will be there used to be a lot more Diamonds but a lot of them got sick of the remaining three and just decided to die instead/alien space rock that has the Diamonds as it enthralled slaves.

>explain how using a bulky weapon and targeting one small specific spot is somehow easier than just hitting a gem until they poof.

1- It's not really bulky, it's a gantlet of some kind and they have super strength. I don't think operating it was the issue.
2- Gems aren't always easy to Poof. I mean, have you SEEN Jasper? How much shit has she walked away from before being corrupted and stabbed by Peridot?
3- The point of it is that you don't have to break their physical form, you can just hit them right in the gem and it's over.

Nigga I'm sure for someone like Rose or Bismuth that wielding the Breaking Point wouldn't be a problem. You get into a fight with a gem and boom its destroyed. Not the MOST effective weapon I agree but I still dont see how poofing and bubbling is in any way faster or easier. It's taking multiple steps and making it one step.

Ross's goal was to end the war by saving the earth.

Bismuth's goal was to end the war by killing everyone.

One of these is more attainable for the Crystal gems, who were outnumbered, and outgunned, with few chances to replenish losses.

The other would have dragged them into a war of attrition, one Homeworld could win with its sheer size.

I really don't see why this is so controversial. I would think fans would be happy. Rose actually had to make tough decisions. Decisions that had no choice without consequences. Decisions that actually make her feel less mary-sue-ish

That would imply that the war was over and won and not an ongoing conflict. So no.

If they need a special weapon just to shatter, then why the fuck even bother when poofing is less trouble?

>Bismuth's goal was to end the war by killing everyone

It's like you didn't even watch the episode. She wanted to use it on the battlefield to turn the tide of the war. Like you said homeworld has them outnumbered god knows how many to 1. They couldn't afford to take the high ground on that one without risking EVERYONE'S lives. Poofing and bubbling is nice when you aren't on a battlefield being attacked from all sides from an force that outnumbers you. It just doesn't work. It's like trying to knock everyone out in a warzone while they shoot bullets and rockets at you.

It's not that black and white.

>war of attrition

Or just kill them. Homeworld can't really lose.

How would using the breaking point be more effective?

>She did that cause she wasn't a CG and that was a war zone.
Gems are blatantly identifiable to all other gems, Lapis was clearly not a warrior by any stretch of the imagination as far as Homeworld gems go. There were already structures on the planet, civilian upper crusts being near war zones is not an unthinkable notion and it wouldn't have mattered to Bismuth because fuck them.

>Bismuth's goal was to end the war by killing everyone
Bullshit. Bismuth said specifically she wanted to go after the diamonds a d free everyone.

see

Keep enemies from respawning.

Rose started the rebellion by shattering Pink Diamond. After that had a strict policy against shattering.

I hope the show doesn't cop out of this even though I'm sure it will.

Bubbling already does that.

They will. PD is lion. I hate it, but after seeing that hair, it's obvious.

>"We'd be shattering them for the sake of our cause. To protect our allies, our friends, to free all gems from home world's tyranny."
It's just as easy to poof them. What you don't get is that the Breaking Point was a terror weapon. You murder gems even though you don't have to scare muther fuckers.

That doesn't answer my question.

>you had to pick up all your dead little enemies before the respawn time or you have to fight them all over again

You answered the wrong question. I didn't say Bismuth was wrong for shattering gems, but wrong for wanting to take on all of Homeworld with such limits.

I'm saying Bismuth wanted to take the war off Earth, which would give Homeworld the advantage because it is their turf and they can come from all sides.

That was Bismuth's mistake. Not shattering.

And the Diamonds could have legions of gems between them ready to die. Shatter them? Fine, here's another legion. By numerical odds alone one of them would shatter Bismuth.

>Diamond's gem is on her belly
QUICK

HAVE WE EVER SEEN LION'S BELLY BEFORE

>And the Diamonds could have legions of gems between them ready to die. Shatter them? Fine, here's another legion. By numerical odds alone one of them would shatter Bismuth.
So you're saying don't even fight in the first fucking place cause you might die?

Yes... I think. It doesn't matter, considering a Diamond's size, it should be bigger than Lion itself.

Bismuth suggested shattering all enemy gems. That means no chance for redemption and power through an even greater fear.

Rose has been built up so much, this move is deliberate.

It's part of Steven's story; realizing that the sugar coated stories of his childhood have a bitter truth behind them.
He's growing up, and this is part of his journey.

Or maybe, it's just a shard.

Doesn't mean they didn't do exactly that to the conscripts. Even today there are ex-soldiers in their 90s facing trials for stuff that happened when they were conscripts.
>I was just following orders
Is an insult for a reason.
So what these guys were brainwashed almost from birth and made to join up or else them and their entire families would be in the camps too. Being on the wrong side dictates they be punished.

Or maybe gems can change their size

I mean the Diamond itself. The gem if you will. Have we seen them change the size of their gems?

This. Rose shattered PD and kept a shard of her. Feeling bad for what she did she tried to give it life and ended up with Lion. Who she then became the bestest of buds with as recompense for having to shatter her Diamond

>Killed you
>But hey, I kept your arm around as a pet since I feel bad about that.

That's ridiculous, there's also no such thing as a 'wrong side.'

It had a lengthy activation process

Sure there is. Its the side that lost.

>You don't understand Steven. She was the worst. She would have ended all life on Earth. She deserved it!
>Oh, hi lion. Do you want another Lion Licker?
>Where was I? Oh, yes, we had to kill Pink Diamond.

She's literally hitler

The side that lost isn't wrong, because history can't have a 'wrong' or 'right' side.

They are the 'losing' or 'winning' sides.

I lost, when can I write a history book?

There isn't a reason Rose couldn't have loved both Pink Diamond and the Earth. She liked the earth as it was, asked PD to change her plans, and Pink Diamond refused for whatever reason. Rose was forced to act but it could have been a tough decision for her. Do you think the fact that she took a hard stance to never shatter anyone ever again during the war was just a random idealism she held? She's a born soldier.

Vae Victus

M u r d e r
U n i v e r s e

I'm just referring to the fact that the CGs don't recognize PD, or what's left of her. How would they react if they find out?

TELL ME STEVEN, DO YOU BLEED?

YOU WILL.

The Red Gems are coming!

Well Lion showing up by itself and apparently being Rose' already made a huge dent in Pearl's memory of Rose trusting her with everything. I'm going to go with "Not Well"

Bubbling is something only crystal gems can do. Peridot didn't know what the hell to do with it, it's clearly not something they do often.