Tyler The Creator calls out lack of black cartoon characters

>During a recent Q&A session at San Diego Comic-Con, Tyler was asked about his decision to make the animated series The Jellies' lead character—Cornell Jelly—black after having been white in the show's inaugural season on the GOLF app. "How many fucking black cartoon characters is it on TV right now?" Tyler, who co-created Jellies with Lionel Boyce, said. "Name five. I'll give you time."

>After the SDCC attendee failed to name any, Tyler continued. "It is none, it is none," he said. "They canceled Static Shock. Nobody remembers Fillmore, like, we don't got shit. The only other black character is this fucking weird ass...oh no, they killed Chef off fucking South Park. So we don't have shit. So I said fuck that. We about to make this nigga black. He ain't got no guns. He ain't shoot no fucking basketball. He's a fucking goober. And we gonna put him on TV and he's the lead character. He ain't the comic relief, he ain't the sidekick. He's the lead nigga."

Well, can you name five black cartoon characters who are on tv RIGHT NOW?

Make your own cartoons and stop demanding whitey do everything for you, nigger

I cant name 5 cartoons never mind characters.

i'm a grown man, i don't watch cartoons

>cartoons

>white people make cartoons about white people

it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Must be besties with Booyaga.

That's what he doing tho???

>the entire cast of the Boondocks
>Miles Morales in Ultimate Spider-Man
>Tyrone in Rick and Meme
>Jerry's bull in Rick and Meme
>Cleveland Brown

Suck my dick, Tyler

i dont know current cartoons but there were plenty of blacks in cartoons from my childhood. KND, hey arnold, billy and mandy. though when i think about it it seems like they usually wrote/cast blacks as nerdy/nonthreatening, against any stereotype but kind of a trope in itself.

I can throw my own shit at a wall, doesn't make it art.

who?

Isn't Jake from Adventure Time black?

He IS making his own cartoon you fat slob

White people make white cartoons.
>You're ain't puttin 'nuff black faces in ya cartoons, honky
White people make black cartoons
>What da FUCK you know 'bout da black struggle, cracka
Black people make black cartoons
>You's doin it for ya people, senpai, black power
Black people make white cartoons
>Do you

Of all the shit is happening in the world
this nigga wants black cartoons characters

lmao

the only one I can think of that explicitly did that was Billy & Mandy

a singular instance does not a trope make, although I know of the phenomena you're referring to

>white man creates something
>blacks: wow why didn't you make it about us?

is this racist of me to notice?

He's a dog

So yes

because literally Every single black cartoon character has been a shit character

Woopah doop doop bee bop bap nigga ass bitch namsayin Sup Forums b dah reel nigga ass board bitch

>Moving goalposts this obviously
You're the only one who mentioned art here friendo

I used to make stick figure flipbooks on my school books, networks should pick them up and pay me.

black, white, asian, whatever

tyler is a fucking stupid retard, his music is garbage and his tryhard persona is immensley annoying

static shock was a cool show though not gonna lie about that

maybe theres no black cartoon characters cause cartoons are fucking stupid and for kids anyway

theres like 10 cartoons not directly made for kids and they are mostly shit anyway

what about Brock from pokemon huehue

>Well, can you name five black cartoon characters who are on tv RIGHT NOW?

>Token - South Park
>Cleveland - Family Guy
>Carl - Simpsons
>Mr. Goldenford - Rick and Morty
>Lana Kane - Archer

There's also the black kid from Danny phantom

WE WUSZ CARTOONS AND SHET

AJ in Fairly OddParents was Timmy's smart friend, and Chester lived in a trailer park

i was also thinking of ned declassified school survival guide, though its not a cartoon, and maybe i though of gerald as nerdier than he was.

Clyde (The Loud House)
Zack (Milo Murphy's Law)
Garnet (Steven Universe)
>Technically she's just a rock but she's voiced by a black VA so this nig would probably count it.
Cleveland (Family Guy)
Lana (Archer)
Why is this nig chimping out so much? I struggled to find black characters airing right now but you want to know why? Because every fucking cartoon in the mid-2000s had a black character part of the main cast.

>12% of the population
>want 50% of fictional characters

Imagine being black AND a faggot

I like that the first character you named's entire identity is based on a joke about the exclusion of black people. Yet you think you proved some sort of anti-neoliberal blowback point.

Chief VA died tho. Tyler is a dumb nigger.

I feel bad for blacks they can't help but be race focused because they look so alien compared to actual humans

He's just deflecting, the reason he made the MC black instead of originally being white is because he was bullied by black people on Twitter about it.

He just stated why his main character is black. He didnt tell the industry to make everything black now.

Sup Forumsacks every fucking time fuck off.

Token shouldn't count; his name is fucking Token and he is literally only used once in a looong while and even then it's just to be the token black kid

Cleveland and Carl are good ones. Never thought of that. Good job there

Mr Goldenford? Who the fuck watches that gay show

Lana being black is a meme. She is barely black. She's like beyonce black. Mixed, but so fucking hot and lightskinned and sans real black mannerisms so it doesn't count. Never watching archer have i been like lol that nigga lana

you can watch archer for a few seasons and just think lana is some slightly tanned bitch

the only "black" thing about lana they mention is her MASSIVE hands and feet, something that if you have ever teased a black girl about her nasty toes in real life is legit fucking hillariously true sterotype cause apes have shit tier genetics

I'll give you 2.5/5. +2 for Cleveland and Carl, +.5 for lana

>Getting BTFO so hard you go into an autistic rage
Kek

Jerry's Father's Wife's Boyfriend in Rick and Morty

what is BOONDOCKS?

>rich jews fund those white people cartoons

shouldn't they be funding black cartoons or something?

Lighskinned is black tho despite your /pol rant

yoo racism ass bitvh fivk yo white boy bullshit bitch

>Jews
>Funding anything black
lmao

This. Originally the character he created was white and someone asked a reasonable question about why he changed the race. He gave a genuine answer and he's right. The ratio of black cartoon characters to white is like 20:1. He didn't say anything like people should put more black characters in their shows.

rich jews are rich because they're not stupid enough to think about race for more than a minute if it doesn't accumulate them more wealth or security

but you know who does like to talk about race all day every day?

>they killed Chef
>implying Isaac Hayes didn't leave on his own accord because he got pissy after they made fun of his "religion"

>Sup Forums - Television & Film
Sage goes in all fields.

Embarrassing

Tyler made a Sprite commercial a couple years ago that a number of high-level academic blacks called out as racist against young black men. It was accidental on his part but Ive seen interviews about it and he was shook as fuck, Sprite pulled the ads and his entire gig with them (it might have been Mountain Dew)

This right here is a classic case of overcompensation.

Arthur
Cleveland Brown
The thing with the afro on steven universe
Piccolo
Token

African American vernacular is embarrassing now? Your president, not mine, is the real embarrassment.

>It's not a cartoon
Close enough. It's a live action show but it aired on a network that primarily ran cartoons, so the audiences would have overlap and it'd basically just be the same thing in essence.

>one main character and 4 bit parts
i think you just proved his point

Not to mention Batman Beyond

>all these autistic anons actually typing out 5 black cartoon characters

How about we ask for good cartoons that aren't trash or a comedy first?

>Durr how come refuting his argument is what people are doing!?!?!?

Don't be retarded. This is a classic case of being right while being wrong. He's correct that the ratio of black to white cartoon characters is disproportionate, but he's overstated it with a dumb question intended as a rhetorical but actually easily answered.

He's arguing poorly, but he isn't fully wrong.

Everyones fav in DBZ is black get off your high horse Tyler you're not even 100% black I saw your dad on eric andre

Wait, so he's the product of reverse cuckolding?

Why are there certain characters who get deemed the de facto black guy. Skeeter from Doug was this for some reason too.

Because they chimp it up.

...Can black people not learn morals and have fun with non-black cartoon characters?

I seriously don't understand this logic. We're all human beings, why does it matter?

Is he dead now ?
I heard he quit south park after they made fun of scientology.
Why are these nigga so obsessed with black character ?
The two most popular cartoon in the hood are litteraly dragon ball and Yu-gi-oh two chink character

skeeter was purple tho.

Yeah, and he had a point too, I can't think of any black lead characters in cartoons right now. There's *some* smaller black characters but his point still stands.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any cartoon with a completely normal black lead (i.e. not specifically making use of his race for the show). He mentions Static Shock and the closest thing I can think of is Cyborg from Teen Titans, who's more part of an ensemble rather than a lead.

This. If these niggers want more representation then they should start making their own shows and stop whining.

when is the last time black people did something noteworthy besides murder and sports?

At least he's making his own show instead of demanding someone else change it for hi-
Of course, Sup Forumstards are still going to find a reason to complain

Once white people die out things will be better.

to quote an wise man

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is "a lack of black cartoon characters" Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

I'm a liberal jew that hates whiny niggers.

read the op before posting, nigger.

But why does it matter?

A white cartoon character doesn't mean only white people are allowed to enjoy it. Black people are very welcome to watch the same shit the rest of us do.

the skeester was green my dude

either way he is a proud person of color

I remember that quote, too. This nigger has some balls to whine after all the shit he has said.

>white people
>die out

They'll just become a small ruling minority, like the Jews.

>it's not fair
>why come I don't get a show
>why come the same fat hypocrite fans I have always make pointless threads to pretend I'm relevant
>why come do retards think I'm on the same level as the 200 million dollar man, Dave Chappell, or the once in a lifetime Andy Kuffman
>u-u-uh check out my YouTube videos, I'll teach you how to live your life and Shit

Oh how fucking sweet it is to watch people with talent move past jerks, and nimwit fucking retards such as Sam Hyde

Aaron McGrub > Tim and Eric > Eric Andre > Tyler The Creator > watching paint dry > walking on shattered glass > thinking Sam Hyde is anything more than a fucking walking, living joke that everybody laughs at, not with.

For people like Tyler race is more than skin melanin and surface level traits. It's a community with its own culture and values. Tyler is working for the advancement of a community. I say fuck your community. It's a fucking mess. Integrate into the dominant culture and we can all live in a colorblind society together. There are biological differences between the races but there's enough variation between individuals that you can't reliably judge an individual by their race. I sure as hell can judge a culture and its members though. Why should my culture have to work for the advancement for yours. The dominant culture in the US is accepting of all races. Join it and leave your dysfunctional mess behind.

Why even bother pretending?
And he's not whining, he's making his own show and telling why he changed the character of a race.
Oh right any time a non-white complains about anything it's just whining and they should be happy white people allow them into civilization at all.

>Tim and Eric
>Eric Andre
/nu/male detected

niggers are too stupid to coexist. jews just feed them some black power rhetoric give them coke and they go shoot each other up and get jailed because they are dumb nigger cattle.

Soros funded BLM tho

>It's a community with its own culture and values
No, but that's the thing. There WAS a black community. When being black really meant a different way of life, there were actual black cartoon characters. Look at Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. That shit was specifically for black people who needed lessons relevant to the fucked up lives they were leading.

But now you've got niggas living in white neighborhoods, drinking Starbucks coffee, using their Macbooks. We're becoming one single dominant culture and no one is complaining about it more than they are.

>they should be happy white people allow them into civilization at all
this.

>posting anime
>have the nerve to call someone else a numale

Autism.

Don't be mad, that you're silly faggot that watches cartoons.

>Fuck your community, integrate instead of working on it

What? How is a community supposed to successfully integrate unless it's improved upon until there are minimal power and cultural differentials between the people who make up the respective cultures.

You're basically saying black people should all just do white people things without working on their communities when communal problems are what effectively stop them from doing those things. You can't go from a ghetto to a suburb without some internal overhaul, it just doesn't work.

What the fuck my man.

I bet you're a total little bitch IRL, and wouldn't say a word to a black man. Lmao

>posting on a site dedicated to weeb shit
>complaining about anime

Retard.

Brock is an ainu

>Tyler
>Cartoon
>Black Charcters

Why ins't this on Sup Forums, or Sup Forums, or Sup Forums?

Why the fuck is this on Sup Forums and why hasn't a janitor 404'd this thread?

I don't wanna get fired, no. I also don't think walking up to random people on the street and yelling at them is very productive.

there is nothing worse than biracial black people.

>"Dedicated"
>generalizing

Stay autistic, stay triggered, and keep watching silly cartoons, you faggot. Lmao

Black people already do all the white people things. How many niggers do you think are seriously living in some Compton style ghetto from the early 90s?

BLM and black activism is a direct result of the growing African American middle class.

>Why isn't this on Sup Forums or Sup Forums

Yeah there's a name for those things combined, it's Sup Forums. CAPESHIT AND RACE SHIT FOREVER.