So, I recently found about this character, and I need more. How powerful is he? I mean...

So, I recently found about this character, and I need more. How powerful is he? I mean, I know they don't call him The Supreme Sorcerer for something stupid, but how powerful is he?

I also need some comic recomendations about him

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/araspaddej639ae/Doctor Strange Introductory Package.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How have you only now found out about him?

OP probably saw a still of the movie.

It's "Sorcerer Supreme"
they call him that because he comes with sour cream and chilis

He is pretty much almost a final boss equivalent for the main Marvel universe.

His soul purpose is to protect our reality/dimension from the super natural and cosmic deities. From Dormammu, Shuma Gorath, Nightmare, Mephisto, Satannish, and Eternity are a few of the forces he's faced over his tenure.

Down to goofy stuff like Dracula, Werewolves, Necromancers, voodoo shamans, and generally one who is trying to summon any evil entity into his realm of existence.

He's pretty OP as long as he as the Eye of Agomotto with him. It's almost like a one shot kill weapon. It can also be used to nullify spells and incantations. Many try to steal this and other magical artifacts Strange keeps in his Sanctum Santorum.

Normally he will use incantations And spells from inter dimensional forces for offense and defense. He is also skilled in hand to hand combat thanks to Wong.

Doctor Strange vs. Silver Surfer.
Who's more likely to win?

I hope the reprint Into Shambala.

>So, I recently found about this character

Obvious Disney MCU shill.

Reminder to sage, report, and ignore

Go home Sup Forums.

That sounds like bullshit and I like it, thanks for the info and the comic book recomendation

Go home Sup Forums

Strange. Surfer could maybe home to just git him fast and hard with ftl stuff. But Strange always has wards up to protect himself from that stuff. And in his sanctorum he is nearly unreachable

nerd

That's a really close fight. They are definitely Marvel's two most powerful heroes (barring Sentry and Thor with Odin Force).

For the sorcery and magic Strange can throw down, and it's a hell of a lot, the Power Cosmic can match most of it blow for blow without the hassle of incantations and summoning of power.

Overall, Strange can call upon more powerful forces than Surfer, but that usually takes time and effort to summon and maintain. He would have to do it fast and even then, Surfer has stood up to beings as powerful or moreso than Galactus. Surfer gets underestimated because he rarely uses his full power due to his pacifist nature, but when sufficiently provoked he's damn near unstoppable.

Strange fought Adam Warlock wielding the Infinity Gauntlet to a standstill but that took him loading up with every legendary magical item in his arsenal.

So it all comes down to how serious is the Surfer about this fight and is Strange prepared for it. I'd say Surfer in a blitz, Strange in a protracted conflict.

He's among the most powerful heroes in comics.

Check out "The Oath".

The new series has been good, too.

And also Neil Gaiman's "1602" has a great version of him.

> How powerful is he?
There is an eldtrich god from another dimension called Shuma Gorath. He is literally the size of the universe and his sheer force of presence alone is enough to melt galaxies.

Dr Strange is the guy that tells Shuma Gorath to fuck off.

I just wish he wore some pants instead of that leotard.

He killed the whole Justice League by himself

He ranges from very strong, to the most powerful thing in Marvel.

>but how powerful is he?
Let me put it like this; When I was in middle school, like most people on the autism spectrum, I created an overpowered self-insert mary sue original character. I gave him all the powers I ever wanted and made him powerful enough to face down any fictional character with a smug-ass grin on his face.
I found out later that Doctor Strange has all the powers of that character and more. He's insane.

>but how powerful is he?
He used be ridiculously OP, but he's been nerfed and forced to job to hell and back over the past couple of decades now.

Doctor Strange vs Lina Inverse
who is the true sorcerer supreme?

Timothy Hunter owns them both. The kid is more powerful than the eternals

can he teleport?

They fought. Surfer tried to blitz him out of the blue, Strange's autoshields reacted, Strange then rekt him, even Surfer admitted he was no match.

This. Too bad retards who don't understand the character got to write him and almost ruined him forever.

I'm sad about the Marvel movie fags that will jump on Dr. Strange's dick like they've always liked him. The only upside that I can see is that I can buy a cool shirt in stores.

Threadly reminder that Dr Strange is a Turk.

>I know they don't call him The Supreme Sorcerer for something stupid
>Supreme Sorcerer
In fact, they might not even call him that at all!

mediafire.com/download/araspaddej639ae/Doctor Strange Introductory Package.zip

>muh sekrit club I liked Strange before it was cool
Stop.

I'm referring to the Star Wars fags that came out of the ground just to move on to the Pokémon Go/Suicide Squad bandwagon. People can like what they want, I don't care, but when it starts giving all my feeds cancer it's different.

Thanks guy

...yes

Let's say he survived slightly insane Adam Warlock with Infinity Gauntlet.

He also became the boss of multi-universal mystical world-assassins second in power only to Beyonders.
I'm still mad they killed Strange off in SW, fuck that retcon [\spoiler]

in some comics he does

Who is he?

cool.