/éire/

literally me edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9MRbek0JXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ugly cunt.

Rude

Should the IDF be changed to make them more unique/recognisable?

To IRA perhaps?

/marbh/

This. Balaclavas part of official uniform.

>Balaclavas part of official uniform

kaiji season 3 is coming! i'm sure of it

I wish they'd just focus on that instead of making a Tonegawa spinoff. That might be good too though, hopefully.

Sure,why not
But which edition?

my ancestors :)

WoI only, even though civil war IRA were in the right, and northern non-commie non-psyop IRA were too.

Read today that the apparent scratches on the bottom of the spire are supposed to be "art" even though they look like the thing is a giant roll of tinfoil.

PIRA best edition. Coolest songs, coolest weapons, highest killcount and struck the most fear and generated the greatest hatred amongst the British.

I was surprised when I learned that too. It's such a terrible monument.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9MRbek0JXk

Would you prefer a more historical dress uniform based on the WoI IRA like some other countries have them or a more modern one?

>Sharon's hair
I hope she gets a comb to it during the break. Standards are slipping at RTÉ.

>boobs almost as big as her head

>the Citizens' Assembly was compromised
Ag smaoineamh.

>UCD pandering
Ag smaoineamh arís.

They're about half the size, if not less.

Can't unsee. Seems not everyone at RTÉ has reached Aenghus' rigorous grooming standards.
Speaking of which, has he retired already?

Ara now. Sharon's not that busty.

>UCD pandering
Is gender neutral toilets that bad an idea? Just have stalls and anyone can use them.
The pandering aspect and politicking that goes on around it is a bit shit but is the idea so bad?
>Citizens' Assembly was compromised
Probably irrelevant at this stage, it'll be up to the people during the referendum and TDs who I presume can think for themselves.

>Speaking of which, has he retired already?
Yes, he has been for quite some time now.

>Sharon
What age is she even now? Must be getting on.

>image
Very nice.

Sharon's top still looks like a negligee to me.

Did he get a sendoff like Dobson?

>The pandering aspect and politicking that goes on around it is a bit shit but is the idea so bad?
Genderless toilets have been a thing since the invention of the toilet. Just remove the sign if that's what you want, but don't virtue signal about it for social justice points.

>Did he get a sendoff like Dobson?
I don't think he announced it until after he had stopped presenting if I recall correctly.

>Just have stalls and anyone can use them.
Women use the toilets for a lot more than just nature's call though.

Who knows,this might actually tempt Poi to go and have a peek at some women getting rid of fluids and pose an additional danger for women in public places etc...
Also,I'd prfer using an urinal if I can,that would probably not be possible in mixed toilets

Well, "modern" means pajamas with vomit on them, but currently the design for the Irish army's dress uniform looks in my opinion too much like the world war 1 (or 1916) British uniform. Maybe it's just a result of the genericness of the modern uniforms which draw their formal style from the English and their practical from the American, but they borrowed too much from the English with the emergence of the free state for my liking, it would be best to disassociate from that.

On the other hand, if you go too "traditional" you end up with the Greek evzones, and if you go too "blingy" you end up looking like a tinpot African dictatorship.

Parade dress shouldn't be compromised by practicality is my opinion, so it should be formal looking. But at the same time, it should display some of the flair of the state, rather than making every army look almost exactly the same. All the big armies have that, while if you look at the defeated nation of Germany, their uniform is hilariously decrepit and uninspiring.

>I don't think he announced it until after he had stopped presenting if I recall correctly.
No it was announced late last year and he was on plenty after that.

>What age is she even now?

>Just remove the sign if that's what you want
>don't virtue signal about it for social justice points
You're supportive of just having a single bathroom for everyone regardless of gender then, but dislike all the "virtue signalling" and canvassing that goes on around it?
That's kind of how I feel about it, though it isn't something I've thought of much.

>Women use the toilets for a lot more than just nature's call though
You'll have to inform me what exactly they use them for desu, I don't frequent them much unlike yourself no doubt. For putting on makeup?
>I'd prfer using an urinal if I can
You can't check /éire/ whilst standing at a urinal though, someone might see.

>47
Absolutely fucking ancient. Her life is basically over, might as well retire now.

Am I thinking of some other yoke or was the citizen's assembly the invention of a yank NGO?

The whole concept is an obvious sham to begin with. If something has gotten far enough for the government to go out and establish this gimmick, then it is already clear that it has institutional, international, and financial backing, and its purpose is not to decide whether to hold a referendum but to build the case for the legitimacy and supposed inevitability of one.
If the government had to decide to pass a bill to hold a referendum, it would make clear the position of the TDs on the issue, but this way there is as little risk as possible to the tarnishing of party names and individual reputations, because the parties can position themselves as the mediators between the Irish public and the interests pushing the LGBT feminist crusade all over the world, rather than active enablers of it via the governmental process.

>was the citizen's assembly the invention of a yank NGO
Wherever it came from, lefties always thought it was a bad idea and that it was just a way for the government to put the issue of abortion on the long finger again.

>You can't check /éire/ whilst standing at a urinal though, someone might see.
>Someone might see
*Insert immature joke about having to use both hands here*
>What do they use them for
Periods,make up,talking in private about their partners,the boys they are with,strategies and lots of gossip
You could compare it to a council I guess
Always sad that our toilets are so boring,we should change something

>their uniform is hilariously decrepit and uninspiring.
Well they do not consider themselves to be a successor to previous German armies
Does the IDF consider itself to be a IRA successor?

Well they were either running interference or were literal brainlets, because the creation of so-called semi-state bodies means responsibility is taken away from the democratically elected rulership and given over either to the heads of that state to do what they want without the spirit of direct democratic accountability, or, more insultingly, to the so-called "civil society" organisations who hold greater power than the state.

>You'll have to inform me what exactly they use them for
It's one of the great mysteries in life. Back in secondary the women would throw their bags by the door and spend all morning until prayers inside, then they'd be back again for lunch for makeup or gossip or what have you.

No, and that's not right for either in my opinion.
Particularly so for the Germans, since the Wehrmacht was literally their state army.

You went to a boarding school was it?

Dear God no, what gave you that impression? I had loving parents.

>they'd be back again for lunch for makeup or gossip or what have you
Sounds like there was deadly craic going on in there altogether. Only thing that could be that fun is yuri, surely.
>spend all morning until prayers
>prayers
The what now?

>Periods
Is that nature at it's finest desu? A wonderful mix of blood and so on?
>*Insert immature joke about having to use both hands here*
*insert mature joke having to use both hands because it is so big*
>we should change something
Any suggestions?

>Particularly so for the Germans, since the Wehrmacht was literally their state army.
I can see the reason behind it though,the IRA not so much but the Wehrmacht was still responsible for many war crimes,and both east and west Germany considered themselves to be the good guys who never killed no jews,they can't really go around picking the whole WE WUZ FREIKORPS ideology up
They still shouldn't have an army IMO,maybe a defence force like Japan but nothing more

The concept of prayers and having significant free time doesn't sound much like the shitholes I went to.

>Dublin gangs terrorising rural Ireland
Typical.

>ou're supportive of just having a single bathroom for everyone regardless of gender then, but dislike all the "virtue signalling" and canvassing that goes on around it?
Yes, although there's nothing wrong with gender segregated bathrooms either (they're actually my preference). It should be at the discretion of any institution/business which they choose to have. Just don't make it a PR stunt if you decide to go with genderless bathrooms.

>Mattie McGrath calling for free legal aid to be withdrawn from knackers on a 3-strikes basis
Not a bad idea.

>west Germany considered themselves to be the good guys who never killed no jews
Well, they're either the successors of the Germany that did that or they're the successors of nothing, a foreign imposition on Germany the nation (the truth). As a legal sleight of hand to prevent giving the members of the army any sign that the Wehrmacht were their antecedent and ancestors, it's logical, but in the broader context of creating a German state that isn't un-German it's impolitic and illogical.

The thing with the IRA is that the IRA fought for Ireland, the "Irish Army" only ever fought for the British and the UN. Therefore you can either confine yourself to saying that the Irish army has no history with non-state actors before the "free state", or that the IRA, fighting in the name of the nation, were on the same page as what the Irish army should be about.

It's the same question in both cases: is the army the property of the nation, or a tool for Anglo-American global hegemony?

>they're actually my preference
There reasons for that? Most of us probably haven't tried "gender-neutral" toilets so we probably would be a bit confused by it all, and possibly scared, but I imagine after a while we would all just get used to it.

>from knackers
Would love to know how he plans on identifying them, or are we just saying using the word knacker in place of criminal?

>Is that nature at it's finest desu? A wonderful mix of blood and so on?
From what I have heard it's a fair amount more blood than I might find enjoyable,and it does smell
Might be your cup of tea though
>Any suggestions?
Get rid of those weird sex-toy dispensers they have at gas station toilets and replace them with white wine vending machines
Oh and the perfume dispensers they have in French restrooms are a cute idea too if we add nicer perfumes
Have you got any ideas?

>Sounds like there was deadly craic going on in there altogether
Have you ever heard groups of women gossiping? It's either boring or makes you think what is wrong with these people.
>The what now?
The time before class starts when all the students gather in the hall, line up according to class and recite the morning prayer. Except for the lads who would hide out down in the shops until it was over.

I thought prayers was normal in Irish Catholic schools?
We didn't really have much free time. This was just in the morning in the time between arriving in school and classes starting, depending on what bus you got that could be anywhere from a half hour to being late by the time you arrived.

I went to a nominally Catholic one and there were about 4 masses a year. Religion was "taught" by a harridan middle aged woman, a dozy softly softly middle aged woman, or a really depressed middle aged man who'd clearly bought into what people would call the soyboy mindset and paid the price for it. I had to argue religious orthodoxy and bully the Protestants myself.

>There reasons for that?
Women's bathrooms have a bad reputation for a good reason. Also, I don't want to hear women shitting and they don't want to hear me shitting. Case closed.

>Would love to know how he plans on identifying them, or are we just saying using the word knacker in place of criminal?
House burglars to be specific, in the context Mattie's suggestion at least. Although there's a chance he may have been speaking more generally.

>Might be your cup of tea though
Reminds me of those pictures of the tea someone made out of it.
>weird sex-toy
You mean condoms? *Note to self, Lux thinks condoms are silly and a waste of time*
>perfume dispensers they have in French restrooms are a cute idea
I've seen hotels and such here throw loads of free Lynx in the bathrooms when there is a big event on. Not quite French perfume tier, but still.
>Have you got any ideas
Not really, thought if there was some sort of device that would allow me to sleep in the toilets whilst skipping work for a few hours I'd be all for it.

>Have you ever heard groups of women gossiping
Afraid not that I can recall at least.
>It's either boring or makes you think what is wrong with these people
Sounds dreadful, not even juicy gossip about someone being a slut and getting your one pregnant?
>gather in the hall, line up according to class and recite the morning prayer
We did all of that except the last bit.
>Except for the lads who would hide out down in the shops until it was over
Bloody atheists and their knacker-like disobedience.

>Women's bathrooms have a bad reputation
I wasn't aware, though I read something similar being suggested on the fed it today. As a result of periods and makeup I presume?
>I don't want to hear women shitting
But do you want to hear men shitting either? The little plop your poop makes is the same regardless of the gender no?

>There reasons for that? Most of us probably haven't tried "gender-neutral" toilets so we probably would be a bit confused by it all, and possibly scared, but I imagine after a while we would all just get used to it.

Women have been getting attacked in bathrooms by men, girls molested, including by transwomen since they started being allowed in. A lot of violations going on in there. It's a safety thing, blocking males out.

>It's a safety thing, blocking males out
Just put a camera outside the stalls. Problem solved.

>As a result of periods and makeup I presume?
Also that thing they do where they don't sit on the seat of the toilet and instead hover above it, therefore getting shit and piss everywhere.

Also, from a practical perspective, women are much slower at using bathrooms for various reasons, which would mean that men have to suffer queues for the bathroom.

>The little plop your poop makes is the same regardless of the gender no?
I know that men shit because I shit - I'm used to it. I don't need women shitting to be a thing in my life.

>outside the stalls
Why not inside?

>You mean condoms?
No,vibrators and such,it's a German thing I guess
>condoms are silly and a waste of time*
They are though,they always rip and the bubble you have to leave at the front is silly too because it's either too big so that you have a weird cushion there or too small that it's almost no use
>Camera in the bathroom
Would rather not have that
>It's either boring or makes you think what is wrong with these people.
You don't like gossip?

>They are though,they always rip and the bubble you have to leave at the front is silly too because it's either too big so that you have a weird cushion there or too small that it's almost no use
A window into a world I will never know.

Observing the prohibition on contraceptives are you?

Ypu've put on.a condom already haven't you?
Even if it was just for practice

>I've seen hotels and such here throw loads of free Lynx in the bathrooms when there is a big event on
You're giving me flashbacks to when some lad would drown the locker room with the stuff. You weren't able to breathe.
>not even juicy gossip about someone being a slut and getting your one pregnant?
Girls in my secondary were a lot purer than that. Just boring stuff about shite that happened at a disco or something.
>some sort of device that would allow me to sleep in the toilets whilst skipping work for a few hours
Even if there was, would you really want to sleep in a public restroom?

>I don't want to hear women shitting
Silly Froggy, women don't shit.

>You don't like gossip?
God no I hate it. And I hate those who gossip. It's so petty and pointless.
>vibrators and such,it's a German thing
What the fuck Germany.

>that thing they do where they don't sit on the seat of the toilet and instead hover above it
Never heard of this. Why the hell do they do that?
>I don't want the pure image I have of women tainted
Got it.

>it's a German thing I guess
Weird sexual fetishes and activities do seem to be a sort of German thing alright.
>Would rather not have that
Why not? It's not going to see anything, unless you are planning on trying out that strangling technique...

>Why not inside
Not sure, maybe it could work...

>Ypu've put on.a condom already haven't you?
Nope. Why would I do that?

>Silly Froggy, women don't shit.
I've heard claims to the contrary.

>Why the hell do they do that?
Women fear the toilet seat. Probably because other women have used it.

>they don't sit on the seat of the toilet and instead hover above it
Nothing wrong with not wanting to touch those disgusting toilets with your bare skin, though I prefer covering the seat with toilet paper myself.

>from a practical perspective, women are much slower at using bathrooms for various reasons
Good point. Also women's bathrooms have those baby changing stations. Wouldn't want to have to listen to their crying.

>You weren't able to breathe
I know the feeling desu, and would rather not be reminded of it. Horrible.
>disco
L-lewd!
>would you really want to sleep in a public restroom
I mean it's at work and the stall would be close. Pretty sure the locks on them are impenetrable...
>It's so petty and pointless
You forgot the great craic bit. I sort of agree with you though, I'm not always a fan of the talking behind people's back thing, though I sometimes engage in it inadvertently.

Was that not ended decades ago?

>Probably because other women have used it
Ahh yes, the arch-enemy of women... women. Makes sense actually.

>though I prefer covering the seat with toilet paper myself
Would a few wipes not do? Might try this covering trick for the craic though.

>would you really want to sleep in a public restroom?
I've been in some pretty fancy ones in which you could easily kill a few hours sitting in a stall. Helps if the building is quiet too.

>Would a few wipes not do?
Still don't trust it.

Is it possible to make apple juice easily yourself like you can with oranges?

You've done this, haven't you?

>Why the hell do they do that?
Well I don't like putting my butt where other people have been peing either
>It's not going to see anything,
Unless we can keep our privilege and our urinals
Nothing like a good awkward small-talk while holding your penis

>Why would I do that?
Practice?
It can be a bit complicated

>And I hate those who gossip. It's so petty and pointless.
Meh,I enjoy a nice gossip from time to time,caters to my feminine side I suppose and the leftovers of my bullying days

Has /éire/ ever caught people gossiping about them?

>I've heard claims to the contrary
Lies and slander.

>I mean it's at work and the stall would be close
You'd also have to put up with the sounds and smells of the room.
>You forgot the great craic bit
And you forgot the it's terrible craic bit.

>I've been in some pretty fancy ones in which you could easily kill a few hours sitting in a stall
Speaking from experience?

No, but they 3d print the machines to make apple juice nowadays.

Yes, once.

>Practice?
For something I never plan on doing?

When we made apple juice in primary we had a big press with a lever on the side,you need much more apples than oranges though,they contain less water and the juice isn't trapped in these "cloves" that you can open easily

>Practice?
Oh dear sweet Lux.
>Has /éire/ ever caught people gossiping about them?
Yes but not by women.

honest opinion on the realistic prospects of irish reunification plox. isnt it more likely that ireland will be incorprated into the UK eventually, after the EU falls apart?

>honest opinion on the realistic prospects of irish reunification plox
Depends how Brexit goes.
>isnt it more likely that ireland will be incorprated into the UK eventually
HAHAHA no.
>after the EU falls apart?
Not likely to happen.

>while holding your penis
Wait, you actually physically touch it desu?
>Practice
Hehe...

>sounds and smells of the room
What kinds? I love expierenceing such new things, I'm sure they'll be great.
>it's terrible craic bit
I mean it is probably mean-spirited and such, but it is still fun discussing the news and what other people are up to, no?

>they 3d print the machines to make apple juice nowadays
Interesting.

>we made apple juice in primary
Sounds quite fun. Did you guys then make champagne in secondary school?

This more or less, though I don't expect a UI very soon.

It's a demographic inevitability, provided they don't flood NI with indifferent foreigners who only care about gibs (and even then, EU citizenship would probably be important to them).

What I see as troublesome and almost certain to happen is the UK will intervene and re-take the North after the vote because the remaining Unionists, minority in their supposed eternal enclave, will engage in violence against Ireland as they have always done. The Irish army isn't prepared for terrorism, let alone counterinsurgency, let alone again even a nominal "peacekeeping" component of British troops.
They have 5000 troops in Northern Ireland, we have 10,000 in the whole country.

I haven't got a free green tick from the captcha in days. I'm starting to feel insulted.

>What kinds?
The kinds you usually get in a bathroom.
>I love expierenceing such new things, I'm sure they'll be great
I really do worry for you sometimes.
>it is still fun discussing the news and what other people are up to, no?
No.

>Wait, you actually physically touch it desu?
Yes?
Do you just let "it" hang?
>Did you guys then make champagne in secondary school?
Friend of mine made his own mead,was fairly shit but better than nothing

>Yes but not by women.
Mind sharing it with us,no need to do so if you don't feel like it though
>Dear Lux
Come on,you were a pubescent boy too once

>No
Oh, ok then.

>Do you just let "it" hang
On second thought, I don't think I want to get into this discussion.

>provided they don't flood NI with indifferent foreigners
Northern Ireland is the most openly racist part of the UK and the bit with the least foreigners to begin with (unless you count unionists obviously). The foreigners that come to Britain don't want to live in the north because there's still a stigma of violence around it, they much rather the safer and more accepting England.

>What I see as troublesome and almost certain to happen is the UK will intervene and re-take the North after the vote
Doubt it. This isn't the twenties, the north doesn't have anything of value for them anymore. And frankly I don't think the British government is willing to completely destroy relations with Ireland over a region that's nothing but a drain on their economy.

Well, there'd be nothing we could do to stop it.
The last thing we should let the unionists have is their own "1916". A Vinegar Hill or Drogheda if they want it.

eu is full on the refugee and big homo agenda. give it a few years and wont the irish rather be in an independant UK than being flooded with pakistanis? provided brexit goes through
i think its very possible that the eu refugee agenda will trigger swexit.

dont the opinion polls show a majority for remaining part of the UK? and that majority includes part of catholics? its been some time since i looked at this

>On second thought, I don't think I want to get into this discussion.
Fair enough

>For something I never plan on doing?
I refuse to believe that you have never had hopes and dreams

It's the same shtick they use to sell immigration in your country - they don't acknowledge the nature of the population pyramid: there's more Catholics in the younger generation than Protestants.

>be small child in primary school
>somehow end up pissing on myself one day when trying to control my piss stream
>mother tells me you're not supposed to hold your penis when pissing
>many years later, still just let it hang every time
Funny how such small incidents can end up shaping our entire way of life.

>Mind sharing it with us
Would rather not. It's nothing too bad but still.

>Come on,you were a pubescent boy too once
I didn't do TY. Only they got condoms from their sexual education class.

>Musashi Kai Ni has been released
And people have the gall to say that I have bad taste.

>they can't really go around picking the whole WE WUZ FREIKORPS ideology up
>A german Freikorps soldier, Erich Balla, described almost gleefully in his memoirs how his Freikorps comrades roamed the streets of Riga killing teenage girls, “mostly beautiful things”, whom the murderers claimed “spent their nights in sexual orgies and their days in orgies of violence… They did not see their youth or their charm. They saw only the face of the devil as they were beating, shooting, stabbing them to death.”

dindu nuhhin

>I refuse to believe that you have never had hopes and dreams
Then you clearly don't know me very well.

>Only they got condoms from their sexual education class.
>having a sexual education class at all
Degeneracy of the highest order.

I know you didn't ask me, but I rest it on my pants generally. You would probably use your underwear instead if you wear any.

>eu is full on the refugee and big homo agenda
Due in no small part to your country.

>wont the irish rather be in an independant UK than being flooded with pakistanis?
You have clearly never met an Irish person. We'd rather nuke ourselves than rejoin the UK.

>i think its very possible that the eu refugee agenda will trigger swexit.
But Sweden's refugee problem is the fault of your own government, no the EU. Ireland has barely taken any refugees.