How did they get away with it?

How did they get away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p1mnGkp34w4
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2271585/Japanese-women-paying-hundreds-pounds-crooked-fang-like-teeth-latest-cosmetic-craze.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8p_SABG3SPk
youtube.com/watch?v=51vFbsZkhXU
youtube.com/watch?v=IKmSEFhrJ-8
youtube.com/watch?v=KVYTI1tdYoA
youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1GjQZnPPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Asians are the "safe" minority to make fun of. They're like weird-looking white people.

Him sorwy, he jackass.

It wasn't meant to be funny, it was to highlight just how unfunny Krusty is and why the other comedians think he's a poser

Because the entire point of the joke they were making was that it was incredibly outdated and offensive to modern sensibilities.

Look at family guy and southpark. Asians are totally okay to make fun. Latinos are kinda iffy. Black people are the only ones who chimp out

This was supposed to be a cringeworthy, unfunny moment to show how out of touch Krusty is with comedy.

Until Japan redeemed itself after the war.

China also does not take to lightly to this either.

Hey, the flapping dickey is 'A' material.

They often don't give a fuck in fact

youtu.be/p1mnGkp34w4

if you seriously get angry over that american stereotype, then something is wrong with you.

OP is genuinely offensive

Tis was a simpler time

Because the joke is that Crusty was unfunny. You weren't supposed to laugh at Crusty's joke.

whites didn't really have an offensive slur or stereotype until the word cuck came about.

I'm not american user, i just posted the video to compliment the fact that asian culture don't care that much for political corrects (also because is funny)

They replaced one of the cartoons on this Laser Disc set with another cartoon that lacked said stereo types and was on Vol.3 of that set, guess which one Japan forced MGM to replace.

They also blocked 30 Minutes Over Tokyo from airing in Japan because "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", rather then causing a fuss life what happen with Brazil.

Even South Park a show Japan loves has episodes blocked in their country.

It was specifically to show that Krusty was out of touch, and his politically incorrect joke just made the audience uncomfortable.

True, I love being able to get white guys mad over this.

I'm a white guy. Am I supposed to be mad about this?

Simplification is a basic tool of comedy. Boiling something down to its most noticeable traits is also a good way to bring out how silly we all are when we're not wrapped up in a society that tells us it's okay to be ourselves.

Then again, simplification is also a good way to identify "The Other One" and that's a short path for hate.

You can't win in that style of comedy.

But it's okay to mock americans for being gun crazy.

The South yes, also being hicks/red necks.

nah, only Sup Forumswhites get mad over it
clearly you're liberal enough to not give a shit

But there are Americans that are pretty much exactly like that.

As for Japan.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2271585/Japanese-women-paying-hundreds-pounds-crooked-fang-like-teeth-latest-cosmetic-craze.html

Cybersix got away with this in 1999

Dude was badass.

That was from the source material.

But I voted for Cruz.

Boondocks says that's not entirely true.

Also didn't Aussies get pissed at the Australia ep of The Simpsons?

I think so, also read this

Why is this not okay anymore? Honestly what's wrong with this?
It couldn't be anymore accurate.

Argentina doesn't give a fuck about being racists, I see.

>Everytime the southern part of the USA is mentioned in a TV show its always about rednecks
When will this meme end

they still frequently make fun of Asians in South Park, Family Guy, and especially the Cleveland Show

When y'all stop talking like retards, improve your grammar and spelling.

They changed a lot of shit from the source material but didn't change this

When you stop fucking you're sisters

This is still ok, it's all we have left.

It's odd really, the orgy I understand but the buck tooth Asian is another story.

because it's only racist if it's about brown people, or muslimbs ( I know islam isn't a race)

Oh, God! Why you made this stupid crap my fetish?

This video takes on a whole new meaning in our post-Sausage Party society.

I have no idea why they made some we did during the war as a way to mock them into a fetish.

youtube.com/watch?v=8p_SABG3SPk

as they do black people and Jews

Why are stereotype jokes suddenly offensive to people here or all places?

It helps that a lot of kids these days (and back when this ep first aired) don't even realize that "buck-toothed" was ever a Chinese stereotype. It's the kind of portrayal that you ONLY see in self-aware stuff that's trying to be ridiculous these days.
Only the most uptight, out-of-touch people actually get offended by it. Sadly, you find a lot of people like that.

Isn't Boondocks excused by white liberals because a black writes it?

Just as much as Ranma 1/2 can get away with sexism and FULL FRONTAL FEMALE NUDITY because it was created by a woman.

That's fucking bullshit m8. black people love to laugh at nigger jokes. What's with this division narrative I keep seeing on this site that singles one group? It wouldn't be so bad if the examples weren't so off. Just because people get upset on tumblr and twitter doesn't anyone else cares.
youtube.com/watch?v=51vFbsZkhXU
youtube.com/watch?v=IKmSEFhrJ-8

Is not a meme idiot, is a stereotype, is meant to be exaggerated

I've heard some people in Australia say Dollarydoos because of it

Not really. It is japan they dont care about women in there.

Yes they do, otherwise women won't be able to have jobs.

I'm independent. The democrats are the reason Trump exists.

Pre-9/11 world, back when people weren't fucking afraid of everything and everyone

jew jokes are less direct as insults, and more laughing at themselves since all the writers are jews, mostly stuff people who've never meet a jew wouldn't really relate to. like jewish grandparents
the black jokes are mostly dick jokes at least in family guy

>the Japanese literally have the fangs
Kelly was right all along!

I'm pretty sure The Cleveland Show and South Park has made fun of black culture plenty of times. Hell, one of the only black characters name is Token. Plus it's the only one that said "nigger" so far as I know.

a.) It's only in the last 5 or so years where you couldn't get away with un-PC jokes.

b.) The entire point of that joke is that he's an out of touch hack who gets immediately shat on by the modern comedians.

>Hell, one of the only black characters name is Token
that's more of a joke on how tv shows forced black characters into a cast for "diversity" you know, a token
and the Cleveland show didn't really make fun of blacks that much oddly enough, they made fun more of jews. then again the writers you know

No that came from WWII.

youtube.com/watch?v=KVYTI1tdYoA

No shit, blacks can't be racist.

That was more of an example of how they're more willing to stick in race jokes that involve black people than a stereotype joke example. The closest black equivalent to jews writing for jews would be The Boondocks or The Chappelle

Hey he's making an impression of naked mole rat
It's probably because immune to cancer, those fuckers.

Explain this then.

youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ

Show

Aren't those jokes a bit different in nature than the one in OP?

when the South rises again

>youtube.com/watch?v=51vFbsZkhXU
This is great. He can make they jokes we can't.

By showing that Krusty didn't get away with it.

The joke is from a more urbane time when the common attitude was "everyone knows racist stereotypes are bad, so we should make jokes showing how ridiculous they are!"
But nowadays the progressive attitude likes to pigeonhole people into racial labels, so today there's no room for jokes that poke fun at the idea of race altogether.

they're not ironically racist, they're more on the expensive on asians

Are there people who are seriousry offended by the City Wok guy?

True
>Blacks
AY *smacks lips* HOL UP *pulls pants YOU BE SAYIN" WE IZ MONKEEES AND SHEEEEEEEIT!? DAT SHIT AINT FUNNY CRACKER, GIT READY TO TASTE MUH AK-47, CUZ DIS HERE IZ AN XAMPLE OF INSTITUNIOLIZED RACISM!? >:8(I)
>Jews
....my attorney Robert Schmekel will be contacting you sir.
>Hispanics
Ay gringo, datz not funny esé. That shit be stupid, I bet you vote for Donald Drumph, I bet you want to build a wall. Viva la Raza!

im more referring to the Asian jokes in Family Guy and Cleveland show
not South Park

> Ridiculous stereotypes are only funny when they're about white people

Nah

No just Andrew Dice Clay.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1GjQZnPPM

If you ever actually talked to hispanics you'd know they think the stereotypes about them are funny as shit and they make fun of other races all the time

Only people getting mad when hispanics are stereotyped are upper middle class white people

I got another one fro you: #cancelcolbert.
but seriously have there been any race jokes from any of these shows that caused any outrage to that degree? Not a lot people seem to care. Did you just skim over the examples in the thread?

Lol, I'm actually hispanic, and yeah you're right. I remember when Cartoon Network tried to get rid of old Speedy Gonzalez cartoons, the Latino community got together to fight the move by CN. I guess that just leaves Muslims.
>Muslims
ALOHA SNACKBAR!!!! *Bomb does not go off* Where is the infidel-shattering boom?

>been any race jokes from any of these shows that caused any outrage to that degree?
Not really. The outrage tends to come from white folks who have taken up the role as the public defenders of minorities everywhere. Keep in mind it was white people who banned the censored eleven and Speedy Gonzalez.

Tricia Takanawa confirmed for BLACKED

Did you not know that Speedy Gonzales is one of Mexico's favorite Looney Tunes character?

AL JOLSON WAS A FUCKING SAINT