Is it the most universally liked film ever made?

Is it the most universally liked film ever made?

i dont know man

It's the top rated movie on IMDB so you tell me.

Probably the blues brothers or oz.

back to the future?

Napoleon Dynamite?
12 Angry Men?
Homeward Bound?

Probably The Godfather. I remember Vincent Canby calling Shawshank "Beaches for men"

no. i hate this movie. it teaches that lies and merchantry is the path to "redemption"

It's
>Shrek

Not that good god damn! lol

Theres a hundred better.

Shawshank is better than all of those

Lying can be a virtue and honesty can be a vice.
Now kill yourself

The most loved probably is Die Hard.

ND is one of the most divisive movies I can think of.

I hated it.

Yeah, most likely. Only Titanic comes close in terms of sheer popularity and staying power.

Top rated, according to IMDB.

pretty sure jews hate it since 1. a jew is the main villain and 2. it shows black and white people putting their differences away and black people acting like upstanding, normal citizens which goes against cultural marxist ideas.

This movie is such a meme.

Somehow I've managed to go this far without seeing Shawshank. I've got a DVD on it in the drawer besides my DVD player, and I enjoy the thrill of having a great movie I haven't seen at my fingertips, so I still haven't watched it. Whoops.

How can you possibly say that the main villain is a Jew? One of the major plot points of the movie is his attachement to The Bible. And I say this as a raging anti-semite

it's not that great, it's just really inoffensive
honestly I bet non-english speakers wouldn't like it much, it's got the structure and style of a high-budget Lifetime TV movie

I was actually going to watch it, but I just decided to watch Inglorious Basterds again. Oh well.